Bound Hero Battle: The Goddess and Her Right Hand

SatsumaFSoysoy

26 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

My guess is that he also started the clear with attacking Reinhardt

Started by taking out Ishtar. ;-)

27 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Below is my Infernal clear of this BHB. It's slightly amusing having Reinhardt taking out other self. 

Nice, clean and fast. Congrats! 

Clearly your Reinhardt was the better choice for this map. 

27 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I was mostly noticing that we both used our blue flier to lay the smack down on Reinhardt and the bow.

He is the obvious choice to take damage and isn't easily killed with physical reds (didn't try though). 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid Nice as always! Using Olwen was a pretty nice touch. 

- - - 

Now I'm not super late, yay!

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo @kirauza343 @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

For me this map was extremely easy, although it took 3 tries because I thought that Eirika would be able to tank Ishtar at full power (she can't) and the second because I played a bit too defensive and ended up cornering myself in a way that put Cordelia and Lancina in danger's way. 

19 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid Nice as always! Using Olwen was a pretty nice touch. 

Thanks! 

19 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

For me this map was extremely easy, although it took 3 tries because I thought that Eirika would be able to tank Ishtar at full power (she can't) and the second because I played a bit too defensive and ended up cornering myself in a way that put Cordelia and Lancina in danger's way. 

Victory for Nerdrika! Had no doubts you'd succeed here, congrats.

...I'm really surprised anyone is saying this is easy when it has two OP units in Ishtar and Sword Rein. Both have very good stats and weapons and hit you massively hard no matter what. I don't think I have anyone that can survive them on infernal because of how OP they generally are, with or without stat inflation. I did do hard and lunatic with my horse team though.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I'm really surprised anyone is saying this is easy when it has two OP units in Ishtar and Sword Rein. Both have very good stats and weapons and hit you massively hard no matter what. I don't think I have anyone that can survive them on infernal because of how OP they generally are, with or without stat inflation. I did do hard and lunatic with my horse team though.

... Sharena tanks Reinhardt AND the Green cavalier easy with her Refine and close defense support from Veronica?!? This BHB is like easy only needed to inherit Swap to Alfonse to clear this.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

... Sharena tanks Reinhardt AND the Green cavalier easy with her Refine and close defense support from Veronica?!? This BHB is like easy only needed to inherit Swap to Alfonse to clear this.

I don't have Veronica. Don't assume people have someone. Ask if they have a certain unit when it's not a free unit for everyone. Also, Close Defense won't do anything against a mage. This BHB is not easy to me.

Edited by Anacybele

Nice to have a simple map, after all the brainstorming (albeit fun) time spent on the Abyssal LHBs. Beginning of Turn2 ended up like this, with Cecilia ORKOing Rein on Turn1 player phase and demolishing the 4 ranged units on enemy phase:

Spoiler

feh_RL_BHB_Infernal_Clear.jpg

After seeing she could do that, I realized I could also put Eliwood in the far left danger cell, eliminating both the Guard Bow and Green Manakete on enemy phase, making it an accidental Turn1 EP clear.
feh_RL_BHB_Infernal_Clear_1_Turn_EP.jpg

Nowi supplied Drive Spd4 to prevent the Red Mage from doubling Cecilia, while Clarine only supplied Fortify Cavalry.

48 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What i have been saying to everyone talking about the Rein is: You don't need to tank it! Maybe you really shouldn't!

Ishtar is the big problem on turn 1. If you have someone who can tank and hopefully kill her on the first turn it's half the battle won. There's not many scary npc units here besides the Green Dragon with vantage, so i found that if you tank Ishtar with someone and have L!Ike deal with other ranged units then have a strong blue kill Rein on player phase. 

I have seen that a lot of people are using Cecilia to tank Ishtar, i don't use her so i don't know what was necessary for that. 

Maybe inherit Blue Tomebreaker (i think F!Robin is on rotation now) to make the unit who was dueling Ishtar in your Lunatic try go all the way?

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I'm really surprised anyone is saying this is easy

If a map can be cleared with a Player Phase team with little effort, it is generally considered to be pretty easy, as most players generally have at least one nuke of each color built up.

