How's your luck in Heroes?

GreatKnightEcho

It varies a lot. At times I get the focus units pretty quickly (although their natures are another story) but other times it takes me a long time to get only 1 unit from the banner.

Doesn't help that right now I'm stuck in pity breaker hell, I get a ton of 5* units fast but none of them are focus units. This has been going for like 3~4 banners now. 

I'd say I'm rather lucky overall.

My pityrate in 3% banners never has surpassed 4% yet which is really good overall. And I usually don't pull that many pitybreakers. For example I was extremly lucky when I pulled Lewyn in my first circle with the only green orb. (Haven't even expected to see a green orb)

In Legendary Banners my luck is very mixed. On the one hand there was the LHector banner which gave me eight 5* units with less than 100 orbs (including three LHectors in a row). And on the other hand there were LLyn and LLucina banner where I needed ~150 orbs to pull my very first 5* unit.

In terms of natures I've been on a +atk roll lately since LHector's banner. 75% of my units have been +atk.

For the first half-a-year or so, my luck was absolutely horrific - perhaps the most telling thing about it was that I was pretty much only able to field one 5-star unit that I actually pulled at that rarity (Nowi) for the first few months. The culmination was the Nohrian summer banner, where I spent the entire month of orbs to get Summer Corrin.

Then things magically flipped around. I did get Corrin on the final day of that banner, the only 5-star unit I got on that banner. Then immediately got a free-pull Amelia on her intro banner than ended on the same day - I didn't even use the free summon until the final day because I was 100% dedicated to getting Corrin. Then got Brave Roy third pull into CYL, a free Ephraim, and a hat-trick on the Tellius banner where I pulled all three focus units in three consecutive orbs. September 2017 was probably the peak of my luck.

I would say since then that my luck has been steadily diminishing back to the mean. The rest of 2017 was reasonably kind to me, but 2018 got progressively worse, and the nadir was when I got a total of zero summer seasonal units despite spending the best part of two months of orbs on them. The 5-star rate hasn't been bad as such, but until this last month with Veronica and Lewyn, I hadn't been getting units worth using.

I'd say below average with some gaps of surprisingly good luck. I usually need 200+ orbs to get a focus unit I want, which is above the average amount in most cases. I regularly get up to 4.5-5% before seeing any 5* at all. I'm astonished if I ever get anything before 4%. My IV luck is pretty mixed, as one would expect, but I tend to have waves of really bad IVs happen sometimes That happened during the bride banner where I actually got a lot of 5*s in about 200 orbs, including all the brides, but they all turned out -atk or -spd. That was a  bummer. My worst run in my whole time playing had to be getting 3 +hp -spd S.Corrins in a row last year, 2 of which were from me buying orb packs to try and fix the first. Luckily that's not always how it is, but those moments still sting when they do.

My biggest struggle has been getting desired units for fodder/merge projects. It took me a year to amass the Cordelias needed to +10 her even though I pulled constantly from blue, a year before I ever got even one 4* Kagero, months to see a 4* Legault after his demotion when I wanted Atk Tactic, I almost never get Hinatas from red, my Soleil has been stuck at +5 since early summer, etc. If I could punch Wrys, Seth and the others that always seem to show up instead.

My luck's been alright since around mid-summer this year. I've still had to spend a lot of orbs and I missed out on a few units I wanted, but overall I got most of them, and with decent IVs for the most part too. The biggest issue lately has been the sheer number of banners I've been interested, leaving not much chance to save up orbs for a batter shot at certain things. I sure picked a rough time to not spend more money on the game. (stopped after spending too much to fail at getting Bride Charlotte in June)

When it comes to summoning, I feel like I got little luck. I rarely get 5* units early in my sessions, but at least I can say I was able to pull a lot of fun units. And sometimes the luck found me on the last day of the banners, which feels amazing. Merge projects are still dreams.

