An Est Jagen/Jagen Est

Von Ithipathachai

Okay, hear me out here.

So I was wondering to myself how a combination Est/Jagen character would work out.  The idea mainly came from Eyvel and Conquest!Gunter's circumstances of recruitment, in which they get removed from the party early on and are unable to rejoin until much later.

So this Jagen/Est combo character would start with low bases for a promoted unit, but still higher than those of your starting units and the enemies.  He/she would also have extremely high growth rates, but here's the catch: a certain story event causes him/her to disappear for most of the game.  By the he/she is re-recruited, the majority of your other units will have surpassed him/her considerably, but if given enough kills/Bonus EXP/whatnot, he/she can catch up surprisingly fast.

Story-wise, such a character would have to be a legendary warrior who hasn't fought in a long while and is getting back into the groove, so to speak.

Your thoughts?

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

This sounds exactly like Shinon in Path of Radiance: overleveled early on, disappears for 2/3 of the game due to a story event, comes back underleveled, and has high growths. 

Ah.  I haven't played the Tellius games, so I'm not too familiar with them.

So basically someone like Zeig from Tear Ring saga? Comes early with crazy bases, has the best growths in the game, gets double EXP, can use Lances while dismounted and has a special mounted class that takes no movement penalties from forests and deserts.

Raffin is similar I'd say. I mean, he never leaves but halfway through the game he decides that being a prepromote Commando Knight is not good enough and promotes again to grow himself some wings.

Edited by BrightBow

14 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Your thoughts?

I kinda like the idea.

As mentioned, Shinon basically already is this character, and as much as I like Shinon that really has nothing to do with his unique recruitment. It sounds like an idea that would work well with a Lyn Mode- I don't ever use Wallace so I can't speak to how good a trained Wallace is.

• 3 weeks later...