My Hero Academia Mafia - Game Over

SB.

3 hours ago, Alette said:

I see Via as slight town, you as slight town, and then flip floopy (can see both alignments) with Shinori now, and I found claire's slot to be town. I don't really see anyone being really scum enough to vote on now. To explain myself more there, I don't see anyone incriminating enough to vote.

This mirrors my own gamestate view enough to place Alette back up to null.

3 hours ago, Omega. said:

I don't feel like playin or readin this shit tonight. My interview thread is lit AF rn and I'ma be there so come hang out there instead y'all ????

I'll be here tomorrow. For now I'm thinking the Boron slot can go because that post she made reminds me of the post where she outed herself in her first post in EO3 before she started pulling ATE shit to survive. But I'll see what Refa's cookin cuz I've had success reading him lately. Bartozio/Kill probably holds a wolf. Then we probably have some noob wolf or some shit and then another wolf that people are reading V for dumbass reasons as tends to happen early in these games. I'm hoping we can get more from the new people because this is feeling like EO3 so far.

Refa lock W for the questions he's asking me in interview thread btw (cept that shit he said about Kim that was hilarious).

Really hate this line. I can easily see the conflict being town/town. Why do you think it holds scum and who is it?

@Flee Fleet!

Even if you can't find anything scummy, do you have townreads / people who's arguments make sense to you?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

@Athena_57 any read you'd like to talk to me about in particular? How do you feel about the low posters/non posters? Also yeah I feel ya, that omega post felt lackluster in trying to convince people to sheep his read especially.

I think you said you had mixed feelings on Refa as well? Considering Omega's non-bussing playstyle and him voting Boron earlier I''m not sure how to weigh the two. Thoughts?

True non-posters Tuvy/Tuvy2 probably NAI, Corro>Mackc=Rad>null>Fleet for the others I guess? I can buy your Mackc callout but Rad didn't do anything either during the time he was here so...

Hmm, Refa 's opinions felt like they were made in bad faith given the logic he has used so far, wanted to give him a chance to answer my questions before considering a vote on him but you're right that he has the worst vote on Fleet. I'd argue his vote on alette is bad too.

Omega unsure, I think he's fairly open minded to pursue a bus but for now I'd rather just focus on who is scummier of the two. Its also at a point where he doesn't need to particularly commit to a bus either so its wide open imo.

Ya I agree with what you've said. I think I'm biased towards voting Mackc2 because I saw a similar behavior pattern from him when he was scum in TPP, but I've got nothing on RAD and I think you're spot on that Fleet looks more townie compared to the nulls and Mack/RAD/Corro.

How do you feel about Shinori/Weiner?

Shinori true null, productive early on (but easily fakeable), not doing much of anything now (but that's NAI). I don't think he's done anything to warrant suspicion, but nothing he couldn't do as scum either.

Weiner's logic has been good from what I recall, I'm not sure why I'm not townreading him but I'm not really feeling it yet. Slight townlean?

How about you?

Shinori I read him as town lean for those reasons you stated but you're right that the early content is easily fakeable. Kinda want to know where his reads are at.

Weiner I actually think his logic is sound, less posturing, more thought put into guessing intent of others. I'm having a hard time being convinced that Fleet is his strong read atm but he's a townlean for me.

1 hour ago, Athena_57 said:

@Flee Fleet!

Even if you can't find anything scummy, do you have townreads / people who's arguments make sense to you?

Not really,  but I guess I find you, Magnificence and Via to not really be scum from what you three have posted so far.

And Mackc2 doesn't really appear Townie nor scum to me because, well, he's only really made two posts here so far so I can't make a judgement on him.

Votals 1.3
Refa (3): Omega., Athena_57, Tuvy
Flee Feet! (3): weinerboy, Killthestory, Refa
Alette (2): RADicate, fairyjigglypuff
Killthestory (2): Bartozio, Tuvy2
Bartozio (1): Vi-astra
Magnificence Incarnate (1): Shinori
Mackc2 (1): Magnificence Incarnate
Not Voting: Alette, Corrobin, Flee Feet!, Mackc2

Day 1 ends in ~29 hours.  With 17 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 11 to hammer.

