What skills would you like to see turned into Seals (and what Seals would you like to see as regular skills)?

Jotari

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grani's Shield - I understand why we don't have Svalinn, but cavs could use this
  • Renewal
  • Drive Res - full circle
  • Infantry Pulse
  • maybe Aerobatics for fun
Edited by Garlyle

I'd be a lot less harsh on those Arena A skills if they were seals.

I still wouldn't be wholly okay with them, since it's still a hasty looking patch job over actually fixing the score formula, but at least this way ranged/horses/etc aren't locked out of one of the most valuable slots for the sake of score, it just further gimps their already gimped stats.  eff that.   

As a bonus, it makes them not a blatant and kinda scummy cashgrab. 

close counter

all blow skill

all stance skills (-breaths)

spd tactics and atk tactic

fucking guard

desperation

hp/spd+ 

infantry pulse

renewal

wind and water sweeo

as skills id like to see:

C: phantom speed

B hardy bearing

A: Quickened pulse, deflect seals etc

17 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I'll agree with this.

I'm not going to say what skills should be seals as is, I'm not sure currently.

Of the seals that could be skills, Phantom Speed requires a B skill as is to be relevant, so I'd wait until the sweep skills are made into seals first. Hardy Bearing should be a B skill imo, QP really isn't all that broken any more so I'd be fine with it and maybe the Deflect seals though I'm on the fence on those, Deflect Magic is pretty busted imo. I think Armoured boots could be considered as well, much as it likely wouldn't matter much at all.

I believe Deflect Melee/Missile/Magic would be a A-Skill, Hardy Bearing would be a B-Skill, Quickened pulse, Phantom Spd and Armored Boots would be a C-Skill.

I would enjoy to have Renewal, Drive Res, Dull Ranged/Close, Water/Wind Sweep, Atk/Spd 2, Triangle Adept and Atk Tactic as Sacred Seal. I don't believe we will he Spd Tactic so soon, and I don't believe we will see Distant/Close Counter as a Seal form.

Skills into Seals:
Guard
Renewal
Spd Tactic
Atk Tactic
Drive Res
Dual Spurs (ie. Spur Atk/Spd)

Seals into Skills: Only Hardy Bearing is worth mentioning. Deflect skills would most likely be B-slot skills and would be extremely weak and situational options in a competitive skill slot - they are already better off as seals than as skills (just like Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade).

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I believe Deflect Melee/Missile/Magic would be a A-Skill, Hardy Bearing would be a B-Skill, Quickened pulse, Phantom Spd and Armored Boots would be a C-Skill.

I would enjoy to have Renewal, Drive Res, Dull Ranged/Close, Water/Wind Sweep, Atk/Spd 2, Triangle Adept and Atk Tactic as Sacred Seal. I don't believe we will he Spd Tactic so soon, and I don't believe we will see Distant/Close Counter as a Seal form.

We already have a Deflect skill as a B skill in the form of Sigurd's Crusader's Ward (which is just Deflect Missile and Deflect Magic combined). so they'd probably be B skills. Even with Sigurd's unique skill aside, A skills are more for boosting stats while B skills are battle activated skills. The Deflect Skills might seem like Close Guard or Armourd Blow, but typically A skills increase a Unit's stats, while B skills change what happens in the battle someway, usually based on priority. Of the skills that already exist, they'd be most mechanically similar to Cancel Affinity.

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

We already have a Deflect skill as a B skill in the form of Sigurd's Crusader's Ward (which is just Deflect Missile and Deflect Magic combined). so they'd probably be B skills. Even with Sigurd's unique skill aside, A skills are more for boosting stats while B skills are battle activated skills. The Deflect Skills might seem like Close Guard or Armourd Blow, but typically A skills increase a Unit's stats, while B skills change what happens in the battle someway, usually based on priority. Of the skills that already exist, they'd be most mechanically similar to Cancel Affinity.

That's true. I forgot Sigurd's Crusader's Ward effect. Yeah, Deflect Skills would be a B-Skill, but it would be more useful in a different way. For B-Skill version, it should be Deflect Close (Swords, Lances, Axes and Dragonstones) and Deflect Ranged (Tomes, Bows, Daggers and Staves). Sigurd's Crusader's Ward is basically Deflect Ranged. It would work better, although this change would make Crusader's Ward not that special anymore. It would be just a 300 SP skill.

4 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I still wouldn't be wholly okay with them, since it's still a hasty looking patch job over actually fixing the score formula, but at least this way ranged/horses/etc aren't locked out of one of the most valuable slots for the sake of score, it just further gimps their already gimped stats.  eff that.   

As a bonus, it makes them not a blatant and kinda scummy cashgrab. 

This was pretty much my thoughts as soon as I saw the topic.  I run DC on my Titania not really for points, but being a high Res mage killer is her niche, and not having DC hurts her a lot more than say, my Rachel, who I could sac her A slot without completely gimping her.

Shield Pulse as a seal. If they're going to lock it to two 5* units where one of them is seasonal and the other might as well be considered an endangered species and the damn thing can only really be abused by like three units, Karla, Linus, and Raven, where they need their seal slot open for Flashing/Heavy Blade to charge Pavise with every attack they do then they might as well make into it a fodder seal for some TT.

Also, Bold, Special, and Vengeful Fighter, Vantage, and Wrath as seals because watching the world burn is fun.

Edited by Kaden

My top picks would be Wings of Mercy and Vantage for defense teams.

I would also like to see Desperation and Death Blow 4.

I also want them to start releasing duplicate Sacred Seals for non Stat +# skills. Having two Wings of Mercy Sacred Seals would be awesome.

10 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

@XRay No, you can't be serious by DB4. That would be so disgusting, even DC would be disgusting stacked with other A skills. Now try to imagine these 2 skills together, it just says wrong.

I like it nasty.

Enemy Phase and mixed phade units need less babying in my opinion. Reinhardt needs to put them in their place.

Distant Counter would be nice as a Sacred Seal too. It would keep Player Phase units on their toes.

42 minutes ago, XRay said:

My top picks would be Wings of Mercy and Vantage for defense teams.

I would also like to see Desperation and Death Blow 4.

I also want them to start releasing duplicate Sacred Seals for non Stat +# skills. Having two Wings of Mercy Sacred Seals would be awesome.

wings of mercy/escape route is a can of worms you never want to open by makeing it into a seal. EVER

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

wings of mercy/escape route is a can of worms you never want to open by makeing it into a seal. EVER

I did not know Escape Route was a problem.

I want Wings of Mercy and Escape Route to be released as Sacred Seals. I want a meta that is as cancerous as possible, and hopefully, I would stop seeing melee armor units in the S tier on tier lists.

Close Counter. Its not as problematic as Distant Counter as much less ranged units can truly put it to good use, but would be nice to have available for builds for ranged units.

Desperation seal. This way I can run 2 Desperation Brash Assault builds.

DB4 and QP becomes a B skill. Rein needs to be able to run DB8 QP moonbow/glimmer.

L&D so Raven and Linus can get +15 atk/spd, -15 def/res.

Fury so Eldigan can run Fury 9.

Desperation so we can get Bold Fighter desperation goodness.

And lastly, vantage so BA, Bonfire, Special Sprial Hector can make area a living hell. Actually, better yet, special spiral seal since vantage is easily available.

Edited by bottlegnomes