September's Legendary Hero - Tiki: Legendary Dragon

Fire Emblem Fan

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Dragon" is a weapon type, not a movement type, and therefore the two are not mutually exclusive. It makes just as much sense to have an infantry dragon as it does to have a flying dragon or an armored dragon, especially because all of the infantry dragons do count as infantry.

I'm well aware of that but what justifies Tiki being an armoured dragon lore, gameplay or design wise? The only explanation is that dragons are bulky but that applies to most dragons including previous versions of Tiki. 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I'm well aware of that but what justifies Tiki being an armoured dragon lore, gameplay or design wise? The only explanation is that dragons are bulky but that applies to most dragons including previous versions of Tiki. 

Tiki ate too many popsicles while on the beach this past summer.

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

It's the poncho. 

I just realized that poncho Tiki is probably going to have an abyssal difficulty and wasn't Hector's LHB supposed to return as well with an abyssal difficulty? Well, this is going to be fun.

16 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

The Pancho is a gift from Naga, it is made from her scales refined.  Actually Tiki is super tanky in the old games, and has less movement than infantry units.  In addition to being maybe the most powerful dragon in the FE universe. Really all Young Tiki should be armors, there isn't much justification in making them infantry.

I think poncho Tiki may have one upped Summer Sketchy Tiki as the most adorable character in Heroes.  I mean her line in the trailer is like the cutest thing ever, and the name of her C skill is absolutely precious.  

Red armor dragon Ban Ban when?

I was hoping for a Blue Dragon Roy, but I'll definitely take this as the next best thing. I'm glad we finally get another Breath skill. Now I can feel better about my insistence on not foddering of Ikes since the Breath skills are no longer Ike exclusive. It's not much for tanking, like Steady and warding, but the Cooldown acceleration is more than worth it. Plus, we now have a semi-consistent way to get another Fighter skill, like with L!Hector. Kind of wish she wasn't another product of Armor shilling, though.

Color priorities:

Colorless: Ignoring. My Girlma's +4 and that's plenty enough for me. Jaffar doesn't have any fodder that I can't get anywhere else. And I have Maribelle, and wouldn't mind having one that isn't -Atk, but I'm using her as a support unit above all, so it's not a big deal. Don't really care for/need any of her fodder, either.

Green: Probably ignoring. Got Ike and Sharena and don't need any of her fodder. Don't have Hector, but he'll be back eventually so it's no big deal if I miss him again this time around.

Blue: Second highest. Micky would be nice for merges. Catria would be nice for Chill Res and possibly better IVs, though the one I have already is fine as is. Tiki I could use since I'm lacking proper Blue tanks, but as with Hector, she'll be back.

Reds: Top priority. Don't have Tharja. She's the one I want most of this whole banner. Ike for merges. Karla likely for merges, also, since I've been investing in mine a lot lately. Don't know about whether I care for/need the fodder yet. My Karla already the perfect IVs I wanted, so she could live without the merges.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm trying to imagine Bantu's stat line as an armor, and the only thing I can think of is 60/20/15/40/35.

They'll give him a -blade breath and it'll buff out. Dude has access to Bold Fighter as an armor unit and he'd target the lower defensive stat of ranged units. :p

Edited by Kaden

14 minutes ago, Kurrin said:

I was hoping for a Blue Dragon Roy, but I'll definitely take this as the next best thing. I'm glad we finally get another Breath skill. Now I can feel better about my insistence on not foddering of Ikes since the Breath skills are no longer Ike exclusive. It's not much for tanking, like Steady and warding, but the Cooldown acceleration is more than worth it. Plus, we now have a semi-consistent way to get another Fighter skill, like with L!Hector. Kind of wish she wasn't another product of Armor shilling, though.

Color priorities:

Colorless: Ignoring. My Girlma's +4 and that's plenty enough for me. Jaffar doesn't have any fodder that I can't get anywhere else. And I have Maribelle, and wouldn't mind having one that isn't -Atk, but I'm using her as a support unit above all, so it's not a big deal. Don't really care for/need any of her fodder, either.

Green: Probably ignoring. Got Ike and Sharena and don't need any of her fodder. Don't have Hector, but he'll be back eventually so it's no big deal if I miss him again this time around.

Blue: Second highest. Micky would be nice for merges. Catria would be nice for Chill Res and possibly better IVs, though the one I have already is fine as is. Tiki I could use since I'm lacking proper Blue tanks, but as with Hector, she'll be back.

