October Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m pretty sure Hrid will be the legendary, with Ylgr being one in the following month. For what they’d be, an armored sword and a flying staff respectively. I don’t think having two water seasons in a row is a coincidence, and both of them fit the bill for it. Since the attack and resistance bonuses are what’s left, I think Hrid would give attack while Ylgr gives resistance. Of course, they could be the opposite,  which would be weird but also unique. A resistance inclined sword armor would be very interesting, and a staff giving an attack boost would be excellent for support. 

I’m also pretty sure Corrin isn’t going to be a legendary hero, at least not for October or November. I think IS will strike while the iron is hot and include the remaining OCs before Book III begins since unlike Veronica and Bruno, it’s quite possible we’ll never see Hrid and Ylgr again. Also, while I could see Corrin giving a water attack bonus, a resistance bonus would make no sense. In general, the legendary heroes boost a stat that they excel in, with some exceptions being Marth boosting resistance but that’s more of a one-off anomaly.

Alm I could see as a legendary hero, but not now. Maybe he’ll be the December hero as a good ol’ colorless bow unit. 

I really really hope it’s Hrid but I’ve liked and found use for all the Legendary Heroes so anyone new will be an appreciated addition. If it’s Hrid though I will be going all out on my wallet to get him as close to +10 from his first banner as possible. And then immediately Summoner support him.

Any chance they could pull a Fjord 2 with Book 3? An OC to get players invested in the next story arc? 

Wonder if they'd do a successor the LHs? But what would they be called though? I was thinking something like Hidden, Secret, Revealed, or Lost; rather than try to up the godliness in name, they go for a different, mystical direction. Perhaps a bit like New Mystery's Heroes of Light and Shadow subtitle- the big names long remembered through lore as the LHs, and the littler guys plus smaller bigs as being forgotten with time.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Any chance they could pull a Fjord 2 with Book 3? An OC to get players invested in the next story arc? 

I'm actually expecting that. Even if one suggests "that's a lot of free 5* units to give out", it's clear that they're in favor of having everyone use more than 4 units for everything by their creating more content that requires quantity and diversity. If, say, such a unit is one of these upcoming colorless and they made it a free 5* healer, it would certainly be a big help to many new players, since right now, the only free healer that're permanently available are Lissa and Wrys.

Side note, I'm still grumpy they never gave out a free Gunnthra, even if I did eventually get her.

If there was one, would Fjorm get pulled out of the Arena hero rotation and out of BHB quests I wonder? Or would they leave her and dilute the utility of the Askr trio even more?

What would people prefer?

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

If there was one, would Fjorm get pulled out of the Arena hero rotation and out of BHB quests I wonder? Or would they leave her and dilute the utility of the Askr trio even more?

God, no! Fjorm makes arena F2P friendly and tolerable since all she needs is a QR seal to perform. I don't think blaming her for Shareena's lack of... ability is necessarily fair.

As of right now, Fjorm is part of the main cast now and should keep her current position. Fjorm needs some development in Book 3 and should stay as a member of the main cast until she either dies (if she dies). Shareena needs the development too, of course. They really need to learn from Book II and apply what they learned in Book III.

If the next legendary is Hrid, I refuse to spend even one orb on that banner out of principle. His sisters never should’ve been legendary, and just because they are doesn’t mean that he should be too. That, and he would be another damn sword legendary and probably an infantry one at that.

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

What we need is another Ephraim 

Yeah, and then his trailer would get twice as many dislikes as Lucina’s. I suppose all the outrage and salt a second legendary Ephraim would cause might justify his existence to me.

53 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I'd be cool with adding a 5th (freely available) character to that rotation, though I'd strongly prefer it be a unit type that's different from the Askr trio. Would be amusing to see if they drop Fjorm from the "party" in the banner videos like they did with Virion.

Spoiler

surprise, it's Legendary Virion, come to reclaim his spot!

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

If the next legendary is Hrid, I refuse to spend even one orb on that banner out of principle. His sisters never should’ve been legendary, and just because they are doesn’t mean that he should be too. That, and he would be another damn sword legendary and probably an infantry one at that.

