Dragalia Lost!

Corrobin

Gotta say, this game is really fun. I wasn't sure at first but i'm definetly enjoying it. The menu music is so good, it'a stuck in my head.

I've reached Ch.2 and i will say, my one complaint with the gameplay is the movement. How good your movement is will depend on how big your screen is. My screen is decently big and even then, moving is a bit iffy. Combat's fine though.

Then there's the summoning rates, which are kinda ass but it's a gacha game and the only other gacha i've played is FEH, which had not terrible summoning rates. Dragalia Lost does appear to be as generous with it's resources though.

Also the main cast already has more development than FEH's main cast.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna try this out on me phone, until I discovered I got an old relic (iPhone 5c), so it is not compatible with the game. Oh well, perhaps it is for the best even though I am curious how the game is.

Best of luck and I hope you guys have fun playing it!

Will the bubbly J Pop ever STOP?

Fun game. Just finished chapter 1. I got a five star wyrmprint in my first ten batch summon and that seems pretty rare. Wish this game were on the Switch since the constant downloads for new story chapters already prompt me to play at home and I could use a bigger screen. Movement is so difficult and dodge rolls seems to be the only thing I can consistently do in combat.

To anyone having trouble with the movement, I suggest trying to drag smaller. The issue with the movement is that it constantly changes the center of the movement arrow? joystick? Whenever you want to turn but this doesn’t seem to be the case for small drags.

Also you can change the sensitivity of the dodge rolls if you have trouble with those. I personally found myself doing them all the time even when I didn’t mean to so I lowered it.

25 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Will the bubbly J Pop ever STOP?

If you really mean that you can turn off the song vocals in the settings making it slightly less J Pop.

25 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Wish this game were on the Switch since the constant downloads for new story chapters already prompt me to play at home and I could use a bigger screen.

You can also do a full batch download in the settings making it so you don’t have to endure the constant downloads.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

15 hours ago, Anacybele said:

They seem similar enough to me. This prince had to make a pact with a dragon, something both princes AND princesses could do since the older sister did. So I don't see the problem.

If you feel that strongly about having a female lead, you can suggest it to the devs via feedback. It's extra work for them, but the option would be nice. I'd use a female lead all day.

Also what's your FC?

19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, so, the only thing I don't like about this game is that I can't choose to have the prince be a girl. Did Nintendo think this wouldn't have many female players at all? At least FE Heroes keeps the summoner's gender unknown (outside of those comics, that is, but that's comics). Seriously Nintendo...

I had to name the prince Kellan since that's a male form of Kelly. >_>

Food for thought: You can name Link too, and you're okay with not having the option to make him female.

I kept the default name, Eugen. 

4 hours ago, Raven said:

If you feel that strongly about having a female lead, you can suggest it to the devs via feedback. It's extra work for them, but the option would be nice. I'd use a female lead all day.

Also what's your FC?

Yeah, true. Though it's not a HUGE deal to me. I still like the game otherwise. I just wish I could play as a female lead. I'll suggest it in feedback.

Here: 1127 5846 291

Just let me know your in-game name so I know it's you sending a request.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Food for thought: You can name Link too, and you're okay with not having the option to make him female.

I kept the default name, Eugen. 

Yeah, but after playing Zelda for so many years and since I was a little kid during a time before we had all these mobile games and name-able main characters, I just got too used to him always being a guy. I wouldn't say no to a female option there though.

I didn't like the name Eugen, so I wanted to change it anyway. Kellan is a cool name tho. I remembered it from a Pokemon anime episode. I think the Kellan there was a Pokemon ranger that owned a Riolu. Either that, or he was in the segment where Ash was helping a Riolu that was able to use Aura Sphere. It involved a Riolu, that's all I remember.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, true. Though it's not a HUGE deal to me. I still like the game otherwise. I just wish I could play as a female lead. I'll suggest it in feedback.

Here: 1127 5846 291

Just let me know your in-game name so I know it's you sending a request.

Sent. Name's Raven - same as here.

3 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

I don't get wyrmprints, what are they for?

Stat boosts and whatnot.

--------

Gotta say, i really wish summoning was just limited to characters and dragons. Getting wyrmprints through summoning as well is a bummer. I hear FGO does the same thing and people aren't a fan of that.

I'm having fun with the game so far. The gameplay is and fun the story is engaging enough for me to not skip through the story cut-scenes. Also I may or may not have gotten lucky enough to have two five star characters (whose names are totally not Ezelith and Xander) and have totally not have focused most of my resources on a certain fire mage (who totally isn't named Xania). The home music is really catchy and I love it!

Also if you want to freaking throw whatever requests you have my way, you can. My FC-thing-a-ma-bob is: 9944 5686 903.

I just hit a team power of 6k, and unlocked the 6th chapter.

Story's almost predictable, but still interesting. The nice dialogue, as well as the artwork for key scenes in the story blow FEH's static cutscenes and story out of the water.

Not to mention every dragon and character has their own flavour text in their stats page, including their own story that advances as you upgrade them.

