Thought Experiment: Florina Solo - Possible?

DragonFlames

52 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Exactly what it says in the title: Taking Lyn Mode into account, would it be possible to solo FE7 using only Florina (except for the chapters where she isn't present, obviously)?

What do you think?

I think it's a definite possibility, though it absolutely requires her getting defence blessed because of how many enemies are going for physical attacks.

She has enough speed base and growth that she'll be fine with con, that and her luck help with dodging and while her strength isn't exception it doesn't really have to be outside of HHM to deal with all but the axe classes. The Lyn mode stat boosters include an angelic robe, which is a big boost to bulk and the energy ring also is good for her.

I'm not 100% on this, this is just me thinking briefly on this but I could see Florina doing so.

44 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I think it's a definite possibility, though it absolutely requires her getting defence blessed because of how many enemies are going for physical attacks.

She has enough speed base and growth that she'll be fine with con, that and her luck help with dodging and while her strength isn't exception it doesn't really have to be outside of HHM to deal with all but the axe classes. The Lyn mode stat boosters include an angelic robe, which is a big boost to bulk and the energy ring also is good for her.

I'm not 100% on this, this is just me thinking briefly on this but I could see Florina doing so.

Yeah, her physical durability might become an issue, especially later on and against some bosses like Linus and the fabulous brothers in the desert chapter.
I think one of the "worst" parts is that her class prevents you from getting any kind of terrain bonus that someone like Marcus, Lowen or Hector could get, so you'd have to rely on her natural avoidance a lot. Then, there are also the abundance of bow units, especially later on. Though it's only double might instead of triple might in the GBA games, getting a Steel Bow to the face still hurts and I don't know if / when you can get anything like the Iote's Shield (I don't know what the item is actually called in the GBA games).

The main issue is that she'll have to deal with a lot of enemy attacks, with very few doing a massive amount outside of the late game and some of the other bosses.

The Delphi shield is gotten during Battle Before Dawn, which makes it more difficult because there's plenty to want already with the Brave Lance and the Boots. I still think Eliwood mode should be doable though.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

The main issue is that she'll have to deal with a lot of enemy attacks, with very few doing a massive amount outside of the late game and some of the other bosses.

The Delphi shield is gotten during Battle Before Dawn, which makes it more difficult because there's plenty to want already with the Brave Lance and the Boots. I still think Eliwood mode should be doable though.

Oh dear Lord Almighty...

Another question is how fast you can level her up and when to promote her, as well. I think since we're only using her, we can assume all stat-boosters will automatically go to her, so maybe an early promotion might actually prove fruitful, since that way, she can at least gain an advantage over any axe wielding units.

She can't promote until New Resolve, by which time, she should easily be lv 20 on a solo. Getting all the statboosters will really help too. At 20/1, she'll be 19/16 for Spd and Lck, which isn't too far off from total dodgetanking as a possibility. Getting a Body Ring will fix her Con a little too, letting her use normal weaponry better without losing precious avoid. With the Dracoshield and Angelic Robe, she'll be 40/10 defensively, with 16 Str from the Energy Ring.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She can't promote until New Resolve, by which time, she should easily be lv 20 on a solo. Getting all the statboosters will really help too. At 20/1, she'll be 19/16 for Spd and Lck, which isn't too far off from total dodgetanking as a possibility. Getting a Body Ring will fix her Con a little too, letting her use normal weaponry better without losing precious avoid. With the Dracoshield and Angelic Robe, she'll be 40/10 defensively, with 16 Str from the Energy Ring.

That does sound pretty solid, if I do say so myself.