September's Legendary Hero - Tiki: Legendary Dragon

Fire Emblem Fan

Easy skip, full pull and duck out of the banner. I'd rather save orbs for later Legend banners and for getting a Helbindi for a Soren project.

I was going to gun for Legend Hector if MGrima was also present, but he's not, so I can safely save orbs for the next time LHector/LTiki are on banner with a desirable 175 bst prf armors next to them. Should have over 1k~1.5k orbs by then hopefully.

Likewise, I must skip going ham for LTiki thanks to no Hardin or CYL2 Hector present next to her. On top of that, I already have a Spring Catria rotting in the barracks, and I was blocked by a Micaiah pitybreak (already owned an optimal +atk from her original banner) on the CYL2 banner. Good thing I didn't merge up my Legend Ikes yet, LTiki will now take his place as the long term Earth Legend project.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Easy skip, full pull and duck out of the banner. I'd rather save orbs for later Legend banners and for getting a Helbindi for a Soren project.

I was going to gun for Legend Hector if MGrima was also present, but he's not, so I can safely save orbs for the next time LHector/LTiki are on banner with a desirable 175 bst prf armors next to them. Should have over 1k~1.5k orbs by then hopefully.

Likewise, I must skip going ham for LTiki thanks to no Hardin or CYL2 Hector present next to her. On top of that, I already have a Spring Catria rotting in the barracks, and I was blocked by a Micaiah pitybreak (already owned an optimal +atk from her original banner) on the CYL2 banner. Good thing I didn't merge up my Legend Ikes yet, LTiki will now take his place as the long term Earth Legend project.

Me, too. I am saving for Flying Nowi, halloween is close. I don't like armored units anyway.

Why is Divine Dragon Waifu earth? With Mist Breath, water would make more sense, not to mention we got three earth legendaries this banner. Oh well, I think this banner is pretty solid with Cathria, Sharena, and Jaffar being the only duds there. Besides, I wouldn’t mind an extra BIke, VIke, and evil dragon waifu either; plus I’d like to welcome LHector to my roster as well

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'm surprised this isn't adult Tiki. Huh. Young Tiki is cute to me, but I have no orbs, and I'm no fan of armors anyway. I'll go blue on the free pull tho.

Young Tiki is arguably more iconic than her adult self, being among the first manaketes in the series and being undoubtedly more useful than Bantu whereas adult Tiki, as much as I like her, didn't really do anything notable in Awakening except be a nice callback that is optional to recruit. I think there was also some official anniversary art some years ago where young Tiki was featured alongside other lords, so all that probably indicates why she's held at a higher regard.

2 hours ago, Garlyle said:

I uuuuh... run some numbers on my Google Sheets. And if the predictions are correct and Tiki is a Gen 2 Armored Trainee, she can have 47 starting stats with 305% total growth rate by gamepedia stat growths. Which potentially can result in 179 BST

For the record, the highest BST so far was around 175.

179 - 45 (which is known from her HP) is 134 split between all other stats, and we are expecting a low speed for her. This is troubling. 45/40/20/42/32 is a possible spread for Lv.40 with 17/10/5/9/6 bases and 65/70/35/75/60 growths.

EDIT: 19/9/4/9/6 stats and 60/75/35/75/60 growth reached 180 BST(45/42/19/42/32)

She's guaranteed to have 34 Atk and either 29 or 34 Res.

See my calculations:

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Wait Astra is 2.5 of damage, Blazing is 1x of attack damage from standard attack + 1.5 damage of the AOE itself. Isnt it the same damage wise? Unless you count them as separate

Right. Scratch all of that since I'm more awake now.

When comparing Blazing skills and Astra, the biggest problem with Blazing skills is the fact that they can only activate when initiating combat. This means two things. First, Blazing skills are restricted to player phase and can therefore only be used once per player action. Second, it makes it nearly impossible to activate a Blazing skill on the very first round of combat.

The second issue is the primary deal breaker for me as it means you either need to be named Ophelia or have a lot of first-turn Special charge support (Infantry Pulse, etc.) in order to make use of your Special on the first round of combat. Ares and Eldigan also have the additional disadvantage that they are cavalry, meaning they can only benefit from Ostia's Pulse and Quickened Pulse.

And one more thing I didn't remember about last night: Wrath has one other advantage over Special Spiral. You can always stall an extra turn or two to recharge a longer Special after the first round of combat whereas you cannot with Special Spiral.

