10 Days until FE:W is a year old (3rd Q&A giveaway)

Jedi

Fire Emblem Warriors turns 1 in 10 days (from it's original Japanese release). 

Through all the toil and trouble, this game was fairly successful with at least 1 mil sales, and not to mention decent DLC that expanded on stuff. I again want to thank everyone for well everything regarding it's success, even during the more aggressive period of speculation and such. It provided the game more attention and, I hope it continues to grow. 

As we move forward, let us continue to show our support. Considering HW got an expansion, maybe we will too down the line. However even if we don't we can enjoy what we have and hope for more Koei-Tecmo and Nintendo crossover antics. 

I want to do one more Q&A giveaway, but this time, it'll be a bit of a lengthy timespan. Anyone who posts in here (unless they state otherwise) will have a chance of winning a copy on the English year long anniversary next month on October the 20th. 

So let's be merry, enjoy and discuss this once more, and again thank you.

This will also be tied into a thread on Smashboards

Edited by Jedi

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

A copy of what? Fire Emblem Warriors? Wouldn't the majority of people posting in this subforum not already have a copy of the game?

Ironically enough I don't have a copy of it yet, for the simple reason that I don't have a console to play it on. So yeah, I don't really want to take part in the giveaway, but best of luck to everyone else, and let's hope we will see something nice in FE:W in the future Sacred Stones characters when

JEDI, YOU KIND DORK YOU

How do you think the longevity/replayability/challenge of the game, given that it's been out for nearly a year now? Is it the kind of game that you feel like has grown repetitive? IDK if growth variances make the game replayable to have a real feel for units being all that diverse if they're RNG blessed/cursed

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

A copy of what? Fire Emblem Warriors? Wouldn't the majority of people posting in this subforum not already have a copy of the game?

Yes, and well since the two previous giveaways have happened, there seems to be enough who don't. 

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

yo i'd like to participate

will the giveaway be strictly for the switch, since I don't have that option.

You can pick the 3DS version if you'd like. 

50 minutes ago, Elieson said:

JEDI, YOU KIND DORK YOU

How do you think the longevity/replayability/challenge of the game, given that it's been out for nearly a year now? Is it the kind of game that you feel like has grown repetitive? IDK if growth variances make the game replayable to have a real feel for units being all that diverse if they're RNG blessed/cursed

There aren't growth variances first of all, unless you mean character to character, they have different caps. It all depends on you in terms of if it's repeitive or not. Some find it so, probably much like HWL, because of the smaller than usual Warriors cast like most of the spinoffs end up having.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

as stated previously, I already have the game so you can skip me on the giveaway

what do you think the odds are of us getting an FEW 2 and if we do, when do you think we will get it?

Honestly, I can't be entirely sure on if we'll get one. With how much they talked about it I think they will if they can, i'd say about a 40% chance? Roughly.

But I wouldn't expect it anytime before 2020 personally.

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

There aren't growth variances first of all, unless you mean character to character, they have different caps.

Wait, so Elise is always going to have X magic at Y level (Y-You're saying, I can't try to rig shiny green capped def on Elise if I believe hard enough)?

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

Wait, so Elise is always going to have X magic at Y level (Y-You're saying, I can't try to rig shiny green capped def on Elise if I believe hard enough)?

Basically yes.

Assume you were in charge of selecting characters for a hypothetical DLC wave focused on a combination of Fire Emblem (GBA) and Fire Emblem Echoes.   You have been told that the wave would consist of only a single character from each of the two games, one from Fire Emblem (GBA) and one from Fire Emblem Echoes.  You have also been given an additional stipulation that you cannot choose Alm, Eliwood, or Hector.  Which characters would you choose, and why?

42 minutes ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

Assume you were in charge of selecting characters for a hypothetical DLC wave focused on a combination of Fire Emblem (GBA) and Fire Emblem Echoes.   You have been told that the wave would consist of only a single character from each of the two games, one from Fire Emblem (GBA) and one from Fire Emblem Echoes.  You have also been given an additional stipulation that you cannot choose Alm, Eliwood, or Hector.  Which characters would you choose, and why?

Interesting! I like questions like this. 

Hmmm one from each eh? I'd look at the popularity of characters from both games, and stuff in heroes. Nino becomes an obvious choice from Blazing Sword, as she's generally popular with both Japanese and Western audiences, she has some good support material from the home game that they could expand on even further in Warriors. 

With Echoes this becomes a bit harder, but i'll go with Lukas, as he's not on Celica's route, generally popular with those who've played Echoes, has a lance, and would be our first General/Thwomp character.

So obviously not entering in the giveaway because I already own the game, but I have a couple of questions about a hypothetical sequel.

Who from Genealogy would you want to get in, and who do you think would actually get in should they decide to rep that game?

And what kinds of stages would you like to see?

9 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

So obviously not entering in the giveaway because I already own the game, but I have a couple of questions about a hypothetical sequel.

Who from Genealogy would you want to get in, and who do you think would actually get in should they decide to rep that game?

And what kinds of stages would you like to see?

I'd love to see Sigurd, Seilph, Briggid, Leif, Altenna, Cuan, Finn, Ethlyn, Arden, Tinny, Ced, Ares, Arvis, Ayra the most. 

Who we'd get? Sigurd, Seilph, Lewyn, Ayra, Arden, Eldigan, Lachesis if I had to guess 

I think Chapters Prologue, 1, 3, 5, 8, 10 and Final would be cool from those as stages.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Congratulation with your birthday FE warriors. Now how's that sequel coming along? :):

I second this notion.

On 18/09/2018 at 8:25 AM, Jedi said:

Anyone who posts in here (unless they state otherwise) will have a chance of winning a copy on the English year long anniversary next month on October the 20th. 

