Is Honed Edge (and its evolved forms) broken?

SMEDIA

The last Pokémon game I played was Pokémon Y on DS. Midway through the game I caught Honed Edge and from there the game stopped being challenging at all. I quite easily beat almost every gym with just that one Pokémon.  It was so easy that I chose to never play Pokémon again since I got no satisfaction from beating the game. 

Im well aware that Game Freak tries to balance the Pokemon to avoid such a thing happening, but I feel the play testers messed up big time on that one.

Thoughts?

Wait, really? I do remember last time I played X/Y I also had a Honedge and its evolutionary line on my team, but never felt it trivialized the game.

Hmm, putting that to the test would be a good reason as any to start fresh again... perhaps...

Honedge is one of the better lines in X/Y, so I'm not so surprised you'd say that. I mean, I didn't solo with it but it's still a good option regardless.

X/Y is mostly an easy title though, so that doesn't help matters.

It's a combination of XY being butt easy, Honedge having amazing capabilities on its own, as well as it being strong against the next 3 Gym leaders after it's introduction (SE on Rock, Immune to Fighting, Resistant to Grass).

In-game its main "flaws" are that it evolves a little late to its second stage at lv 35, but with 80 base attack and 100 base defense it hardly matters that early on, and that Aegislash is locked behind the Dusk Stone, which is really annoying to get, but Doublade is so good anyways it barely matters. Eviolite almost solves its low SpDef and it's speed barely matters when you have effectively 225 base defense to hide behind (Even without Eviolite, 150 is amazing). Not to mention Swords Dance early on through Heart Scale, yeesh.

So yeah, Honedge sort of is a little broken in XY. Probably not if used standardly on a team, but it can probably run through most of the game if used exclusively enough.
But XY's also super diverse with the Pokemon in it, with an absolutely massive amount of viable options to use throughout the entire game. If you don't like the lack of challenge, turning off the EXP share and avoiding Honedge will probably solve that. Megas too since those... kind of destroy everything. XY's not a very balanced Pokemon game, to be frank.