So what is your favorite character?

Lunarisparadox

From what little time I got to play Fire Emblem Warriors while I was visiting my brother, I enjoyed playing as Linde. From what I can gather, she's a technical character, even if she isn't exactly very powerful as she can hit a lot of enemies at the same exact time.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christophorus. Killing people with soundwaves and instruments is just so much fun! She also has what is probably the coolest Musou attack ever conceived: a tuba laser beam! She also roasts enemy officers upon defeating them: "Hmmm. You're pathetic.", which gets all the more hilarious when you defeat someone like Lu Bu as her.

Oh, right. Fire Emblem *ahem*

Celica and Lianna are my highest levelled characters but I always have the most fun when playing Shiida. So I'd say these three make the cut for my favourite characters in Warriors. 

Camilla is my favorite. By far my favorite. The dragon rider moveset far out shines the pegasus line and flyers are quite useful to have on some maps. FREDDY is pretty great though. Honestly, all the moveset in the game are great.

Man, I hope theres a sequel. This is a great game.

Edited by wissenschaft

On 9/27/2018 at 4:35 PM, wissenschaft said:

Camilla is my favorite. By far my favorite. The dragon rider moveset far out shines the pegasus line and flyers are quite useful to have on some maps. FREDDY is pretty great though. Honestly, all the moveset in the game are great.

Man, I hope theres a sequel. This is a great game.

Bold: Really? I think just the opposite - Camilla and Minerva are good for clearing grunts, but struggle against non-lance users because the Fireball of Massive Lag is their stunner. Which really isn't a good thing when you run into units that are good defensively. In general, I'd prefer Frederick or Lissa for axes.

Anyway...

Rio. A cute blackjack dealer who uses a giant roulette wheel and a giant slot machine, and even blows kisses to wreck her enemies gets all of my YESZ. Also, Sophie because alchemy is amazing.

Damn it. Wrong game. My actual answer is Lissa for character and gameplay reasons. Others include Olivia, Elise, Frederick, and Anna.

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Bold: Really? I think just the opposite - Camilla and Minerva are good for clearing grunts, but struggle against non-lance users because the Fireball of Massive Lag is their stunner. Which really isn't a good thing when you run into units that are good defensively. In general, I'd prefer Frederick or Lissa for axes.

That's totally true, but I think the pegasi have the exact same issue, if not worse due to their generally very low strength and pauses between damaging hits of their standard string and a few combos with large wind-ups. I'd take Azura or Oboro over them any day, who have much better movesets overall. They almost feel like they have almost no usage to me sometimes just because of how poor their combat is overall. You could say their ability to ferry units sets them apart, but the Wyverns can do that too, with the same amount of speed. Really, I'd say their best usage is to ferry an Axe unit and then function as a way for them to bring out Sword unit's orange weak point guages, rather than actually doing any fighting themselves. Camilla and Minerva can at least destroy any "Defeat X Enemies" or "Defeat Enemies in X Time" missions in History mode, although they'll need a back-up unit for sure to take out Swords (And Axes if their name is Frederick).

Anyways, updating my list now that I've played around with the DLC. Navarre is damn fun to play, definitely someone I use a lot. Azura is super fun as well, her C5 being super fun for clearing stuff out. Olivia's fun too, as is Linde, who despite definitely being inferior to Robin area wise, is still fun with that C4 Blizzard.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:55 AM, Lunarisparadox said:

Another favorite of mine would definitely be Navarre. He attacks so FAST. And then you put Astra on him and the enemies pretty much don't even get to fight back. Not to mention all his stats are really good to begin with and u have one CRAZY overpowered character. I mean its Dynasty Warriors, so they are all OP, thats kinda the point, but Navarre just takes it to a whole new level.

On that note, I dunno if there is truth to this, but aren't Lyn and Navarre with Astra so fast that they make the game crash?

4 hours ago, Emerson said:

That's totally true, but I think the pegasi have the exact same issue, if not worse due to their generally very low strength and pauses between damaging hits of their standard string and a few combos with large wind-ups. I'd take Azura or Oboro over them any day, who have much better movesets overall. They almost feel like they have almost no usage to me sometimes just because of how poor their combat is overall. You could say their ability to ferry units sets them apart, but the Wyverns can do that too, with the same amount of speed. Really, I'd say their best usage is to ferry an Axe unit and then function as a way for them to bring out Sword unit's orange weak point guages, rather than actually doing any fighting themselves. Camilla and Minerva can at least destroy any "Defeat X Enemies" or "Defeat Enemies in X Time" missions in History mode, although they'll need a back-up unit for sure to take out Swords (And Axes if their name is Frederick).

