Dragalia Lost!

Corrobin

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

Okey.

What do you mean by WRT? And do you have a favorite character? Or favorites?

WRT = with regards to

Jurota's story amused me enough that I farmed the necessary materials to get it.  Liking Waike's story, even though I'm missing his final chapter.  Nicholas was okay - a bit predictable, but at least he wasn't completely nuts.  Orsem/Karl have potential.  Haven't really explored the rest, though Mikoto's looks hilarious.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

WRT = with regards to

Jurota's story amused me enough that I farmed the necessary materials to get it.  Liking Waike's story, even though I'm missing his final chapter.  Nicholas was okay - a bit predictable, but at least he wasn't completely nuts.  Orsem/Karl have potential.  Haven't really explored the rest, though Mikoto's looks hilarious.

And I haven't gotten any of those characters. Did you spend any money on the game?

I meant main story characters, do you have a favorite out of them? So you can choose from...the people who appear on the title screen I guess and the villains if you're so inclined.

*gasp* OH MY GOD. I just got a random idea for a ship. Ranzal x Elsianne. Lol. I think I got her name right? The paladyn lady. Throw the rowdy mercenary and the stick up her ass knight together, if it works their personalities would play off each other well I think. I wonder what their kid will look like?

Alternatively, Luca x Cleo, since they're both sylvans, although Cleo appears to be a rare subspecies with mouse ears instead of rabbit ones. A possible issue could be her being in suspended animation or whatever for a long time so she's technically much older than him though.

Alternatively again, Euden x Elsianne. Or even Celliera.

Just some rambling ideas I guess.

9 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

And I haven't gotten any of those characters. Did you spend any money on the game?

I meant main story characters, do you have a favorite out of them? So you can choose from...the people who appear on the title screen I guess and the villains if you're so inclined.

*gasp* OH MY GOD. I just got a random idea for a ship. Ranzal x Elsianne. Lol. I think I got her name right? The paladyn lady. Throw the rowdy mercenary and the stick up her ass knight together, if it works their personalities would play off each other well I think. I wonder what their kid will look like?

Alternatively, Luca x Cleo, since they're both sylvans, although Cleo appears to be a rare subspecies with mouse ears instead of rabbit ones. A possible issue could be her being in suspended animation or whatever for a long time so she's technically much older than him though.

Alternatively again, Euden x Elsianne. Or even Celliera.

Just some rambling ideas I guess.

No money spent, and have no interest in spending money.

Of the main story characters, Ranzel's okay.  If Luca wasn't so far up into his character gimmick, he'd be amazing.  Cleo's not bad, and I don't think I'm going to get along with Elly.  Notte's decent for a sidekick.  And my character. . .I kinda want to smack him upside the head.

Spoiler

Go finish Chapter 5, that's where the story really begins.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

No money spent, and have no interest in spending money.

Of the main story characters, Ranzel's okay.  If Luca wasn't so far up into his character gimmick, he'd be amazing.  Cleo's not bad, and I don't think I'm going to get along with Elly.  Notte's decent for a sidekick.  And my character. . .I kinda want to smack him upside the head.

Reveal hidden contents

Go finish Chapter 5, that's where the story really begins.

I'm on chapter 4, so getting there! I didn't see a gimmick with Luca myself. His character story is funny. But maybe I'm not paying enough attention. 

Ranzal is kinda bae lol. Not as hot as the likes of Boyd and Reyn but has that same personality and dammit I love those kind of boys!

14 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I'm on chapter 4, so getting there! I didn't see a gimmick with Luca myself. His character story is funny. But maybe I'm not paying enough attention. 

Ranzal is kinda bae lol. Not as hot as the likes of Boyd and Reyn but has that same personality and dammit I love those kind of boys!

Get Luca's episodes.  You'll see his gimmick, and it's pretty annoying.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Get Luca's episodes.  You'll see his gimmick, and it's pretty annoying.

Oh I got them, the gimmick isn't that annoying to me. And he doesn't do it in the main story so it's no big deal.

Karl is hilarious, Xainfried has some adorable moments with his "charges", and Alain probably has the best gag out of any of the "gimmicky" characters.

6 minutes ago, Sofiovsky said:

Is this game worth it for someone that doesnt like gacha that much? It seems a pretty basic clone of weeb gacha game

Nope, not in the least.

I've been enjoying it a lot. I spent Friday & Saturday morning rerolling till I got Xander (took about 10 rerolls) and was fortunate enough to also get Mikoto on that reroll.

So far, I've been incredibly pleased, especially with the raid. 

