I've been lurking around here for a while(quite a lot, actually)Β in search for knowledge, so after digging plenty of infos thanks to this site, i've decided to show up here as well to say hi.

on a side note, i also wanted to honestly thank the people who run this fan site, as it's always been an awesome source of informations(and hopefully it will keep being so).

Β 

as for myself: i've playedΒ with almost all of the main FE titles, from the NES era up to the 3DS, so i'm not exactly new to these games.

recently, i've also re-started the whole saga from the very first title on NES as a sort of marathon due to nostalgia and curiosity. beside having fun with them, i planΒ to complete all the main games one last time before moving on to other titles.

Β 

well, i guess that's all for now. i'll hangΒ around here every once and then.

Β 

[edit] apparently i can't post on these boards yet due to either time limit by spambots protection, or other factors i'm not aware of.

i'll be waiting a bit...

Edited by Fenreir

Welcome to the Forest, Fenreir!

On 16/09/2018 at 2:54 PM, Fenreir said:

[edit] apparently i can't post on these boards yet due to either time limit by spambots protection, or other factors i'm not aware of.

i'll be waiting a bit...

It's not exactly a time limit but it is a protection against bots. You're free to join any discussion in the meantime.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

alright, it seems i can finally start posting now. thanks for the welcome.

23 hours ago, Jedi said:

Played any of the spinoffs?

if you meant spinoffsΒ such as Warriors, not yet.

however, i have played with Advance Wars titles for both GBA and DS.

they're not reallyΒ spinoffs, but they do share some basic gameplay mechanics from FE, along with other different settings as well. i consider themΒ a "modern-time" version of FE.

i liked mostly the first 2 games for GBA, but sadly that serie has died when it reached theΒ DS era. the atmosphere and overall quality of the last games wasn't exactly the same as the previous ones, so probably the interest of potential new players and fans dropped down in the end, along with the sales.

a shame indeed, but i suppose that Intelligent Systems at the time was more focused on putting all their efforts on Awakening in order to save at least one out of two franchises.

Edited by Fenreir

7 hours ago, Fenreir said:

alright, it seems i can finally start posting now. thanks for the welcome.

if you meant spinoffsΒ such as Warriors, not yet.

however, i have played with Advance Wars titles for both GBA and DS.

they're not reallyΒ spinoffs, but they do share some basic gameplay mechanics from FE, along with other different settings as well. i consider themΒ a "modern-time" version of FE.

i liked mostly the first 2 games for GBA, but sadly that serie has died when it reached theΒ DS era. the atmosphere and overall quality of the last games wasn't exactly the same as the previous ones, so probably the interest of potential new players and fans dropped down in the end, along with the sales.

a shame indeed, but i suppose that Intelligent Systems at the time was more focused on putting all their efforts on Awakening in order to save at least one out of two franchises.

If you're curious about Musou games, FEW is a good place to start with them. Could be a cool introduction for you ^^.Β 

Yeah i'm sad with AW dying out, I even liked the last game the most of them all.

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

If you're curious about Musou games, FEW is a good place to start with them. Could be a cool introduction for you ^^.

i actually own all 3 Drakengard games, so i'm already aware of how the genre works.

i will probably play it someday, it's just not a priority for now.Β thing is, usually those kind of games tend to be cool for the first hour of gameplay, but in the long run the fightingΒ itself becomes quite boring and repetitive, hence why i haven't picked up FEWΒ yet.