How's your luck in Heroes?

GreatKnightEcho

Just tell me how lucky you are from banner to banner, in terms of getting focus units and/or just 5*'s in general.

As for me, my luck is extremely polarizing. One banner I get the units I want super quickly, the next I get jack shit (The worst case of this being the Hoshidan Summer banner).

Arrival Of The Brave and Legendary Marth were my worst recently as Ephraim and Marth refused to join me until I was all in. After that, I completed banners with minimal resistance. Most of my orbs went to merges / IV fishing.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Back and forth, had some really bad luck when the game first launched (took me over a month to get my 1st 5 star), last summer and the end of last year/beginning of this year were also rough. Currently been having decent luck, also got really lucky when they launched those couple fe 4 banners about a year ago too.

My peak was the Summer Banners where I got Summer Gaius, Elise, Tana, Leo, Corrin, and Innes with Gaius being my second pull of the banner and not even a unit I was going to actively pull for right away (despite me liking him) and Leo, Corrin, and Innes just kinda coming relatively quickly right after each other. On top of that, I was primarily focusing on Elise, Tana, and Innes and I just thought I'd go for the rest of them while I still had time. The only one I didn't manage that I would have liked was Summer Robin but that was my peak haul.

Sometimes I'm lucky in the wrong ways like pulling 3 Mias on the Luna Banner when I wanted Duma Celica or 3 Legendary Lyns on the Legendary Lucina Banner when I wanted Christmas Lissa or V!Lilina to go with her.

I'll say I'm for the most part lucky if I'm focusing on one unit, though. I got L!Marth on the first day and it only took about 5 days to get S!Micaiah and maybe 2 or 3 for Silvia, which were the last units I actively pulled for.

Since I pay for my Orbs and summon quite a lot, my luck feels pretty consistent.

My most frustrating Focus was Ylissean Travelers, where crap like Ayra and Ares pity broke me five times. The only other Focus that I was frustrated with was with Blazing Shadows when I tried to summon Ninian; I did not get her at the time, as I pulled on every Orb instead of just sniping for blue, and Jaffar's ugly face pity broke me like 3 or 4 times.

The bad pulls has been balanced out by good pulls. A lot of units I care about got decent natures the first time I summon them.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, GreatKnightEcho said:

Just tell me how lucky you are from banner to banner, in terms of getting focus units and/or just 5*'s in general.

As for me, my luck is extremely polarizing. One banner I get the units I want super quickly, the next I get jack shit (The worst case of this being the Hoshidan Summer banner).

id probably say the same. my luck with some banners are better then others.like that new dancing one (im mostly free to play) i did 3 sets of summons and got no 5 stars but the norhian one i got opehlia on the first summon.

I don't depend on my luck anymore. My luck can change completely. Sometimes I get the unit I want in the first 50 orbs. Sometimes I need at least 300 orbs. And I think I haven't the worst luck.
I adapted my playstyle for this and I am an F2P orb stockpiler. I think 770 orbs I have now are quite a number. But I still have to reach 1k and I attempt to have 1,5k until rinkah is released for a chance to +10 her.

Edited by Stroud

HAAAA ha ha ha...!

Listen, have you heard of the bloke who really wanted Bartre, but stopped seeing him soon after?

No? CAUSE THAT BLOKE BE ME!

Really, the moment I want a meme-common unit I never see them again, but then my first pull on the Generals of Muspell banner happens and I get both Helbindi and Laegjarn in the same summoning session, or what I will cite as my best case of luck, summoning Bride Ninian when I only had 3 potential summons and 5 Blue orbs to pick from, ergo I only had 3 chances to get Bride Ninian if she were even in that session.

Which, with +Atk -Def, she was.

Having a mix of fast and slow banners is pretty normal. I've sometimes gotten units I wanted on my free pull, other times needed hundreds of orbs like with Halloween Henry and Valentine's Lyn.

I usually try to stockpile orbs to mitigate that, but stockpiles can disappear fast. Recently, I used about 300 orbs unsuccessfully trying to get CYL Hector at the end of his banner, leaving me with just a handful. Got back up to about 110 over the following week, then spent half of that this morning getting Laevatein. Going to see if I can hold off for the next month or so to build back up.

Good. I had some insane luck this summer, getting both Summer!Tana (+Spd -HP) and Noire (+Atk -Res) in some 150 orbs. I've gotten pretty much all characters I've wanted, though like many I've had quite a few setbacks and bad natures as well. 

