Which hero has the best voice acting?

Faellin

Just wondering, in your oppinion, which character has the best voiceover?

Oddly i'm enjoying Legion alot. He was always rather amusing the way he talked in NMoTE. And the super hyper active voice he has here is just great.

Ozawa Ari as Fae in Japanese I'd take as my top pick. Not only does she do a superbly convincing job of voicing a little kid, but she also makes her sound so diabetes-inducingly adorable.

The most notable runners up (roughly in order) for me are

• Takada Yuuki as Winter Tharja
  • Ookawa Tooru as Valter
  • Yukinari Toa as Gwendolyn
  • Nakai Kazuya as Helbindi

for sounding very not generic and very convincing of who they are.

My picks for Top VAs are

•Robbie Daymond(Ares, Tobin) This guy’s range is amazing. My favorite voice actor overall.

•Grant George(Sigurd, Clive) The perfect voice for Sigurd, he’s incredibly fitting for him.

•Xander Mobus(Innes, Arvis, Kaze) Great deep voice which always leave an impression.

•Ray Chase(Alfonse, Roy, Gaius) Another guy with great range

•Kaiji Tang(Odin, Shiro, Narcien, Lloyd) You can tell he loves his job. He loves voicing Owain/Odin.

Richard Epcar is having a wonderful fucking time in every role they give him.

In terms of individual performances; Marisa's awkwardness, Ethlyn being lowkey a lovable moron, Julius chewing the scenery, Soleil being obnoxious as all hell, Legault's intense favourite uncle energies, and seasonal alts of dour or grim characters like Kagero or Takumi letting down their hair and having a great time.

No one's mentioned Kyle Hebert? Yeah, I'm a bit biased because he voices Freddy <3 but this guy's got RANGE. I mean, I would've never figured out on my own that he's also Bartre if the game didn't already tell me. And Validar in Awakening if someone didn't tell me. Localization needs to give this guy more Heroes roles.

Also, Amanda Miller totally nailed Yukata Elincia. She sounds so natural and real in the line where she trips over her feet trying to dance!

Greg Chun does a great job sounding like Jason Adkins for Ike too, though I do wish he could sound a bit more different than he does with his other characters. I can see differences in voice depth, but not a whole lot. And some others don't see the difference, which makes me wonder if it's my above-average hearing that lets me hear the differences.

I also have to echo the mentions of Xander Mobus, he does great as Arvis and Kaze!

I like Kaiji Tang as Shiro too and think he should voice Kieran!

Edited by Anacybele

David Vincent (M!Grima is sooooo sultry)

Laura Post (Silvia is just so on point)

Robbie Daymond (Ares is delicious)

Xander Mobus (Literally everyone but I love him as Innes, he nails it)

Kaiji Tang (Every time he opens his mouth, it's gold)

Stephanie Sheh (Rhajat and Tharja's Seasonals are always amusing)

Ian Sinclair (Always love him)

Griffin Burns (I don't have Julius but I looovveed everything about his dialogue and delivery)

Marisha Ray does great with Oboro, as usual.

Personal favorite: Ratana for Ishtar. I love her delivery, especially for her Critical Quotes.

My favourite voice actors are:

- Grant George (Clive, Sigurd) This guy has like my favourite voice very holy shit. I don't know what it is but this is what a sexy voice is like to me
- Cristina Vee (Athena, Lachesis) Talk about range. In the series she voices 4 characters so far (Tatiana and Edelgard as well) who are all completely different characters. She does such a great job and is a great singer!
- Mela Lee (All the Tikis) I love her British Accent that she is pulling for Tiki. It makes her more noticable to me. 
- Veronica Taylor (Micaiah) You wouldn't catch me guessing this was Ash's voice actress. She fits Micaiah perfectly and does a great job.
- Kira Buckland (Eirika, Katarina) AGAIN RANGE. You're telling me THIS is Hiyoko Saionji? That is extremely impressive and not easy to accomplish, I love it.

My all time favorite would be Super Bun Bun Pal. She is too cute. For cute girls, I guess Elise and NS!Elise are close seconds. Laevatein's lines are good too, so she is fourth. I just want to hug them all.

For girls in general, I like Laegjarn and Lene. Both their lines are great.

For dudes, Seth's voice makes my inner princess swoon, so kudos to Chris Smith. If I was Eirika, I would not even look at Ephraim Innes, Forde, or Saleh, but I might go after Tana though. You know who else is voiced by Chris Smith? "Magic is everything!" Double kudos to him.

This is some of my favorites:

• Max Mittelman (Gording, Gray, Leo): He has a great voice, and he does a great job as Gray in both Heroes and Echoes.
  • Stephanie Sheh (Tharja, Beruka, Rhajat): I really enjoy Winter Tharja voice clips.
  • Ray Chase (Alfonse, Roy, Gaius): He does a great job as Alfonse and Roy. I hope he voices Roy in Smash too.
  • Chris Smith (Legion, Reinhardt): I am surprised both characters have the same voice actor!
  • Brianna Knickerbocker (Sakura, Ninian): I love how calm her voice is.

