My Hero Academia Mafia - Game Over

SB.

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

....Okay what? So your response to me asking you to clarify your reads is voting me? Are you for real here? Can you explain how my post is scummy in any way?

This is a sad way to push random lynches, even for Kill.

##Vote: KTS

this is an omgus lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Voting on day one is uh

well it doesn't sound all that pleasing.

so you'd rather have a no lynch on d1 and informationless on d2

still at work give me like 5 hours 

##vote: bartozio I know he gets mislynched a lot but that vote was overblown lol

2 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I'm feeling a v on Athena.I don't think scum!Athena opens with a vote on a guy who hasn't posted, when he can open with a vote on some people in the spotlight to gather more thread presence and +ev.

@fairyjigglypuff My post @ alette was to start some real-time interaction since I hear she plays at a place where mafia is played more real-timeish than post by post. I think your case on alette is logically sound, however I'm not feeling it because I've seen her play like this as town in a previous game and she feels like a very... tonal/intuitive player? Over a logical one, fi you get my feel.

Marth is right that I play on sites where real time posting is more of a thing. It's why I have trouble in the first 24 hrs of a 72 hr game.

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

You're saying that after last game you really don't see KTS hard BS'ing his way through stuff?

If his post was bait, how does the response make sense to you? How does someone asking him for reasons equate to a scumread? Please explain, because I'm really not following you here...

Of course I can see him BS'ing his way through stuff and I completely agree that you should ask him for his reasons, I just don't think you can call him scum for not giving them. You're calling him defensive when that's exactly how I felt about your response.

His response, I assume, was meant as a reply to your post in general, not just your question at him. I think (idk, ask him again), his reasons were similar to what I posted about it.

In any case, I've spent enough time defending a nullread. My point is, your reaction to him was completely overblown. If you're town, just try to take a step back here, because you don't seem rational at all atm. 

34 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I mean, I'm new to this so I dunno how useful lynching is on day 1. 

Often you end up lynching town, but at the very least you get rid of someone who was most likely going to get lynched at some point anyway. Plus, you can look at who pushed for the lynch, how likely it is they actually believed they were pushing scum, etc and get info from it.

And sometimes you actually get scum, which yields a ton of info, plus a dead scum.

If you don't lynch day 1, you're stuck in the same position day 2 without any additional info, except a townie died at night.

In any case, how's the catchup coming along?

2 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Often you end up lynching town, but at the very least you get rid of someone who was most likely going to get lynched at some point anyway. Plus, you can look at who pushed for the lynch, how likely it is they actually believed they were pushing scum, etc and get info from it.

And sometimes you actually get scum, which yields a ton of info, plus a dead scum.

If you don't lynch day 1, you're stuck in the same position day 2 without any additional info, except a townie died at night.

Ah, I see.

Well, I guess I'll see how the discussion turns out for now and then decide my vote.

3 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

In any case, how's the catchup coming along?

Pretty much done, although I was kind of occupied with other work so I may do some re-reading (mainly pages 5 and 6, I guess.)

8 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Of course I can see him BS'ing his way through stuff and I completely agree that you should ask him for his reasons, I just don't think you can call him scum for not giving them. You're calling him defensive when that's exactly how I felt about your response.

His response, I assume, was meant as a reply to your post in general, not just your question at him. I think (idk, ask him again), his reasons were similar to what I posted about it.

In any case, I've spent enough time defending a nullread. My point is, your reaction to him was completely overblown. If you're town, just try to take a step back here, because you don't seem rational at all atm. 

I guess I can see your reasoning make sense as well for him, might have been a bit too sceptical after last game... getting lynched over a universal scumread does things with you man. It still sucks we have to guess for the reasons of his play though.

@Killthestory Can you maybe explain your scumread on Boron now? Regardless of my allignment, it shouldn't be a bad thing to explain your read to town, right?

@Flee Fleet!Just for clarity don't be afraid to vote people or move your vote around as need be.  There is no issue with that and it allows people to see your thought process a bit more on where your priorities lie.  IT's one of the ways to catch scum.  If we chose to not lynch we would gain no new information outside of whoever the scum team kills(which would most likely be a player who's acting very townie) which generally doesn't gain us much.

If we lynch someone who's acting suspiciously or scummy and they were to flip town potentially we could look at the people who voted them and break down which votes are more likely to be scum.