If you are refusing to use Player Phase nukes and Dancers/Singers despite that team composition being one of the clearest and easiest solutions, I think it is more of you imposing a severe handicap on yourself rather than the map being hard.

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

when it has two OP units in Ishtar and Sword Rein. Both have very good stats and weapons and hit you massively hard no matter what. I don't think I have anyone that can survive them on infernal because of how OP they generally are, with or without stat inflation.

You just have to hit then first before they hit you, and Dance/Sing-Reposition out of enemy range. Tanking them is out of the question unless you have the right tanks.

51 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have Veronica. Don't assume people have someone. Ask if they have a certain unit when it's not a free unit for everyone. Also, Close Defense won't do anything against a mage. This BHB is not easy to me.

really queen? thats your answer, you did read that i wrote i only inherited Swap on Alfonse to beat the map and left all the Askr skills empty they naturally dont have. Obviously you player phase against Isthtar. But Reinhardt can certainly be tanked by red or blue units. I mean Askr trios have no access to merges, and the Veronica i use is the free pick one. So a Team of merged units should have really not much problem of clearing this BHB Infernal its really just to freaking easy!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

If a map can be cleared with a Player Phase team with little effort, it is generally considered to be pretty easy, as most players generally have at least one nuke of each color built up.

If you are refusing to use Player Phase nukes and Dancers/Singers despite that team composition being one of the clearest and easiest solutions, I think it is more of you imposing a severe handicap on yourself rather than the map being hard.

You just have to hit then first before they hit you, and Dance/Sing-Reposition out of enemy range. Tanking them is out of the question unless you have the right tanks.

Idk if that's true. I operate almost entirely on Enemy Phase, so you just have to find the right person to tank Ishtar. Any green or blue unit with even decent resistance with maybe a rally resistance added should be able to tank and then revenge kill Ishtar. I had a few options to choose from and I don't by any means have "tank" units tbh. Except M!Robin. Lol. 

I think the map was way easier when I decided to just tank Ishtar than even bother trying to lure her to the right position to kill! But to each their own. But I don't think tanking her was that difficult at all.

23 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

What i have been saying to everyone talking about the Rein is: You don't need to tank it! Maybe you really shouldn't!

Ishtar is the big problem on turn 1. If you have someone who can tank and hopefully kill her on the first turn it's half the battle won. There's not many scary npc units here besides the Green Dragon with vantage, so i found that if you tank Ishtar with someone and have L!Ike deal with other ranged units then have a strong blue kill Rein on player phase. 

I have seen that a lot of people are using Cecilia to tank Ishtar, i don't use her so i don't know what was necessary for that. 

Maybe inherit Blue Tomebreaker (i think F!Robin is on rotation now) to make the unit who was dueling Ishtar in your Lunatic try go all the way?

I don't know if I have anyone to tank and/or kill Ishtar in one turn though, that's the problem. I tried Flying Nino, but that archer's Spur skill prevents her from doubling Ishtar. And an axe wielder can't get close enough without having to take Rein or a red or green mage to the face.

I could try using female Robin, but how would I prevent other enemies from taking her out?

44 minutes ago, XRay said:

I always try to use that kind of setup though. I try both defensive and offensive strats. But I see.

34 minutes ago, Hilda said:

really queen? thats your answer, you did read that i wrote i only inherited Swap on Alfonse to beat the map and left all the Askr skills empty they naturally dont have. Obviously you player phase against Isthtar. But Reinhardt can certainly be tanked by red or blue units. I mean Askr trios have no access to merges, and the Veronica i use is the free pick one. So a Team of merged units should have really not much problem of clearing this BHB Infernal its really just to freaking easy!!!!!!

Yeah, why are you surprised that some people DIDN'T pick Veronica? :/

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, why are you surprised that some people DIDN'T pick Veronica? :/

With what happened during CYL1, a lot players wised up and waited for free videos to come out before deciding which unit to pick.

31 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

Any green or blue unit with even decent resistance

That by definition is a tank.

I tanked (and killed) Ishtar with normal female Robin. Of course, she had blue tomebreaker 3, gronnraven+, and TA3, and needed spur attack seal support from the person next to her, but it still counts.

