Grand Hero Battle Breaks: Garon

SatsumaFSoysoy

7 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

That’s it. I’m retarded when it comes to this GHB. 50+ tries later and nothing but constant failure. Nothing works. Not even Veronica support can save my pathetic rear. I’ll wait for some strats with Bride Cordelia or something later today and see where am I failing so much. 

If it makes you feel better, I haven't even beaten Lunatic yet~ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kirauza343 said:

That Celica clear was majestic. It was really interesting watching your Vanilla Celica with the refinement follow some of the same steps mine did in terms of which enemies she killed. Your other clears were great as well!

Thanks! Glad you liked them (the Oliver clear was most fun to do this time). 

Really, your clear had some similarities to my Celica and my Oliver clear: tank in the north, kill reinforcements, take cover at the lower border and boss treatment pretty much at the end. 

2 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Celica's refine is sooooo much fun and I am so glad she was blessed with such a good one. A Dorcas (+spd -atk who pity broke me on my quest for Lewyn when I already have a Dorcas with a  good nature) died for this clear (the extra attack probably could've been achieved differently, but it's not like I was going to use that Dorcas for anything plus it could be a useful skill in the future).

Wow, Fierce Stance is perfect on Micaiah, good choice! I always wanted one for Grima. Great clear, Garon didn't stand a chance. 

Your Celica works great with the new refinement, Swift Sparrow is perfect to keep the bulk intact to tank the Cav in the end. I'll keep Fury on mine to reach Brazen/Desperation range faster though. 

With the next clear you'll see a merged Celica, I don't need to keep spare copies for Distant Defense anymore (that's Garons job now ^^). 

Hm...I choose this thread.

@mampfoid

Nice work on that clear! 112 damage out of Roy was hilarious. Cordelia really shredded Garon though, dang.

The pair of mine. First up is a Caeda one-turn. I ended up going with heavy defensive stacking because Swordbreaker and Wary Fighter in the same map is just evil. Massive Iceberg damage is always fun, though.

And then the more traditional Galeforce One-Turn. I had to break out Clair for this one. I was thinking her debut would be on a hypothetical Abyssal difficulty for Lyn (Lady of the Wind), but this is fine too.

I find it amusing that YouTube managed to pick the Sword Fighter for the thumbnail both times.

Edited by LordFrigid

@Zeo @Vaximillian @NegativeExponents- @mampfoid @Ginko @Nanima @Usana @Rezzy @Rafiel's Aria

Team is +Spd/-HP Flora, +Def/-Res Silas, +Spd/-Res Elise and  +Spd/-HP PA!Azura

Music is Kekkai from Ao no Exorcist the Movie soundtrack

So here is the debut of the latest Nohrians in a themed clear against their King. Took a good number of tries and changing some skills because enemies would deal exact damage against Elise and Flora's low HP, but I'm glad I pulled it off for Flora and Silas's debut. Video's a bit long though (darn Distant Defense).

-The walls are annoying, but at the same time, it made Razzle Dazzle Gravity and Savage Blow shenanigans work better. Savage Blow is a really good seal for these PvEs.

-Had to unequip Axura's usual Hone Atk because Panic Ploy is annoying.

-Silas and Flora's base kits work really well here. Silas coming with Reposition is such a great thing and him duelling against the armour in the end was pretty fitting.

@mampfoid That's a lot of Celicas, good thing she's such a good unit. The perfect positioning for Blazing Light was satisfying! Yeah maybe the music is a bit too masculine for a Celica clear lol

Stahl surviving Garon was surprising! Also very satisfying to see Skadi work well in this map - and for the Conquest boss to defeat the Birthright boss lol. And you get feathers from Walhart as a reward! lol

Roy's special art is so nice, I wish Galeforce would show the special art at least. Nice, clean clear again!

Edited by mcsilas

さるGames used 5* BH Lyn (neutral), 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 4* Finn with an Attack +3 seal, and 4* Olivia (neutral) to beat infernal.

