Megaman 11 is out! Your thoughts?

Innocentmask

At the time of writing this, its Oct 1st. Megaman 11 will come excactly October 2nd. Its just a thread discussing megaman 11 and your thoughts on it. Im sure there are many here in the forest who like this series and anticipate for it.

Anyways, i didn't play the demo yet. I'd rather experience by playing it myself. Now i don't care if the game is good or bad, I just want the classic megaman experience gameplay. I know it will not be as good as other megaman games but would be certainly better than 7, 8 or possibly even 9 and 10. But its just about the gameplay and levels. Its the fun. Judging by how it looks, its gonna deliver me some great fun and challenge. I do also like the weapons, and the bosses, sure have unique design. But for now, i'd talk about the rest of mm11 later when i played the game already.

Your thoughts guys? Will it be a blast?

Edited by Innocentmask
Changed title, game released.

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I mean, if it does well enough, we might even get X9...

I don't think more need be said.

As somebody who spent many years going "Mega Man Legends is laaaaaaame", I think I'd prefer they resurrect Mega Man Legends 3.

I wouldn't object to new X games, though.

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

As somebody who spent many years going "Mega Man Legends is laaaaaaame", I think I'd prefer they resurrect Mega Man Legends 3.

I mean, that's also reopened as a possibility if this game holds up to the hype somehow.

Frankly, I want Command Mission 2, I actually enjoyed that game, gimme a sequel.

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I mean, that's also reopened as a possibility if this game holds up to the hype somehow.

Frankly, I want Command Mission 2, I actually enjoyed that game, gimme a sequel.

I'd be fine with anything besides more Battle Network. That series was always lost on me.

I just want more Mega Man. Seeing Mega Man makes me happy.

32 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Well Capcom basically admitted the Legacy Collections success was what got them to make MM11, so hopefully the X Collections did well enough for X9.

I often forget that Keiji Inafune is not the creator of Megaman but worked on many titles from the series and made Megaman X and Zero really interesting so I am skeptical about the possibility of X9 or that it will fit in storyline. But I am interested about Megaman 11 and give it a try. I guess I will get in on Steam.

I hope that Megaman may really get more love again.   

Edited by Stroud

16 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Well Capcom basically admitted the Legacy Collections success was what got them to make MM11, so hopefully the X Collections did well enough for X9.

You can always hope. Mega Man games can't be that expensive to make nowadays, so I'm sure there's little risk in new entries. 

Honestly, if they just need to have a life system, couldn't they at least automatically fill the lives back up to the default level if you die before the first checkpoint? Or after beating a level while we are at it, so you don't need to tackle a new stage with no lives? Would this really be such a sacrilegious thing to do?

Oh well, for now I'm still busy with the X Legacy Collection. But I'm sure I will pick this up in the near future.

5 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

This might help me get back to writing my hiatus Megaman fics.

I cry every time I remember my idea of writing Nazi!X in Neo Arcadia (or rather, what Mega Man Zero would've been without dumb executive meddling).

I swear I can't wait for that game, although I'm not such a big fan of the classic series. I can't even imagine my reaction if they eventually make a X series related game.

On that note, I wish they continued with the X and ZX series.

3 minutes ago, Rapier said:

I cry every time I remember my idea of writing Nazi!X in Neo Arcadia (or rather, what Mega Man Zero would've been without dumb executive meddling).

I swear I can't wait for that game, although I'm not such a big fan of the classic series. I can't even imagine my reaction if they eventually make a X series related game.

On that note, I wish they continued with the X and ZX series.

NOOO! I'll be honest, I much prefer Copy X. I loved X and to see that he lived to become the villain would be too much for my heart. :sob:

I would like some X series. I just wish that Starforce could get back in as well. But I know that's impossible. 

5 hours ago, Slumber said:

I'd be fine with anything besides more Battle Network. That series was always lost on me.

Battle Network is actually my favorite Mega Man series.

That being said, I don't expect or desire sequels to Battle Network- or really even Legends, ZX or Star Force. Maybe that's because my expectations are set too firmly about reality, or that I haven't played any of those three.

As for Mega Man 11, I'm pretty excited. As others have, I've held off from the demo and the robot master trailers (for the most part on that second one). It should be pretty neat, but I'd actually forgotten the release date was so soon. I thought it'd be way later this month, for some reason. Looking forward to deciphering the weaknesses myself- for past games, I went in spoiled on the weakness order.

Ok, so now its the day Megaman 11 will release!

So this thread isn't obsolete just yet. When the game is released, we can still talk about our thoughts on the game so far. The gameplay, bosses, weapons etc. But please no story spoilers and wily fortress bosses!

Edited by Innocentmask

38 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Game's tough.

I've beaten it on normal, I can confirm this game is one of the hardest if not the most difficult of the classic series. However, none of it ever felt... bullshit except for one thing.

Spoiler

The goddamn Yellow Devil with a goddamn speed gear.

So far, I've beaten Fuse Man and Block Man's levels. I am on Torch Man's level. 

It's tough, especially since Torch Man uses attacks that sends projectiles you cannot blast your way through. 

I've used the Speed Gear often, but the Power Gear I really haven't touched, or even the Double Gear Mode.

1 hour ago, Yula said:

I've beaten it on normal, I can confirm this game is one of the hardest if not the most difficult of the classic series. However, none of it ever felt... bullshit except for one thing.

Hide contents

The goddamn Yellow Devil with a goddamn speed gear.

I'm up in the air as for how hard it is compared to the rest.

It definitely feels more forgiving(As in, even just dying a few times on a stage will get you more than enough bolts to buy plenty of upgrades, Energy and Weapon tanks, lives, etc...), but the levels are brutal, and the Robot Masters are difficult even if you have the right weapon.

Anyway, I'm happy with this. It's a great Mega Man game, and presentation-wise, it's actually progress for the series, and there are enough quirks here and there to make it stand out.

A ton of reviewers keep saying "It's just Mega Man", but I feel like most of them aren't fans of the series and aren't seeing anything that stands out with MM11, like the fun stage gimmicks, which nearly every stage has(And aren't aggravating as fuck), the bosses also using the Gear system, and the Gear system itself. Power Gear kinda sucks, but Speed Gear has enough uses that it can fundamentally change a lot of aspects of the game.

It seems like most people who actually give a shit about Mega Man are also very happy with this from what I've seen.

Oh, also for the first time in a long time, most of the powers you get in the game actually feel useful.

Edited by Slumber

11 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Anyway, I'm happy with this. It's a great Mega Man game, and presentation-wise, it's actually progress for the series, and there are enough quirks here and there to make it stand out.

A ton of reviewers keep saying "It's just Mega Man", but I feel like most of them aren't fans of the series and aren't seeing anything that stands out with MM11, like the fun stage gimmicks, which nearly every stage has(And aren't aggravating as fuck), the bosses also using the Gear system, and the Gear system itself. Power Gear kinda sucks, but Speed Gear has enough uses that it can fundamentally change a lot of aspects of the game.

It seems like most people who actually give a shit about Mega Man are also very happy with this from what I've seen.

Oh, also for the first time in a long time, most of the powers you get in the game actually feel useful.

Yeah, the Speed Gear is where it's at. You pretty much have no need for the Power Gear, since it's really the slowing down time that lets you get to where you need to.

I... haven't used the other powers I got. XP

Been beating the opponents at base form the entire way.