@AletteWhy do you have your eye on me?  I honestly just kind of thought Supa was memeing at first but instead just felt he was more like his play from anonymous but I'd like to know where your thoughts are at the moment.

More stuff in a bit I literally just woke up.

@Flee Fleet! Remember that speaking your mind makes it easier for us to get a read on you as well. The game isn't about not making any mistakes (I mean, looking at the numbers, we only need to lynch right 50% of the time, lol), it's about judging whether people are actually trying through their actions and mistakes.

Basicly, you don't need to come up with a killer case on scum you're 100% sure of right now, just saying whose reasonings (or what statements) you tend to agree with, which people (or actions) you find to appear odd and so on is already a lot better then not having any opinion at all.

37 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I guess I can see your reasoning make sense as well for him, might have been a bit too sceptical after last game... getting lynched over a universal scumread does things with you man. It still sucks we have to guess for the reasons of his play though.

@Killthestory Can you maybe explain your scumread on Boron now? Regardless of my allignment, it shouldn't be a bad thing to explain your read to town, right?

hes awkward and ungangly. dont like it.

you dont have to guess anything. you just have to listen to the light of my soul.

I was going somewhere with my Tuvy vote, but it wasn't meant to be. Shame. But watch out, buddy, cause I'm keeping a close eye on you.

Now, before I check out:

##Vote: Alette

Agreed with parts of FJP's case and don't think Alette adressed these points well. She adressed the gutread which I don't like in and of itself and she said why she didn't vote, which I don't think the problem really was in the first place. Problem for me is more the general non-commital/neutral stance she took around corrobin.

Other scumleans:

Bart: The KTS vote was overly defensive. Point in his favour though, his "Can't you see how right I am"-offended tone whilst talking to me resembles his tone from when he was town getting voted in Training/Waifu a lot more than the more aloof/reasonable scum!Bart from TPP.

Corrobin: I want my questions answered here.

Townleans:

Marth, Via, FJP, Fleet

Others are varying shades of null.

19 minutes ago, Killthestory said:

hes awkward and ungangly. dont like it.

you dont have to guess anything. you just have to listen to the light of my soul.

Okay this is just dumb. I'm aware this isn't your real reason for scumreading Boron and you're joking/making fun of me here, but there's zero reason for town you to provoke me instead of just explaining yourself already and acutally starting to push me or Boron! This is just trying to keep an unproductive shouting match going, instead of trying actually push a lynch.

Other option is that he really believes he doesn't need to explain anything and expects us to sheep him just like that but.... do I actually need to go into why that is wolfy?

17 minutes ago, Killthestory said:

##vote Omega

Right, let's vote someone else without giving any reasons. There's not even a "I didn't like this post" anymore!

Do you suddenly think Omega is more scummy then me and Boron? Did your scumread on us go down, or did the scumread on Omega just go up? Why where you even scumreading us in the first place?

Please be a little more sparing while blinding us with your great wisdom, and explain it to these poor lost lambs! (Please tell me I don't need to explain my sarcasm)

It's also noted that he basicly backs off of me the moment I start backing off of him, without any consideration for why I'm backing off (it wouldn't be unreasonable at this point to think I'm backing off for getting backlash, but apperently the moment I back off, there's suddenly bigger fish to fry). I really struggle seeing this from a town perspective, am I honestly the only person scumreading this?

Vote stays here, obviously.

18 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Bart: The KTS vote was overly defensive. Point in his favour though, his "Can't you see how right I am"-offended tone whilst talking to me resembles his tone from when he was town getting voted in Training/Waifu a lot more than the more aloof/reasonable scum!Bart from TPP.

To be fair, I was very right in Training mafia.

Votals 1.2
Alette (3)RADicate, fairyjigglypuff, Athena_57
Bartozio (1): Vi-astra
Corrobin (1)Magnificence Incarnate
Magnificence Incarnate (1): Shinori
Killthestory (1): Bartozio
Sunwoo (1): Omega.
Omega. (1) Killthestory
Not Voting: Alette, Corrobin, Flee Feet!, Mackc2, Sunwoo, Tuvy, Tuvy2, weinerboy

Day 1 ends in ~47 hours.  With 17 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 11 to hammer.

Edited by SB.