Castlevania Requiem

Dai

Seems a neat little collection, but it is a shame that it's PS4-exclusive. At least it'll be pretty nifty to have. Hopefully there's more additions than just the base-game. I think the PSP Symphony had like additional modes and whatnot?

Provided this is reasonably priced I may pick this up so I can finally play Rondo of Blood. I had the opportunity as the Wii Shop Channel was shutting down but I had no idea it was a TurboGrafx game. The Wikipedia page ought to have said that instead of "PC Engine" or I would have had that release of the game years ago. As great of a game as SotN is, I've never felt an urge to replay it and already picked it up for my Xbox 360 which I think is the most modern release of that game commercially available. With how many accolades SotN gets, that should paint a picture of just how unreasonable Konami has been about making their Castlevania catalogue available for modern systems. A proper "Castlevania Collection" should have been in the works for years. 

Glad this is coming out before Halloween. Helps me to forgive the short size of just two games. The PS4 exclusivity is definitely a head scratcher. Like I said in the Smash Bros discussion thread these two games can be seen as a "Richter n' Alucard Starter Pack". It just seems tailor-made for Switch owners hyped for the newcomers in Smash.

Pretty amazing that they called it "Requiem" of all things. Not exactly a name that gives good vibes when people are having zero faith in the franchise's caretaker.

Of course unless Konami finds a way to put microtransactions into that game, I suppose this should be fairly inoffensive release.

It seems alright. The Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP still seems like the better deal if you ask me. You get a remake, the original Rondo of Blood, and Symphony of the Night, all in one package. It's also portable, which is a plus. You have to find the orignal RoB and SotN in the remake portion of the game, but it's really not all that bad.

On Amazon, the cheapest you could get a used PSP is around $64 and The Dracula X Chronicles you can get for around $35 at cheapest, I think.