What skills would you like to see turned into Seals (and what Seals would you like to see as regular skills)?

Jotari

Oh, forgot that there are other seal only skills. Well, here are my opinions on them.

Phantom Spd: this one would most likely be an A-skill as, at the time of the seal's release, it was meant to combo with Windsweep. It's also a self-boosting skill and not a team support skill, so the A-slot makes the most sense. It's still horrible as a skill though since the unit could justĀ have something like Spd +3, Fury 3, Darting Blow 3, or Swift Sparrow 2 in the A-slot.

Quickened Pulse: my best guess would be the B-slot considering the nature of Leif's Stamina Drink B-slot. It honestly won't be that good.

Armored Boots: it's a self-mobility skill, making this most likely a B-slot (in a similar vein to Wings of Mercy and Escape Route). It also prevents the unit from running Renewal (unless it becomes a seal), making it so that the armored unit wouldn't have 2 movement without Armor March or having to be chaperoned by a healer. Also wouldn't be that good since Armor March exists and the B-slot is very competitive for armored units (Renewal, Guard, Bold Fighter, Vengeful Fighter, Special Fighter, Quick Riposte).

Edited by Roflolxp54

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Quickened Pulse: my best guess would be the B-slot considering the nature of Leif's Stamina Drink B-slot. It honestly won't be that good.

I don't know, on defense teams it could be a PITA. Certain units would really like it because it's stackable. Ophelia couldĀ run first turn Dragon Fang with absolutely no support, Rein could run first turn Luna or DA instead of Moonbow, etc. Slaying weapon units could also have 3 cooldown specials ready from jump. Or run 3 cooldown weapons or with a wo weapon or 4 cooldown specials immediately upon counter.Ā It'd have less maintaining power than Special Spiral, but it could definitely be situaionally useful.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

I did not know Escape Route was a problem.

I want Wings of Mercy and Escape Route to be released as Sacred Seals. I want a meta that is as cancerous as possible, and hopefully, I would stop seeing melee armor units in the S tier on tier lists.

Wings of Mercy and Escape route seal is exactly what would make Armorers even more cancerous.... Because they wouldnt need to give up Bold Fighter for it.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Wings of Mercy and Escape route seal is exactly what would make Armorers even more cancerous.... Because they wouldnt need to give up Bold Fighter for it.

That is perfectly fine. I do not mind armor units on defense teams being cancerous. I just do not want to see armor units on top on the tier lists, and I believe that Enemy Phase players and armor players would have a more difficult time if Wings of Mercy and Escape Route is more common.

3 hours ago, Zelgius said:

I'd like to see Spd Tactics, Spd/Def Bond, Renewal, and Guard as a seal.

Guard in particular I think would work well as a seal. As far as skills go, it's pretty good, but it seems very little use due to competition. Making it a seal would help solve that.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

That is perfectly fine. I do not mind armor units on defense teams being cancerous. I just do not want to see armor units on top on the tier lists, and I believe that Enemy Phase players and armor players would have a more difficult time if Wings of Mercy and Escape Route is more common.

this is a wrong assumption because armorers are the unit types that can more easy reach 50% hp and less without dieing or getting ORKO due to the skills and leg weapons and BST some of them have available. on some maps or team comp you are forced to chip away on them so you can defeat them then with the unit you want. again wom and escape route as a seal opens pandoras box you do not want to face.

now we still have the luxury of stalking time by splitting them up and make armor march not take effect, which gives breathing room.

wom reinhardt is easier to deal with then a wom L!Ephraim with garm and special fighter and a buff active....

Renewal, Guard, CC, Spd and Atk Tactics are the big ones for me.

QP and Armor boots as C skills would be nice too.

38 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

Close and distant counter, but based on HP not to make themĀ usable allĀ the time.Ā >90%=1, >80%=2, >70%=3.Ā 

It sucks that DC is only 5* exclusive. At least regular Hector could be demoted

Ā 

I don't think CC needs a nerf but a nerfed DC would be a good compromise for a seal. There are a number of characters who are basically made with DC in mind (low def, high res melee units) but don't have it, requiring rare fodder just to fulfill their intended role.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

on some maps or team comp you are forced to chip away on them so you can defeat them then with the unit you want. again wom and escape route as a seal opens pandoras box you do not want to face.

Dance/Sing-Reposition gets me far enough away from armor units that I do not have to worry about being ambushed by Wings of Mercy.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

wom reinhardt is easier to deal with then a wom L!Ephraim with garm and special fighter and a buff active....

I guess it is the opposite for me. I have trouble with ranged pony teams on the old Arena map with vertical parallel bridges. I never had trouble with armors, fliers, or infantry on any type of map even if they have Wings of Mercy because they simply cannot cover enough ground.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Dance/Sing-Reposition gets me far enough away from armor units that I do not have to worry about being ambushed by Wings of Mercy.