Also integral to my strategy was Eirika taking a hit from sword Reinhardt, so Azura could warp around. So my normal Reinhardt left sword Reinhardt at 4 HP, which activated vantage, and let PA!Azura warp over to Eirika so she could kill the green cavalier.

My blue Reinhardt also had to kill the green manakete because once she was in vantage range everyone else would die. So my Reinhardt took a fully charged moonbow to the face, lived with 1HP, and then killed her. Yay, +res Reinhardt!

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

With what happened during CYL1, a lot players wised up and waited for free videos to come out before deciding which unit to pick.

Well, I picked my favorite (Ephraim), and without knowing any of this.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I picked my favorite (Ephraim), and without knowing any of this.

Without knowing what the developers will release for difficult content is precisely the reason why many players waited. The free summon is not going away anytime soon, so there is no reason to pick anyone so hastily.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Without knowing what the developers will release for difficult content is precisely the reason why many players waited. The free summon is not going away anytime soon, so there is no reason to pick anyone so hastily.

Well, at the time, I didn't know what content that would be coming out or that Veronica was so good. I just wanted Ephraim and didn't want to use orbs if I didn't have to. Plus, I never liked Veronica as a character.

Edited by Anacybele

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, at the time, I didn't know what content that would be coming out or that Veronica was so good.

No else knew either back then. Players who realized that they did not have enough information simply waited until more information to came out before deciding.

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just wanted Ephraim and didn't want to use orbs if I didn't have to.

It is fine to pick your favorites, but you also have to realize that there is an opportunity cost to picking one option over another. In this case, picking AOTB!Ephraim means that difficult content would be harder to solve. If you cannot be certain what the opportunity cost is, it is better to wait and see. Even if you think you know what the opportunity cost is, just wait anyways because there is a chance that you may be wrong.

Not picking AOTB!Veronica is not the end of the world, and if you are a paying player, missing out on a few Orbs from difficult content honestly is not that big a deal. For those of us who are adults or have a job, while Orb packs are not exactly cheap, buying a few packs to snipe a character is still affordable enough.

Edited by XRay

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

No else knew either back then. Players who realized that they did not have enough information simply waited until more information to came out before deciding.

It is fine to pick your favorites, but you also have to realize that there is an opportunity cost to picking one option over another. In this case, picking AOTB!Ephraim means that difficult content would be harder to solve. If you cannot be certain what the opportunity cost is, it is better to wait and see. Even if you think you know what the opportunity cost is, just wait anyways because there is a chance that you may be wrong.

Not picking AOTB!Veronica is not the end of the world, and if you are a paying player, missing out on a few Orbs from difficult content honestly is not that big a deal. For those of us who are adults or have a job, while Orb packs are not exactly cheap, buying a few packs to snipe a character is still affordable enough.

I'm aware now.

Yeah, of course. You'll always have an opportunity cost in those things. I guess I just prefer to pick favs though.

Yeah, I know, but if I can get those four orbs, I'd like to.

6 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

@Anacybele according to Sunwoo it's possible to do it with F!Robin with TA. Do you think you can do make this unit untill the end of the BHB?

Sure, but now do I use her without putting her at mercy of Rein or the archer or red mage or whatever?

Very easy, Myrrh Great flame is too good, and she was paired with Brave Hector, Brave Celica, and Veronica.  I do love maps without reinforcements since it is more like a puzzle of placement and positioning.  I think it is much more difficult to create a difficult challenging map without relying on reinforcement spawns but I much appreciate it.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm aware now.

Yeah, of course. You'll always have an opportunity cost in those things. I guess I just prefer to pick favs though.

Yeah, I know, but if I can get those four orbs, I'd like to.

Sure, but now do I use her without putting her at mercy of Rein or the archer or red mage or whatever?

Gronnraven+ and TA3 f!Robin can easily handle the archer without dying. I put her in the space in which only Ishtar and the archer could reach her.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Gronnraven+ and TA3 f!Robin can easily handle the archer without dying. I put her in the space in which only Ishtar and the archer could reach her.

Sorry, she doesn't have Gronnraven and can't get it.