September's Legendary Hero - Tiki: Legendary Dragon

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It takes like 5 seconds to do a text search to see if a similar string was previously translated.

A professional translation team should know at least that much, considering they're likely also working on things that need even more consistency, like dialogue.

They might be intentional liberties taken to make the names sound nicer. IMO Breath of Mist (reminds me of spittle) and Divine Fog aren't quite as pleasant to eye or ear as what they went with. Is either one a truly inaccurate translation?

Then again, Mist Breath, for whatever reason doesn't have the same connotation, at least in my mind, so they could've just gone with that, so eh.

Edited by bottlegnomes

So gamepedia tier list has for now put legendary Tiki at 10.0 S+ tier.   This probably didn't take much deliberation.  

Anyone who has her, what team comp do you run her in or are planning to run her in?  Obviously she can go great with armors, but her C skill also would go great with all sorts of mixed teams.  It is also tempting to pair her with Mar Mar (original one, not legendary) for the spectrum buffs and lore reasons.  

9 hours ago, Lewyn said:

So gamepedia tier list has for now put legendary Tiki at 10.0 S+ tier.   This probably didn't take much deliberation.  

Anyone who has her, what team comp do you run her in or are planning to run her in?  Obviously she can go great with armors, but her C skill also would go great with all sorts of mixed teams.  It is also tempting to pair her with Mar Mar (original one, not legendary) for the spectrum buffs and lore reasons.  

I mean. It was pretty obvious. She fits well in the current meta. She was confirmed to be at least S tier by the staff even before her stats came out because what we saw in the trailer was enough to convince us she's the crème of the crop. Piss colored dragon is the definition of powercreep. Her stinky breath is nasty. Armor skills like SF and BF are monstrous. SF is probably the better of the two for due to her speed.

If there's one weakness she might have it's that she can't run armor effective weapons and her foes can. I'm not sure how Naga does against piss colored dragon as Deirdre/Julia can't double her naturally

Goddamnit Micaiah. I love you, but how many times are you going to pity break me? I'm going to have to start spending money if I don't get this Tiki soon.

Edited by Jotari

22 hours ago, Titamon said:

Wow, the disparity in strength between Legendary Tiki and some of the earlier Legendary heroes is really insane.

it really is... healers can attack her no problem due to wrazzle dazzle. but daggers and bows? a difference of like 30 stats is insane and unless you gimp your dagger user you wont tackle Tiki at all. Daggers are dead period.

Game needs a BSlot passiv:
Dragonbreaker: prevents doubles, allows doubles and negates adaptiv damage. That way ranged units with high res can safely innitiate on Dragons by sacrificing their B-Slot.

Edited by Hilda

On 9/27/2018 at 6:16 PM, daisy jane said:

i've been seeing this a lot. (like general, armor units = yuck)
how come?

They are mainly p2w area21 units imo. I dont want to play this game in a meta-prescribed way - same as I didnt summon for any of those duel skills lately. They should revamp arena completely.

That being said, Tiki is actually the first armored unit that I sort of wanted (not because of her bst), maybe because she is a dragon? Or just plain Tiki?! So I put my flying nowi at risk and ended up summoning for her. Luckily I got her in under 50 orbs, +atk-spd. 

Edited by Deathstalker

4 minutes ago, Deathstalker said:

They are mainly p2w area21 units imo. I dont want to play this game in a meta-prescribed way - same as I didnt summon for any of those duel skills lately. They should revamp arena completely.

That being said, Tiki is actually the first armored unit that I sort of wanted (not because of her bst), maybe because she is a dragon? Or just plain Tiki?! So I put my flying nowi at risk and ended up summoning for her. Luckily I got her in under 50 orbs, +atk-spd. 

thanks! (also. JEALOUS!!).
i hope you can get flying nowi too. the game was good to me and gave me the perfect one (+speed)

2 minutes ago, Deathstalker said:

what are you jealous of? :) you got her!

+spd sounds great, whats her bane?

LOL that you have Tiki! (her i don't get!). 
my Nino is... hm my phone isn't with me. but i wanna say it was defense. like i basically have a glass cannon (all my units are either tanks or cannons i don't have any real 'i'm just here' units lol). i'll double check for you and let you know. (BUT! I do know, even though she's a green unit (...yay) the next time she's on a banner, i am going to try to get two more. she's like my favourite. (either version. because i hunt green a lot i have a tonne of regular Ninos too). 