Edited by SB.

14 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Let's forget about Shinori's reads for a minute; how did you feel about his posts in the first 3 pages of the game? Anything interesting that you noticed?

I don't see the issue here? My vote came in on page 3 where there was barely any substance in the thread, how much can I explain about my vote on a guy who just made a vote and left without saying anything?  I've never had to explain a lot because I've been met with a blanket statement like "Corrobin's vote is NAI" without anyone giving me a reason to budge from my position. In any case, to elaborate:

There's nothing logically rigorous about this and this is very intuitive, but newb!townies care more about being right and catching scum over how they look. Most people getting into this game consider this more like solving a mystery. A newb!town cares about gaining 'evidence' and so most of their posts are all about doing everything they can to gain evidence and be 'right'. They don't commit to a stance very easily and they ask more questions and are very hesitant to do things. In contrast to this, the newb!mafia wants to appear non-threatening to other people. They make posts that agree with the consensus and try to act like they're friendly and part of the village. Corrobin's vote fits this MO imo, the timing of the vote especially.

Wrt KTS, why do you think that as scum he's incomprehensible? What is it that he's doing here that's incomprehensible? Idr much of scum!KTS so I ask here.

Wrt Alette,is there any specific point that resonates w/ your thoughts? What sold you on fjp's case?

I already mentioned everything I found notable about Shinori's early game posts. Anything I did not mention is not alignment relevant.

You didn't adequately explain why it's more likely to come from scum than town, so of course you're going to get those responses. You're assuming that every single Newb!Town player will act exactly the same, which is like so destined to fall in your face. Corrobin making a vote and then leaving does appear non-threatening at all, how the actual fuck did you get this impression?

Did you read the last game? I already mentioned what specifically bothered me (again, he doesn't have much content, so it's easy to tell) but as scum he postures and you can't get the logic behind his actions. That's how I felt about early!KTS and I didn't get the logic behind any of his actions until recently.

Alette's reactions were self conscious and worried about opinions on her in a way I don't see her reacting as town. Also didn't like her Corrobin vote.

13 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Forgot to mention that KTS not getting as much flak currently is definitely not a good reason to scumread him.

I know this isn't addressed to me since I wasn't around when FF posted, but I want to tackle this. First off FF and Corrobin aren't even a good comparison. Corrobin came in and dropped a vote on a consensus read at a time where people were stating opinions about the read, then left immediately. FF entered the thread hesitant to do anything, and then left. Its unfair to judge the reactions of people to them given that their actions are completely different. Furthermore, what is is that you actually find scummy about FF and what makes you think he's a better vote that Corrobin?

The lynchbait argument isn't very good for this playerlist imo. First off this playerlist isn't your standard SFMafia list so culture clashes are inevitable, so any vote we make can be easily countered with the "they're targeting the lynchbait" which isn't good reasoning IMO. Second this list is high on new/inexperienced players so a lot of them can be construed as lynchbaits, if we start thinking about who's an easy vote and who isn't we're never going to agree on a lynch. This is why I think your issues w/ Bartozio aren't something I agree with; If anything, I'd argue that Alette is just as 'easy' of a vote at this juncture, given that she hasn't really done anything to defend herself and there hasn't been any resistance to scumreads on her.

I'm not scumreading him for that lmao, that's me reading the gamestate and being surprised someone like KTS who is being antagonistic and doesn't have strong pushes so far isn't being pushed at all.

No, it's not unfair and you're being dumb. They both did subpar play (and FF's has more scum benefit, because not voting as a newbie gets you way less flak than voting does), and Corobbin was plastered for it whereas FF got no flak at all. Also read this post, because that's the whole reason I even thought about voting FF.

