about legendary weapons

soop

so basically early on in the game i got the durandal and put it on deick and then a few chapters later (it doesn't matter how many) deick died holding the durandal and i was wondering will i get the true ending or not, as the durandal is no longer in my convoy. please tell if i can or not because i really don't want to restart my file as this happened ages ago and my group of units is really good. (i hope this isn't considered spoilers somehow)

If you are playing on emulator or flashcart, you can find some cheat codes to add a Durandal back in your inventory.

But if you're playing on the original cartridge, you will need to try again. TBH the game isn't that long and you might be able to just continue and try for the true ending on your second run.

Way back, I think I played to my 7th or so play-through before I got the true ending. I was a slow player and couldn't read all the Japanese, so I missed a lot of legendary weapons, haha.