What skills would you like to see turned into Seals (and what Seals would you like to see as regular skills)?

Jotari

• Renewal
  • Atk/Spd 2
  • Attack Tactics
  • Speed Tactics
  • Guard
  • Vantage
  • Aerobatics
  • HP/Atk 2
  • Distant Counter
  • Close Counter

Don't really care about any of the seals becoming skills tbh.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Close Counter
  • All basic two-stat up skills
  • Shield Pulse
  • Guard
  • Dull Close
  • Dull Ranged
  • Quick Riposte by 3 other names
  • Infantry Pulse
  • Distant Guard
  • Close Guard

18 hours ago, XRay said:

That is perfectly fine. I do not mind armor units on defense teams being cancerous. I just do not want to see armor units on top on the tier lists, and I believe that Enemy Phase players and armor players would have a more difficult time if Wings of Mercy and Escape Route is more common.

No, armor players don't have problems with teleporting enemies. We already deal with them just fine. Guidance and Warp Powder are already moderately common at the top of the Arena.

Wings of Mercy and Escape Route would be equally annoying to all players and would not change the tiering of any units.

It would boost the viability of staff users, but it wouldn't change Gamepedia's tier list any because they already tier staff users separately from everything else.

Oh yeah, there are 2 other skills that should be seals: 

Def Smoke 

Res Smoke 

This is more because Atk Smoke and Spd Smoke are already seals and Def Smoke and Res Smoke are unreasonably difficult to get currently - only Spring Alfonse and F!Grima have Def Smoke and Res Smoke respectively.

ReinLyn + 2 dancers intensify

Edited by Roflolxp54

On 19.9.2018 at 8:43 AM, NekoKnight said:

I don't think CC needs a nerf but a nerfed DC would be a good compromise for a seal. There are a number of characters who are basically made with DC in mind (low def, high res melee units) but don't have it, requiring rare fodder just to fulfill their intended role.

I would agree... if Halloween Jakob didn't exist.

11 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

Maybe the solution isn't to make Close Counter more available, but to make more viable enemy phase 2 ranged units. Give us Emperor Alvis already IS!

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

I wouldn't be too concerned about 1 seasonal when it comes to how available skills should be. I'd say the Brave Bow Bold Fighter build for him is far scarier.

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Maybe the solution isn't to make Close Counter more available, but to make more viable enemy phase 2 ranged units. Give us Emperor Alvis already IS!

The problem with enemy-phase ranged units is the fact that they don't have enough points in stats to work with unless they're armored or have stats equivalent to an armor.

Legendary Lyn, for example, pulls it off decently well with the equivalent of 177 points of stats when counting the passive A slot and not running Close Counter. However, that means she's unable to fight melee-ranged units on enemy phase due to the lack of Close Counter, and running Close Counter instead of Laws of Sacae sacrifices a whopping 16 points of stats, putting her back down to 161. Furthermore, as a Spd tank, she had to dump points elsewhere, and that happened to come out of her Def, making her ill-suited for tanking at melee range.

For comparison, Halloween Jakob has 165 points when running Close Counter and dumped Spd.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The problem with enemy-phase ranged units is the fact that they don't have enough points in stats to work with unless they're armored or have stats equivalent to an armor.

Legendary Lyn, for example, pulls it off decently well with the equivalent of 177 points of stats when counting the passive A slot and not running Close Counter. However, that means she's unable to fight melee-ranged units on enemy phase due to the lack of Close Counter, and running Close Counter instead of Laws of Sacae sacrifices a whopping 16 points of stats, putting her back down to 161. Furthermore, as a Spd tank, she had to dump points elsewhere, and that happened to come out of her Def, making her ill-suited for tanking at melee range.

For comparison, Halloween Jakob has 165 points when running Close Counter and dumped Spd.

That's a key point. Jugdral armoured mages are an untapped market.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Jugdral's armored mages also have a huge problem: there is only a small handful of them and they are all old geezers.