Anyways, updating my list now that I've played around with the DLC. Navarre is damn fun to play, definitely someone I use a lot. Azura is super fun as well, her C5 being super fun for clearing stuff out. Olivia's fun too, as is Linde, who despite definitely being inferior to Robin area wise, is still fun with that C4 Blizzard.

Well, I think it's more evident with the wyverns, since they're prone to get knocked out of their stunner move, which stinks. Also, about the only timed onslaughts that would make it worth deploying one of them also spawn Lucina with her Falchion mid-fight... Timed attacks generally aren't that worrisome as to warrant them. Or if they are, odds are you're locked out of using them anyhow (Sol Katti scroll mission, anyone?).

Edited by Shadow Mir

For gameplay: Pretty much the most effective characters:

The Pegasus trio are good in basically every secondary measure - they have staves, they use lances (best weapon type due to prevalence of swords), they have the highest movement. Then the moveset itself is great - C4 is huge range, exposes stun gauge on every hit, and hits several times after. C1 is a decent crowd clearer, both C1 and dive from standing, or C1 dash for AoE. C3 juggles, C6 is invulnerable and big AoE. And finally, Caeda especially is just busted. Wing Spear is awesome, she has incredible luck and thus excellent damage output. I'm not sure if the pegasus moveset itself is the best in the game (it is quite slow, and damage output is unremarkable), but the combination of all its upsides with all the extra bells and whistles you get that I mentioned above make the three Pegasus Knights overall three of the best characters in the game. And, well, hands down the Pegasus Knight moveset is the best of the lancer movesets - although with how average Azura and Oboro are I guess that isn't saying too much.

Xander is one of, if not the best sword user. Fast moving, projectile C4, juggling with C5 and C3. He's difficult to play but hugely rewarding once you get used to him.

For just enjoyment:

Ryoma is quite nice and simple to play, fast, solid C4. He's not the most effective character, but he's very easy to use well, so if I don't feel like paying too much attention he's a good pick. Plus he brings Astra to everyone.

Camilla/Minerva for basically the same reason. Their moveset is awful throughout with one exception: C2-C6 are all pretty slow, they can't break white stun gauges in one round without Critical Focus or extremely precise combos, basic string is poor, C4 requires precise aiming or you don't catch enemies in the wind up hurtbox, and leave yourself vulnerable during its long animation... basically, everything is really bad. They can make use of some of those later moves, but doing so basically just makes them really bad versions of the Pegasus Knights. The big exception is, of course, their stupidly broken C1. Huge AoE, surprisingly good DPS (not as good as landing crits, but still as good as most typical juggles), and extremely fast to come out. Hands down the most OP move in the game, and basically enough on its own to make them move from low/bottom tier to like... high tier.

Tiki. She's both cute and highly effective.

Edited by Tables

Takumi is my personal favorite. I mean, he was already my favorite character going into the game, and I find his moveset to be a blast to use. All of his arrow attacks feel satisfying to land, especially that tornado and that orb-like attack. I know his moveset is shared with Sakura, Anna, and Niles, but I tend to associate the moveset with Takumi the most because of the emphasis on wind for most of the attacks that fits the Fujin Yumi.

Lissa is the runner-up. She's another character I really like from personality alone, and she has lots of great supports in Warriors. Her moveset is really fun too. In fact, that Axe Wheel attack may just be my favorite attack in the game because of how strong and satisfying it feels!

I also had a lot of fun using Oboro. She's unique, and her lance attacks pack a good punch.

On 9/28/2018 at 8:51 PM, Shadow Mir said:

Anyway...

Rio. A cute blackjack dealer who uses a giant roulette wheel and a giant slot machine, and even blows kisses to wreck her enemies gets all of my YESZ. Also, Sophie because alchemy is amazing..

Damn it. Wrong game. My actual answer is Lissa for character and gameplay reasons. Others include Olivia, Elise, Frederick, and Anna.

I tend to pair Camilla with Ryoma and switch between them as needed. Camilla is unparalleled at wiping out groups of grunts while I'll switch to Ryoma to kill officers.

I feel I should elaborate a bit. Camilla and Minerva I like for the same reasons, heck, look at my avatar as to why. Tough lady with large axe weapon = :wub: Dragon riders being my favorite class and fond memories of Camilla carrying lunatic runs on her back in Conquest just send her over the top.

