Dragalia Lost!

Corrobin

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The action gameplay is pretty fun, and you summon in batches, rather than one-by-one. I also really like the art for the Wyrmprints, and the music is... beautiful!

7 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Is it any good? I've been on the fence about it.

So far, it’s pretty solid. It takes a some elements from both FGO and GBF, most notably crafting essences and summons (via dragons) while adding its own brand of uniqueness to the game.

The 5* rates are terribad (less than 1% of getting a 5* character or dragon) but so far the 3* and 4* characters hold up well on their own (in fact I prefer one of my 3* characters over my 5*) I speculate that it’ll be similar to FGO in which even the low rarity/free units are able to do even the hardest of content but higher rarities just makes it easier but again that’s just speculation.

I initially didn’t like how the fighting works in this game because it feels just a bit wonky but it’s not terrible, just needs some getting used to.

The only real concern I have so far is the lack of Eldwater. There doesn’t seem to currently be any other way of obtaining it other than summoning repeats. Hopefully that won’t be the case for long since otherwise I feel it’ll take forever to promote units.

7 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

and the music is... beautiful!

Also this. It has some sweet ass music.

It looks generic, but because it's Nintendo, I've a slight interest in this. Maybe I'll DL it. Could grease things for when I finally see a FEH banner I like. It's free, there is nothing to lose simply trying this, or playing now and leaving it before returning later.

57 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

It is co-developed by the developer of Granblue : P

Game is pretty cute so far. I am stuck on Chapter 2 though o__o

Which characters and dragons have you pulled?

This is actually kinda fun and I don't think I'll ever have to spend much money on this game, if at all.

I haven't pulled a 5 star yet though. But my first summon was Vanessa and she seems fitting for me since she's a fire element and looks cool. I really like fire!

30 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Which characters and dragons have you pulled?

I haven't pulled beyond the tutorial freebie. I guess that could be part of the problem, haha. I got 4* Eleanora as my free summon.

Fortunately I got past the bit I was stuck. I did a little grinding and developed my managed circles. Then my damage stopped being terrible.

The bosses still deal massive damage though, so I guess I need to be more careful. The lizardmen with their barriers are my bane.

Everyone's been telling me it's out but whenever I check the app store it's not there

Maybe apple is just stupid but the game looks really cool too.

Edit: ignore what I said turns out it's not getting released in Canada for a bit

I was just too lazy to research.

Edited by Francie

OK, I am enjoying the game a lot more now. I appreciate that there are lots of ways to make your characters stronger. Also, the Adventurer's Stories are really cute. I kinda wish FE Heroes did that, outside of Forging Bonds. Of course, I know all about most FE characters, but not everyone does (and some characters barely had any backstory originally, especially during the NES-SNES era).

If anyone wants to add me, my friend code is 7121 5754 445. Please @ me here or PM me so I know who you are (since space is really limited).

Edited by VincentASM

47 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

OK, I am enjoying the game a lot more now. I appreciate that there are lots of ways to make your characters stronger. Also, the Adventurer's Stories are really cute. I kinda wish FE Heroes did that, outside of Forging Bonds. Of course, I know all about most FE characters, but not everyone does (and some characters barely had any backstory originally, especially during the NES-SNES era).

If anyone wants to add me, my friend code is 7121 5754 445. Please @ me here or PM me so I know who you are (since space is really limited).

@VincentASM I'll send you an invite, look out for Raven.

My FC is 7495 7081 302 - anyone is free to add me, just send me a message/@ me/quote me and lemme know.

Since my Nintendo account location is set to UK, the game won't link to my Nintendo account since the game's not released in Europe yet. I gotta be really careful to not delete/overwrite the data until I link them.

Edited by Raven

1 hour ago, Raven said:

@VincentASM I'll send you an invite, look out for Raven.

My FC is 7495 7081 302 - anyone is free to add me, just send me a message/@ me/quote me and lemme know.

Since my Nintendo account location is set to UK, the game won't link to my Nintendo account since the game's not released in Europe yet. I gotta be really careful to not delete/overwrite the data until I link them.

Thanks!