じまにい used 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 5* Finn with Goad Cavalry equipped and a Speed +3 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Drive Atk 2 seal, and 5* Ethlyn with a Wrathful Staff refined Fear+, Heavenly Light equipped, and a Savage Blow 3 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3y06UNyOhw. This one has commentary, so if you're not into that, then mute the video and skip ahead.

Brotel uploaded three infernal strategies. The first uses 5* Fjorm (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Spur Atk 1 seal, 5* vanguard Ike (neutral), and 4* Ursula with an Attack +1 seal. The second one uses 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) without a weapon equipped, 5* BH Lyn (neutral) with a Speed +1 seal, and 4* Gunter (neutral) with Hone Cavalry equipped. And finally, the third strategy uses 5* Black Knight with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Spur Atk 1 seal, 4* Donnel (neutral), and 5* CYL Veronica (neutral) with and Attack +1 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8M2emKWjCc.

Ventus used 4* Olivia (neutral), 5* Fjorm (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 5* vanguard Ike (neutral), and 5* Ursula for his strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ctxyIToOO4.

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Nice work on that clear! 112 damage out of Roy was hilarious. Cordelia really shredded Garon though, dang.

Thanks! Yeah I wanted to make Roy use Astra since some time, strangely satisfying overkill ... (your Caeda deals nearly the same amount to the green Cav without damage special). 

The pair of mine. First up is a Caeda one-turn. I ended up going with heavy defensive stacking because Swordbreaker and Wary Fighter in the same map is just evil. Massive Iceberg damage is always fun, though.

I was wondering how you would deal with those obstacles, but Caeda didn't even need a smoke skill (ploying helped)! That Brave Lance Knight dealt paltry 10 damage to her and she survived also the Swordbreaker without a sweat. The rest was no big deal. Congrats! 

And then the more traditional Galeforce One-Turn. I had to break out Clair for this one. I was thinking her debut would be on a hypothetical Abyssal difficulty for Lyn (Lady of the Wind), but this is fine too.

I'm every time amazed how many +10 GF units you manage to build. Clair is a great addition and Tana eats Dragon Fangs for breakfast, congrats again! 

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid That's a lot of Celicas, good thing she's such a good unit. The perfect positioning for Blazing Light was satisfying! Yeah maybe the music is a bit too masculine for a Celica clear lol

Hehe, yeah I had to chose the tracks at low volume. ^^ I'll get there, I need the time to build a kind of library for this stuff. 

Stahl surviving Garon was surprising! Also very satisfying to see Skadi work well in this map - and for the Conquest boss to defeat the Birthright boss lol. And you get feathers from Walhart as a reward! lol

Yeah, those are some of the reasons why Olivers clear was the most fun this time, even if it was the hardest. 

Roy's special art is so nice, I wish Galeforce would show the special art at least. Nice, clean clear again!

Thanks! Yeah, I miss the special art of my core team. The main drawback of Galeforce IMO.

Imagine his special art would show up while proc'ing GF which makes him shout "for my father!" and the player lets him retreat with the extra turn. ^^' 

Team is +Spd/-HP Flora, +Def/-Res Silas, +Spd/-Res Elise and  +Spd/-HP PA!Azura

I see you already put some work into your Silas, I'm curious how his final build will look like. He already one-rounds Axe cavs (nearly) and gets the final kill by one-rounding the Wary Fighter Knight. 

Flora is great, cool how you made her work in this clear. She tanks all magical damage (even 0 damage taken by the red mage) and debuffs the bulkier foes. 

I liked the part where Elise stops the full onslaught of the enemies (twice) and weakens the sword fighter for Flora. Also an elegant way to get rid of that Dragon Fang by letting Elise use her Miracle. To finish the king, the full team had to work together. 

I'll have to check the soundtrack at home. 

Congrats, very enjoyable theme! 