But this game doesn't let just one character dominate everything so other characters do get to shine. For Sword users I like Lucina. Cute girl who has more luck that Chrom and therefore uses his luna skill better than he can. lol I tend to like Lucina moveset the best out of sword users. For Lance users I think the DLC ones win and I prefer Azura because its Azura (very biased). I can actually fight with the dance girls! lol She also has a pretty effective moveset.

For magic users Elise is great and her higher luck probably makes her better than Leo, she has a staff for healing, and being mounted is almost always awesome. As for archers, I probably favor Sakura with topsy turvey for the ability to kill flying units and armored knights with ease.

I find it amusing that the worst stat in Fire Emblem games, luck, is the strongest stat in warriors because proc skills like luna are so strong.

As for Ryoma, well, I did have to use him a lot to build up his supports to spread around astra and I use him with Camilla. He mostly attacked lieutenants and bosses while Camilla uses her dash slam attack to clear enemy mobs. I find it amusing they made Ryoma as OP as he is in fates. lol I will note, Camilla really wants Astra. Her without that skill and with it are like night and day. Any character with a slow moveset desperately wants Astra (mages get the same big benfit since they also attack slow).

I also used Lianna a lot because she and her brother are pretty much always available and they have a well balanced moveset thats easy to use.

Edited by wissenschaft

If I need to get from point A to point B in a hurry, I much prefer Lucina (why, I don't know).

But if things need to die, and they need to die RIGHT NOW, I hack out Sakura.  For whatever reason, her moveset makes sense to me.

If I want someone with a nice balanced moveset that also happens to be my highest leveled unit, I go with Rowan.

Lyn/Navarre if I want to feel like a badass doing all of those flips.

Camilla/Minerva for any crowd clearing mission.

Azura since she is the best waifu in this game by proxy of actual best girl not being in FE:W, and also her moveset is just overall the most fun to play with, even if she isn't the best by a longshot.

Archers for duels since they can basically just use pot-shots and still be safe due to their range

Chrom/Lucina if I'm dueling and deciding to not be a coward

Elise if I want to get somewhere fast and use magic.

On 10/07/18 at 12:06 AM, wissenschaft said:

Camilla really wants Astra. Her without that skill and with it are like night and day.

For the longest time, I've had Ryoma practically benched and I keep forgetting to deploy him to get Astra for units like Camilla and Minerva.

I suppose to apply to the topic...

I like Navarre if I can take a Sword user into battle and substitute Lyn if it's just a Female deployment only restriction. Barring them, I lean on Lucina a lot, though that's died down somewhat.

As for Bows, I favour Anna without question.

For Lances, that's pretty tricky since I tend to avoid them, though Caeda having her Wing Spear is a tiny bit cruel.

For Tomes I try to lean on Robin where I can but I've also got Tharja and Elise as comfortable secondaries.

With Axes, I typically don't feel very comfortable with them, but I have to lean a tiny bit more towards Minerva (even though I don't deploy her all that much...).

I'm not actually a fan of how Xander and Frederick feel to me but that might just be how I can't really deal with horses in Warriors games.

On 29.9.2018 at 2:51 AM, Shadow Mir said:

Rio. A cute blackjack dealer who uses a giant roulette wheel and a giant slot machine, and even blows kisses to wreck her enemies gets all of my YESZ. Also, Sophie because alchemy is amazing.

Oh yeah, Sophie is so much fun to play as. So much fun, in fact, that I bought her home game.
I also really enjoy playing as Oka, Arnice, Yukimura Sanada, Zhao Yun, Wang Yuanji, Ryu Hayabusa and Marie Rose. Also Tamaki. Tamaki is badass.
Lowkey still hoping for a sequel where you can play as Malvasia, Aluche or someone else from Nights of Azure 2.

On 13.10.2018 at 12:04 AM, Light Strategist said:

I'm not actually a fan of how Xander and Frederick feel to me but that might just be how I can't really deal with horses in Warriors games.

Tell me about it. Controlling horses feels really awkward for some reason. You can't even use them to kill grunts while running them over (though I hear there is one horse in Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 that can do that. I just haven't unlocked it yet.)
Worse still, it's really hard to see what's in front of you, because , at least in the 3DS version of the game, the horse (or mount in general) blocks out half the screen. I got somewhat used to it with Shiida, but that doesn't change the fact that it's really bothersome and I still don't really like playing as any mounted character besides Shiida (weird, right?) because of that very reason.

Other favourites from Fire Emblem Warriors include, in no particular order: Olivia, Navarre, Lyn, Lissa, Sakura and Chrom.