I had some decent luck over the past few months (it helps that I rarely summon so I don't have many opportunities to let good or bad luck "accumulate"), but yesterday I spent 700+ Orbs for Laegjarn. I had ten pitybreakers and eventually got a +Res/-Spd one. In other words, the worst possible IVs she can have.

Basically yesterday tipped my scales directly towards "has rotten luck" and I have been scarred for life with regards to pulling on Red, especially when it has multiple focus units. Thanks for letting me vent!

Edited by DefyingFates

I’d say my luck is better than average with some moments of really awful luck. 

For the most part, I usually don’t exceed 4%. I get the units I want with varying IVs (which as of late are excellent *knocks on wood*) without too much trouble. If there’s an off-focus pull, it’s usually early enough to not be a pitybreaker. However, I had a couple experiences where my luck was subpar to abysmal. I remember trying for Ishtar, which I believe ended in a pitybreak initially, and on my second attempt it reached around 4.50% before I got two Ishtar with poor IVs. The most recent legendary banner wasn’t kind to me either. Out of the roughly 300 orbs I put down for Marth, I only got 4 5*s which did not include Marth himself. While I did get a great sword Reinhardt for the first time, overall the banner was a disappointment. The worst in recent memory was when I was trying to get Summer Tana, and our of the theee attempts it had me going to 4.50% and 5.00%. Worst of all, they were all pitybreakers and I missed on her entirely. Grrrr. 

Otherwise, I’ve been pretty blessed, and I’m thankful that I’ve gotten the units that I did.  

I think I’m usually reasonably lucky. I’ve had the occasional banner where I get one or two characters I really really want, and other banners where I dump tons of orbs and get two Sabers... and nothing else.

Definitely painful when that happens, so I’ve been trying to curb my expectations lately.

I've played this game since launch, regularly and only have 55 5*'s. (which im pretty sure is low, but I could be wrong)

I spent around 80 orbs on the legendary Marth banner(enough to get 11% pity) and got no 5*'s.

Edited by Tuvy

Pulled 3 LA!Roys on the Valentine's banner. I've never been anywhere near as lucky since. As well, nearly half of my 5* characters have a -Atk IV.

That +2 Roy has been with me through thick and thin and serves as a reminder of luckier times after pulling my 48539th 3* Bartre from the L!Marth banner.

Also burned 160 Orbs on the Summer's Arrival banner for the sake of Tana. Got pitybroke by Leif. Twice (although it was kind worth it since Leif now carries me through all the TTs).

I've been pretty lucky in the past. I'd say the Love Abounds banner was my worst, and it took forever to get LA!Lyn. I got so many pitybreakers... But after that, my luck was pretty average. I even had a patch of luck that was SUPER lucky. Free summon 5 stars. Easy YOLO 5 stars. But since the Brave Banner, my luck has been terrible. 

Up to 5.75% two times. Tons of pitybreakers. I got the units I wanted with terrible natures after spending hundreds upon hundreds of orbs. And basically every banner after that has been the same. I've casually spent and have only really managed to get the same few pitybreakers: Minerva and Eldigan. I got another Minerva from the Muspell banner, and now I'm up to 4.25%... 

The gatcha is fickle. And it feels bad since I started playing another gatcha game recently that guarantees you the focus unit after a certain number of pulls + another banner unit of your choice. I think I'm only a little jaded about FEH because I got spoiled. 

Had really bad lucks the first year I played.. Like only a few 5 heroes. Then I don't remember when it changed, but I almost got every legendary quite quickly (except Lucina). And at Zelgius's banner I got them all quickly and it was like.. Wow what happened xD

One time, I got 4 5 stars in a row ; that was amazing. 

I'm happy enough with my luck, except in legendary banners (so far, for the two legendary heroes I seriously pulled for, it took 600 orbs each).

I remember Spring Chrom, Summer Innes, Lewyn, Shiro, Zelgius, Dancing Xander and Innes taking a while to come to me... Oh and Eldigan with all my pity breaking Ayras (depends how you define luck on many of these - Chrom, Innes and Eldigan, as well as the legendary banners, gave me many 5*s but not the ones I wanted, even though many were really good).