Edited by Raven

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

Who the heck is this Karl guy, and why did I download this?

Liking it or disliking it? I get more the sense of the latter.

I downloaded the game just to try it out, played until the castle unlocked. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Did only the one mandatory summon for some immobile water healer. Not sure if I'll keep this, having to play a game routinely isn't my usual thing. I'm only playing for gameplay as well, the recently developed skip-stinct in me had me bypass the plot- blame it on a gut reaction to the generic aesthetics in a ftp mobile game.

Still, I'll give the game time to see if it grows on me, and in grinding, I could always go back and replay the plot chapters if I wanted to. A nonsense lite action rpg might be good for me.

Although upgrading things is going to be a matter of constant regret and overthinking, if me and fusing demons in SMT is anything to go by. 24 slots in Apocalypse, and I still run out of room for fusing because I can't give up certain demons without knowing I'll have made an ideal fuse. I've considered spending the 3-4 dollars for the Macca-grinding DLC to wipe away that concern by letting me spend millions on the compendium to make perfect demons. Can't do that with Dragalia Lost unless I had a seven/six-figure salary!

I renamed the main character Vritra, although if it isn't already, I'm expecting that name will be used for a dragon in this game. Evil serpent from Hinduism is perfect dragon material. I'll think of a different one later if need be.

8 hours ago, Raven said:

I just hit a team power of 6k, and unlocked the 6th chapter.

Story's almost predictable, but still interesting. The nice dialogue, as well as the artwork for key scenes in the story blow FEH's static cutscenes and story out of the water.

Not to mention every dragon and character has their own flavour text in their stats page, including their own story that advances as you upgrade them.

Nice. I just hit 6,000 as well.

I'm still enjoying the game. The Shadowwyrm took me by surprise, but I am liking the challenge ^^

Also, the music in this game is on point.

For those who don't like J-Pop, you can turn off vocals as well.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Liking it or disliking it? I get more the sense of the latter.

Dodging is, uh, dodgy, and trying to get a competent roster is a pain in the neck.  I have a ton of sword users and dark users, but fire is nigh-nonexistent (it's literally the main character and Karl only), and I have exactly one person who uses rods.

And then there's the dailies, which are even more mystifying.

I'm also not impressed with the story in the least.  The characterizations are pretty painful, but at least the game compensates me for it.

Ngl I think Ranzal is a man after my own heart. I have a soft spot for those character types. It's why Boyd and Reyn are so badass and hot imo.

Just unlocked the castle. Story is fine, not overly fantastic but works.

Doc1727UwAUDHC1?format=jpg

Dragalia Lost preformed the weakest in it's first five days compared to the other Nintendo mobile games, which makes sense as it's an original IP and doesn't have any recgonizable name backing it.

Let's be real though, it's going to outsell both Mario Run and especially Pocket Camp.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Doc1727UwAUDHC1?format=jpg

Dragalia Lost preformed the weakest in it's first five days compared to the other Nintendo mobile games, which makes sense as it's an original IP and doesn't have any recgonizable name backing it.

Let's be real though, it's going to outsell both Mario Run and especially Pocket Camp.

If it becomes popular enough it might, but FEH will definitely still beat it.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

But seriously, what's an item summon, and why is it on the dailies?

I’ll be honest, item summons mystified me too because the game doesn’t teach you squat about it and it’s dumb that it expects you to find it by yourself.

You can find by going to the shop -> upgrade essentials -> item summon.

It’s a daily free tennfold item summon. You can roll past the initial free daily summon but it’ll start costing you wyrmite.

—————————————

To anyone who’s reached Chapter 6. How difficult are you finding it? The first 5 chapters ranged from a breeze to somewhat challenging but 6 has been kicking my butt. I mean the controlled character can make it through to the end but all my other characters constantly end up dead. Makes me want to bring a healer but the AI is as dumb as bricks and I hate the way healers attack so I don’t like using them. Been having to do co-op to complete all the endeavors.

3 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I’ll be honest, item summons mystified me too because the game doesn’t teach you squat about it and it’s dumb that it expects you to find it by yourself.

You can find by going to the shop -> upgrade essentials -> item summon.

It’s a daily free tennfold item summon. You can roll past the initial free daily summon but it’ll start costing you wyrmite.

—————————————

To anyone who’s reached Chapter 6. How difficult are you finding it? The first 5 chapters ranged from a breeze to somewhat challenging but 6 has been kicking my butt. I mean the controlled character can make it through to the end but all my other characters constantly end up dead. Makes me want to bring a healer but the AI is as dumb as bricks and I hate the way healers attack so I don’t like using them. Been having to do co-op to complete all the endeavors.

Wound up looking elsewhere for the answer.  I'm glad there's help files, but they only cover about a third of the things I want them to.  Thanks though!

Currently on Chapter 5, and it's pretty difficult for me because my light characters are. . .well, not great at dealing damage (I think Luca's gonna be carrying the other two).  But I've been making mono-element teams (or as mono-element as two fire guys can be), and it's been working decently enough for me so far.  If you're having issues staying alive, befriend people who have a healer as a summon.