My worst banner would probably be me trying to get spring Kagerou - the only ranged physical flier at the time - and needing 260 orbs to do so. 

Of course, right now I've only got 120 orbs and I'm afraid of not getting Flora within my 240 orbs (though I got Ophelia who I was also going for).

The best I've ever got was the only focus unit I cared for on a free summon on a banner. Beyond that, my luck is usually all over the place. Typically if I try REALLY hard on a banner (sometimes 100+ orbs) I can maybe get two focuses off it. Luckiest I think I've been recently was coming of the Braves Banner. I got a Libra, a Myrrh, a BIke, and a Rhajat. As for general pulls? I have bad times (nearly full 3*star sessions full of units useless for SI and that are low tier) and good times (I remember getting barely anything that wasn't good fodder around the second bridal banner).

Edited by Arcphoenix

Pretty good. Most notably Arrival of The Brave banner where  i got both Ephraim and Celica in the very first summon. Then I got two more Celicas (for DB4 fodder), though i would've appreciated getting Hector or Veronica instead.

Other than that I get most of my 5* via off banner drops. Except seasonals, where I get one, maybe two.

Tough question, guess its all subjective. My account is now about 6-7 weeks old and I think I pulled about 35-40 5* units, some units with great or even optimal IV's and just very few -atk IVs. Basically out of orbs right now - the few that are left are tough to get for me atm. So I might call it lucky from that point of view.

On the other hand I had two 4,75% pity rates. One on the summer festival banner and another on the cyl2 banner - that was annoying, especially since it happened within a short period of time. And thas was followed by a 10,50% pity rate on the legendary Marth banner which caused me to buy some orbs, and those paid orbs got me up to a 12% pity rate, which was even more annoying but at least it stopped there. How can one be so unlucky I thought! I felt sort of compelled to buy those orbs, a feeling I didnt like - even worse than doing those assaults and challenges to get another 20orbs together. So I thought maybe I should buy some orbs in advance and avoid those pity rate situations - and got myself the SMALL discount pack and told myself to save up a larger amount of orbs. At first I didnt want to summon for flora and ophelia but since there were so many free orbs coming and I had already accumulated 140 - to cut this story short after a couple of days of grinding assaults and challenges my 5,25% pity rate (didnt see that one coming) was finally broken by a -spd Nina. I was so disappointed that even to this day I didnt level her up. And it definitely told me a lesson to never buy any orbs again - laughable discounts or not. Imo there should be better fail safes, like a guaranteed unit after every 100 orbs

Pretty good overall.  However luck isn't something to count on.  A trap is being having recent good luck and thinking that means you should expect to have it all the time and thus be wasteful with your orbs.  

I've had good luck before though this is usually possible by saving a lot of orbs beforehand for banners that really matter to me.

Recent good luck:
229 orbs got me +Spd/-Res Legend Lyn, 2 Brave Lyns, and 1 Winter Lissa from the July 2018 Legendary Heroes banner.
Getting Takumi via free summon from the Threaten Spd banner (one of the daily banners in the FEH Summer Celebration).
Getting off-focus Celica via free summon from one of the daily banners in the FEH Summer Celebration.
18 orbs got me OG Lyn from the Weapons to Refine banner (one of the daily banners in the FEH Summer Celebration).
~70 orbs got me +Atk/-HP Sword Reinhardt in the August 2018 Legendary Heroes banner.
224 orbs got me off-focus Dorcas and Sanaki and +Atk/-Res yukata Elincia and 2 yukata Micaiah (one of which is +Atk/-Spd) from the Festival in Hoshido banner.
53 orbs got me 3 Brave Lyns from the September 2018 Voting Gauntlet banner.
15 orbs got me an off-focus Azura from the Doorway to Destiny banner.
8 orbs got me a +Atk/-Spd Laegjarn from the Generals of Muspell banner.

Recent bad luck:
Getting off-focus +Atk/-Res Tana, off-focus Azura, and unintended +Def/-Spd Summer Tana before getting a +Atk/-Res Summer Cordelia from the Summer's Arrival banner. Used at least 180 orbs.