My best luck was still the Thracia banner - First circle was a wash for colours. Then I pulled the entirety of the next circle to get four 5*s, although not the one I most wanted. I then tried the next circle, which was another wash. Then a fourth and got the 5* I was going for. My luck will never beat that. I was also very lucky in the original dancers banner.

So yeah, overall, I'd say I normally get who I'm going for and my luck is above average ^.^

...Just don't ask me when I'm going for a legendary hero ¬¬

I thought i was Lucky when i got Myrrh pretty easily. 
then it took forever (and me buying a pack of orbs) to get ONE Lewyn. 
and then considering how you look at it, i was either REALLY lucky on performing arts with a whole set of Performing Arts focus (icluding an extra Inigo), but it took FOREVER to get Axeura and buying a TONNE of orbs to close that deal

leaving me with zero orbs for the unit i want the most
Flying Nino :(

My luck is definitely below average most of the time, as it always is with everything that involves getting something at random. I almost always need quite a lot of orbs to pull the units I want, I often don't get them until about the end of the banner, and I also often don't get them at all.

My worst luck is with Innes, who I've tried to get on every banner he's appeared on and still don't have him. Other regular units I didn't manage to get on their first banner: Soleil, Elincia, and F!Morgan.

My luck with seasonal banners is either the best or the worst. I either get the unit I want on the free pull (happened with Winter Lissa and Valentine Hector) or I don't get them at all, despite spending all the orbs I had and got during that whole month (happened with PA!Azura, PA!Inigo, H!Jakob, NY!Takumi, and Bride Ninian).

Legendary banners are literally 50/50 for me. I successfully pulled the units I wanted 7 times and I also failed to get them 7 times. I do mostly only get one 5* out of it, while my friends often pull like three -_-

My IV luck is also 50/50, the amount of units I use with their best IVs is about the same as the units with their worst IVs. Also tend to pull neutrals quite often, which is cool.

The best luck streak I ever had was July this year, where I got Young Summer Tiki, YT!Olivia, Maribelle, Ninian, Katarina, Nephenee, and Lene all in one month. I got Tiki and YT!Olivia on the first day of the banner, got YT!Olivia and Maribelle in the same summoning session, and Nephenee and Katarina in the same session too. It was insane. Sadly it went straight downhill after that again. Got a bit of luck in August by pulling two Jaffars on the daily banners but now in September I haven't pulled a single thing I wanted :(

Right now, it's on the down-turn.  I stop after a single 5*, and so far, it's taken a while to get that 5*.  I'm at less than 20 orbs, and there's a legendary hero banner coming up.  I might skip this one, since I really need some sort of savings.

Good luck: Usually, I get what I want eventually, but my best luck was on Nohrian Summer (all of the focus units, including 1 extra Xander and 2 extra Leos), and Micaiah's debut banner, where my free summon was a +Res/-HP Micaiah.

On the other hand...

Spoiler

8OxFntt.png

Even after like 750 orbs sniping colorless on banners with him.  First run I got off banner 4-5 4 times (Camilla, Reinhardt, Jeorge, and Rebecca, of those I already had Rein and Rebecca 5*'d with better natures), 1 off banner 5 (Rhajat, who I'm still debating who to give Distant Defense from since I'm not very fond of her), and VLilina.  Legendary got me 3 FGrimas and 3 Elises.  

Sorry if this sounds braggy(guess it is sorry bois), but I feel I have great luck. Ive gotten a great amount of 5 stars from free summons, for example a +spd -res Ayra and my favorite, +atk        -spd Ike

But ya Im very glad to be blessed by the gatcha Gods and my prayers go out to you and hope all of you dont get pity broken

To quote myself, "Well, I spent all my orbs. I am now at 12%, didn't pull anything above a 4*, and no new units." Yep. Legendary banner luck is holding up. XD