That is what alts are for. Since players are tired of alts of pretty waifus, they will have alts of old men instead, and all the alts will have the same Weapon (with slightly different names) and movement type as the original.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Jugdral's armored mages also have a huge problem: there is only a small handful of them and they are all old geezers.

This really, really shouldn't be an issue, but unfortunately it is. Bloom came second last and last in both the choose your legend polls. There are soms other ways they can make defensive two range units though. Wider access to the Guard Bow, a Close Defense or Armoured Blow version of it (Guard Yumi maybe?). I could see a prf weapon on a really slow unit that prevents them being doubled but only at one range. That could make for a good B skill too, kind of a less versatile version of close counter but one infantry can use too. Other potential sources for armoured ranged units could be Arkanea Generals who could use bows in the remakes. Can't recall any unit that started off with major Bow focus, but it's potential for the likes of Lorenz or someone (although for him I expect they'll go swords due to FE1).

Skills that should be seals:

The double stat boosters

Defense Smoke and Resistance Smoke

Attack Tactic and Speed Tactic

Drive Resistance

The double Spur skills

Grani's Shield

Gale Dance and Torrent Dance (because why not?)

Threaten Resistance

Desperation

Flier Guidance

Special Spiral for the meme Slaying Edge Bold Fighter Special Spiral Zelgius build

The Boost skills (Fire Boost, Water Boost, etc.)

The Bond skills (I want triple Speed Defense Bond Sharena)

Fury (for the Fury 9 Eldigan)

Life and Death (for the L&D9 Raven)

I'd also rather the Arena Score A skills (the Duel skills) were seals as opposed to skills so that better A skills could be run instead.

Seals that should be skills:

Hardy Bearing (B)

Phantom Speed (C)

Quickened Pulse (B)

Armored Boots (C)

35 minutes ago, MegaBlaziken721 said:

Skills that should be seals:

The double stat boosters

Defense Smoke and Resistance Smoke

Attack Tactic and Speed Tactic

Drive Resistance

The double Spur skills

Grani's Shield

Gale Dance and Torrent Dance (because why not?)

Threaten Resistance

Desperation

Flier Guidance

Special Spiral for the meme Slaying Edge Bold Fighter Special Spiral Zelgius build

The Boost skills (Fire Boost, Water Boost, etc.)

The Bond skills (I want triple Speed Defense Bond Sharena)

Fury (for the Fury 9 Eldigan)

Life and Death (for the L&D9 Raven)

I'd also rather the Arena Score A skills (the Duel skills) were seals as opposed to skills so that better A skills could be run instead.

Seals that should be skills:

Hardy Bearing (B)

Phantom Speed (C)

Quickened Pulse (B)

Armored Boots (C)

Why C for Armoured Boots? C slots boost other units or nerf enemimes. A skills are the ones that buff the unit themselves.

51 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Why C for Armoured Boots? C slots boost other units or nerf enemimes. A skills are the ones that buff the unit themselves.

In general A skill is meant to be boosting stats, but not movements. Skills that help movements are usually B slot, and skills that help others movement is C slot.

Armored Boots is clearly a B slot nominee. 

Edited by Garlyle

6 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

In general A skill is meant to be boosting stats, but not movements. Skills that help movements are usually B slot, and skills that help others movement is C slot.

Armored Boots is clearly a B slot nominee. 

Well that's debatable. The movement skills in B are like teleporting skills. They don't actually increase how far a unit can move, just alter the position they can move to, if that makes any sense. The invisible Mov stat isn't actively changing. Granted they're still movement based, so I could see Armoured Boots fitting into there (and it might work best there as it would be competition for the super B skills armours have), but I could see it being an A skill either.

7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well that's debatable. The movement skills in B are like teleporting skills. They don't actually increase how far a unit can move, just alter the position they can move to, if that makes any sense. The invisible Mov stat isn't actively changing. Granted they're still movement based, so I could see Armoured Boots fitting into there (and it might work best there as it would be competition for the super B skills armours have), but I could see it being an A skill either.