Then it's good for you, you can save orbs! They are many people who want Hrid and Ylgr to be legendary heroes, and I really want that too. And about legendary heroes : Grima isn't a hero but a villain, and Ryoma isn't legendary in Fates. He is just a pain in conquest, and pretty much nothing in Birthright and Revelation. Fjorm and Gunthraa have done more than Ryoma. In addition, we do not know if in the future they will become legends thanks to their actions.

5 hours ago, Drakhis said:

Then it's good for you, you can save orbs! They are many people who want Hrid and Ylgr to be legendary heroes, and I really want that too. And about legendary heroes : Grima isn't a hero but a villain, and Ryoma isn't legendary in Fates. He is just a pain in conquest, and pretty much nothing in Birthright and Revelation. Fjorm and Gunthraa have done more than Ryoma. In addition, we do not know if in the future they will become legends thanks to their actions.

Ryoma was a random choice for Legendary Hero... I mean... Female Grima and Tiki were random choices too, but Grima is a main character and a main villain at the same time, and Tiki is a known character, appeared in a lot of game (Shadow Dragon, New Mystery, Awakening, Warriors and even Tokyo Mirage Session), and she is the first character that come in my mind when I heard/talk about manaketes/dragons

Ryoma is just another royal in Fates. Corrin and Azura deserve more being a Legendary Hero than Ryoma does.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ryoma is just another royal in Fates.

As one of the heirs to a kingdom, and being someone who tags along with the main character (à la Lyn in Eliwood/Hector's Tale in FE7), it makes sense that Ryoma was eligible to be a Legendary Hero for the Fates games. Of course, the same should hold true for Azura, Corrin, and Xander. They should get their own Legendary versions as well unless IS decides to scrap the LH banner concept.

6 minutes ago, Azuni said:

As one of the heirs to a kingdom, and being someone who tags along with the main character (à la Lyn in Eliwood/Hector's Tale in FE7), it makes sense that Ryoma was eligible to be a Legendary Hero for the Fates games. Of course, the same should hold true for Azura, Corrin, and Xander. They should get their own Legendary versions as well unless IS decides to scrap the LH banner concept.

I'm not sure anybody knows what IS will be doing after they've cycled all 12 slots. If they stop re-running the existing legendaries, people will complain. If they stop the LH banners and thus stop re-running seasonals, people will complain. If they keep adding new ones in to the point we can wait eight+ months to see one again, people will complain. 

Edited by Noir

2 minutes ago, Azuni said:

But as first Fates's Legendary Hero, both Azura and Corrin should be the pick. Well, for me, I consider Ryoma the weakest Legendary Hero. Not is strength, but in what he brings to the game. He uses the same weapon his original version has, like Ike, but Ike has a unique Special and Warding Breath is a great skill. Bushido is ok, I guess...

3 minutes ago, Noir said:

I'm not sure anybody knows what IS will be doing after they've cycled all 12 slots. If they stop re-running the existing legendaries, people will complain. If they stop the LH banners and thus stop re-running seasonals, people will complain. If they keep adding new ones in to the point we can wait eight+ months to see one again, people will complain. 

I believe, once we have all 16 Legendary Heroes, with different Blessing/Bonus combinations,  we will have the Legendary Hero Banners normally, but without new Legendary Heroes.

We should get more information on this when the next event calendar goes up. If it seems to have a Nifl banner, we'll know that Hrid and Ylgr are there, along with some third character, probably the queen. She doesn't seem to have gotten a name yet, but she's the only other Nifl character we know anything about. (She's also dead, but that doesn't seem to be an issue.)

One way or the other, I'm sure we're getting Hrid this month. So if he's not on a Nifl banner, he should be the legendary hero. I'm leaning towards the Nifl banner option, it'd work nicely alongside the Muspell one to tie up loose ends over the course of the ~2 months between the end of Book 2 and the start of Book 3.

On 29/09/2018 at 2:16 AM, Sunwoo said:

I really hope it's Hrid. There's really no point in not making him playable -- enough people want him to be playable, the Muspell generals ended up being playable after book 2 had ended, and heck ... Gunnthra is playable. Gunnthra dies halfway throughout book 2. Even if you can technically argue that she did something, Hrid also did something too (even if it was offscreen). If they made Gunnthra playable, there's no point in leaving Hrid out, since unlike Ylgr we know he actually uses a weapon and fights.