@mampfoid Thanks! Actually that Silas build is just a cheap build for Tempest Trial grinding (Swordbreaker is great for TT).

Once I get more SP I'm gonna go find him a Slaying Lance and Ignis fodder.

Flora destroying the TA green mage was very satisfying. She is a bit slow though, even with +Spd.

...sure...that's why I let Elise get hit by her dad....yes that's the reason...

Haha I actually was stuck with that turn after a while because I was so focused on trying to stop Garon with Gravity and kept moving right. Took me a while to realise I could move left, and Elise proccing Miracle was a calculated risk, but I never actually thought about the fact that it removed Dragon Fang as a threat haha.

Hard beaten with low HM units after a few tries.

Lunatic cleared after over a dozen failures with M!Robin (Reposition, TA3, Bowbreaker 3, Spur Def/Res 2, SAA4 2), D!Ike (Swap, QR2, Drive Spd 2, Initiate Res 1), Nephenee (Dauntless Lance Eff, Rally Spd/Res, Drive Spd 2, Atk 1) and Sonya (Draw Back, G Tomebreaker 3, Atk Ploy 3). I start off with M!Robin and Ike taking out the cleric and green mage on enemy phase as both could double. Next turn sees Sonya and Nephenee dealing with the southern reinforcements and Ike switching with M!Robin so they could be in position next turn. Ike gets badly hurt but finishes the axe infantry on enemy phase, but now there's 4 reinforcements and the others are moving. M!Robin repositions Ike so he can be ready to take out the mage because of Drive Spd, while the others move out of range. More enemies arrive, with the cavs and armour still far enough back. M!Robin 1-rounds Garon with Bonfire (It was necessary, he was 5 damage off 1-rounding as is (When Robin's Tome IS?)) and Sonya blows away the flier. The cavs move in, with the mage barely not 1-shotting M!Robin and getting doubled and Bonfired in return. Sonya 1-rounds the axe cav and M!Robin finishes the mage, leaving the armour easy to clean up. Nephenee might have used the rally at one point, I'm forgetting because the failed attempts kind of melded together.

I'll be back on Infernal, Lunatic was bad enough.

M@mampfoid Those were some very good clears. The Celicas just sweeped across the enemies almost as brutally as the one-turn clear squad. I'm glad you are holding true to P!Takumi. He's really handy as a unit and deserves to show Garon who the better final boss is.

@kirauza343 She may be one of her kind, but this Celica still deals in pain. That was an awesome demonstration of the new refinement in action. Micaiah just no-selling magic is also was a treat to see. 

@mcsilas Nice theme team (and music btw)! Flora worked wonders here and really showed off her strengths. Elise was definitely a necessary presence though. Glad that the girl can still see action after her top spot as cav healer has been taken twice over. Also it's good to see you finally able to use Silas!

My own clear took what felt like forever. Doesn't help that I am currently working full time at a very demanding job, so my patience and ability to concentrate have taken a bit of a hit this week. I got really stubborn about beating this though. Every time I got close to a working strategy and switched just one seal in order to win, the enemys would shift their movement entirely and screw me over in a completely different way. But this morning I finally sealed the deal:

This was truly a team effort. All four really put in their work. OG!Takumi actually reenacted the way my Birthright playthroughs use to end. haha

Music is the Japanese version of End of All (Sky). I was a bit miffed that I couldn't line the Garon kill up with the chorus, but oh well. 

A minute of silence for the 20k feathers, refinement material and units like Maria and Seliph who I needlessly sacrificed before finding a way that involved only skills my team already knew.

Either way, I am proud of my boys and they have earned themselves a bit of a break.

tumblr_pff968zpKp1ta965c_540.png

Edited by Nanima

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

I'm glad you are holding true to P!Takumi. He's really handy as a unit and deserves to show Garon who the better final boss

He really worked well here. To be honest I'm playing with the thought of making Garon join the squad. Of course Takumi had the harder map, he could tease his new buddy with that. 

