My Hero Academia Mafia - Game Over

SB.

9 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Hmm, Refa 's opinions felt like they were made in bad faith given the logic he has used so far, wanted to give him a chance to answer my questions before considering a vote on him but you're right that he has the worst vote on Fleet. I'd argue his vote on alette is bad too.

The fuck at this whole thing.

15 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I guess I'm not looking into things hard enough, but I will say for now that I don't think Via, Refa, Athena, and maaaybe Magnificence to not be scum. Mackc2 also doesn't seem to be scum but like I said before, he's only made 2 posts so I can't make a judgement on him right now.

I guess that's understandable. It does seem more logical for a newbie to not go off voting (either for reasons like mine or other reasons) than to vote someone right off the bat to not look suspicious or hasty.

Wait, why are you townreading me ugh this sucks. 

Look man, if you're town, please give me something to work with here. FMPOV, you're making posts consistently enough to have a presence but not really influencing the game in any significant manner which bothers me. I don't know how else I can improve my read on you.

6 minutes ago, Alette said:

Refa, I haven't voted? What way was I self concious when the only self concious part I talked about was in response to Fjp?

Sorry, I thought you did and fucked up. "Nope, but would you believe me? I'm not sure on that."  This read as self conscious to me as well.

5 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Too tired to respond fully to that but I'm not sure where you're going with your argument, but you attacked the people who voted Corrobin and then brought up FF not being attacked at all, what am I supposed to gather from this? The people who said nothing about FF aren't hypocritical if the two players are making different actions, but also who are these people who gave corrobin a hard time but didn't give flee fleet a hard time? Bartozio?Because he's the only one who did that. It feels more like you didn't like the Corrobin votes rather than wanting to vote Flee Fleet here.

My issue with your read on me is that you're giving me flak for making a vote on page three using intuition when I've got nothing else to go off of at that point in time. Yeah I made a generalization but its worth pushing based off of an intuitive pattern I've observed in mafia games than do nothing?

Okay, I think you're misunderstanding me here. I don't care that the people who have issues with Corrobin said nothing about FF. I don't care about anyone saying nothing about FF, because I sure didn't on my first read of the game. I'm just justifying why I think that FF makes sense as scum whereas Corrobin doesn't to me. After FF's first posts, like four people where like "okay FF, this is how to play mafia optimally" is what I was referring too here. I didn't check if they were the same people giving Corrobin flak because that wasn't the point.

My issue with you was that you voted someone for something that was alignment neutral and it read as opportunistic to me. You've explained yourself in your recent posts and I don't know if I'm conveying it properly in my thoughts but I haven't been bothered by you since your first response to me wherein you clarified that (I think your logic is wrong but that you having an explanation for it means that you're town).

4 minutes ago, Alette said:

To talk more about it, they haven't said much except for those votes. I don't really like how the fleet wagon showed up. They seem town to  me and just what they've posted show us that they want to solve.

What gave you this impression about Fleet?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, fairyjigglypuff said:

why didn't you lynch corrobin when you questioned their behavior? was that not scummy enough for a vote, even now, when they haven't reacted or done much to defend themselves and have basically just retreated into a hole? (ok tbh i have no reason why you guys have let corrobin go - they've failed to explain themselves to any capacity and have basically just peaced out like???)

To be fair they might be busy with IRL, like how Mackc2 is/was. I'm just going to wait for his explanation (given that he hopefully arrives before the time limit ends)

8 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

The fact that he said he misread something and hence voted makes me think it was just a mistake on his part (he could be bluffing too I guess but not sure), so I'm just kind of waiting for an explanation for his action once he comes online, and hence I'm not voting him for now.

I think it's actually pretty bad how he claims he misread but didn't actually state what that was...

4 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

To be fair they might be busy with IRL, like how Mackc2 is/was. I'm just going to wait for his explanation (given that he hopefully arrives before the time limit ends)

ok my last two posts were literally incoherent so i'm going to rephrase it in a more collected manner; i was just that flabbergasted

but isnt this literally a slip/chainsaw defense if i've ever seen one? i don't understand why that point was the one point that flee fleet had to respond in my v e r y long post.

i'd like comments on this from everyone please and thank you

7 minutes ago, Refa said:

A-ah, sorry!

7 minutes ago, Refa said:

Look man, if you're town, please give me something to work with here. FMPOV, you're making posts consistently enough to have a presence but not really influencing the game in any significant manner which bothers me. I don't know how else I can improve my read on you.

I'll agree that I'm not really making any significant influence, but I don't really know how to either... I'm kind of just trying to lay low for the first few days. 

Sorry that this does make it harder for you to read me. I guess all I have to say is that none of us should be suspecting Corrobin for now until he gives us a clarification for his reasons for voting Shinori.