My favorite characters so far are Xander, Mikoto, Luca, and Celliera, though I really want Hawk and Xainfried.

Edited by Etheus

Still rocking out with zero 5-star characters. But I'm now knocking out expert raids like they're nothing. Celliera's by far the best character for this event if you put the resources into her.

I'm lucky enough to be on my 4th summoning session of this event, meaning I've summoned three copies of Pele so far, plus a fourth Pele for collecting 300 Silver Emblems.

I think I can summon a 5th Pele easily before this event ends, and that'd be perfect.

8 hours ago, Raven said:

Still rocking out with zero 5-star characters. But I'm now knocking out expert raids like they're nothing. Celliera's by far the best character for this event if you put the resources into her.

I'm lucky enough to be on my 4th summoning session of this event, meaning I've summoned three copies of Pele so far, plus a fourth Pele for collecting 300 Silver Emblems.

I think I can summon a 5th Pele easily before this event ends, and that'd be perfect.

Damn dude! I have a grand total of zero Peles. Still working on getting friendship with Celliera so I can keep her. Backtracking and doing story parts that I didn't do perfectly the first time. Think I'm done with that, so it'll be time to move on.

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Damn dude! I have a grand total of zero Peles. Still working on getting friendship with Celliera so I can keep her. Backtracking and doing story parts that I didn't do perfectly the first time. Think I'm done with that, so it'll be time to move on.

Try doing Standard Avenue to Fortune a bunch. It gives ten (10) friendship points. You can quickly recruit her, if you have the honeys and stones to spare.

I went with a ton of multiplayer for that.  Once she was my friend, I swapped her out for Jurota (who I had invested heavily in before this event).

I think I'm a little too weak for Expert (not quite 6000).  Once I hit 6500, I'll give it a shot.

I do have one simple but massive complaint about this game. Playing this mobile game as an actual mobile game is essentially impossible due to the complete lack of a reconnect feature or any signal failure tolerance.

Your connection quality drops for 2 seconds because you live in America where ISP's and phone companies aren't incentivized to improve? Well sucks to be you, buddy. AT&T/Sprint/Verizon just wasted your entire team's time and there's nothing you can do about it. 

Edited by Etheus

On 10/7/2018 at 10:07 AM, Raven said:

t's really important to upgrade a character's mana circles before anything else. Next comes the actual levels of the characters, followed up by dragon levels, then dragon bonding, then finally the wyrmprint levels

You leave out where weapons fall into this schema. Probably the second or third most important thing though. Elementals can only be equipped by a character of that element apparently, which makes me not want to make them until I have a strong and separate neutral weapon for a given type first. Since otherwise I'll have a weapon only a 1/5 of my characters in a given weapon type can use. Although looking at how the weapon evolution trees go, neutral, in a move to force grinding, stop existing pretty quickly.

Celliera and a Pele get! Just grinded the Standard Boss Battle, which I could consistently do even if near-death a bunch of times. Celliera getting 20 Friendship per Standard Boss Battle didn't make it very time consuming at the end. It took until I was down to 167 items in the box before I got Pele and the additional Paladyn Defender in a single session.

I was disappointed when I realized the Summon Vouchers the Emblems gave were of the 1 summon variety, none were of the 10 pack type. At least it killed my desire to get them.

Now I think I'll chill on this game until another event. I play for the dallies, and continue the story, but otherwise I'm done with this first event- not too bad.

5 hours ago, Etheus said:

I do have one simple but massive complaint about this game. Playing this mobile game as an actual mobile game is essentially impossible due to the complete lack of a reconnect feature or any signal failure tolerance.

Your connection quality drops for 2 seconds because you live in America where ISP's and phone companies aren't incentivized to improve? Well sucks to be you, buddy. AT&T/Sprint/Verizon just wasted your entire team's time and there's nothing you can do about it. 

That's why you make sure you're on wifi. I never have any problems.

I got the Paladyn Defender wyrmprint but how do you get Pele?

Edited by Dragoncat

28 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

There is one available at a certain number of Silver Emblems being obtained. Although this requires clearing the higher levels of boss battles and raids to unlock, as Silver Emblems are very rare on the Beginner difficulties.

Otherwise, by completing boss battles and raids, you get a number of light purple-ish cards called Blazons, exclusive to this event. For every 2 you have, you can do a Blazon Summon, and you can use up to 20 in a single summoning session, for a total of ten summons per session.

Among the rewards obtainable via Blazons is the 5* fire dragon Pele. Your chance of initially obtaining Pele is low, like less than 1%. 

