Dance Dance Revolution Movie in the Works

Randoman

I saw this on GoNintendo and I felt like I had to share it.

Greg Silverman’s Stampede has announced that they'll be producing a movie based on Konami's Dance Dance Revolution. In a synopsis that is both horrifying and amazing at the same time, the DDR film will "explore a world on the brink of destruction where the only hope is to unite through the universal language of dance." Stampede will partner with producers J. Todd Harris and Marc Marcum of Branded Entertainment, as well as Konami, on the film.

So what do you guys think of this? Part of me cringes at the very idea of this, but the other part of me can't wait to see how ridiculous and amusing the movie will be.

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

The last I have heard about the Tetris move was several years ago. That somehow it will be a trilogy, I kid you not.

I heard they were having problems with the script. Every time they finish a line it disappears.

*ba dum tss*

But all joking aside...how on earth?

5 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I heard they were having problems with the script. Every time they finish a line it disappears.

*ba dum tss*

My guess is after the Tetris movie there where will be the Bejeweled, Peggle, and Lemmings movies. Leading up to the big crossover in the puzzle cinematic universe.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

As an active pump it up player myself, if it's an apocalypse movie where everything is solved by DDR it'll probably be terrible.

If it's about the competitive aspect of it like a sort of, sports movie structure then i'm excited.

bout time they made the one video game movie that needs to exist.

also, in what decade is this a real thing, because I haven't even thought of ddr in 8 years.

can't wait for fates on ice.

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

*ba dum tss*

Well, there's the Complete History of the Soviet Union Arranged to the Melody of Tetris. And Tetris'D (and it's sequels). And the (actually pretty fun) game based off Tetris'D. I wouldn't consider a Tetris movie that out there, although it would work better as a short film more than anything else.

As for the topic itself... Honestly, my first thought jumped to this:

But seriously, it sounds like the kind of film that runs off cheese, and no one is supposed to take it seriously.

12 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

But how would Flora's death work in that? The ice would melt.

That's something they'd cut out, considering she's basically irrelevant to the entire story.

This isn't just the most brilliant premise for the film, it's probably the only one that could work. And I firmly believe you could make a good movie out of any topic if your premise is solid and everybody making it is on the same page.

I actually can see this working, believe it or not, if it takes itself seriously. Sure it will probably spawn a bunch of memes and have gosh darn cringey lines out of context, but by this point movies have been made out of pretty much anything and worked