October is Here!

Since this is the month of Halloween for the Ameri-kuns here, anyone changing their sig and or avi for the month? Not necessarily scary, but just something for All Hallowed Eve's and the 30 days beforehand?

Also, opinions on Halloween and all that comes with it?

As you see, I've already changed my avi over. I had a hard time deciding, but I picked something that maintained a monstrous feel for Halloween, while at the same time being appealing to me. This choice also fits my username fairly well.

As for Halloween itself, I'm a giant coward, I've never seen a horror movie, and I don't care to go through all the effort of dressing up anymore. Nonetheless, I do hold a slight liking for the month's festive spirit when it isn't super creepy. I wish I was more into it, to relive childhood and all, but I'm not. 

Eh, if I change my avi, it's going to be for my usual "randomly change the avi to something else after X days, where X is not constant".

Honestly, never felt much up to for Halloween. Or more like, the Halloween of "dressing up, spooky stuff, etc". I instead look more to November and Day of the Dead.

I'd change my avatar to something from Castlevania if it wasn't already. Pumped for season 2 coming at the end of the month!

Other than that, figuring out a group costume for the big party this year, the theme is time travel and I'm gonna suggest we go as iconic musicians from different decades. Then I just gotta figure out which Bowie I wanna be

29 days until my birthday gets subsumed into Hallow'een.

Time to see all the chrtistmas stuff right next to the hallow'een stuff as well (See, this is where the war on christmas needs to be)

Aside from that, ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for Halloween itself, I'm a giant coward, I've never seen a horror movie, and I don't care to go through all the effort of dressing up anymore. Nonetheless, I do hold a slight liking for the month's festive spirit when it isn't super creepy. I wish I was more into it, to relive childhood and all, but I'm not. 

This is pretty much me. I always said I'd dress up until the day I die but the past few years...not really. It's like if I don't go anywhere then what's the point?

I think I will stick with my kitty photo. Maybe I will end my sentences/paragraphs with "*Nyan~!* :3" or something. *Nyan~!* :3

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm a giant coward, I've never seen a horror movie

Do not worry, if we watch them together, my own shrieks and jumps would scare you more than the movie itself. My friends usually get scared from me getting scared than by the movie scaring them directly. *Nyan~!* :3

11 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'm ready for the Bone Zone

Made me chuckle. My head is the gutter. *Nyan~!* :3

11 hours ago, Hectorcopter said:

October stinks. Fall is when everything transitions to Winter, and I hate Winter.

Winter is my favorite season. I like the cold and snow. *Nyan~!* :3

13 hours ago, Johann said:

Other than that, figuring out a group costume for the big party this year, the theme is time travel and I'm gonna suggest we go as iconic musicians from different decades. Then I just gotta figure out which Bowie I wanna be

The Thin White Duke might be a good one if you want to be disturbing, since he's a fascist that really into the occult. I think during the Thin White Duke era David Bowie once said that "Hitler was the original rockstar." Gonna have to fact check this later.

Regarding the topic, you remember how I changed my avatar and sig near the beginning of September? It was because I was ready for Halloween! And I don't mind watching scary movies, but video games I freak the hell out with.

Now I can wear long sleeved shirts and a coat again, and no one will raise an eyebrow about why I'm wearing jeans (I don't get hot easily). The days get dark earlier, and I'm not going to look forward to raking leaves. Trunk-or-Treat, which our church hosts every year, is something to look forward too this month.

As for changing my avatar... eh. I don't really have any horror based things in mind for what I could put. Besides, I like my current picture, and I prefer to change them after several months instead of just one (my previous picture being an exception. I still like it, but I didn't think it really fit for more serious (or at least, less goofy) conversations).

Although now that you mention horror movies, I'm reminded that I really need to get around to watching the original Alien. And the Terminator series. And maybe some of those black-and-white movie classics.