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

LOL that you have Tiki! (her i don't get!). 
my Nino is... hm my phone isn't with me. but i wanna say it was defense. like i basically have a glass cannon (all my units are either tanks or cannons i don't have any real 'i'm just here' units lol). i'll double check for you and let you know. (BUT! I do know, even though she's a green unit (...yay) the next time she's on a banner, i am going to try to get two more. she's like my favourite. (either version. because i hunt green a lot i have a tonne of regular Ninos too). 

Now I got you, my flying nino is also +spd-def, also one of my favorites with all the dragons.

11 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I mean. It was pretty obvious. She fits well in the current meta. She was confirmed to be at least S tier by the staff even before her stats came out because what we saw in the trailer was enough to convince us she's the crème of the crop. Piss colored dragon is the definition of powercreep. Her stinky breath is nasty. Armor skills like SF and BF are monstrous. SF is probably the better of the two for due to her speed.

If there's one weakness she might have it's that she can't run armor effective weapons and her foes can. I'm not sure how Naga does against piss colored dragon as Deirdre/Julia can't double her naturally

Well she also gots that double weakness, armor effective and dragon effective weaponry.  Her speed does help a lot in not getting doubled by too many units.  

I'm also not a 'meta' person, cause it is so much favored towards high BST units.  I just like strong versatile units, it doesn't matter if they are low BST mage dancers like Bride Ninian, or high BST armor dragons.  

On 29/09/2018 at 6:29 PM, Lewyn said:

She works pretty well with Mar Mar or with Male Corrin in a mixed team. I will use her in the next Arena Season, alongside OG Mar Mar, Soren and Nowi. Mar Mar with Refined Falchion, Drive Atk and Drive Spd, Soren with Close Guard and Nowi with Drive Def and Drive Res. Tiki will have a great support, so I can try to get all the kills with her. Too bad my Tiki is Def Bane, which is a super bane. It's make her with 179 BST instead of 180.

On 30.9.2018 at 8:51 PM, Lewyn said:

Well she also gots that double weakness, armor effective and dragon effective weaponry.  Her speed does help a lot in not getting doubled by too many units.  

I'm also not a 'meta' person, cause it is so much favored towards high BST units.  I just like strong versatile units, it doesn't matter if they are low BST mage dancers like Bride Ninian, or high BST armor dragons.  

yes but her high spd allows her to run an omni breaker setup if she wanted to. (Wary fighter + QR Seal). Which makes her a scary defensiv bitch with high enough spd.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

She works pretty well with Mar Mar or with Male Corrin in a mixed team. I will use her in the next Arena Season, alongside OG Mar Mar, Soren and Nowi. Mar Mar with Refined Falchion, Drive Atk and Drive Spd, Soren with Close Guard and Nowi with Drive Def and Drive Res. Tiki will have a great support, so I can try to get all the kills with her. Too bad my Tiki is Def Bane, which is a super bane. It's make her with 179 BST instead of 180.

That sounds like solid team set up, that is also fun to use.  I want to stay away from an armor team (unless they release enough armor dragons to make them).  The only really crummy thing about armors is their movement, this is mostly negated with armor march however outside armor teams you want Guidance flyer or something so it isn't a pain to position and move the armor around.  Sorry about the def bane as far as arena scoring, but combat wise I think if your boon is attack, speed, or possibly even res she might actually perform better.  

20 minutes ago, Hilda said:

yes but her high spd allows her to run an omni breaker setup if she wanted to. (Wary fighter + QR Seal). Which makes her a scary defensiv bitch with high enough spd.

I thought the omni breaker worked with Hector cause he has QR on his weapon, so wary fighter cancels that QR, but then the QR seal goes into effect allowing you to double and your opponent to only hit once.  

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

That sounds like solid team set up, that is also fun to use.  I want to stay away from an armor team (unless they release enough armor dragons to make them).  The only really crummy thing about armors is their movement, this is mostly negated with armor march however outside armor teams you want Guidance flyer or something so it isn't a pain to position and move the armor around.  Sorry about the def bane as far as arena scoring, but combat wise I think if your boon is attack, speed, or possibly even res she might actually perform better.  

