Dragalia Lost!

Corrobin

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Okay.

How do you raise your facility level though?

Facility level is simply the level of all your buildings combined. So just keep raising buildings, and your facility level rises with them.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I should be able to obtain Pele from the third box before the event ends.  I hope.  500+ items in a box really sucks.

Tried Expert, and my team can't take a hit.  I can dodge like a champ, though.

I've gotten to facility level 4, smithing level 5, so finally breaking into the 4 star weapons category. But holy shit is there a grind from 4 star vanilla to 4 star enhanced and 4 star elemental.

At least this game lets you chase progression in a way that FEH doesn't.

Edited by Etheus

35 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I've gotten to facility level 4, smithing level 5, so finally breaking into the 4 star weapons category. But holy shit is there a grind from 4 star vanilla to 4 star enhanced and 4 star elemental.

At least this game lets you chase progression in a way that FEH doesn't.

So many aspects of FEH are "one and done" and it's so easy to finish everything the game has to offer without spending a penny.

Yeah we have our favourite characters to +10 and give the best skills to over many months, but there is no incentive to dive into the modes a couple of times a day, aside from when there is an event actually going on.

Since it's FEH and the mainline games don't have anything like weapon levels for a little extra depth, I'm sure that there are other things that can be imitated in FEH to make it more interesting. I suppose that's for a topic discussion within the Heroes sub, though.

In short, FEH can learn so much by looking at the things other gachas do to keep their playerbase engaged and actually playing daily, even when there's no events going on.

Downside is that Dragalia feels like a giant grind at times.

But the new banner was nice enough to give me a wind person who's going on my teams for now, as well as the final dark dragon I was missing.  Even though I pulled Orion, I'll most likely stick with Vice, because his story line was absolutely hilarious.

Haven't played this game in like a week at all, I've been devoting my gaming hours to XC2: TtGC. 

I'm almost done with that game though, and once I am, probably one more 2-3 hour session to wrap up the plot, I'll probably be playing this again instead, when my brain isn't in the mood for being fried by Picross 3D Round 2. No more "heavy" full-length games for me until like mid-late December.

Halloween- well every gatcha has to have it. Neat that they're including 4* and 3* Halloween characters. I have just enough for a full Light team, but still, I think I'll summon a few times. Surprised Halloween isn't Dark elemental, I guess they're the festive lights that illuminate the holiday's shadows?

Can't say I'm a big fan of the Halloween event. As with the previous event, the high-end rewards are locked behind unfeasible milestones that cannot be achieved through the kind of casual play mobile games are meant for. 

This time, we have missions which are pointlessly locked to solo play only. But why though? One of Dragalia's strengths is its social play, so why sacrifice that to fake difficulty in a game that is just taps and swipes?

Edited by Etheus

It's doable, since Avenue to Power is in the daily rotation.  But it requires two strong facilities, decent weaponry, and better dragons/wyrmprints.  Plus, the results screen takes forever.

It could've definitely been done better. . .

This event is definitely more tame compared to the first, but it's still fine; I think it does what it set out to do.

Would much prefer it if the hardest event was like the raid boss in the first event, though. Not a fan of having to fight through the waves and relying on the trash AI to actually do something useful, like dodge attacks. At least they keep the enemies off me while I run around killing things. I time out when the final boss is ~50% HP or something. Hopefully getting my Celliera to 5* will help, along with the continuous upgrades to the sweet event building.

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

It's doable, since Avenue to Power is in the daily rotation.  But it requires two strong facilities, decent weaponry, and better dragons/wyrmprints.  Plus, the results screen takes forever.

It could've definitely been done better. . .

I just don't like relying on the trash AI for anything, and being forced into using them is an abysmal experience.

Also, the might requirements aren't even close to accurate. 8500 Might to do the extra boss battle? By the time my 9300 might team (which includes three top tier heroes - Xander, Mikoto, and Hildegard) gets the boss to 80% health, all 3 AI are quite dead. 