Though I guess I'll probably vote him even if he hasn't given an explanation when there's like, 3 or 4 hours left before day 1 ends, since I don't find anyone else super suspicious.

3 minutes ago, Refa said:

I think it's actually pretty bad how he claims he misread but didn't actually state what that was...

Yeah I guess it is pretty suspicious. Its totally possible he came up with a quick short reason to justify why he voted Shino and then unvoted so he wouldn't appear scum. But, as said before, I'll wait until he gives a reply.

4 minutes ago, fairyjigglypuff said:

but isnt this literally a slip/chainsaw defense if i've ever seen one? i don't understand why that point was the one point that flee fleet had to respond in my v e r y long post.

I responded specifically to that point mainly because the rest wasn't really directed at me and I talked about Corro before.

And all I'm saying is that we should wait for Corro to respond before we vote him or something. Same with Mackc2 (if anyone decides to vote them for whatever reason) since they haven't post much on here either.

11 minutes ago, fairyjigglypuff said:

a) this isnt where you respond

b) they could've lynched corrobin in the same post where they asked the questions, or immediately after

c) this defense is weird as fuck

@Flee Fleet! i realize that i come off as really rude here so i wanna clarify that this wasnt my intention. i'd request a post delete from @SB. but yea

all i meant was that i was asking alette the earlier question, not you, and that your defense of alette is incredibly out of place when you haven't really defended other players in this way

1 minute ago, fairyjigglypuff said:

i'd like comments on this from everyone please and thank you

FF is probably responding to the "I have no idea why you guys let Corrobin go???" part.

To be honest, FF's last few posts have been killing it tonally for me*, so I feel pretty shitty about where my vote is at in relation to missing stuff from Corrobin. I still want Marthena to explain why my vote was opportunistic and what issues they had with it (because I still see it as being fine, last few posts notwithstanding), but uh

##Unvote

I don't know, I'm a bit out of it and also I don't know about my remaining scumreads. KTS should post more (I don't even care about his alignment, I just want to see more KTS posts), and I'm awaiting responses from Alette and Bartozio before I can feel comfortable voting them. Tempted to vote Corrobin just to fuck w/Marth's read on me LMAO.

*I don't know how else to explain this before anyone asks. It just doesn't seem like scum under fire to me.

1 minute ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Sorry that this does make it harder for you to read me. I guess all I have to say is that none of us should be suspecting Corrobin for now until he gives us a clarification for his reasons for voting Shinori.

Though I guess I'll probably vote him even if he hasn't given an explanation when there's like, 3 or 4 hours left before day 1 ends, since I don't find anyone else super suspicious.

Yeah I guess it is pretty suspicious. Its totally possible he came up with a quick short reason to justify why he voted Shino and then unvoted so he wouldn't appear scum. But, as said before, I'll wait until he gives a reply.

Friendly advice: Even if you can't get a full read off of it, just quote anything that you're not sure is honest and explain why that is. Even if it doesn't lead to a scumread, it shows your thought process which will make you easier to read on future days.

Fair enough. It's suspicious because he only unvoted after he got a lot of flak for his initial vote, but didn't provide the reasoning at all. 

Also yeah, I get it FJP. I was on board w/you at first until I reread what FF was quoting.

16 minutes ago, fairyjigglypuff said:

ok long post incoming. sad tho that nobody got the nicki minaj reference

if someone could explain what ppl mean when they say "v" i'd appreciate it btw. i'm assuming it means something like towny, from context.

gonna respond to stuff now.

but was there anything else there that you could've said other than "will you believe me when i say i'm not scum? idk" it's like you're asking ppl to be sus of you

i mean i'm p sure what you've done for the last 24 hours is the equivalent of "sitting around"

not that i can say much myself, since i haven't been able to post at all since yesterday

so here are some quotes from you/marth from that time that, in my mind, differentiate your actions from alette's

you're actually voicing a strong opinion without posturing, and aren't hesitant to take sides

marthy's initial reaction to the corrobin mess was to lynch, much like via's - i find this natural and believable

my SR on marthy is light, and it's solely based on that weird post about league that came out of nowhere towards someone I also scumread. tbh it's mostly gone now having seen their subsequent posts

i get it; it just looked so fabricated and unnecessary. 

i understand that alette might be like a tonal/intuitive player (i'd say i fall in this category as well), but that's not what bothers me.

i'd just like to point out that your original post was pretty garb and kts had every reason to lynch you for it. i think the conversation has passed already so i don't think an explanation for why is necessary, but if you want one i'm more than happy to give it to you (tbh kts should've done this themselves). that being said, your defense afterwards was good, as others have said already, so you're all g in my eyes

i really just didn't understand what you meant by this post. if you could clarify, i'd appreciate it.