My Tiki is Atk boon, so she can reach 57 Atk with Fierce Breath and I already gave her Aether so she can heal herself to keep the QR effect. Mar Mar Marth, Soren and Nowi are part of my Infantry Team, being Marth +10 and the others 2 +5. I really enjoy using them. The 4th member is Lucius (+2), with Spur Def/Res and Drive Atk 2, so my infantry team is all about in-combat buffs.

21 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

My Tiki is Atk boon, so she can reach 57 Atk with Fierce Breath and I already gave her Aether so she can heal herself to keep the QR effect. Mar Mar Marth, Soren and Nowi are part of my Infantry Team, being Marth +10 and the others 2 +5. I really enjoy using them. The 4th member is Lucius (+2), with Spur Def/Res and Drive Atk 2, so my infantry team is all about in-combat buffs.

Oh so you got her best boon which is pretty sweet!  I'm going to give her Aether also, I think it is a great fit.  Have you thought about adding one other non infantry unit so you can run attack tactic and speed tactic? 

37 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I thought the omni breaker worked with Hector cause he has QR on his weapon, so wary fighter cancels that QR, but then the QR seal goes into effect allowing you to double and your opponent to only hit once.  

wait i forgot QR doesnt take SPD into consideration my bad, but she should double if she has 5 more SPD because QR cancels Wary Fighter for follow up attacks. So with 5 more spd then opponent Tiki can double and not be doubled i think.

Edited by Hilda

35 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Oh so you got her best boon which is pretty sweet!  I'm going to give her Aether also, I think it is a great fit.  Have you thought about adding one other non infantry unit so you can run attack tactic and speed tactic? 

I could use my Gunnthrá, who is +4, but she doesn't score as well as Soren, and I don't have any Atk or Spd Tactic to give to any of my units. At least I can give Tiki +3 Spd from Rally Spd/Def. I have Titania too. She is +2 and has Res Tactic Draconic Poleaxe, Atk Tactic and Def Tactic. However, Soren still score better than her. If Titania was +5, I would use her instead of Soren.

Also, with the feathers from Arena and Grand Conquest I can make Soren or Nowi +6.

Wow, I’ve been very lucky in this banner. In 250 orbs, I’ve got:

2x Karla

1x Tiki

2x Spring Catria

1x Micaiah

1x Spring Sharena

2x Maribelle

1x Jaffar

Not interesting 3*-4* fodder or units that I’m merging tough. Currently at 9 orbs, I’m not sure if I’ll be at 20 again before the banner ends

32 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Not interesting 3*-4* fodder or units that I’m merging tough. Currently at 9 orbs, I’m not sure if I’ll be at 20 again before the banner ends

I believe the BHB will be up on the final day of the banner, so you should get there easily.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

All I've gotten so far is a spare Micaiah. It's looking like I will once again fail at summoning the Legendaries I want to summon.

I've managed to draw three spare Micaiah's so far -_- Nice Distant Defense fodder, but definitely not what I'm looking for.

It took me up to 9.50% for me to get anything at all from this banner. Lucky for me that said unit was Tiki at +Atk, -Spd. Nice

Now that leaves Grima, Hector and Micaiah in a span of.... 2 days?

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

It took me up to 9.50% for me to get anything at all from this banner. Lucky for me that said unit was Tiki at +Atk, -Spd. Nice

Now that leaves Grima, Hector and Micaiah in a span of.... 2 days?

that's a pretty good tiki. 
both of mine were minus attack, which is what i think most of my units are. 

I have to say compared to the last banner where i only got Swordhardt (because I was hunting for HK: Marth) - this banner was extremely nice to me. I was thankful that someone really nice really explained how it worked and why it's good to really try on these banners even though there are some horror stories of high pity rates. 

I ended up with 
3 legendaries (1 Ike, 2 Tiki)
2 bride tharjas 
1 spring catria. 

two clairs (whom i'm gonna train up, my lance team seriously needs some help)
and some other good fodders. 
Hopefully i get to a point where i'll have a huge orb stash so i can really go knee deep (either that or just get stupidly lucky)