He's not lynchbait because he's new, he's lynchbait because he voted without any explanation which instantly gets you flak despite not actually having much scum benefit. You made a not great vote, and you're justifying it with "well, any newbie could be lynchbait". Maybe don't vote someone for alignment neutral reasons

Bartozio's Alette case had more to it than his Corrobin case, which is why the vote was less easy (AKA he had more to commit too).

13 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

##Vote: mackc2 

He hasn't posted much but I didn't like the posts he has. He feels very avoidant and I sense a lack of interest in solving. Nothing big here but I feel like he would've come up with something interesting to say/press by now since we're 24 hours into the game.

I have no read on Mackc2, but wasn't he supposed to be busy for the first 24 hours?

5 hours ago, weinerboy said:

@Flee Fleet! I understand your knowledge of the game is very little, but if you had to choose someone to be wrong about in terms of a townread who would it be and why?

Well...if I have to be honest, even after hours I still don't really find anyone to be wrong in terms of townreading.

I guess I'm not looking into things hard enough, but I will say for now that I don't think Via, Refa, Athena, and maaaybe Magnificence to not be scum. Mackc2 also doesn't seem to be scum but like I said before, he's only made 2 posts so I can't make a judgement on him right now.

3 minutes ago, Refa said:

No, it's not unfair and you're being dumb. They both did subpar play (and FF's has more scum benefit, because not voting as a newbie gets you way less flak than voting does), and Corobbin was plastered for it whereas FF got no flak at all. Also read this post, because that's the whole reason I even thought about voting FF.

I guess that's understandable. It does seem more logical for a newbie to not go off voting (either for reasons like mine or other reasons) than to vote someone right off the bat to not look suspicious or hasty.

I also haven't really found anyone super suspiciously scum (except for Corrobin initially but he's only posted three times here so I can't really assume his role) to vote anyways so there's that too.

9 minutes ago, Refa said:

I have no read on Mackc2, but wasn't he supposed to be busy for the first 24 hours?

Yeah I do remember him saying he was busy. Hopefully he'll be online soon enough.

1 hour ago, Tuvy said:

##Vote Refa

Too confident.

That seems like a really dumb reason imo.

2 hours ago, Tuvy2 said:

##vote KillTheStory

Why?

12 hours ago, Shinori said:

I don't think alette is scum and don't really like the cases on her at the moment.

Explain yourself.

12 hours ago, Alette said:

I don't have much detail to go on though. I've said what I had on my mind at him. There isn't much else? He thinks i'm too agreeable and controlling, when it's just how i play. If he gets on and has more questions then I would respond then.

Okay, well I'll explain where I'm coming from. Why were you worried about other peoples' opinion on you so much early on? I can get not having any strong scumreads, so not really bothered by that, but it feels like you're not even questioning people to me. Nothing about the game stands out to you?

It just feels like you're being very closed off from the rest of the game, which is what bothers me about you.

9 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

Agree completely with Marth on this in that Fleet / Corrobin isn't a fair comparison. Fleet, in my eyes, completely fitted how I feel a new player would act. He was a lot more careful with his vote, looked like genuine fear to vote wrong to me, as opposed to a more likely "I agree with these people"-vote I expect newb!scum to make.

Minor side note is that we'd already had the "new-player"-talk at that point, so idt anyone was really interested in going over that again. 

Of the three people voting there, I feel you are the worst, the other two, mostly weiner, feel like pressure votes whereas your feels really opportunistic.

##Vote: Refa

Your logic sucks. Firstly, you're just wrong about the first one. While Newb!Town can definitely be lost, Newb!Scum generally overplays that and uses it as a crutch to avoid giving out content or opinions. Why do you think Newb!Scum is likely to do the second? They're characterized by fear of being caught, not brazenness. I don't remember if you were here for it, but this reminds me more of your brother in IDNSFMM5 over Michelaar in FE Heroes.

I'm glad Tuvy voted me because it proves that your case on me is fundamentally flawed. Either I'm scum, and randomly voting someone isn't guaranteed Newb!Scum, or I'm town and you're voting town.

