Bound Hero Battle: The Goddess and Her Right Hand

SatsumaFSoysoy

Sorry for the late replies you two, but I was busy this weekend, didn't even tried to do Xander Abyssal yet. Also no Oliver/Celica clear for Kana. 

17 hours ago, Zeo said:

The Celica clear was interesting because I had no idea how you were going to get to Ishtar, Brave Celica strikes again in that regard. Celica is so absurdly powerful (basically all her variants really) that she tends to ignore the weapon triangle all together. That 49 SPD also was delicious.

Ishtar wasn't the problem (OG Celica would have one-rounded her with Brazen active), but Reinhardt was surprisingly hard to kill even with magic. 

Old-School Celica is really super-fast, 45 SPD without any SPD altering skills or buffs is insane. Could push her to 64 with a refined sword, LnD3, SPD+3, Summoner Support and SPD Tactic (never had L!Lyn though). 

17 hours ago, Zeo said:

Oliver didn't take a single point of damage in his clear. I thought you would camp out and make more use of Skadi so Oliver would reverse Ishtar's Odd ATK Wave and tank her on the first turn, but I imagine the archer probably made that difficult. Still you made good use of it and Walhart had just enough ATK to oneshot Ishtar. A little touch and go there!

Yeah, Oliver wasn't the VIP here, but I had this clear done so fast, I didn't want to rethink everything just to give him more screen-time. If you remember the L!Hector clear, Walhart is becoming slowly the star of this show. 

17 hours ago, Zeo said:

Matthew was king here.

Indeed. 

Matthews opening was already awesome, tanking 4 units and killing one in the process. I'm not sure, perhaps he would have killed Ishtar and the red mage with SPD smoke instead of Flashing Blade? But I guess he needed Aether healing as fast as possible. 

17 hours ago, Zeo said:

For the Morgan clear, it's how it usually is

Incredible Priscilla, you sure know how to make colorless units shine! 

Also that double against Ishtar, I thought you'd use Morgans tome to make Amelia fast enough, but she didn't need buffs/debuffs in the end. 

One of the faster Morgan clears, congrats! 

18 hours ago, Zeo said:

For the last clear, I honestly wasn't going to do anything.

Oh nice, a "new toys" clear. Faye (and Delthea) isn't new, but I'm happy she got some action. Tanking is were she excels. 

Funny how Ishtar keeps repeating her wrong prediction while dying. 

I'm surprised you are not running Flashing Blade on Lon'qu, seems natural. In the end those two Lunas were perfectly timed, no seal needed after all. 

17 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid BAHAHA. I was not prepared for the music for the Oliver clear (although I think parts of it it would fit more on a Legion map). Still, impressive to see Oliver come out unscathed. The exact damage on Ishtar at the end was icing on the cake, and nice use of Stahl's Ruby Sword!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the music. :-)

Stahl grew on me, I didn't replace him with Garon after all. Of course that didn't happen because I had no idea how to build Garon. 

Celica is amazing, she could've destroyed Ishtar in one of those moves. Nice use of a teleporting Sword Celica. They really need to release a healer Celica alt or something to help with those HP lowering weapons and skills haha.

Na, I hope 4th Celica will be red as well ... I like the theme of this team and the challenge. You won't see me against mixed blue Abyssal tanks with that team though. 

Well I think I'm going to do more elemental themes, after doing the Thunder clear I noticed I can do a Ice Emblem team. 

Nice selection and theme! Didn't know Ninian got Ice-DNA, but should have guessed from a famous SF name. Do you plan to promote Felicia? Her Weapon is great, even without refinement. 

That was an awesome opener with Fjorm! Surviving by 1 HP, fat Ice mirror damage and she avoided being archer-killed by sparing Ishtars life. 

Also Flora tanks Ishtar (missing only Felcia), even if for once Ishtar had no Moonbow charged. 

Congrats! 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mcsilas Nostalgic Kula theme man... Ice Clear was great. Didn't matter that Felicia wasn't finished, she still played her part and yet more 1 HP clutch. Also this vid reminds me that I didn't pull Flora or Ophelia, but you know what? These past few banners when I don't pull a unit I'm going for I wind up with a unit I really want as a pitybreaker (Ephraim/Veronica) so it's all good. Enough about me, would have loved this theme on an ice map, I'm actually saving a few themes for the same, but it worked here as well.

Also the theme I used in the Ishtar map is "Song of the Ancients: Fate" from Nier. Which reminds me I never told you the name of the theme I used in the Saias clear. That one was "Wir fliegen" from Xenoblade Chronicles X.

@Alexmender Faye is premium fodder because of her bow but honestly if she were to demote she'd be a fantastic candidate for a +10 merge. She's literally the best defensive infantry bow. Jakob is superior, but you probably would want Brave Bow+ Bold Fighter nonsense rather than an EP build.