Mela Lee (All of the Tikis)- The British accent she does and I appreciate that she can do the accent for both young and adult Tiki

Erica Lindbeck (Celica and Myrrh) - A slight bias but I do think she does a great job.

Brianna Knickerbocker (Mainly Est, Sakura, and Ninian, but she also does a good Charlotte from what I can tell) - She does a good job portraying shy and quiet characters, but has a good enough ability to energetic people like Est

Cam Clarke (Arthur) - I love Arthur's over the top Superhero Stereotype, but he also does a good job calming down for Corrin

Cherami Leigh (Caeda and May as well as a couple of others) - She is just really great

Connor Kelley (Felicia, Catria, Marissa, and Setsuna) - I love her voice she does. 

Kaiji Tang (Lloyd, Narcian, Odin, and Shiro) - You can tell that he loves his job and that makes me love his work

Richard Epcar (Hardin, Oliver, and Walhart) - The voice of Xemnas from Kingdom Hearts? Heck yeah, I love his voice

Alexis Tipton (Clair and Lucina) - She does a great job replacing Laura Bailey and is overall a great voice actress

Edit: How could I forget the wonderful voice of Feh the owl for the Order of Heroes. She is fantastic

Edited by SuperDK
Forgot to mention something

Patrick Seitz is pretty high up there. He just has a very lovely voice in general and it gets even better when he shouts. His arm is singing and his blade is unBENDING! 

Cam Clark will always be special for having voiced Kratos but he's great when he starts having fun as an over the top Superhero too. His Corrin is a little whiny but he's supposed to be. 

Richard Epcar tends to do a really good job as any villain. He sounds pretty rough and harsh which is exactly how Hardin and Walhard are supposed to sound.

8 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

For a solid minute I thought you were talking about God of War Kratos and I was very very confused-

GOW Kratos would wish to sound as baddass as Kratos Aurion :D:

He's not the only Symphonia voice actor in Heroes either. Tailtiu and Fjorme gets voiced by Colette Brunnel which made me happy since I never heard that voice actress after Symphonia. 

I enjoy listening to Wendee Lee's work - especially the voice acting she did for Lyn.

Also enjoy listening to Connor Kelley (Catria, Felicia), Cherami Leigh (Caeda, Cecilia, Mae), Kira Buckland (Eirika, Katarina), Alexis Tipton (Palla), Julie Ann Taylor (Cordelia, Selena, Linde, Flora), Brianna Knickerbocker (Ninian, Sakura), and Melissa Fahn (Tana).

Chris Smith is part of the reason Reinhardt is such a huge meme - "Magic is everything!"

Xander Mobus... while Arvis sounds great, I still keep hearing him as the Super Smash Smash Bros. announcer, Master Hand, and Crazy Hand.

• Xander Mobus (Arvis, Innes)
  • Allegra Clark (Karla, Ethlyn)
  • Kira Buckland (Eirika, Katarina)
  • Brina Palencia (Ayra, Lute)
  • Erika Ishii (Loki)
  • Robbie Daymond (Tobin, Ares)
  • Chris Hackney (Boey, Quan)
  • Todd Haberkorn (Joshua, Morgan, Siegbert)

Overall, I like a lot of VAs, but I limited them to ones I especially liked of course. I could probably write a few performances I didn't care for in a more concise list, but that's for another thread.

I could probably go on for a while about most of the voice actors, but I'll try to narrow it down to a few that stand out to me or haven't been brought up as much:

• Connor Kelley as Felicia: Perfect delivery of that dorky energy, with quite a few snorty giggles as the cherry on top. This is unquestionably my #1 favorite performance in the game. I didn't know the character at all, but I was sold as soon as I heard her voice clips on the status page. 
  • Cherami Leigh as Mae: It probably helped that she had recorded her lines for Echoes not long before, which had shown how well the cast had developed their characters (no doubt thanks to the localization giving them the time to do so). Anyway, this performance stands out among Leigh's other roles for showcasing her comedic timing and energy, along with a touch of vocal range for depth-- nobody could deliver "Eat this, pal!" like she can.
  • Marisha Ray as Shanna: From a character that doesn't have a whole lot of dialogue in their base game, this is a case where the voice actor creates a whole new dimension for them. Despite being a character archetype that repeats throughout the series, Ray's performance as Shanna makes the character stand out as her own, full of life.
  • Taylor Henry as Virion: I had a hard time picking my favorite of Taylor Henry's roles here, but ultimately I settled on Virion because it's 100% consistent with his Awakening performance, it's a convincing accent, and it's dramatically different from his other performances which tend to emphasize how deep and big his voice can be (probably best exemplified with Hawkeye). 
  • Robert Clotworthy as the Black Knight: While his voice sounds a bit too mature for young looking (in FEH's art) characters like Zelgius and Finn, it's perfect for the Black Knight. His calm delivery is ominous from a faceless villain, and delivers his action lines with the right intensity without going over the top (which would be out of character). 
  • DC Douglas as Gunter: Another performer with excellent range. He's a young guy who pulls off the older man voice, though notably he gives a very distinct performance from his Wrys. Absolutely nails it with his stern delivery, and despite the character being "serious", he's actually very amusing to listen to.
  • Cam Clarke as Arthur: Yet another veteran voice actor with tremendous range. Like others have pointed out, he's quite well known for his role as Kratos in Tales of Symphony, but here he goes all in with the distinct Hanna-Barbera-like performance and it's an absolute treasure. This is some perfect casting that gives him the chance to show off not just his range, but his comedic ability too.
5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

