DMC V Dante's theme is released

coldhand25

And it's bad? I easily listened Devil Trigger for more than 5 hours, but could barely listen trough this 5 minute. It's not that I hate metal, but somehow the forced screaming felt bad. Also I expected something different. I'm not saying I wanted a Devil Trigger 2 or anything, but I don't find this music fitting. Well, not yet at least. Will see when the game arrives. What you guys think? I hope I'm not the only one still hyped for the game.

41 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

They ended up removing it from YouTube...

Will it remain in the final game? 

Honestly? I hope not. It probably won't be imho, as the official reason why it was removed, is because the singer got into some trouble (bad kind of trouble), but the negative reception is probably part of it as well.

Edited by coldhand25

25 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

Honestly? I hope not. It probably won't be imho, as the official reason why it was removed, is because the singer got into some trouble (bad kind of trouble), but the negative reception is probably part of it as well.

I never looked at the like/dislike ratio and comments. How did those fare?

10 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I never looked at the like/dislike ratio and comments. How did those fare?

It was like 1/4 likes, 3/4 dislikes. 

The comments... Well, I'm sure you can imagine based on the like-dislike ratio. 

38 minutes ago, Slumber said:

It was like 1/4 likes, 3/4 dislikes. 

The comments... Well, I'm sure you can imagine based on the like-dislike ratio. 

Sounds about right. Aside from being dreadful, I don't think it fit. I mean yes, there has always been a slight heaviness/violence to Devil May Cry's battle music, but Dante is an inherently over the top and playful character, and this just didn't suit that at all. 

11 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Sounds about right. Aside from being dreadful, I don't think it fit. I mean yes, there has always been a slight heaviness/violence to Devil May Cry's battle music, but Dante is an inherently over the top and playful character, and this just didn't suit that at all. 

It was also just a sluggish, slow metal song with screamo vocals. 

Devil Trigger kind of set a kind of energetic tone with the music that this song just REALLY didn't live up to. 

There are hundreds of bands that likely would have fit better, still within the metal genre. Hell, Devil Trigger is so cheesy, they could have picked something like Machinae Supremacy, and it would have fit. 

I guess somebody at Capcom just really likes Suicide Silence. 

Edited by Slumber

To be honest, I never felt like metal suited these games that well anyway, but this is just...ass

Ill give them a medal if they go in with a bebop soundtrack or something, make old man Dante all hammy and shit, it'd be a dream 

10 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

They more likely pulled it because of accusations of the band's vocalist having relations with a minor. that's a yikes

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/09/19/devil-may-cry-5-music-video-pulled-amid-stories-about-vocalists-sexual-harassment

The vocalist, Eddie Hermida, was accused of beginning a relationship with an Austrian teenager, pressuring her for nude pictures after sending her sexually suggestive photos himself, and manipulating her. For his part, Hermida apologized for the behavior, but claims he waited until she turned 18 to ask for anything sexual and alleged she lied to him about her age. The story was originally reported in November last year.

Since this discovery, fans have been tweeting at Devil May Cry 5 producer Matt Walker to call attention to the subject. Walker has not been particularly active on social media since the typhoons started hammering Japan, but the video was taken down from the Devil May Cry account, so clearly someone noticed the messages.

That reminds me, my father always said I should be in relationships with people my age, and don't pressure them.

1 hour ago, ChefGuevara said:

To be honest, I never felt like metal suited these games that well anyway, but this is just...ass

Ill give them a medal if they go in with a bebop soundtrack or something, make old man Dante all hammy and shit, it'd be a dream 

I actually agree. DMC has always had metal music, usually a bit grungier/industrial. But it's actually a point of contention between me and a friend. 

"Which Vergil battle theme in DMC3 is better?" 

Friend: Oh, 2 is the best. It just sounds good and hits harder. 

Me: No, 3 is the best. 2 just devolves into the typical DMC butt-metal, while 3 just lets the composition shine. 

I like metal and I think *some* kind of aggressive tone fits DMC. Industrial metal... Hasn't aged super well and doesn't fit the series all that well. I just think it probably would have better suited for later Dante/Nero if they picked punk instead(Not in the way DmC tried to be "punk"). Or if they embraced the fun side of the games and went with cheesy, over the top fun music ala Metal Gear Rising or Devil Trigger. 

This theme song for Dante is like a full 5 degrees removed from what the series should sound like. 

Edited by Slumber

10 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I actually agree. DMC has always had metal music, usually a bit grungier/industrial. But it's actually a point of contention between me and a friend. 

"Which Vergil battle theme in DMC3 is better?" 

Friend: Oh, 2 is the best. It just sounds good and hits harder. 

Me: No, 3 is the best. 2 just devolves into the typical DMC butt-metal, while 3 just lets the composition shine. 

I like metal and I think *some* kind of aggressive tone fits DMC. Industrial metal... Hasn't aged super well and doesn't fit the series all that well. I just think it probably would have better suited for later Dante/Nero if they picked punk instead(Not in the way DmC tried to be "punk"). Or if they embraced the fun side of the games and went with cheesy, over the top fun music ala Metal Gear Rising or Devil Trigger. 

This theme song for Dante is like a full 5 degrees removed from what the series should sound like. 

Let's go all the way on the fun side and replace all of the music with cheesy power metal ala Sabaton. 

On 19/9/2018 at 7:17 PM, coldhand25 said:

And it's bad? I easily listened Devil Trigger for more than 5 hours, but could barely listen trough this 5 minute. It's not that I hate metal, but somehow the forced screaming felt bad. Also I expected something different. I'm not saying I wanted a Devil Trigger 2 or anything, but I don't find this music fitting. Well, not yet at least.

the beat was alright, it's just the vocals that are terrible beyond words.

i don't even know why Capcom has let them handle Dante's theme, 'cause that's clearly not the kind of music that belongs to this franchise. they just tried too hard, in my opinion.

hopefully they will change the theme with something better, or maybe just change the vocals with something more fitting and less "extreme".

25 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Let's go all the way on the fun side and replace all of the music with cheesy power metal ala Sabaton. 

Cheesy power metal fits goofy medieval high-fantasy a bit more. Which I don't think really exists outside of power metal music videos and Monty Python. 

Edited by Slumber

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Cheesy power metal fits goofy medieval high-fantasy a bit more. Which I don't think really exists outside of power metal music videos and Monty Python. 

Which is why I love it so damn much, lol.

I could totally see a Dynasty Warriors spinoff using Power Metal though. Maybe a theoretical Warriors x Tales would be goofy high fantasy enough. 

9 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

This is news to me and I've not had the chance to hear it. =/

I'd like to rate it myself.

Believe my you, you missed nothing. I know how it feels, I myself thought it can't be that bad, but when I listened I realized what a fool I was, when I thought it's gonna be okay even though the hate. It was on the internet though, so it's impossible it disappeared forever, someone might have bought it, or saved it, I don't know. Just wait until it's gonna get reuploaded by others.