Reds: Top priority. Don't have Tharja. She's the one I want most of this whole banner. Ike for merges. Karla likely for merges, also, since I've been investing in mine a lot lately. Don't know about whether I care for/need the fodder yet. My Karla already the perfect IVs I wanted, so she could live without the merges.

I send you good Tharja vibes. 
she was my only bride in that banner and she can actually do a lot of damage for me. 

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

FE1 Incarnation of Tiki works exactly like Bantu, as in - 6 Mov where standard Infantry is 7, General is 5, and Archer is 5 and they get crazy amount of defense from Dragonstone. In a sense they were basically pseudo Armors back in FE1. This is changed for Tiki in FE3 and FE3 Tiki is LITERALLY EVERYTHING(no, seriously. She can transform into several different form)

And then theres this

3O1VcT5.jpg

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

FE1 Incarnation of Tiki works exactly like Bantu, as in - 6 Mov where standard Infantry is 7, General is 5, and Archer is 5 and they get crazy amount of defense from Dragonstone. In a sense they were basically pseudo Armors back in FE1. This is changed for Tiki in FE3 and FE3 Tiki is LITERALLY EVERYTHING(no, seriously. She can transform into several different form)

And then theres this

It took a while to process what i was seeing. It's just, just, what why?

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I do remember Tiki having a 5 in movement in Shadow Dragon. Made the mistake in giving my boots to Gordin tho XD

Making L!Tiki an armored dragon is just an excuse to bait whales as well as giving her a very high BST. It’s still stupid reasoning, though. We have stuff like Garon wearing a full suit of armor and he’s considered infantry. Ugh, her fake British voice they keep insisting on her is terrible. 

@KurrinDragon Roy? That’s basically IS committing to a pairing that’s much better left ambiguous. They won’t commit. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm trying to imagine Bantu's stat line as an armor, and the only thing I can think of is 60/20/15/40/35.

That seems about right, I imagine his mixed bulk will be insane, perhaps the best while having bad speed and medium or low attack.  Would be very fitting.

18 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Making L!Tiki an armored dragon is just an excuse to bait whales as well as giving her a very high BST. It’s still stupid reasoning, though. We have stuff like Garon wearing a full suit of armor and he’s considered infantry. Ugh, her fake British voice they keep insisting on her is terrible. 

Armor is the most fitting move type for Young tiki considering how she worked in FE1.  Been explained pretty thoroughly.  Again all Young tiki should have been armors.  

It’s still stupid. If they “cared” so much about that point, why didn’t they also give her a new dragon sprite while at it? Just spraying gold paint on the old sprite felt like the budget ran out. FE1? More like FE3 or the weird hole the developers dug themselves into by blending FE1 with FE3 for some reason and labeling both as “Mystery of the Emblem”. 

By your logic, all dragons should have been considered armored units. 

Edited by Lord-Zero
Typo

13 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

It’s still stupid. If they “cared” so much about that point, why didn’t they also give her a new dragon sprite while at it? Just spraying gold paint on the old sprite felt like the budget ran out. FE1? More like FE3 or the weird hole the developers dug themselves into by blending FE1 with FE3 for some reason and labeling both as “Mystery of the Emblem”. 

By your logic, all dragons should have been considered armored units. 

Not at all, most dragons don't have less movement than infantry.  Y Tiki does.  What is stupid is that previous versions of young Tiki were infantry.  

I mean they already made a Robin possessed by a dragon an armor unit, which is actually ridiculous.  Then another Robin is a flier for some reason.  Yet you have a problem with Tiki.  Okay.

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

It took a while to process what i was seeing. It's just, just, what why?

Glitch. SF doesn't say how it works, but I think it has something to with using promotion items on Bantu.

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

This is changed for Tiki in FE3 and FE3 Tiki is LITERALLY EVERYTHING(no, seriously. She can transform into several different form)

I wish they brought this back. Not allowing Tiki to stay in dragon form outside of battle, and get her movement altered, was something I don't like that New Mystery changed. The FE3 system seems to be part proto-Laguz, part Fates Dragonstones and Beaststones. A combination of significant limited time transformation, with a single unit type (so no separation into Tribes) able to take radically different forms.

@Lewyn: It will always be stupid to me. 

The other two Robins? I never brought them up because no one brought them up before in this discussion. Their classification as armored and flying respectively is still pretty stupid. Same goes for last year’s Christmas units. It seems that it’s just an excuse for the developers just so they can give those units very high BST as well as baiting whales due to said high BST. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

@Kurrin

How so? I think Mela Lee's English accent is great. Not perfect, but I wouldn't go anywhere near terrible to describe the authenticity.