A minute of silence for the 20k feathers, refinement material and units like Maria and Seliph who I needlessly sacrificed before finding a way that involved only skills my team already knew.

Haha, I can relate to that. Often those sacrifices prove useful in the future, there will be many other maps. 

This was truly a team effort. All four really put in their work. OG!Takumi actually reenacted the way my Birthright playthroughs use to end. haha

Your OG Takumi didn't have much trouble with the Raven mage (or Garon for that matter), I thought he could become the true boss. I couldn't tell from your clear how much trouble you ran into, it looks all pretty smooth. Even the combined effort to take out the Knight seemed well coordinated. Also fitting music, congrats! 

Hope your job will leave some pleasure time in your day. 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Garon infernal vs Askrtrio & Veronica

Haha, the Swordbreaker fighter dealing 0 damage to Alfonse was priceless. Sharena got the honor of finishing Garon. Congrats, great accomplishment again! 

17 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks! Yeah I wanted to make Roy use Astra since some time, strangely satisfying overkill ... (your Caeda deals nearly the same amount to the green Cav without damage special). 

Well, the poor guy is cavalry, green, has Triangle Adept, and has a pretty miserable Def stat.

Although after reading that, I decided to try and see how much damage I could stack on if I went in with Caeda's Astra equipped:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

That's Caeda (+Atk/-HP) with the Wing Sword (Eff), Swift Sparrow 2, Attack +3 seal, Summoner S (58 Atk). Plus support from...

• Marth: Ally S (+2), two stacks of Spur Atk 3 (+8), Falchion (Eff) (+2)
  • Azura: Hone Fliers (+6), Lilith Floatie+ (+1), Threaten Def 1 Seal (-3 Def to the Cav)
  • Camilla: Camilla's Axe (Eff) (+3), Goad Fliers (+4), Drive Atk 2 Seal (+3)

For a total of 87 Atk, vs the Cav's 15 Def.

If I were to give Caeda Death Blow 4 (hahahahahaha), upgrade the Threaten Def seal to 3, and use Corrin with Yato (Eff) and Ally S (hahahahahaha) I could crank that damage number up to 452, but...no.

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Well, the poor guy is cavalry, green, has Triangle Adept, and has a pretty miserable Def stat.

Although after reading that, I decided to try and see how much damage I could stack on if I went in with Caeda's Astra equipped:

Hide contents

giphy.gif

That's Caeda (+Atk/-HP) with the Wing Sword (Eff), Swift Sparrow 2, Attack +3 seal, Summoner S (58 Atk). Plus support from...

• Marth: Ally S (+2), two stacks of Spur Atk 3 (+8), Falchion (Eff) (+2)
  • Azura: Hone Fliers (+6), Lilith Floatie+ (+1), Threaten Def 1 Seal (-3 Def to the Cav)
  • Camilla: Camilla's Axe (Eff) (+3), Goad Fliers (+4), Drive Atk 2 Seal (+3)

For a total of 87 Atk, vs the Cav's 15 Def.

If I were to give Caeda Death Blow 4 (hahahahahaha), upgrade the Threaten Def seal to 3, and use Corrin with Yato (Eff) and Ally S (hahahahahaha) I could crank that damage number up to 452, but...no.

*snort* That's awesome. As for my Infernal clear, I went with most of my old GHB staples.

1. L!Ike+1: Base kit plus Axebreaker 3, Reposition and the DD3 seal
  2. B!Lucina+2: Base kit plus Vantage 3, Reposition, and the Hone Spd 3 seal
  3. L!Lucina: Base kit plus Luna
  4. Julia: Fury 3, QR2, Drive Spd 2, Swap, Atk/Def 2 seal, Summoner support

All in all, not that hard once I got the reinforcement patterns down. It still amuses me to see Ike tank a blue mage and Radiant-Aether them to death. The poor starting green cavalier got totally wrecked too. Not Wing Sword-level wrecked like above, but dead is dead.