i really don't see any improvement in play, and hours 24-48 are almost over. if anything, your content has just dissipated, like you're just trying to play it cool and not attract attention, instead of actually trying to (as you like to say) participate in the solving process. what happened to that?

what

i dont know where to start here like

if you're going to say stuff like 'i'm not seeing much to SR ppl on' can you at least react to what's been going on or voice your opinion on specifically why other people's accusations are, in your opinion, unwarranted? i'm thinking of stuff against corrobin, refa, fleefleet, kts, bartozio, etc. fyi i've basically quoted all of your posts here since i last read (over 24 yours ago)

i also hope you aren't serious when you say "not many people are really here pushing people other than me" - do the pushes on the above not count for you? or were you just not paying attention?

this is just my personal opinion, but there's no real point in conserving your vote - it's not like it's permanent. i see the vote as a way to voice your tentative opinion, and your hesitance to do so makes it seem like you don't want your opinion out there - i find that scummy. and if you genuinely haven't found anyone incriminating enough to vote, i also find that scummy - that just means you aren't reading into these posts yourself to actively search for scum, and are just resigning yourself to reacting to things being sent your way. i honestly just find it very hypocritical that you talked about the solving process and whatnot, and have exhibited no attempts to scumhunt yourself. obviously, you aren't alone in that - a lot of the newbies are basically doing the same thing, and quite a few others simply aren't participating at all - but you aren't really giving me any reasons to unlynch you.

one thing that i will give you is that you've been consistent in your tone and your wishy-washy attitude. doesn't mean i like it at all, but it at least gives credence to people like marth defending you via playermeta in past games.

as for unanswered questions from my past post, i'll bring them up here for your convenience:

why didn't you lynch corrobin when you questioned their behavior? was that not scummy enough for a vote, even now, when they haven't reacted or done much to defend themselves and have basically just retreated into a hole? (ok tbh i have no reason why you guys have let corrobin go - they've failed to explain themselves to any capacity and have basically just peaced out like???)what say you about my accusation that your quote "not all newb town act that way. some are really invested in the solving process" was a roundabout way of keeping corrobin on everyone's scumlist?

the other points i'm okay with dropping, since i think it'll just be the two of us reiterating our points back to each other.

i'm sure i've missed a lot; i'll reread when i have more time and see if i have any more accusation points that haven't been brought up yet. ask me any questions you guys have, and i'll respond when i can (usually once a day, unfortunately)

Are you fucking kidding me, i haven't sat around and done nothing. I've been responding and posting while you aren't here. I'm not instantly voting corrobin because what he said didn't really ping me as scum and i do want to know why he did such a thing. If you call sitting around, attending to my classes and not actively posting then sure. I don't like talking about outside of game stuff while playing mafia. Don't expect me to be around much till the evening. I'm done talking with you because players like you frustrate me to know end. I disagree with you about voting because I don't think voting for the sake of voting accomplishes much. Voting is meant to show you think that person is scum with reason and if you don't have reasons then it just nothing.

@Alette Sorry if I'm frustrating here but can you walk me through your thought process regarding what's going on? I know you mentioned that you don't have any defined scumreads. so just tell me about your null reads and why you're mixed on them. I sware I won't be like "Alette is waffling here must be scum!!".

30 minutes ago, Refa said:

The fuck at this whole thing.

Sorry, I thought you did and fucked up. "Nope, but would you believe me? I'm not sure on that."  This read as self conscious to me as well.

Okay, I think you're misunderstanding me here. I don't care that the people who have issues with Corrobin said nothing about FF. I don't care about anyone saying nothing about FF, because I sure didn't on my first read of the game. I'm just justifying why I think that FF makes sense as scum whereas Corrobin doesn't to me. After FF's first posts, like four people where like "okay FF, this is how to play mafia optimally" is what I was referring too here. I didn't check if they were the same people giving Corrobin flak because that wasn't the point.

My issue with you was that you voted someone for something that was alignment neutral and it read as opportunistic to me. You've explained yourself in your recent posts and I don't know if I'm conveying it properly in my thoughts but I haven't been bothered by you since your first response to me wherein you clarified that (I think your logic is wrong but that you having an explanation for it means that you're town).

What gave you this impression about Fleet?

It was mainly the responses to you and what i read waking up. 

3 minutes ago, Refa said:

@Alette Sorry if I'm frustrating here but can you walk me through your thought process regarding what's going on? I know you mentioned that you don't have any defined scumreads. so just tell me about your null reads and why you're mixed on them. I sware I won't be like "Alette is waffling here must be scum!!".

I will later on just ping me after four pm. I have class to attend soon.

Like I'll be honest here, Alette. When you asked me to check back for where you were self conscious, I was like "fuck, I thought there was way more than this" so my case on you was definitely kinda bullshit but I wanted more out of you before admitting that. At the moment, I just want to get an idea of where your head is at so I can update my read there.