I actually fucking beat the Halloween Horrors challenge, with 7 seconds left on the clock.

Spoiler

SA5zVgi.jpgs1mCtIV.jpg

It looks like the combination of upgrading Celliera to 5*, obtaining the extra strength from doing so along with unlocking the +8% dmg at 70%+ health skill, along with an extra 5% from another sweet retreat level-up was enough to tip the scales in my favour. I earned like 9.8k tricker treats with the wyrmprint bonuses applied.

Also yay for my first 5* character ever - Celliera.

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

Also yay for my first 5* character ever - Celliera.

Yeowch that is a lot of Eldwater! Although the total costs of the higher tiers of the Mana Circles make the cost for a 5* promotion look tame.

Promotion to 4* seems cheap though, I think I might do that for the Linus kid eventually, I like the Axe moveset's massive crowd control. Although Knives are great for the speed and multihit, and Bows are safe and strong.

My ideal multi-weapon type team would probably be Axe-Knives-Bows-Staff, unless there is another raid where healing is quartered in strength (I believe they said it was), then I'll ditch the healer there for a Rod user or Katana or Spear.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeowch that is a lot of Eldwater! Although the total costs of the higher tiers of the Mana Circles make the cost for a 5* promotion look tame.

Promotion to 4* seems cheap though, I think I might do that for the Linus kid eventually, I like the Axe moveset's massive crowd control. Although Knives are great for the speed and multihit, and Bows are safe and strong.

My ideal multi-weapon type team would probably be Axe-Knives-Bows-Staff, unless there is another raid where healing is quartered in strength (I believe they said it was), then I'll ditch the healer there for a Rod user or Katana or Spear.

Yeah, I used literally 2.5k Eldwater to promote one character from 3 to 4* early in the game, and I'd been saving ever since then. Took so damn long. Not forgetting the fact that four of Celleria's nodes in her last mana circle (4 x upgrades to her co-ability) will need 6k Eldwater each to be upgraded - assuming the cost doesn't rise with each upgrade. :weary:

I finally beat the boss on Expert!  With some help, of course.  Thank goodness for MP, because my AI guys are pretty useless.

If you see a random Irfan, do say hi.  That might be me!

Main story spoilers for the final chapter...

Spoiler

I am seriously getting heavy shades of Lucina from the whole "Zethia travels from the future to save the world" reveal. And I'm interested-just what *is* The Other?

On 10/22/2018 at 12:44 PM, Raven said:

Yeah, I used literally 2.5k Eldwater to promote one character from 3 to 4* early in the game, and I'd been saving ever since then. Took so damn long. Not forgetting the fact that four of Celleria's nodes in her last mana circle (4 x upgrades to her co-ability) will need 6k Eldwater each to be upgraded - assuming the cost doesn't rise with each upgrade. :weary:

Let me do the simple math for a full five teams (one for each element) of 5* maxed Mana Circle units.

6000*4*20 = 480000 Eldwater minimum (assuming the final nodes don't increase in cost as you unlock more).

And if the teams are all 4*s that have been promoted then

25000*20 = 500000 Eldwater more.

If for some ungodly reason you wanted them to have originally been 3*s, another

2500*20 = 50000 additional Eldwater. But this is chump change. The equivalent of one 5* promotion plus full Mana Circle unlocks.

And all of this from a game whose dallies give a mere 100 Eldwater, maybe more if you get lucky with the Item Summon. Although checking elsewhere I read:

Summoning duplicate characters also gives Eldwater, and if I have it right, it's 150 per 3* duplicate, 1000 for 4*s, and 3000 for 5*s. Selling 3* Wyrmprints and Dragons give 150, 4* 1000, 5* 3000, the same as duplicate characters. Hmm... Maybe I underestimate the value of Wyrmprints, but selling those doesn't sound like a terrible idea. The majority of their boosts come from base level right? Might as well not bother unbinding them then.