Can't think of anyone else who'd fit red water aside from Corrin, but ... I really don't want them. Not to mention that if they give male Corrin the Yato blade again ... ugh. Male Corrin and female Corrin, if they get alts, should be wielding a weapon that their normal version is not. But I don't think either should be legendary heroes.

Eirika could fit with the red water theme, but I have a theory that she's not going to be part of the (first 16) legendary heroes. Alm with a red bow might work, but does he really fit water? More so than Hrid and Corrins?

Hrid can be playable without making him a legendary. Just make a banner with Hrid, Ylgr and Bruno with Surtr GHB. That would be much preferred than to make all four of these legendary heroes as some are suggesting. These heroes come out once a month so they should generate hype, not be some random OC who've barely done anything worthy. 

Corrin is easily one of the best choices for legendary hero due to being the main character of Fates. Compare that to Ryoma who's a major supporting character. Not to mention Corrin can have many different classes due to being a customizable avatar. They could actually give him a more unique colour and weapon type than a generic sword wielding lord 4.0 like Marth who for some reason people were very happy with despite two previous red heroes all being sword wielding. When IS gives us more unique Heroes such as Lyn, Lucina, Tiki and Gunnthra, people throw a hissy fit. I guess the fanbase love their generic sword wielding lords. No wonder Smash roster, Heroes roster, Warriors roster and most FE games in general are bloated with them.  

Why do people think Alm will be a red bow user? I don't remember him wearing red clothes ever nor does he have red hair. Lucina and Lyn are based on the colours of their hair and clothes. If Alm was to be a coloured bow user, he'd be green as well but I think they'll make him colourless due to the lack of colourless legendary heroes. 

Anyway for the last five legendary heroes, I think we should get Micaiah, Eirika, Celica, Roy and Corrin based on popularity and relevance. Most of these characters barring Eirika and Roy can offer a unique niche not shared by previous legendary heroes. Roy is obligatory due to his popularity and being the true legendary hero of Elibe, more so than the other three Elibean lords, two of whom got legendary alts. Despite being an avatar, Corrin only has four alts and they received none in 2018 so he better receive a legendary hero alt soon. The Jugdral lords are too niche in terms of popularity and IS keeps on skipping them probably for that reason. 

16 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Hrid can be playable without making him a legendary. Just make a banner with Hrid, Ylgr and Bruno with Surtr GHB.

I am ok having  Hrid and Ylgr as normal banner units, but Bruno? I don't know... Different from Fjorm, Hríd and the others characters from Book II, Bruno and Veronica are main characters in general. A free unit, like Askr Trio, or as Legendary Hero, would be better.

So, upcoming element schedule is:

• Earth: 9/18 - 10/30
  • Water: 10/23 - 1/1
  • Wind: 12/25 - 3/5
  • Fire: 2/26 - 3/26

Which suggests:

• October: Water #3
  • November: Water #4
  • December: Wind #4
  • January: Wind #5
  • February: Fire #4

This is very strange. It's possible that @Ice Dragon is right about January's banner being a mass rerun rather than a new hero, and I think that'd be a reasonable thing for them to do at some point anyway, but I'm not sure why they'd make February's seasons all wind in that case. I'd expect them to do a mix.

Doing a fifth wind hero before a fourth earth or fire hero would be really strange, but with how weird the schedule is getting, I'm not sure we can rule it out. I also have to wonder if the element schedule is actually guaranteed to stay this way. It sounds like it changed at one point, perhaps it'll change again?

19 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Why would it be water when we already have a red water (Ryoma)? Wouldn't it actually be Wind?

Datamines show upcoming seasons, and seasons correspond to legendaries added that month. Tiki's element was successfully predicted based on that.

We have two green wind units already, so it's not too strange.

Edited by Othin

Why is anyone suggesting that Hrid should be anything but a legendary hero? His sisters are legendary heroes and he's implied to be stronger than both and well known for his strength. He's also the one who's next in line to be Nifl's ruler. It makes zero sense for him NOT to be legendary!

Edited by Anacybele