No one's mentioned Kyle Hebert? Yeah, I'm a bit biased because he voices Freddy <3 but this guy's got RANGE. I mean, I would've never figured out on my own that he's also Bartre if the game didn't already tell me. And Validar in Awakening if someone didn't tell me. Localization needs to give this guy more Heroes roles.

He also voices Ryu in Smash Bros. He's the kind of voice actor with such tremendous range that he could voice half of an entire cast if given the opportunity.

How can we forget the two popular Falchion boys:

• Yuri Lowenthal (Marth, Eliwood) - He nails their gentle, humble personalities. And who'd have thought he'd make such a good Spider-Man/Peter Parker?
  • Matthew Mercer (Chrom, Ryoma) - We all love this guy. Serious one moment, using specials with Exalt Chrom the next. "I'M BEING HELPFUL!". XD

I'd need to listen to all the voices some more before I could really pick favorites. But I'll echo all the previous posts. Heroes has done a damn good job with voice acting for the most part. An impressive feat for a mobile game.

I agree with others in the thread who've said FEH overall has great quality voice acting, but my favorites...

Kyle McCarley's Soren is extra top notch. I think it captures his personality perfectly.

Brianna Knickbocker's Ninian is so soft and calm. Her attack voice clips are so cute too!

Misty Lee packed a ton of matronly power into Titania. If only I could sound half as cool... ;w;

Richard Epcar made Oliver too perfect for words.

6 hours ago, Michelaar said:

My favourite voice actors are:

- Grant George (Clive, Sigurd) This guy has like my favourite voice very holy shit. I don't know what it is but this is what a sexy voice is like to me
- Cristina Vee (Athena, Lachesis) Talk about range. In the series she voices 4 characters so far (Tatiana and Edelgard as well) who are all completely different characters. She does such a great job and is a great singer!
- Mela Lee (All the Tikis) I love her British Accent that she is pulling for Tiki. It makes her more noticable to me. 
- Veronica Taylor (Micaiah) You wouldn't catch me guessing this was Ash's voice actress. She fits Micaiah perfectly and does a great job.
- Kira Buckland (Eirika, Katarina) AGAIN RANGE. You're telling me THIS is Hiyoko Saionji? That is extremely impressive and not easy to accomplish, I love it.

Veronica Taylor sounds a bit like May since I believed she also voiced May. 

My favs:

1. Matt Mercer: Is there anything this guy can do from being a reckless prince to smooth singing Pegasus Knight who sang a DLC?

2. Julie Ann Taylor: Like how different she can go from Cordelia to Selena to Nephenee. Why does she have a habit of reciting characters with unrequited love though? 

3. Alexis Tipton: Loved the enthusiasm she gave Clair during Echoes. Made her one of my favorite characters, and fav character in Echoes. She mimics Bailey well, in warriors; couldn’t tell the difference if you didn’t tell me.

4. Brianna Knickerbocker: Great how’s she voices shy characters well, but versatile to the enough to voice a rough girl like Charlotte.

3 hours ago, Johann said:

He also voices Ryu in Smash Bros. He's the kind of voice actor with such tremendous range that he could voice half of an entire cast if given the opportunity.

Yeah, I know that too. And exactly!

Ian Sinclair (Berkut)

Chris Hackney (Quan) 

Allegra Clark (Ethlyn)

Grant George (Sigurd) 

Robbie Daymond (Ares)

Griffin Burns (Julius)

Kira Buckland (Eirika) 

Matt Mercer (Ryoma)

It is difficult to choose just one. Come to think of it, the cast of FE4 seem to have pretty strong showing in quality voice work, especially given the passionate delivery in some of their lines; if a remake for FE4 were to happen, I'd like to see the current actors reprise their roles. The Shadows of Valentia cast have been all-around solid in this aspect as well.