Hard Mode Chapters also give 1500 Eldwater after clearing them for a nice little finite source.

Still, from observations in the game, it doesn't look like 5* offers many extra benefits, some more levels, a slight increase to all stats, and the last Mana Circle's boosts, but this isn't that much I would think. I probably wouldn't invest into 5*ing someone unless I had the additional Eldwater and other resources to unlock a good deal of the final nodes. 

It’s been about a month so I guess I can say something about this game.

Picked it up because I can’t keep going on with FEH being my only mobile source of entertainment.

Luck’s been above average with pulling Ezelith, Mikoto and Lily for characters and Jeanne and Nidhogg for dragons. Rates are still dogshit though, I believe the 3* rate is like 80% so it’s a 20% chance for 4* and above and half of that is fucking wyrmprints anyways so it’s a 10% chance to get anything remotely useful.

Gameplay is okay, there’s some underlying problems with the controls that need to be worked out but otherwise it’s alright. I’m more concerned about the lack of stamina at higher levels, especially given how grindy the game gets. Refill pots don’t even cap out your stamina and getherwings cap at 6 for whatever stupid reason, and all the refill items are ridiculously rare for how necessary they are.

Characterisation is very hit or miss, can be charming in some cases but other characters just make a terrible first impression. Though coming up with a likeable personality for so many OCs isn’t exactly an easy thing to do, but some of the worse ones don’t even go through character development and end up remaining the exact same person on their 5th story.

Events are done much better here than FEH, because there’s actually effort put into them, though it’s a little early to judge. I’m not sure how much I like them being element intensive after getting screwed over this event with no good light units, but I did manage to brute force a victory on Halloween horrors with Lily so it’s still doable.

Also regarding the eldwater thing, the cost actually does increase per node unlocked, totalling to about 60k just to max the co ability of a 5*.

Player ID is 4926 4953 862 if anyone wants to add me. I still have more than half my friends list empty 

Edited by Korath88

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

Luck’s been above average with pulling Ezelith, Mikoto and Lily for characters and Jeanne and Nidhogg for dragons. Rates are still dogshit though, I believe the 3* rate is like 80% so it’s a 20% chance for 4* and above and half of that is fucking wyrmprints anyways so it’s a 10% chance to get anything remotely useful.

You'd be surprised how useful some of the 3* units can be.  I'm ripping this event apart with Irfan.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

You'd be surprised how useful some of the 3* units can be.  I'm ripping this event apart with Irfan.

While I don’t entirely disagree, nat 3*s are gimped by having a lower stat total and lower percentage bonuses on their abilities even after being promoted, compared to units that start off at a higher rank. And given how scarce mana and dragon scales are, I’m hesitant to invest heavily in units that will likely be replaced once I get a better alternative.

Though choosing to not use light units for the current event was a personal decision done out of spite for the game refusing to give me any light 4* that isn’t an archer. (I really don’t like how bows play)

Edited by Korath88

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

While I don’t entirely disagree, nat 3*s are gimped by having a lower stat total and lower percentage bonuses on their abilities even after being promoted, compared to units that start off at a higher rank. 

Which is unbelievably bad design. At least Heroes has the decency to give its 3-4 star heroes the potential to obtain the same skill ranks as any other character with the same skills. 

21 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Which is unbelievably bad design. At least Heroes has the decency to give its 3-4 star heroes the potential to obtain the same skill ranks as any other character with the same skills. 

It's designed that way because those 3* heroes are easy to obtain. The differences in stats and skills between a 3* at 5* and a base 5* are not so significant that it makes the game's content unbeatable using a 3* character.