25 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i've been seeing this a lot. (like general, armor units = yuck)
how come?

They have only 1 movement range without Armored Boots or Armor March. It makes them difficult to use on player phase if you don't have access to those skills, and enemy-phase skills (Distant Counter, Stance skills, Breath skills, Quick Riposte 3, etc.) are more expensive and harder to come by.

Edited by Ice Dragon

50 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I think I'll cal legendary Tiki Uriniki. That palette is horrendous

Dunno about Famincon, but Book II of Mystery of the Emblem was of that color. However, they’ve just palette swapped her Shadow Dragon form, instead of at least adding the mane on her chest 

latest?cb=20160925015837

it’s the left one

20 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i've been seeing this a lot. (like general, armor units = yuck)
how come?

Maybe because it takes effort to work their weaknesses. You don’t find skills that mitigate their main weaknesses: speed and mobility, just laying around, not to mention they are usually carried by other competent units as well

4 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Dunno about Famincon, but Book II of Mystery of the Emblem was of that color. However, they’ve just palette swapped her Shadow Dragon form, instead of at least adding the mane on her chest 

latest?cb=20160925015837

it’s the left one

Maybe because it takes effort to work their weaknesses. You don’t find skills that mitigate their main weaknesses: speed and mobility, just laying around, not to mention they are usually carried by other competent units as well

How is it that the SNES version looks better? Damn, I mean, it looks much much better than Uriniki

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They have only 1 movement range without Armored Boots or Armor March. It makes them difficult to use on player phase if you don't have access to those skills, and enemy-phase skills (Distant Counter, Stance skills, Breath skills, Quick Riposte 3, etc.) are more expensive and harder to come by.

12 minutes ago, Midnox said:

latest?cb=20160925015837

it’s the left one

ahh i see. 
yah it tends to get tedious. :) but slow and steady ;) 
(no seriously thanks for answering the questions y'all). 

Aw man I only have about 30 orbs and was planning to go full on for L!Hector and then they give me adorable legendary dragon Tiki :'( Might actually spend money on this banner, I want DC really badly (having failed to get it on the previous two Hector banners) and I also really want poncho Tiki. As for the rest:

Red: Easy skip, don't care for any of these units or their skills.

Blue: Ugh it sucks that Tiki shares her colour with Micaiah (I still haven't found a way to fodder the one I already have) and Spring Catria (ew). It's almost a reason to just skip this colour but I really do want Tiki badly.

Green: L!Hector is another chance for DC for Soleil/Summer Tikini and wouldn't mind more B!Ikes either for Aether/Steady Breath fodder. Spring Shareena is another ew (I really don't care for the spring units ok) but at least it's just only one unit I don't want.

Colorless: Oh please next to legendary Tiki they put Jaffar on this banner too??? I need 8 more to +10 mine, not to mention I still need one with good IVs :'( DC and Tiki have higher priority though, so I guess I'll skip this colour. Already got a Maribelle too and don't care for L!Robin at all.

Slightly off-topic but what are the blessings projected to be for October through March?

12 hours ago, riccochet said:

Divide the tikis in her adult and young forms...

Nah. That's like saying FE7 Karel or FE6 Bartre wouldn't count because of the 20-year difference in age. It just doesn't work. There's now FIVE variants of Tiki, just like there's FIVE of Lyn and Lucina. And there's nothing wrong with that, I'm just surprised Tiki is the next hero to reach that threshold and not someone like Camilla.

What do you think about Tiki being an armoured unit? Do you think she fits the definition of an armoured unit due to being a bulky dragon? Personally I don't because dragons are in general supposed to be very durable and have their own separate category compared to armoured units. No reason why this Tiki is armoured but the other Mankettes including other Tikis are not. This isn't even a silly seasonal to justify silly categorization. 

2 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Young Tiki is arguably more iconic than her adult self, being among the first manaketes in the series and being undoubtedly more useful than Bantu whereas adult Tiki, as much as I like her, didn't really do anything notable in Awakening except be a nice callback that is optional to recruit. I think there was also some official anniversary art some years ago where young Tiki was featured alongside other lords, so all that probably indicates why she's held at a higher regard.

Yeah, that's all true.