I always vote who I want to lynch most. Explain why that's opportunistic

9 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Thing is though that Corro's first post was voting Shinori without giving a proper reason. My first post (well technically second) was how I felt we shouldn't vote day one. Like others have said, its not really a fair comparison.

---------

So I haven't really found anyone to be scummy or anything. Like I said before in this post, my opinions on everyone so far have been neutral. I kind of suspect Corro but all he did was do a vote and then leave, which I don't think is enough to vote him for now.

I already explained the Corrobin thing to Marth, and the bottom statement is boring me. I don't know how to convey my thoughts in words, but it feels like you're deliberately avoiding giving any but the safest opinions which reads as scum to me.

Forgot to mention that Corro later unvoted, so that's another reason why I'm not voting him for now.

Although he hasn't explained what he misread earlier nor why he initially voted Shinori, so hopefully he'll explain once he's online.

When did this happen? I don't remember this. I'll be so mad if Marthlette were right about Corrobin and I didn't catch it because I missed out on a few posts.

Also why does unvoting after he got flak for his initial vote seem better for you?

21 minutes ago, Refa said:

I already mentioned everything I found notable about Shinori's early game posts. Anything I did not mention is not alignment relevant.

You didn't adequately explain why it's more likely to come from scum than town, so of course you're going to get those responses. You're assuming that every single Newb!Town player will act exactly the same, which is like so destined to fall in your face. Corrobin making a vote and then leaving does appear non-threatening at all, how the actual fuck did you get this impression?

Did you read the last game? I already mentioned what specifically bothered me (again, he doesn't have much content, so it's easy to tell) but as scum he postures and you can't get the logic behind his actions. That's how I felt about early!KTS and I didn't get the logic behind any of his actions until recently.

Alette's reactions were self conscious and worried about opinions on her in a way I don't see her reacting as town. Also didn't like her Corrobin vote.

I'm not scumreading him for that lmao, that's me reading the gamestate and being surprised someone like KTS who is being antagonistic and doesn't have strong pushes so far isn't being pushed at all.

He's not lynchbait because he's new, he's lynchbait because he voted without any explanation which instantly gets you flak despite not actually having much scum benefit. You made a not great vote, and you're justifying it with "well, any newbie could be lynchbait". Maybe don't vote someone for alignment neutral reasons

Bartozio's Alette case had more to it than his Corrobin case, which is why the vote was less easy (AKA he had more to commit too).

Refa, I haven't voted? What way was I self concious when the only self concious part I talked about was in response to Fjp?

Too tired to respond fully to that but I'm not sure where you're going with your argument, but you attacked the people who voted Corrobin and then brought up FF not being attacked at all, what am I supposed to gather from this? The people who said nothing about FF aren't hypocritical if the two players are making different actions, but also who are these people who gave corrobin a hard time but didn't give flee fleet a hard time? Bartozio?Because he's the only one who did that. It feels more like you didn't like the Corrobin votes rather than wanting to vote Flee Fleet here.

My issue with your read on me is that you're giving me flak for making a vote on page three using intuition when I've got nothing else to go off of at that point in time. Yeah I made a generalization but its worth pushing based off of an intuitive pattern I've observed in mafia games than do nothing?

2 minutes ago, Alette said:

I'm done talking about me and I don't like how the Tuvy's necessarily came in with a vote only. 

To talk more about it, they haven't said much except for those votes. I don't really like how the fleet wagon showed up. They seem town to  me and just what they've posted show us that they want to solve.

ok long post incoming. sad tho that nobody got the nicki minaj reference

if someone could explain what ppl mean when they say "v" i'd appreciate it btw. i'm assuming it means something like towny, from context.

gonna respond to stuff now.