Well dang, I'm feeling a touch pathetic for not even being able to take Lunatic right now, I got sick of trying after about half an hour and went and finally cleared Berkut Lunatic instead as a test for my semi-started Draco Emblem team(A-Tiki, Ninian, Fae, and F-Grima, A-Tiki is the only one who's had any real effort put into her at the moment). I'll have to take a look at all these videos later, they won't load for me unless I'm on mobile. In the meantime, since I haven't looked at any videos yet, any recommendations? My main problem so far is that my general team construction involves using my OG-Roy and Delthea as my Red and Blue beatsticks, since Delthea obviously can hit like a flippin' tank and Dark Aura + S-Support Bonus + Drive Atk means Roy's nothing to laugh at either. However, Panic Ploy exists, so...yeah. Incidentally, I don't have anyone from the newest...three or four Banners, I think, so I don't have access to anyone from Quan's, Flora's, or Muspell's Banners.

Edited by SoulWeaver

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Although after reading that, I decided to try and see how much damage I could stack on if I went in with Caeda's Astra equipped

Lol, that is hilarious. You know what to do if we ever get a Abyssal boss like that but with 400 HP. 

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Pretty basic stuff this time, honestly.

Am I seeing additional merges on Celica? Seems you were successful in the new power banner. 

14 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Incidentally, I don't have anyone from the newest...three or four Banners, I think, so I don't have access to anyone from Quan's, Flora's, or Muspell's Banners.

I don't think the newest units are necessary, or even more helpful than older units. Roy and Delthea seem like a good start, who else is on the team? 

Panic ploy is annoying, but not the deal breaker of this map. What I've seen from most clears is to tank/kill the green Cav and/or the healer on turn one. Afterwards it's important to kill the reinforcements in the lower part of the map as fast as possible while luring Garon and his northern army down. 

42 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy It may be a bit basic but it was pretty awesome to see Kagero and Celica destroying stuff. Azura killing Garon was a nice touch too.

Has your Eirika been struggling? I imagine the reinforcements make it hard for you to keep the three supports out of the fight.

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Am I seeing additional merges on Celica? Seems you were successful in the new power banner. 

Nope, she's been +4 for a while now. 80 orbs down the drain yesterday!

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nope, she's been +4 for a while now. 80 orbs down the drain yesterday!

You are right, in my Brigades she is +4 and I've never updated the friend list. Good luck getting another copy until the banner ends! 

56 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Has your Eirika been struggling? I imagine the reinforcements make it hard for you to keep the three supports out of the fight.

Yup. I just found a way to keep up with the pressure thanks to Siegbert but I still need a way to deal with the Swordbreaker flier. Tanking two hits from that thing seems impossible so I'll have to find a way to abuse Savage Blow to get it out of the Swordbreaker range.

@mampfoid I always knew that it will be another 1 turn clear but seeing Roy proc Astra to finish the map is really satisfying. Great job!!

@kirauza343 Omg! Micaiah devour a Zelgius to be enemy phase monster. Celica burn everything with Glimmer and Cheche will never need any other axe anymore lol. Swift Sparrow is really worth on Celica, she can survive more battle instead of Life and Death. The Girl party perfect clear once again!!

@mcsilas I'm a little disappoint that you didn't use Silas to one round Garon on enemy phase (after Azura dance on him and Flora debuff) I guess he can survive? But I'm confident after he gain more merges he will stand stronger for sure. Flora is the MVP for sweeping the mages. Lastly, the soundtrack is really nice, I dont know about it but i heard this soundtrack somewhere else before.

and the last tag go to @Zeo because I don't have anyone else to tag lol. I'm waiting for your clear ^^

This map is not hard at all after get rid of that annoying cleric. Positioning is the key.

I want everyone to pay attention to the final turn of my clear. You will notice that I clear this map at the starting position ^^  (before I swap Siegbert and Roy)

Enjoy as always

Edited by Ginko