What I did is change my Nintendo Account region to the US. It might have caused some side effects but TBH I am not really using my Nintendo Account for much these days.

I did this for Pocket Camp when it launched in Australia first. Later I switched my region back to UK when it released globally a month later. Not sure when Dragalia will get a global release though.

Oh yeah, so, the only thing I don't like about this game is that I can't choose to have the prince be a girl. Did Nintendo think this wouldn't have many female players at all? At least FE Heroes keeps the summoner's gender unknown (outside of those comics, that is, but that's comics). Seriously Nintendo...

I had to name the prince Kellan since that's a male form of Kelly. >_>

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, so, the only thing I don't like about this game is that I can't choose to have the prince be a girl. Did Nintendo think this wouldn't have many female players at all? At least FE Heroes keeps the summoner's gender unknown (outside of those comics, that is, but that's comics). Seriously Nintendo...

I had to name the prince Kellan since that's a male form of Kelly. >_>

I'm pretty sure it's because the prince is not intended to be a self-insert. He's his own character who we have the privilege of naming for the sake of our account having a name, nothing more. The fact that he can be benched shows this. He's just the main character to drive on the story. He's not our character. As the player, we really don't have one.

That's not to say that the choice to use a princess instead wouldn't be very hard hard, it's just extra unnecessary work for the devs. From what I've seen of the story and dialogue so far, there would be obvious dialogue changes. Also, a prince is always first to the throne above a princess, then it's by age. For simpliciy's sake, having the MC be locked to a prince keeps things easy and streamlined for the story and script writers to follow and less room for error. The voiced cutscenes would also need to be recorded twice, especially if they ever refer to the MC as he/she/prince/princess, etc. at any time.

56 minutes ago, Raven said:

I'm pretty sure it's because the prince is not intended to be a self-insert. He's his own character who we have the privilege of naming for the sake of our account having a name, nothing more. The fact that he can be benched shows this. He's just the main character to drive on the story. He's not our character. As the player, we really don't have one.

That's not to say that the choice to use a princess instead wouldn't be very hard hard, it's just extra unnecessary work for the devs. From what I've seen of the story and dialogue so far, there would be obvious dialogue changes. Also, a prince is always first to the throne above a princess, then it's by age. For simpliciy's sake, having the MC be locked to a prince keeps things easy and streamlined for the story and script writers to follow and less room for error. The voiced cutscenes would also need to be recorded twice, especially if they ever refer to the MC as he/she/prince/princess, etc. at any time.

Never stopped IS from allowing Robin, Corrin, and Kris from having both genders.

And since we can name the prince, yeah.

Oh yeah, this thing. It looked interested and was debating if to try it out or not. However, it seems it's still not available in my country. I'm not really sure on changing the country in my phone's settings and that stuff, so I'm content with waiting.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Never stopped IS from allowing Robin, Corrin, and Kris from having both genders.

Do you mean in Heroes or the actual games? Because in the actual games there is a difference like having more resources to work with due to being higher-budgeted projects, while with Heroes, well, there's always the chance that working on making both versions meant work on other characters got pushed back or even decided to not be done yet.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Their stories were written specifically to be identical regardless of gender. Their gender does nothing to influence story progression aside from the gender you can marry. You can't truly compare because the game, story, and character situations are not the same.

Edited by Raven

22 minutes ago, Raven said:

Their stories were written specifically to be identical regardless of gender. Their gender does nothing to influence story progression aside from the gender you can marry. You can't truly compare because the game, story, and character situations are not the same.

They seem similar enough to me. This prince had to make a pact with a dragon, something both princes AND princesses could do since the older sister did. So I don't see the problem.

I've been enjoying my time with it so far. Team has been Euden (because default felt better than naming him) Elly, Cleo and Althemia, who's probably my favorite of the summonable characters I've gotten right now.

Despite 3 10 part summons, I've only gotten 1 5* and it was a Wyrmprint, which is kinda disappointing, but since pretty much everyone is usable, it's not that big of a deal.

anyways i better be able to get the masked girl down the line because damn it i really like characters like her

Also...

Spoiler

The summoning music is freaking perfect