Thanks again for my copy by the way, dude. It's been a blast (when I've not been playing Xenoverse 2 for like 3-4 times the duration I've played this).

On 18/09/2018 at 11:09 PM, Jedi said:

Honestly, I can't be entirely sure on if we'll get one. With how much they talked about it I think they will if they can, i'd say about a 40% chance? Roughly.

But I wouldn't expect it anytime before 2020 personally.

I'm cool with waiting but I really want it now...

Eh, I don't really have any need of entering but it's not like I can't ask any questions right?

If you were implementing Ike, would you use his Ranger and Lord classes as his base class and promotion with his Hero and Vanguard classes as alternative costume options from the start? (Ranger and Hero both being available from the get-go with his promotion unlocking both Lord and Vanguard) or would you have his classes defaultly from one game and unlock the other game's costumes via History Mode battles?
OR
Would you make his class line just work as: Ranger -> Hero?

While I'm still on the subject of Ike, I may as well ask who you'd have him converse with via supports. At least of the existing FEW cast.

And as for the story's crossover reason, how would you want it to go?
I felt that what we got in FEW wasn't really an explaination compared to at least Dynasty Warriors Gundam or Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3.

I feel guilty about asking so many questions now... =/

49 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

I second this notion.

Thanks again for my copy by the way, dude. It's been a blast (when I've not been playing Xenoverse 2 for like 3-4 times the duration I've played this).

I'm cool with waiting but I really want it now...

Eh, I don't really have any need of entering but it's not like I can't ask any questions right?

If you were implementing Ike, would you use his Ranger and Lord classes as his base class and promotion with his Hero and Vanguard classes as alternative costume options from the start? (Ranger and Hero both being available from the get-go with his promotion unlocking both Lord and Vanguard) or would you have his classes defaultly from one game and unlock the other game's costumes via History Mode battles?
OR
Would you make his class line just work as: Ranger -> Hero?

While I'm still on the subject of Ike, I may as well ask who you'd have him converse with via supports. At least of the existing FEW cast.

And as for the story's crossover reason, how would you want it to go?
I felt that what we got in FEW wasn't really an explaination compared to at least Dynasty Warriors Gundam or Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3.

I feel guilty about asking so many questions now... =/

I think I'd go with Ranger -> Lord, and have his alternate be Hero and Vanguard yes, probably unlocked in some Ike focused history battle. 

Of the existing cast? I'd like for him to be able to chat with Marth, Xander, Ryoma, Anna, Takumi (Shinon dynamic), Azura and Navarre. 

I'd like the next game to use Darios as the MC as the devs hinted they'd possibly do in a sequel, have him in some realm of darkness (read hell) he has to battle his way out of, before coming out into the PoR realm and the other universes, and he has to help and atone for his possessed actions. 

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

Of the existing cast? I'd like for him to be able to chat with Marth, Xander, Ryoma, Anna, Takumi (Shinon dynamic), Azura and Navarre. 

I'd like the next game to use Darios as the MC as the devs hinted they'd possibly do in a sequel, have him in some realm of darkness (read hell) he has to battle his way out of, before coming out into the PoR realm and the other universes, and he has to help and atone for his possessed actions. 

Marth and Navarre are probably my favourite choices there though I can see Takumi being my next favourite. If there wouldn't be a Smash reference between him and Marth though, I don't know what I'd do with myself. As for Navarre, I could probably see him having a conversation similar to things he and Stefan have discussed so that's cool too.

Atonement I hope we get more than the whole amnesia prospect. I feel would be the easy way out... but yeah, my interest is piqued enough. I'd totally play your outlines here. 

13 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

Marth and Navarre are probably my favourite choices there though I can see Takumi being my next favourite. If there wouldn't be a Smash reference between him and Marth though, I don't know what I'd do with myself. As for Navarre, I could probably see him having a conversation similar to things he and Stefan have discussed so that's cool too.

Atonement I hope we get more than the whole amnesia prospect. I feel would be the easy way out... but yeah, my interest is piqued enough. I'd totally play your outlines here. 

I just came up with it out of the blue haha, it just sounded kinda cool.

hope im not to late to asking questions,

If we were to get a sequel to the game, what kind of optional side modes or new menus would you add?

Like say we have a side mode thats similar to fates base of operation, or something similar to dynasty warrior 8s base mode where you built and improved your units in a base you could walk around, or perhaps what-if scenarios where units from different games partook in a lightly longer campaign that tells a story of something that might of happened if these characters were there instead. im curious what you would add.

• 4 weeks later...

Sure, I'll participate.

I'm hoping for several things.

Firstly, viewing enemy stats. It bothers me to no end that this was excluded. Secondly, an option to have CPU controlled allies attack outposts. It always helps to take down ouptosts, but the CPUs always run right by them, and there's no option to have them target them. Thirdly, I want better weapon and movement type distribution. It bothered me so much not having a non-flying lance user. Sure there's dlc, but I don't have it and it would have been best in the base game anyway. Fourth, I'd like characters from the series in game and most, if not all, of the dlc to be included in the base game. I'd also like Darios who was supposed to be DLC or unlockable as playable but got cut. Fifth, Celica should have some dialogue changes to match her Echoes self. No touching her support with Anna though, developers.

That's all I can really think of for the moment. If the game gets a sequel, I either A) want it to include more characters or B) just drop everyone from the first game and focus on different ones. I'd be happy with either, as much as I'd miss some characters from the first game

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

I already have the game, but I'll post anyway. 

If you could crossover any series with FE which one and why?

I kinda forgot this thread existed because the lack of posts lmao, since most people own the game I might not do the giveaway again but I will answer.

Hmm I always felt Zelda and FE would work together thematically. Have Link doing the tough stuff behind the scenes but the main army doing the main combat with Ganons Forces.