@mampfoid I just wish I knew what I wanted to do with this +5 Serra sitting in my barracks. Or rather... I had what I needed to build her.

And yeah, Flashing Blade is perfect for Lon'Qu, but that SPD+1 seal put him at exactly 50 SPD which was really, really appealing to look at. Plus he didn't need it so it was fine.

• 5 months later...

So, the rerun.

I don't think I've had as easy a time in a while.

Flier cleared with NY!Fjorm, GunntNY, Brinian and Cherche, who all had an easy time wiping this lot out. I started on Ishtar, dealt with the enemy as they came (Rein was 1-rounded, I think the mage 1-shot) and the end involved Cherche hitting the archer, who had to run back for the Manakete, who died in 1 round to Cherche and left a space for her to get the archer.

Askrtrio cleared with Nohrzura. Cheating for me, sure, but this map was a joke and it was easy to get stuff done with her around. Alfonse gets danced and sits on the left to face the archer and manakete (the archer hits, the manakete dies. They should have doubled, but Alfonse 1-shot). The next turn he pulls back while Anna and Sharena start dealing with Rein and the mage. Rein dies first, the mage then dies next turn alongside the now caught up Ishtar and archer.

The quests were not hard.

For the Flier Team quest, I used Summer Corrin, Summer Young Tiki, Halloween Mia and Reyson.

The "Defeat Reinhardt with Sharena" was easy, but defeat Ishtar with Anna can be a little trick. I didn't try this on in the BHB map. Instead, I played the Book II Ch 9-3 to complete this quest.

If someone is having problems in defeat the duo using the especific unit:

• Ishtar appears in Book II Chapters 9-3  9-5;
  • Sword Reinhardt appears in Book II Chapters 7-2, 7-4 and 7-5.

Took a few tries but I cleared the non-flier quests in one go with Anna, Sharena, A!Azura, and PA!Azura. I just had A!Azura tank Ishtar and the archer with 2 stacks of Drive Def after being buffed with Rally Def/Res and some speed buffs to not get doubled by Ishtar. After that was basically clean up with Anna and Sharena.

I remember how much trouble I had with this when it first rolled around~ I tried to recreate my original clear but I don't even remember how I set myself up, haha, so I decided to go with something more fun~

AND THAT IS THE COMPLETED MIWABE SAKURA EMBLEM~

Skill wise, this ended up being tricky~ I need Kana to not lose too much health on the first round that she'll die later, but also get low enough so she can use her Escape Route shenanigans, so she needed TA 1 with her DD3, and Mist needed to downgrade to Spur Res 1 so she would get low enough~ Drive Res was needed so Delthea doesn't get one shot by Ishtar, and QP prevents Ishtar from attacking her in the first place~  After that, it was mostly a matter of who to heal and when~

I know I watched most of the clears from last time, but I don’t think I commented on them (except Zeo’s in another thread), so Imma do that now, sorry to spam your notifs from my time machine~ 

@mampfoid - Oooh Olwen~ This one was easy to one turn~ I love when Roy gets the Galeforce after a dance

Celicas were not scared of Ishtar~ I love how the rest dipped to let Fallen Celica fend for herself. The music was so in sync with the animations LOL~

Tanking Stahlll~ He did great this match~ Good work saving Ishtar for last, and killing with exact damage~ Cool~

@LordFrigid- Ah I remember DC Caeda soloing this one, still awesome~

@Alexmender - Eirika took on the hardest foe first and it was a cake walk after that

@Thor Odinson- Love the Judgral team, Finn is super tanky, love him with the Tannenboom!

Ooh, I remember watching this double duo, too~ Reinhardt with that CC Egg, haha~

@kirauza343 - Super easy for your team, they didn’t have any trouble at all~ Even Cherche tanked like a champ

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Cool team, F!Robin was a champ~ Selena just barely got the final kill in one turn, but still nice!

@mcsilas- Lots of Olwens were used to beat this map (no wonder I had so much trouble back then, still don’t have her, haha)~ OG!Hector did a lot of work~ Loved seeing Olwen quad her brother. Close call against the green cav~ Ishtar fought well against the Green Manakete for Ryoma to finish off. Wary Fighter QR is a really awesome strat~

More Thracia Emblem, too~ Leif took a tone of hits, nice having Nanna there to heal him up

Ice Emblem also makes an appearance~ Fjorm ate two Moonbows and lived, what a tank~ Flora did awesome with her Res, and 4* Felicia got a nice kill~

@Nanima - Firesweep was a great way to take care of the ranged enemies, Sunkumi pretty much ran through this one on his own~ OG!Taku and Skadkumi did the big tanking and Nyakumi got that finishing blow~ Great work!

@Robert of Normandy - Haha, nice, you can get your quest done with your main team~ Reinhardt’s Pavise is funnily what makes this possible for the one turn~ Nice work!