I guess it is the opposite for me. I have trouble with ranged pony teams on the old Arena map with vertical parallel bridges. I never had trouble with armors, fliers, or infantry on any type of map even if they have Wings of Mercy because they simply cannot cover enough ground.

dance & repo arent an option with T21 Arena scoring (unlessĀ with theĀ new A skills, even then).

and in some cases dance & repo arent enough to get away easy if armorers are clustered. all it takes is a surviving less 50% armorer (which hapoens alot especially on the oasis map)Ā moving in and a Bold fighter brave bow Jakob teleporting in tearing you a new hole.

There are many reinhardt counters to bait and insta kill him. there arent many counters to bait a bold fighter tharja & jakob & garm ephraim wrf shenanigens at theĀ same time. Besifes on most maps you wont be able to bait them anyway on turn 1.Ā 

trust me when i sayĀ a wom seal will bring armorers to another level of disgust with their mixed phase builds.

16 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Quickened Pulse would be more useful as a C-Skill, like Infantry Pulse or Ostia's Pulse.

20 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Quickened Pulse would be more useful as a C-Skill, like Infantry Pulse or Ostia's Pulse.

The difference that C skills affect allies or enemies.Ā Infantry Pulse and Ostia Pulse don't effect the user themselves (I believe), while Quickened pulse does. Kind of like how Triangle Adept and Cancel Affinity are basically counterparts of the same skill, but are on A and B slots respectively due to how they work. Quickened Pulse probably would be more useful as a C skill (especially for Leif who could combine S Drink, Quickened Pulse skill and Quickened Pulse Seal to start off with a special), but as would most skills as the C slot is probably the least competitive one.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

dance & repo arent an option with T21 Arena scoring (unlessĀ with theĀ new A skills, even then).

Good, cause I cannot even stay in Tier 20 anymore.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

trust me when i sayĀ a wom seal will bring armorers to another level of disgust with their mixed phase builds.

That is what I want.

Ā 

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Let's just go full hall and add Embla's Ward.

Do not forget MĆŗspellflame too. And the effect only works when on defense teams.

Just now, XRay said:

Do not forget MĆŗspellflame too. And the effect only works when on defense teams.

Or they could just add a clause "Any and all possible rewards, SP, EXP, and points in various modes are unobtainable while any unit being fielded has this skill equipped".

It'd make it into a Super Guide skill. Useful for playing something out to experiment with it, but unusable otherwise. Like figuring out how to approach/win a GHB.Ā 

35 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Let's just go full hall and add Embla's Ward.

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

That would be something. IS could change both skills from "Reduces damage dealt to unit to 0" to "Reduces Special Skills damage dealt to unit to 0". Having a seal that nullify the damage from skills like Glimmer, Bonfire or Aether would be cool.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

PokƩmon's Perish Song?

Reminds me more of Bravely Default's "Feel No Pain" passive. For the first three turns of battle, all damage received is ignored, but at the end of the third turn (or the beginning of the fourth- I forget which) all accumulated damage is dealt to the skill's recipient. So in FEH version, if Roy took 15Ā damage on turn 1, 0 on turn 2, 50 on turn 3, he'd take 65 damage when the skill's duration ends. An OHKO to him, but only after some time, and it'd let him be invincibly bulky for the duration of the skill. Sounds a little too strong for FEH.

Ā 

I did once think of a "Gesh Protection" skill for Eyvel. It'd prevent all fatal damage for the first turn or three (whatever duration doesn't break it), referencing the gameplay impossibility of her getting killed in the early chapters of Thracia (any fatal hit will be rigged into a dodge).

Ā 

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminds me more of Bravely Default's "Feel No Pain" passive. For the first three turns of battle, all damage received is ignored, but at the end of the third turn (or the beginning of the fourth- I forget which) all accumulated damage is dealt to the skill's recipient. So in FEH version, if Roy took 15Ā damage on turn 1, 0 on turn 2, 50 on turn 3, he'd take 65 damage when the skill's duration ends. An OHKO to him, but only after some time, and it'd let him be invincibly bulky for the duration of the skill. Sounds a little too strong for FEH.

I did once think of a "Gesh Protection" skill for Eyvel. It'd prevent all fatal damage for the first turn or three (whatever duration doesn't break it), referencing the gameplay impossibility of her getting killed in the early chapters of Thracia (any fatal hit will be rigged into a dodge).

We don't have any type of skill that kill a unit with auto-damage. Skills like fury or Celica's Ragnarok, or even enemy skills like savage blow orĀ AoE specials will not kill a unit, leaving the unit with 1 HP. Having a skill that kills the user after some turn would be interesting to see. It's a high price to pay in modes like Arena, where you need to defeat the enemy team the fast as possible or your unit will die and your score will be effected. It's a good skill for a mode like Relay Defense (I hate that mode). It will probably not happen, but it's a interesting concept.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ā 

Ā 

Stick a skill like that on Male Grima and just watch him annihilate everything on enemy phase.