On 9/19/2018 at 8:20 AM, Alette said:

For your first quote, I doubt Shinori would just believe a no answer given what I saw in my first game with him. Is that excessive? Maybe it is, but Shinori is a person that I see as clever. I will respond to your other quotes when I am more awake.

but was there anything else there that you could've said other than "will you believe me when i say i'm not scum? idk" it's like you're asking ppl to be sus of you

On 9/19/2018 at 8:33 AM, Alette said:

Are you serious? It's a 72 hr day first of all and I don't think I'm really sitting around. Right now I'm weary of shinori, and think kill slot is town. I don't understand why sunwoo won't read the first three pages. Almost everyone who posted is kind of NAI. I think Mack is vibing town too.

i mean i'm p sure what you've done for the last 24 hours is the equivalent of "sitting around"

not that i can say much myself, since i haven't been able to post at all since yesterday

23 hours ago, weinerboy said:

For me, I've never seen Marth play earlygame and usually I catch him stuck in catch-up mode or frozen. Liked his enthusiasm to have open discussion even if the questions themselves weren't the most potent

Your points about Alette are noted, some of them I've even considered myself. I agree with you on the basis of your read but see it a bit differently. It's not about the act of questioning that tips me off, this is something that can be made as both alignments. I think you make decent points about it but I also feel like you're putting down a lot of stipulation that supposedly Alette hasn't made, but if you isolate Alette and make your comparisons with even someone like myself or YOLOSWAG, you'd see you could say the same things about us. This is not a defense, rather I want to know what makes us or other players different in behavior.

so here are some quotes from you/marth from that time that, in my mind, differentiate your actions from alette's

On 9/18/2018 at 7:24 PM, weinerboy said:

If I were a newbie in this position and everyone keyed in on my vote without explaining it, I would feel threatened

I don't understand the assumption made by Marth but I like the intention of it, and honestly this is the first time I've seen Marth process a vote without a ton of posturing, got good feelings he's rolled town this game.

you're actually voicing a strong opinion without posturing, and aren't hesitant to take sides

On 9/18/2018 at 6:52 PM, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Shinori feels v for having the balls to say a lot without any provocation whatsoever. 

##Vote:Corrobin

that's the kinda vote I'd expect a new wolf to make

marthy's initial reaction to the corrobin mess was to lynch, much like via's - i find this natural and believable

23 hours ago, weinerboy said:

Like, if I'm thinking about it you also accused Marth there which has essentially only made questions, and I just don't really understand that angle. Why is it inherently scummy and not just something that can be NAI?

my SR on marthy is light, and it's solely based on that weird post about league that came out of nowhere towards someone I also scumread. tbh it's mostly gone now having seen their subsequent posts

23 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I'm feeling a v on Athena.I don't think scum!Athena opens with a vote on a guy who hasn't posted, when he can open with a vote on some people in the spotlight to gather more thread presence and +ev.

@fairyjigglypuff My post @ alette was to start some real-time interaction since I hear she plays at a place where mafia is played more real-timeish than post by post. I think your case on alette is logically sound, however I'm not feeling it because I've seen her play like this as town in a previous game and she feels like a very... tonal/intuitive player? Over a logical one, fi you get my feel.

i get it; it just looked so fabricated and unnecessary. 

i understand that alette might be like a tonal/intuitive player (i'd say i fall in this category as well), but that's not what bothers me.

23 hours ago, Bartozio said:

....Okay what? So your response to me asking you to clarify your reads is voting me? Are you for real here? Can you explain how my post is scummy in any way?

This is a sad way to push random lynches, even for Kill.

##Vote: KTS

i'd just like to point out that your original post was pretty garb and kts had every reason to lynch you for it. i think the conversation has passed already so i don't think an explanation for why is necessary, but if you want one i'm more than happy to give it to you (tbh kts should've done this themselves). that being said, your defense afterwards was good, as others have said already, so you're all g in my eyes

22 hours ago, Alette said:

I'm not a fan of just voting someone with decent reasons on what they said. I asked him those questions to see his thought process to see if it's townie or wolfy.

i really just didn't understand what you meant by this post. if you could clarify, i'd appreciate it.