However, the Blazon Summon is what I've heard called a "Box Summon". To explain this, imagine whenever you summon, you're sticking your hand into a box you cannot see inside of, and when you take it out, you won't know what you will have grabbed.

How is this different from an ordinary summon? For a Box Summon, like the Blazon Summon, there are only a finite number of objects in the box. Once you take something out, it won't be replaced. The Blazon Summon has 367 items in it, so eventually, if you keep summoning, you'll get a Pele, since there won't be anything left in the box. That kind of extraordinarily bad luck would require a total 734 Blazons.

Now once Pele is obtained from a Blazon Summon, you can choose to reset the contents of the box, adding duplicates of everything you took out of the box back into it, including another Pele you can obtain! However, apparently in this game the box will add 100 more non-Pele items after being reset the first time, and this would likely be true of every subsequent reset. After I believe the fourth reset, you can no longer reset the box. Meaning the maximum number of Peles you can get from this event is 6- five from Blazons plus the Silver Emblem one. That is enough for a fully unbinded Pele and an extra.

I personally was fine with just having one Pele, that is all I need. Presumably once my teams grow stronger over this game's lifespan, I'll find it easier to tackle the higher level event challenges, thus earning more of the resources- Blazons and Emblems will not be carried over once this event ends, which I need for more Box Summons, in less time. Thus creating the possibility of me desiring to get multiples of the future 5* dragons these events may offer.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

12 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

That's why you make sure you're on wifi. I never have any problems.

Meaning that either you are at home and could thus be playing a proper console/pc game instead or taking a risk on unsecured public wifi.

Even ignoring the above, there is no excuse for the lack of a basic reconnect feature. That's online gaming 101. It might be understandable if this game had in-round hotjoins to replace the disconnected player, but it doesn't. There is no reason to not allow the player to reconnect, because there is no chance of them being replaced.

Edited by Etheus

13 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

I have Celliera for good! Still no Pele though :(

Just keep doing the raids for those tokens to do the summons. If you can start farming expert, you'll get a lot more a lot faster.

1 minute ago, Raven said:

Just keep doing the raids for those tokens to do the summons. If you can start farming expert, you'll get a lot more a lot faster.

I'm way too low power level to do expert. 

How on earth did you get that high this quick? The game's only been out for what, a week or a little over?

36 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I'm way too low power level to do expert. 

How on earth did you get that high this quick? The game's only been out for what, a week or a little over?

I play for an hour or two a day, usually before bed and while I'm in bed lol. The levels come faster when you're farming the higher leveled stuff. Everything I've done has had a knock-on effect with other things within the game, stemming primarily from beating chapter 6, and getting my facility level to 100 for 4* weapon forging. Obtaining all the daily rewards from each of the events also helps. I'm continuously upping my facility level. Using your Wyrmite to unlock 4 or 5 Wyrmsmiths to level up more buildings at any one time really helps a lot with this. My facility level is 170 and I haven't used any resources to end buildings quickly, etc.

Leveling up characters, mana circles, 4* weapons, etc. allows you to get stronger to take on the harder difficulties which gives more and better rewards, giving you more to level stronger things faster, making you even stronger to take on even harder things, and so on. There are even buildings that increase a weapon type user's strength once you beat chapter 6, for example, and you can unlock more buildings and raise level caps of current buildings as your player level rises.

Also, the game's been out for just over 2 weeks, and I'm a day 1 player.

Edited by Raven

3 hours ago, Raven said:

I play for an hour or two a day, usually before bed and while I'm in bed lol. The levels come faster when you're farming the higher leveled stuff. Everything I've done has had a knock-on effect with other things within the game, stemming primarily from beating chapter 6, and getting my facility level to 100 for 4* weapon forging. Obtaining all the daily rewards from each of the events also helps. I'm continuously upping my facility level. Using your Wyrmite to unlock 4 or 5 Wyrmsmiths to level up more buildings at any one time really helps a lot with this. My facility level is 170 and I haven't used any resources to end buildings quickly, etc.

Leveling up characters, mana circles, 4* weapons, etc. allows you to get stronger to take on the harder difficulties which gives more and better rewards, giving you more to level stronger things faster, making you even stronger to take on even harder things, and so on. There are even buildings that increase a weapon type user's strength once you beat chapter 6, for example, and you can unlock more buildings and raise level caps of current buildings as your player level rises.

Also, the game's been out for just over 2 weeks, and I'm a day 1 player.

Okay.

How do you raise your facility level though?