2 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Incorrect. Young Tiki did even LESS than adult Tiki. Young Tiki in Shadow Dragon was nothing more than Gharnef's guard hound, and in New Mystery, she just had some lore explained for her very existence to tie into the backstory of the dragons' decline, but ultimately, Tiki herself was not truly involved in any plot. Whereas Adult Tiki is the one that gives the lore the backstory in Awakening, explaining how the functions of the Fire Emblem changed, and is holding onto one of the Gemstones, and warning the danger that Grima is slowly awakening more and more. 

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

That's like saying FE7 Karel or FE6 Bartre wouldn't count because of the 20-year difference in age.

Which is perfectly reasonable to do. The break-off point where the same person can count as multiple characters due to an age difference is somewhat subjective. This can also depend on other factors, like continuity across the age gap.

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Personally I don't because dragons are in general supposed to be very durable and have their own separate category compared to armoured units.

"Dragon" is a weapon type, not a movement type, and therefore the two are not mutually exclusive. It makes just as much sense to have an infantry dragon as it does to have a flying dragon or an armored dragon, especially because all of the infantry dragons do count as infantry.

36 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Slightly off-topic but what are the blessings projected to be for October through March?

Nah. That's like saying FE7 Karel or FE6 Bartre wouldn't count because of the 20-year difference in age. It just doesn't work. There's now FIVE variants of Tiki, just like there's FIVE of Lyn and Lucina. And there's nothing wrong with that, I'm just surprised Tiki is the next hero to reach that threshold and not someone like Camilla.

Karel definitely went through a lot of changes regarding personality. Sword Saint would be justified as a separate character as that's a totally different Karel. It's like turban Hardin and our Hardin. Bartre does have more wisdom in Binding, but he's pretty much the same. No reason to have a Blazing version of him as we already have a goofy fighter we adore. But it is interesting to consider at what point do we consider the same character to be different different. Maybe it's subjective. Definitely

There's just that much of a difference between the personalities to justify saying both Tikis are both their own characters. Tho, Tiki's representation is one of those Robin type of deals for the community with that not everyone agrees with us ending up with, what I guess is, a fissure in the community right now

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

According to this datamine post on Reddit this is what the legendary elements currently look for the future. Though IS has change the future element order once and could potentially change it again. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9de7aj/future_seasons_have_been_changed_in_version_290/

October: Water, is going to be wielding a red weapon, highly likely to be a red bow

November: Water, new colorless hero so the complaints about L!Robin will finally stop

December: Wind, could be green or colorless but probably green though

January: Wind

February: Fire

Edited by NSSKG151

7 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

According to this datamine post on Reddit this is what the legendary elements currently look for the future. Though IS has change the future element order once and could potentially change it again. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9de7aj/future_seasons_have_been_changed_in_version_290/

October: Water, is going to be wielding a red weapon, highly likely to be a red bow

November: Water, new colorless hero so the complaints about L!Robin will finally stop

December: Wind, could be green or colorless but probably green though

January: Wind

February: Fire

I dont think associating any of the elements with a color/weapon makes any sense, it could be anything that isnt locked by a returning legendary. We know the colors of the next 2 months. We could very well get a water sword wielding unit or whatever.

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I dont think associating any of the elements with a color/weapon makes any sense, it could be anything that isnt locked by a returning legendary. We know the colors of the next 2 months. We could very well get a water sword wielding unit or whatever.

We already know all of the elements through February from the datamine of the season schedule.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, Midnox said:

latest?cb=20160925015837

it’s the left one

I'm kind of disappointed they didn't do a brand new dragon sprite using her Book 2 version.  They are usually pretty exceptional at recreating the original dragon sprites in Heroes.  

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

I am merely making a prediction of what future legendary heroes could be based on facts we already know. We already know Ephraim, Lyn and Robin are coming back in October so the new heroes' color has to be red. My prediction is they will wield a red bow but they could also end up being a red sword, red tome, red dagger or if IS really want to be ballsy introduce a red staff.

In November we have Ryoma, Lucina and Gunnthra so the new hero has to be colorless. The weapon could be anything though.

In December all we know is that Marth and Fjorm are returning that month. We don't have any confirmation yet that Hector, Lyn, Gunnthra, Robin or November's Colorless Legendary are returning in December so all we know right now is December's Legendary could be a green or colorless unit but I am guessing green because I don't believe they would introduce two colorless heroes in a row but who knows I may be wrong like I usually am.