21 hours ago, Alette said:

Marth is right that I play on sites where real time posting is more of a thing. It's why I have trouble in the first 24 hrs of a 72 hr game.

i really don't see any improvement in play, and hours 24-48 are almost over. if anything, your content has just dissipated, like you're just trying to play it cool and not attract attention, instead of actually trying to (as you like to say) participate in the solving process. what happened to that?

To be honest, i'm not seeing much to scum read people on. It feels like not many people are really here pushing people other than me. Like I get that to people that don't know me, i'm scummy and odd. I'm gonna give this one reread and try to see if anything has changed.

what

i dont know where to start here like

if you're going to say stuff like 'i'm not seeing much to SR ppl on' can you at least react to what's been going on or voice your opinion on specifically why other people's accusations are, in your opinion, unwarranted? i'm thinking of stuff against corrobin, refa, fleefleet, kts, bartozio, etc. fyi i've basically quoted all of your posts here since i last read (over 24 yours ago)

i also hope you aren't serious when you say "not many people are really here pushing people other than me" - do the pushes on the above not count for you? or were you just not paying attention?

I see Via as slight town, you as slight town, and then flip floopy (can see both alignments) with Shinori now, and I found claire's slot to be town. I don't really see anyone being really scum enough to vote on now. To explain myself more there, I don't see anyone incriminating enough to vote.

this is just my personal opinion, but there's no real point in conserving your vote - it's not like it's permanent. i see the vote as a way to voice your tentative opinion, and your hesitance to do so makes it seem like you don't want your opinion out there - i find that scummy. and if you genuinely haven't found anyone incriminating enough to vote, i also find that scummy - that just means you aren't reading into these posts yourself to actively search for scum, and are just resigning yourself to reacting to things being sent your way. i honestly just find it very hypocritical that you talked about the solving process and whatnot, and have exhibited no attempts to scumhunt yourself. obviously, you aren't alone in that - a lot of the newbies are basically doing the same thing, and quite a few others simply aren't participating at all - but you aren't really giving me any reasons to unlynch you.

one thing that i will give you is that you've been consistent in your tone and your wishy-washy attitude. doesn't mean i like it at all, but it at least gives credence to people like marth defending you via playermeta in past games.

as for unanswered questions from my past post, i'll bring them up here for your convenience:

why didn't you lynch corrobin when you questioned their behavior? was that not scummy enough for a vote, even now, when they haven't reacted or done much to defend themselves and have basically just retreated into a hole? (ok tbh i have no reason why you guys have let corrobin go - they've failed to explain themselves to any capacity and have basically just peaced out like???)what say you about my accusation that your quote "not all newb town act that way. some are really invested in the solving process" was a roundabout way of keeping corrobin on everyone's scumlist?

the other points i'm okay with dropping, since i think it'll just be the two of us reiterating our points back to each other.

i'm sure i've missed a lot; i'll reread when i have more time and see if i have any more accusation points that haven't been brought up yet. ask me any questions you guys have, and i'll respond when i can (usually once a day, unfortunately)

11 minutes ago, Refa said:

I don't know how to convey my thoughts in words, but it feels like you're deliberately avoiding giving any but the safest opinions which reads as scum to me.

Yeah, I can understand that point. I guess its a general tactic for many scum to give the safest points. Or at least that's how it is most of the time in Town of Salem, haha. 

But I honestly have mostly neutral opinions of everyone. I guess that'll change once the game gets going with all the kills that will come.

When did this happen? I don't remember this. I'll be so mad if Marthlette were right about Corrobin and I didn't catch it because I missed out on a few posts.

I think he unvoted in his third post and gave his reasons (which were really minimally). It's probably on page 4, iirc.

Also why does unvoting after he got flak for his initial vote seem better for you?

The fact that he said he misread something and hence voted makes me think it was just a mistake on his part (he could be bluffing too I guess but not sure), so I'm just kind of waiting for an explanation for his action once he comes online, and hence I'm not voting him for now.