If you ask me, Heroes locking so many skills behind 5* exclusive characters is the biggest offense between both the games, the second being how hard it is to obtain Eldwater. Considering the number of characters in the game, however, it is quite probable that they don't want us to 5* all the 3* and 4* characters so soon and want us to experiment some more. Also, there is no merging of characters to be done here - once they are 5*, that's it. It's all about getting them to level 80 and completing their mana circles from there on, which is a lot cheaper than needing 220,000 feathers to create a +10 unit in Heroes. The lack of eldwater is somewhat forgivable in this gacha's early life, considering how scarce Feathers were during the first few months of FEH's life.

10 minutes ago, Raven said:

It's designed that way because those 3* heroes are easy to obtain. The differences in stats and skills between a 3* at 5* and a base 5* are not so significant that it makes the game's content unbeatable using a 3* character.

If you ask me, Heroes locking so many skills behind 5* exclusive characters is the biggest offense between both the games, the second being how hard it is to obtain Eldwater. Considering the number of characters in the game, however, it is quite probable that they don't want us to 5* all the 3* and 4* characters so soon and want us to experiment some more. Also, there is no merging of characters to be done here - once they are 5*, that's it. It's all about getting them to level 80 and completing their mana circles from there on, which is a lot cheaper than needing 220,000 feathers to create a +10 unit in Heroes. The lack of eldwater is somewhat forgivable in this gacha's early life, considering how scarce Feathers were during the first few months of FEH's life.

The reason why Dragalia's arbitrary nerfing of 3 star heroes even at their max promotion is worse design is that it serves no gameplay purpose, is an obvious flaw, and makes these characters objectively inferior, whereas Heroes' 5 star exclusive skills make certain lower rarity characters inferior in practice, not design, and often with the potential to achieve the same effectiveness as the 5 star through investment.

Yes, Dragalia has better aspects of its business model, such as lack of IV's and lack of character merges (the fact that it still has dragon and wyrmprint merges is still shitty), these don't make its flaws go away.

When a nat 5 star in Dragalia can achieve 100% immunity to a status with one skill while a nat 3 star with full investment uses 2 of their 3 slots to achieve only 75% immunity, that's a problem.

Edited by Etheus

9 minutes ago, Etheus said:

The reason why Dragalia's arbitrary nerfing of 3 star heroes even at their max promotion is worse design is that it serves no gameplay purpose, is an obvious flaw, and makes these characters objectively inferior, whereas Heroes' 5 star exclusive skills make certain lower rarity characters inferior in practice, not design, and often with the potential to achieve the same effectiveness as the 5 star through investment.

When a nat 5 star in Dragalia can achieve 100% immunity to a status with one skill while a nat 3 star with full investment uses 2 of their 3 slots to achieve only 75% immunity, that's a problem.

I don't disagree with any of this itself. You only really aim to 5* a lower character if you really like them and want to make them the best they can be. They are at least still completely usable even if they do have lesser stats and skills of base 5* characters. Neither this nor the Eldwater shortage bothers me, personally.

15 minutes ago, Raven said:

I don't disagree with any of this itself. You only really aim to 5* a lower character if you really like them and want to make them the best they can be. They are at least still completely usable even if they do have lesser stats and skills of base 5* characters. Neither this nor the Eldwater shortage bothers me, personally.

It does bother me because some of my favorite character designs (Joe, Alain, Zace, Rodrigo, and Edward) fall into the 3 star category, and will thus inevitably be replaced by objectively superior characters of their element and weapon type in the 4-5 star category in the future, if they haven't already been. 

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Yes, Dragalia has better aspects of its business model, such as lack of IV's and lack of character merges (the fact that it still has dragon and wyrmprint merges is still shitty), these don't make its flaws go away.

Even a 4* can get 100% immunity. It’s mostly just the 3*s that are needlessly underwhelming. I mean, there are quite a few 4*s that can give nat 5*s a run for their money. Especially the 5* archers. Goddamn those are bad.

Also me not giving a shit about merges in FEH still remains one of my better choices. I do prefer a one and done deal for my characters, but I really wish they would remove them from the pool after getting them, because 3k eldwater is no compensation for a duplicate 5*

Edited by Korath88