Should I keep my save, Or...

MyLuckyHaiku

So, I know the title is confusing, So I will elaborate on it. In Fates, I keep Two out of three of my Save Files forever, As my "Main saves" One female, The other male. The third save is used for any other playthroughs and I can delete this one later to play through the game again. anyways in my main Male save I have General Corrin and I S supported Mozu!Mitama, And I'm not quite happy because I prefer Orochi, And want to restart the save after I finish so I can S support Orochi instead, But the problem is I've spent so much time grinding already that I'd be sad to see it go, (But I do like grinding) But I could re-buy the skills I earned so far, To make this easier for you guys to understand this confusing mess, Here:I am not content with Mitama, But I've earned so many skills I'd lose some of them after restarting (Because when finishing the game, you can only input 5 characters into your logbook) I'm also sorry if this is the wrong place in the forums for this, I could've figure out where else to put it (And this is my first time using the Poll function so I don't know what I'm doing) But keep in mind, I'm only keeping ONE Male save file for good, So I have to make sure I know what I want. (If you are confused just ask me)

Edited by MyLuckyHaiku

You can just use the Einherjar shop to buy the units whose skills you want to keep.  Then whatever skills they have equipped at the time of purchase will be the only skills you can buy, but they'll be logged into the logbook permanently (until you delete his logbook entry).

All you have to do to set that up properly is you set up your castle defenses so that whatever units you want to buy are at the top of the unit list in the unit deployment menu (and that they are actually deployed for castle defense).  Then when you go to the Einherjar shop, they should be available for purchase.

That's how I made an army of Oboro's and acquired every skill possible for her.  Not recommended for the faint of heart; requires tons of grinding.

Edited by Ertrick36

So, I just realized, If I reset and choose a different talent this time (Such as Fighter) I'll have more variety in skills, While keeping the skills from General, So I've come to the conclusion that once I beat the story in this save I will restart it as a Fighter. (I'm not worried about losing a kid because in my current save I messed up, So the royals are single...)

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

That's how I made an army of Oboro's and acquired every skill possible for her.  Not recommended for the faint of heart; requires tons of grinding.

Interesting! How long did that take?

10 hours ago, MyLuckyHaiku said:

Interesting! How long did that take?

Well, I'd always have to make it to Chapter 11 in Birthright and make a new save to get to that point again... even on Phoenix mode, that takes about an hour per run.  This was to get Oboro into every other class, which probably took around 18 hours in total.

Then I had to get all of them to level 15 and reclass them appropriately... another, say, 30 hours.  Though that time I was actually playing on Lunatic so that the process wasn't so boring.

I had time to waste, and did it while watching an assortment of YouTube videos.  The good news is that if I ever wanted to help someone acquire an optimal 'Boro, I'm very much able to do so.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

Well, I'd always have to make it to Chapter 11 in Birthright and make a new save to get to that point again... even on Phoenix mode, that takes about an hour per run.  This was to get Oboro into every other class, which probably took around 18 hours in total.

Then I had to get all of them to level 15 and reclass them appropriately... another, say, 30 hours.  Though that time I was actually playing on Lunatic so that the process wasn't so boring.

I had time to waste, and did it while watching an assortment of YouTube videos.  The good news is that if I ever wanted to help someone acquire an optimal 'Boro, I'm very much able to do so.

The other day while playing Birthright I tried to watch YouTube at the same time, I got distracted and didn't even play Birthright.

3 minutes ago, MyLuckyHaiku said:

The other day while playing Birthright I tried to watch YouTube at the same time, I got distracted and didn't even play Birthright.

I try to watch hour-long stuff that doesn't have much going on the screen - what are essentially podcasts.

Lately, I've been listening to D&D streams.

6 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I try to watch hour-long stuff that doesn't have much going on the screen - what are essentially podcasts.

Lately, I've been listening to D&D streams.

How ironic, The videos I was distracted by were specifically D&D. Which I have no idea why I watch D&D videos since I don't even play it. (I Think it'd be cool though)

1 minute ago, MyLuckyHaiku said:

How ironic, The videos I was distracted by were specifically D&D. Which I have no idea why I watch D&D videos since I don't even play it. (I Think it'd be cool though)

Me neither.  But I saw Team Four Star doing it and I - having an idea of what it's like - thought it'd be a fun watch some of my favorite YouTube comedians do D&D together.  I'd like to get involved in a game, but everyone I know who's into it pretty much have their players filled and in the middle of campaigns.

I find they work well for me because it's mostly theater of the mind type of stuff, so I don't need to actually look at the screen.  I pause it whenever I want to actually read dialogue, though.  And it's why in spite of the fact that I don't go out in public much for recreation I still value the portability of the 3DS.

2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Me neither.  But I saw Team Four Star doing it and I - having an idea of what it's like - thought it'd be a fun watch some of my favorite YouTube comedians do D&D together.  I'd like to get involved in a game, but everyone I know who's into it pretty much have their players filled and in the middle of campaigns.

I find they work well for me because it's mostly theater of the mind type of stuff, so I don't need to actually look at the screen.  I pause it whenever I want to actually read dialogue, though.  And it's why in spite of the fact that I don't go out in public much for recreation I still value the portability of the 3DS.

No one I know in real life actually plays D&D, So I can't really play it. (Even if I did get into it i'd have trouble getting other people into it) 

D&D videos are great for background noise, Cause there's not much going on, But they're still fun because you can imagine the scenery and stuff if you want.