1 minute ago, Alette said:

I will later on just ping me after four pm. I have class to attend soon.

Will do, boss!

1 hour ago, fairyjigglypuff said:

@Flee Fleet! i realize that i come off as really rude here so i wanna clarify that this wasnt my intention. i'd request a post delete from @SB. but yea

Ah, that's okay! No hard feelings.

1 hour ago, Refa said:

Friendly advice: Even if you can't get a full read off of it, just quote anything that you're not sure is honest and explain why that is. Even if it doesn't lead to a scumread, it shows your thought process which will make you easier to read on future days.

Ah, I understand then. Thanks for the advice. Currently its late where I live, so I'll try to see if I can find and quote anything that I find suspicious tomorrow, hopefully before the timer runs out.

1 hour ago, Refa said:

Fair enough. It's suspicious because he only unvoted after he got a lot of flak for his initial vote, but didn't provide the reasoning at all. 

Actually I just now read Corrobin's second post in this thread (can be found in page 2) where his reason for voting Shinori was that they were "Wisdom of the crowds, mostly" (which I dunno what that means)

Then he later retracted his vote due to "misreading" which he never fully explained. 

I still find him suspicious of course, since its likely he unvoted due to all the flak he got, but just wanted to notify you all that he did provide a reason for why he voted.

1 hour ago, Refa said:

Your logic sucks. Firstly, you're just wrong about the first one. While Newb!Town can definitely be lost, Newb!Scum generally overplays that and uses it as a crutch to avoid giving out content or opinions. Why do you think Newb!Scum is likely to do the second? They're characterized by fear of being caught, not brazenness. I don't remember if you were here for it, but this reminds me more of your brother in IDNSFMM5 over Michelaar in FE Heroes.

I'm glad Tuvy voted me because it proves that your case on me is fundamentally flawed. Either I'm scum, and randomly voting someone isn't guaranteed Newb!Scum, or I'm town and you're voting town.

I always vote who I want to lynch most. Explain why that's opportunistic

Wow, rude! Maybe you're right, I'll check out Michelaar, but to me Fleet reminds me more of my brother back then. IIRC he had this super awkward entrance of "Can you unvote me" and "I don't think anyone is really scummy", which resembles Fleet more than Corrobin. From my experience with casual IRL mafia things (which is imo a good comparison to how most newer players view the game, just like any higher paced mafia), beginning scum members tend to go for sheepy pile-ons, which fits Corrobin more.

Dunno what you mean with the second line, but re:guaranteed I'm mostly talking about what I expect most people will do, not implying all behave the same.

Your vote felt opportunistic because you had just listed 4 other people as suspects, weiner and kts vote Fleet and you change over there as well. I was surprised you went with weiner's case (which wasn't that fantastic imo) over all the things you had just mentioned. Usually I'd assume you'd ditched your scumread for a moment to add pressure on someone, but I didn't get that vibe from you at all. Overall felt scum!you going for an opportunistic wagon was likelier than town!you having a sudden change of heart.

Idk how I feel about you atm, I sorta liked how you handled your Fleet read. :thinking:

##Unvote

1 hour ago, Flee Fleet! said:

And all I'm saying is that we should wait for Corro to respond before we vote him or something. Same with Mackc2 (if anyone decides to vote them for whatever reason) since they haven't post much on here either.

##Vote: Corrobin

hehe

Fleet, can you talk to me about why you're townreading Refa?

Just now, Athena_57 said:

Fleet, can you talk to me about why you're townreading Refa?

Well, they just don't seem scum to me...that's pretty much the reason, as well as for most of the other people I've townread.

Whatever they've said so far just doesn't seem like scum to me.

13 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Wow, rude! Maybe you're right, I'll check out Michelaar, but to me Fleet reminds me more of my brother back then. IIRC he had this super awkward entrance of "Can you unvote me" and "I don't think anyone is really scummy", which resembles Fleet more than Corrobin

Haha, I guess that's sort of nice to know.

3 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I'm home for like 2 hours then im back to work until like 10 CST tonight.  Not sure if i have energy to post content right now but I don't remember if phase end is relatively soon or not.

We've still got 27 hours

11 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Well, they just don't seem scum to me...that's pretty much the reason, as well as for most of the other people I've townread.

Whatever they've said so far just doesn't seem like scum to me.

Can you try to put into words why you feel so? Is it for example the tone / logic /effort or something else entirely

2 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Can you try to put into words why you feel so? Is it for example the tone / logic /effort or something else entirely

I guess its the tone. I just don't feel like they're scum.

I'm sorry that its hard to explain, English isn't my first language so that can sometimes cause a problem, haha.