Debatable, but there's no existing content that can prove that movement can be buffed by A slot. It's mostly combat buffs. I don't say that it's impossible, but that it seems highly unlikely.

1 minute ago, Garlyle said:

Debatable, but there's no existing content that can prove that movement can be buffed by A slot. It's mostly combat buffs. I don't say that it's impossible, but that it seems highly unlikely.

There's plenty of outright stat buffs in the A slot. Both turn buffs like the Brazen Skills and straight up increasing stats like Fury or HP+ etc.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

There's plenty of outright stat buffs in the A slot. Both turn buffs like the Brazen Skills and straight up increasing stats like Fury or HP+ etc.

There are stat boost, but no real movement boosts, and I don't see why IS would choose to make an A slot movement changing skill when it never happened before. Other skills that are not combat buffs or straight stat buffs and counters. The only exception from A that is not influencing is the new Duel skills, I guess it's just a choice for the supportive dancer characters. Straight stat boost on A slot are already a bad life choice.

Now B slot does have the teleport options you mentioned, but the newer ones can influence the movement by 1 extra space if you look at it. Aerobatics, Flier Formation has a conditional teleport, that in best case can move you 3 tiles away from your current position, and since fliers have little obstruction in their movement, it's almost just a +1 in movement buffs. Just like Armored Boots. Wings of Mercy and Escape Route are just too nuts to mention it here.

11 hours ago, Garlyle said:

There are stat boost, but no real movement boosts, and I don't see why IS would choose to make an A slot movement changing skill when it never happened before. Other skills that are not combat buffs or straight stat buffs and counters. The only exception from A that is not influencing is the new Duel skills, I guess it's just a choice for the supportive dancer characters. Straight stat boost on A slot are already a bad life choice.

Now B slot does have the teleport options you mentioned, but the newer ones can influence the movement by 1 extra space if you look at it. Aerobatics, Flier Formation has a conditional teleport, that in best case can move you 3 tiles away from your current position, and since fliers have little obstruction in their movement, it's almost just a +1 in movement buffs. Just like Armored Boots. Wings of Mercy and Escape Route are just too nuts to mention it here.

Even flier formation isn't increasing the move stat, it's working the same way as the warping skills. You can't move three away in the other direction, you can only move adjacent to another ally, like escape route or wings of mercy. And yes, they haven't made any movement boosting A skills, but they haven't made any skills for the seals that are exclusive, that's the point. A skill that just flat out increases movement in any direction is unprecedented as an A, B or C skill (well aside from Armour nmarch which is C because it's ally dependant).

Edited by Jotari

@Jotari @Garlyle

Armored Boots should be a passive A skill.

The most similar existing skills are the Defiant series, which are start-of-turn self-target field buff skills with an HP threshold. Sound familiar?

The B slot is also possible, but doesn't have as strong of an argument. The closest skills in the B slot are Renewal and Wrath. There's also a weaker argument for Armored Boots being the Poison Strike to Armor March's Savage Blow.

Phantom Spd would be in the A slot due to its similarity with other self-stat-boosting skills. It has no business being in the C slot since it only affects the unit and opponent. It also obviously shouldn't be in the B slot because it's pretty much specifically designed to work with Windsweep and Watersweep.

Life & Death so I can make my -Def Delthea have 0 Defense.  Close Counter or Triangle Adept so I can have Witch Nowi use both to bait all greens when I do Nowi Emblem.  Spd Tactic so I don't have to pull for L Lyn. Distant Counter is the ultimate dream, in the Askr bonus arena it would be great if they could bait ranged. 

@Jotari Whoops, only made Armoured Boots a C skill in order for it to fit in with skills such as Armour March and other movement skills like Guidance and such. In hindsight, seeing as Armoured Boots only affects the unit it is equipped to, might fit in better as a B skill (grouped with "movement" skills like WoM and Escape Route).