oie_transparent(4).png

Stats

HP: 43/46/49

Atk: 33/36/39

Spd: 29/32/35

Def: 21/24/28

Res: 16/19/22

Introduction

Staying true to her Fates counterpart, her stats have a very "Fighter" class-like appeal to them. The way you see it, is generally how she's going to play out. And while 32 Spd is pretty much the definition of average, she does have room to play with it without being heavily detrimental.

Packing 36 Atk, it may come of no surprise that she's basically entitled to a Brave > Death Blow setup. It's simple, straightforward and tends to get the job done. Even with this modern meta, I find she's one of the few that holds that kind of setup- and I might even say it stays up to date, with the latest addition of skills like Death Blow 4, Special Spiral, Odd Atk Wave, etc.

One of her other small nichés is her fairly high HP. She can consistently Panic Ploy a lot of characters (maybe even some Armoured units) or go for Infantry Pulse team support- or both, actually.

Preferential IVs

+Atk/-anything

To me, +Atk is her best IV. It fully plays to her strongest advantage, it pretty much holds monopoly to one setup (Brave > Death Blow) and it's just overall the most straightforward. And since she's likely going for said setup, she pretty much doesn't care about any other stat bar Atk, making it very flexible in terms of IVs (though you sacrifice Panic Ploying for this).

Not only that, but she's so strong she can even do ridiculous feats like onerounding something like Armoured Grima on a cover tile with Wards.

+Spd/-Res

This may seem fairly self-explanatory to most people. With +Spd, it's not hard to build her into a traditional glasscanon. Coupled with her great Atk, you're free to do the maths.

Actually runs the Windsweep build pretty solidly (we'll get to that).

+Def/-Res

The black sheep among her IVs. Why would a 24 Def unit wants this? Turns out, her +Def is a superboon of 28. 28 Def may not seem like much, but it's after a good setup where she really gets going with this one. 

It's weird too, because it pretty much plays into her refine. She also comes with Threaten Atk, which is almost as if she actually wants to tank...

Brave > Death Blow [Budget + Non-Budget]

Weapon_Brave_Lance_Plus.png?version=39fc

As someone who's had a -Atk Charlotte for about a year, you can tell the kind of entuthiasm I have towards this kind of build. I just really enjoy how straightforward it is and gets the job done. It throws pretty much every other stat that isn't Atk out the window, and even Lancebreaker users aren't entirely safe (I see you, Reinhardt).

Once I did actually get it, I really enjoy how powerful she can be with it. She can even goes as far as to consistently oneround most counter-triangle threats.

The build in itself is simple. Brave Lance, Death Blow and something like Hit N' Run, Dragback or Weapon Breaker. I couple this with either Heavy Blade or Atk +3. It's worth mentioning, that if she isn't +Atk, chances are she'll need an Atk buff to be able to pull of Heavy Blade consistently. Hell, Chill Def might not be such a bad idea.

so the non-budget part

- Wrath_3.png?version=ff0b1281fa03a55994cb

- Special_Spiral_3.png?version=425280d937d

- Odd_Atk_Wave_3.png?version=233066d18eb59

- Def_Smoke_3.png?version=ce404d446d4826cd

- Death_Blow_4.png?version=930d2f0a1478af0

My Charlotte runs this with Wrath and Heavy Blade (seal). This allows possibilities for a powerful oneround Moonbow/Glimmer, Luna/Draconic Aura (after Wrath kicks in) or stuff like Dragon Fang (kills countertriangle). Special Spiral would allow her to pretty much proc Dragon Fang every single battle, if she has Heavy Blade. Odd Atk Wave isn't all that necessary, but it's really nice to self-buff when you lack Atk Tactic.

As to Def Smoke,  it can synergise especially well with something like Brash Assault > Desperation and Galeforce.

Death Blow 4 is virtually all the above, but stronger (duh?)

Giant Spoon, +Spd [Windsweep; Non-Budget]

Weapon_First_Bite_Plus.png?version=c3acb24px-Speed_Plus_W.png?version=08be8d943a

The idea on this one is to make use of her +Spd nature to consistently buff herself and debuff her opponents with the help of Windsweep. The Smoke-skills can be of your choosing, but I go with Atk+Spd Smokes, since they are the most accesible.

As to her A-slot, you're going to want to push her Spd as much as you can. I might just go with Wind Boost on this one, but stuff like Darting Blow allows her to consistently work on it without having to worry about her HP (Wind Boost can be active on Enemy Phase, however). Hones aren't out of the picture, so you can still mix in stuff like Hone Spd with Fury for better performance all around.

One thing to note, however... it's not effective against Dragons, Colourless and Mages, so keep that in mind.

The Incredible BULK, +Def [Budget + Non-Budget]

Weapon_First_Bite_Plus.png?version=c3acb24px-Speed_Plus_W.png?version=08be8d943a24px-Defense_Plus_W.png?version=ef5ac082

+Spd Refine

The +Spd refine is more of a mixed-phase approach. Going for a +Spd refine and a Spd +3 Seal and Fury pushes her just over 40 Spd. While it may not seem like much, it's about enough to consistently double a lot of Arena threats (namely, Armours and Dragons).

It's a pretty solid mix of Spd & Def, and especially ones the refine effect kicks, and especially with Atk Smoke.

+Def Refine

Like her +Spd refine, you're free to choose whatever mix of those you wish to maximise on. Since there aren't all that many budget A-slots that boost both Spd and Def, I simply tend to go with Fury. You can mix that with Renewal and Reciprocal aid so you can add a QR seal on top of it. This allows her to be a decent bit of a tank, but just fast enough to avoid a handful of doubles.

And she still hits hard.

Steady_Breath.png?version=a2c83415394547

I mean...Steady Breath, Aether, QR. You know the drill. It's not very creative, but it just works. On top of her +Def superboon, the refine and over 50 HP and good Atk, she's just as good as anyone else with it.

You can mix either Guard or Wrath for B-slots. Wrath is good with stuff like Sol since she'll heal and maintain QR, or Guard to cover universal matchups.

Armourslayer [Budget; General]

Weapon_Slaying_Spear_Plus.png?version=2e

Very, very straightforward and fairly universal weapon to be running at this point. With tons of Armours running around, this is her weapon against them.

The thing that might set her apart from other heroes is her high Atk. Her Spd is just about right, too. She will double oneround a lot of Armours. You're likely going to be running this with any Atk & Spd-boosting A-slot (L&D for me, for it's accesibility). Heavy Spd investment (Refine, L&D, Seal) get her to 43 Spd at neutral, and that's pretty much all she needs.

This is especially effective when you're running it with Heavy Blade, granted she's sacrificing the extra Spd.

There's probably some more to cover, but I feel this is the important stuff as well as knowledge from my own experience. I recognise I don't fully outline the whole build for these at times, but that's also because I only cover the basis for them and leave the reader with their own version.

She was essentially my favourite character up until Libra, and even then, she's still very important to me. I really enjoy playing her.

Edited by Junkhead