25 minutes ago, AL_CHEMIST said:

Imo there should be better fail safes, like a guaranteed unit after every 100 orbs

To be fair, you are guaranteed a 5* after 120 times of not summoning one. Granted, I've never heard of someone being that unlucky. I'd maybe lower it to 100 times or even 50, TBH. 50 is a lot of units~

In the grand scheme of Summoning, 100 Orbs worth of summons isn't all that many, which is why I doubt they'll guarantee something every certain number they're spent. Also because, luck being a factor, if you just generally have good luck and summon a bunch of 5*s while spending very few Orbs, on top of being guaranteed an additional 5* every 100 Orbs, it might be a bit broken.

After the new year banner, I become lucky I think, getting all the characters I want with less than 100 orbs, even some of them with only 20 orbs, like Summer!Innes and Summer!Takumi

The only exception was 8% banner with Summer!Leo. That one was a hell that give me a +5 Ike and +7 Mia before I snatched a good iv Leo... But aside of that...

This year has been lucky in getting characters, sadly most of them come with bad ivs, but I just don't care, I only want to see them in the game

Edited by SniperGYS

It comes and goes, and is often feast or famine.

I've had really good luck on the CYL banners and usually one of each three Legendary banners; I don't do many non-Legendary banner pulls anymore.  I'd say I get a 5* from a freebie pull one in every 10-12 banners, which would be well above expectation.

As I mention in the pulls thread, I've had a run of luck on Legendary banners lately where I end up pulling the same two or three 5* units over and over.  Sometimes this is good (the unit is a good merge or good fodder) and sometimes it's not.  But it's been a weird trend over the summer. 

But that's kinda the nature of the beast, I guess.

All over the place in general, but recently it's been very bipolar. Spring treated me very well, then most of Summer was a huge drought, save for a couple of units that I really wanted, albeit with bad IVs across the board. Currently, it's coming down from the mania that was the Hoshidan Festival and CYL 2 banners, in which I ended up getting 3 of 4 focuses each and a ton of off-focuses in between, some old and many new. Now I'm only getting a couple focuses, all with really decent IVs, but not pouring out of stones like a month ago.

,It varies and usually winds up sideways. It seems that if I have 400+ orbs stockpiled, I do well in summoning (unless I'm pulling from a legendary banner with the exception of Legendary Ike's debut banner, in which case my orbs get eaten and I don't get who I'm pulling for. I think Robins hate me since it took me forever to get Christmas Robin, and I pulled whenever he was featured. FINALLY got him after getting 3 Hardins and 2 Fjorms (of course she never comes to me when I'm pulling for her, but as soon as I switch targets, she gets in the way) the last time those three were the featured 5 stars together. Then I fed him to my Ephraim for the tannenboom, but I'd love to pull him again so I can have one to keep. Also, last legendary banner, Legendary Robin ate 200-400 orbs and never showed up. Brave Lyn wouldn't leave me alone, though. Think I pulled other stuff, too, but I don't recall. Ah, wait, I also happened to get a really good Kinshi Hinoka. That was cool, but not what I was aiming for. I need more of her for skill fodder, though. I kept trying to pull for Gunnthra for a while, but eventually gave up. If she happens to show up, yay. But, well... Only legendaries I have are Ike and Fjorm. Trying for Legendary Robin again this upcoming banner, but I'll also pull green, most likely.) But I liked summer Innes' wyvern, so I decided on a whim to spend a little bit and see if I got him. Got him a couple pulls in, I think. During the Festival in Hoshido event, I tried to pull Ryouma, but I got 2 Xanders instead (blue orbs would not show up.) I think Xanders like me or something since I got a few of them around Christmas time, too. (Dude must've been cold, since this was obviously swimsuit Xander on Legendary Ike's banner. That still amuses me.) Only Xander I don't have is bunny Xander, but this collection just sort of happened on accident, so... I also got Myrrh on (I think) the Festival in Hoshido. I was planning to get her eventually, so getting her there kind of surprised me. Not an ideal nature, but I'm ok with this for now.

So, yeah. Luck fluctuates, and turns up sideways more often than I think it does for most people.

Edit: Ah, but the first banner I pulled hard on was Ephraim's debut banner. I was on my last orbs when I got him, right before the event ended. Still one of my most fond memories as a summoner.

Edited by Mercakete

I'm generally pretty lucky, and have managed to get almost all of the units I've really wanted without spending any money. There are some notable exceptions of course, especially with specific banners where I couldn't summon shit (Legendary Marth), but I'm pretty happy with my record so far.