Edited by DragonFlames

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, blaziken25 said:

I haven't beaten the game yet but so far I've loved playing as Takumi, Owain and Chrom

If/When possible, I recommend trying out Navarre or Lyn. I love playing as the characters you've listed and feel like you might get a kick out of how crazy cool these 2 are to use.

On 29/11/2018 at 12:50 PM, Light Strategist said:

If/When possible, I recommend trying out Navarre or Lyn. I love playing as the characters you've listed and feel like you might get a kick out of how crazy cool these 2 are to use.

I sure will! Thanks for the tip!

My favorite characters are easily Lyn and Fredrick. They're both very powerful and super fun to play as in Warriors, it also helps that I like them from their own games. Also Wendy Lee and Kyle Hebert are two of my favorite voice actors so that's always a plus, but this game has a lot of actors I would consider in my favorites anyway so don't ask me to start listing them off because we'll be here forever.

I haven't got Warriors yet, but I'm gonna be getting it soon.

But I bet it would be SO MUCH FUN to play as Ryoma. It would be much like a LION SIMULATOR!!! (Sorry, I do not follow the Lobster Lord meme.)

UPDATE: Been playing it for a while now, and yes, Ryoma is a good, easy character to control, and damn, his lightning attacks are cool (and he even gets to hit a guarding character with a Strong Attack)! He's so easy to use, unlike the pegasus knights, Robin, Camilla and Corrin, whose attacks seem to be a little uncontrollable, but Takumi, Rowan/Lianna and even Sakura and Xander are great characters to control, and I love Takumi and Sakura's Strong Attack I, since I can use it to rapid-fire hell down upon any enemy in my way.

Also, I hate what they did to some of the characters in terms of voice acting. Hinoka has a more high-pitched voice, and special lines (particularly Ryoma's Awakening lines, "You have breathed your last!" for the trigger and "You deserve worse!" for the last hurrah when Awakening expires) seem kinda rushed in tone, which is something that kinda puts me off playing some of the Fates characters at times (since you can't avoid it, haha). But aside from Hinoka, a lot of the voices are still cool (your voice sounded better when it was deeper, Hinoka).

Another thing, I'm kinda disappointed that characters such as Ike, Roy, Alm, etc. didn't make it. But I understand, since it is one huge game and everything, and you can't fit every single bloody character in the game for that reason. Skipping dialogue can't be done straight away because loading and I looked through the DLCs and stuff and I think to get all that (assuming you have enough money), you'd nearly need to upgrade your SD Card (which I already did when I got a MicroSD card reader for my laptop)! The MicroSD I took out of my New 3DS had a storage capacity of 4 GB (32768 blocks) and the most expensive DLC (data-wise) required over 9000 blocks!

Edited by WeAreNewcastle1053
Info update because I. can't. double. post.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chrom or Lucina depending on who had the better growth rates for gameplay and character reasons, first it seems with proper skill placement they can destroy everything, and they are both great characters.

17 hours ago, Fates-Blade said:

depending on who had the better growth rates for gameplay and character reasons,

I'm pretty sure that growth rates are fixed in Warriors. A character's stats from Level 1 - Level 100 are always the same, the only factor being the Master Seal, which changes the stats to Master Seal stats. You'd be better off looking at the stats as they are now. Chrom is a sturdy physical attacker, whereas Lucina is more nimble and has more Resistance and probably a more decent Magic stat.

5 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

I'm pretty sure that growth rates are fixed in Warriors. A character's stats from Level 1 - Level 100 are always the same, the only factor being the Master Seal, which changes the stats to Master Seal stats. You'd be better off looking at the stats as they are now. Chrom is a sturdy physical attacker, whereas Lucina is more nimble and has more Resistance and probably a more decent Magic stat.

I didn't know they were fixed, so Chrom with Warrior+ is the best IMO, his Warrior Special is really quick and yet does excellent damage, his and Lucina's Strong Attack 3 hits a very wide area and does very good damage (hyah hoo! one more! Hoo hah take this! hah hoo! one more! hyah hah, how's that! <Literally a lot of this, rinse and repeat), and his and Lucina's Strong VI does excellent damage, and then his warrior special does very high damage with Warrior+ and it's really quick "Anything can change!"  "Are you ready?" and "Yes. Onward, soldiers!" "Let us open a path to fate, together!" literally a lot of that too, even facing a weapon disadvantage, or against Velezark the Warrior+ came through, and then with Chom's character, and personal weapon. He's one of my favorites. Though I have lot's of favorites I recall Chrom really holding the battles.

Edited by Fates-Blade