As for the armor, I think we already hit that point of no return long ago with the Christmas units, so... *shrug*

16 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@Lewyn: It will always be stupid to me. 

The other two Robins? I never brought them up because no one brought them up before in this discussion. Their classification as armored and flying respectively is still pretty stupid. Same goes for last year’s Christmas units. It seems that it’s just an excuse for the developers just so they can give those units very high BST as well as baiting whales due to said high BST. 

Well yes armors are THE whale bait.  The highest scoring units in the game.  However the precedent has been set long ago, quite a few units that aren't technically armors/generals got made into armors for the game.  

@NoirCoreHer fake accent just isn’t my cup of tea. Main reason I don’t even bother using Adult Tiki (Y!Tiki has been eluding me) and I was so glad for Garon breaking the monopoly Tiki had on Red Dragon weapon type. 

@Lewyn I understand that part. It’s all about that sweet whale money now. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Glitch. SF doesn't say how it works, but I think it has something to with using promotion items on Bantu.

I wish they brought this back. Not allowing Tiki to stay in dragon form outside of battle, and get her movement altered, was something I don't like that New Mystery changed. The FE3 system seems to be part proto-Laguz, part Fates Dragonstones and Beaststones. A combination of significant limited time transformation, with a single unit type (so no separation into Tribes) able to take radically different forms.

Exactly how that works yes

I actually joined SF because i discovered about it by accident hue

And yeah, Fates TRIED to do this with the Beasties but they were just stats. In fairness FE3 Tiki design idea is kind of broken since she literally have a form that invalidate a good chunk of the game - just like a lot of things in FE3 really. Remember "get another turn" Staff?

It makes you wonder where the old viewpoint that healer is a pussy class comes from when you realized Kaga era was filled with broken Staff users, with Leif and Lachesis being the dumbest healer ever, and this isn't even stopped in Elibe, where its really blatant that the dev intend Niime and Pent as a broken unit

I think I would've been fine with Tiki's fake British accent had I never really heard a British accent before. Now? Ehhh ... it just feels really exaggerated and kind of cringey.

I always liked the British accent, makes Tiki seem even cuter.  However since they started with the accent since launch, it is hard to go away from it.  Like suddenly she talks like she is from New York city or something.  

Man I'm nervous about this banner, my luck is good on legendary banners but very poor with legendary heroes.  I dream of getting both L! Hector and L! Tiki but I might very well get neither.  I'm still stuck with no fire hero which really bites.  I think I've finalized my pulling strategy.

I will pull reds, blues and greens.  Once I pull any of the red units, I will stop pulling reds.  With green if I pull Ike I will keep pulling, if I pull Hector or Sharena I will stop.  With blues I will stop if I pull Tiki or Catria.  If I pull Miciah I will keep pulling.  I did some chain challenges to get up to 240 orbs, still have a lot of chain challenge and squad assault orbs left which I may actually try to do in the next few days.  This banner is too good as far as units and fodder. Plus October quests coming soon. 

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I always liked the British accent, makes Tiki seem even cuter.  However since they started with the accent since launch, it is hard to go away from it.  Like suddenly she talks like she is from New York city or something.  

Man I'm nervous about this banner, my luck is good on legendary banners but very poor with legendary heroes.  I dream of getting both L! Hector and L! Tiki but I might very well get neither.  I'm still stuck with no fire hero which really bites.  I think I've finalized my pulling strategy.

I will pull reds, blues and greens.  Once I pull any of the red units, I will stop pulling reds.  With green if I pull Ike I will keep pulling, if I pull Hector or Sharena I will stop.  With blues I will stop if I pull Tiki or Catria.  If I pull Miciah I will keep pulling.  I did some chain challenges to get up to 240 orbs, still have a lot of chain challenge and squad assault orbs left which I may actually try to do in the next few days.  This banner is too good as far as units and fodder. Plus October quests coming soon. 

Chain challenges give orbs? 
(i just beat paralogues... and i have like all of book 2 to clear on lunatic, (which is gonna be so hard for me). and i have a grand total of....

42 orbs. (sigh). 
your pulling plan is mine. 
If i get Karla, i stop red
If I get Michy, i keep pulling, 
Green. hope to goodness i get Hector and not Sharena. 

HKMarth is what really depleted my stash the first time and i've never really got close to that again, and that's what is making me so nervous about this banner. 
(and Performing Arts cleaned me right out). my real hope is i can get Tiki, Michy x2, Karla and get out (Hector is a dream but i can do without). so i can do at least one real last go at Swift Sparrow and get another SF!Nino and SM!Erikia.