10 hours ago, Landmaster said:

AND THAT IS THE COMPLETED MIWABE SAKURA EMBLEM~

Yohoooo, congrats! 

Nice how you set up Escape route, beaming is the best movement type. I'll have to rewatch it, I had to switch audio off sadly - so I missed the most important part of the theme. /edit: Wait, she was the artist, not the VA. 

Nice team, I only have Lachesis. 

Oooh Olwen~ This one was easy to one turn~ I love when Roy gets the Galeforce after a dance

Celicas were not scared of Ishtar~ I love how the rest dipped to let Fallen Celica fend for herself. The music was so in sync with the animations LOL~

Tanking Stahlll~ He did great this match~ Good work saving Ishtar for last, and killing with exact damage~ Cool~

Haha, I almost forgot about those. Glad you liked them. 

I know I watched most of the clears from last time, but I don’t think I commented on them (except Zeo’s in another thread), so Imma do that now, sorry to spam your notifs from my time machine~ 

Don't worry, I'm posting my clears to chat about them (and others) in the first place. Not getting TOASTY from this. ;-) 

Edited by mampfoid

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Yohoooo, congrats! 

Nice how you set up Escape route, beaming is the best movement type. I'll have to rewatch it, I had to switch audio off sadly - so I missed the most important part of the theme. /edit: Wait, she was the artist, not the VA. 

Nice team, I only have Lachesis. 

Haha, I almost forgot about those. Glad you liked them. 

Don't worry, I'm posting my clears to chat about them (and others) in the first place. Not getting TOASTY from this. ;-) 

Yeah, this is the artist~ But I do want to do a VA theme like MCSilas does, though~ Want to do Greg Chun, but don't want to use two Ikes for it, so I'll come up with something~

Keke thanks!

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Yeah, this is the artist~ But I do want to do a VA theme like MCSilas does, though~ Want to do Greg Chun, but don't want to use two Ikes for it, so I'll come up with something~

Keke thanks!

Hmm what's wrong with Ike?

You could do Ike emblem Lukas, Eldigan and two Ephraims. 

"Keep an eye on your enemies' HP. They might use Vantage to turn the tables!"

They warned us about the dangers of Vantage. I decided to take that warning to heart. Ares, slaughter everyone in a single turn for me, okay? Thanks. YOU SCOUNDREL

[ SKILLS ]
Ares: Dark Mystletainn, Draconic Aura, Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Def Smoke 3, Attack +3
NY!Hríd: Geishun+, Hone Atk 4
L!Azura: Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves
Robin: Yelling tactical advice such as "Murder everything!"

(Thank you, @Flying Shogi!)

Edited by Reddazrael

One more bonus clear from me~ Spring Theme Team!

Wanted to test out my new Bun Vewonica and Buncina and they actually didn't take too long to beat it~

Veronica needed Drive Atk and Spur Spd to help Buncina not get doubled by Ishtar and take out Reinhardt (he lives with 1 HP without it, poor Lucina with that Atk stat). 

Elise's Drive Res actually saves Veronica against the Red Mage.

Catria needed her Darting Blow to counter the Bow Fighter's Darting Stance, Drive Spd to also help Lucina not get doubled, Hardy Bearing to kill Ishtar, and Red Tomebreaker to very slightly change the AI to a more favorable position on the last turn (also Chill Res on two units seemed pointless)~

And weak Bun Bun needed Atk/Spd Bond to, you guessed it, not get doubled (-Spd is very unfavorable, LOL). I also didn't notice this until after but her Breath of Life gives Veronica enough HP to survive the Red Mage at the end. I could have just upgraded her Seal to 3 so Veronica could change Seals but I didn't want to spend the Coins if I didn't have to (Mythic Battles coming up).

On 3/21/2019 at 5:34 PM, mampfoid said:

Hmm what's wrong with Ike?

You could do Ike emblem Lukas, Eldigan and two Ephraims. 

I just didn't want to over-Ike it~ If only I had 2 Ephraims~ I need to grind up a Lukas so I don't have to do any doubles, haha~

On 23.3.2019 at 5:28 PM, Landmaster said:

One more bonus clear from me~ Spring Theme Team!

Don't know how I could forget to comment on this awesome team, sorry! 

Nice hit & run tactic, your bunnies keep hiding some eggs in the middle of the fight. Some close calls with Verobunny, especially the 100% kill in the end, now I want a +ATK Vero as well

I like how Elise can be seasonal in every season, haha. Congrats! 

• 10 months later...
On 2/19/2020 at 9:53 PM, Landmaster said:

Could have probably got HS!Elise to one-round that Red Mage

If she’d one-rounded the mage, we wouldn’t have gotten to see the ridiculous damage bump she got out of Broadleaf Fan on the next turn!  I see Summer Elise is still going strong with her Gronnblade+Vantage setup.