Most awkward S-Support?

58 minutes ago, CyberController said:

Why did Treehouse  censor the swimsuits in Fates, but not the pseudo incest?

Probably because it was just that: psuedo. There wasn't much more they could do that wasn't already there without drastically altering something. One is a visual edit, the other would require delving deeply into the script.

Besides, a lot of the people who cared about shipping seemed to get over Corrin and their quasi-siblings very quickly. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Thane said:

Probably because it was just that: psuedo. There wasn't much more they could do that wasn't already there without drastically altering something. One is a visual edit, the other would require delving deeply into the script.

Besides, a lot of the people who cared about shipping seemed to get over Corrin and their quasi-siblings very quickly. 

It isn't pseudo in the case of Azura. I know you're talking about the siblings; I'm just pointing out. And I'm still upset about Corrin and Azura because I paired them in my first playthrough of all three games (my first three playthroughs were spoiler-free), and I was disgusted when that reveal happened.

Plus, most of the Hoshido siblings believe they are blood-relatives of Corrin; they only find out it's not the case in their s-supports. Remove the s-supports and... nothing changes to the story script; nothing at all. 

18 hours ago, BrightBow said:

The reason you can bang kids in this game is because otakus like to wank to little kids. That's it. The wardrobe of Nowi and Nyx should have made that very obvious. Honestly, it's not like the game is very subtle with the fetish pandering in general.

Fair enough. I do not understand the allure of kids or incest in anime, but I get your point. Banging kids is possible because it sells.
I did not play Awakening or Heroes, but I just checked different artwork of Nowi and it is just wrong, in every way.
Anyway. I will stop here.

On 10/17/2018 at 10:20 AM, vanguard333 said:

Plus, most of the Hoshido siblings believe they are blood-relatives of Corrin; they only find out it's not the case in their s-supports. Remove the s-supports and... nothing changes to the story script; nothing at all. 

Certainly nothing changes in the plot, but a lot of people would be butt-blasted about the cut gameplay content and probably the shipping options, but we don't talk about those people.

---

On topic, but practically everyone x Azama, in particular Sakura and Hinoka. With virtually all of his partners, he's an irredeemable asshole to them and they just randomly get married in the S support.

Not sure if this was just in the Japanese version but Elise x Niles is especially gross, considering he gets off to her tears.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Not sure if this was just in the Japanese version but Elise x Niles is especially gross, considering he gets off to her tears.

It is interesting that I read it in exactly the opposite way.
I usually do not ship Elise with anyone, but I have being trying a magical Nina with Elise as her mother, and I found Elise's support with Niles great. It is the one interaction where Niles is not a dick, he does not even tease her (like he does with Felicia, for example.) He tells her the importance of attending the council and is sincere about her being immature, she listens to his advice and decides to change her attitude. This helps her being more responsible and grow up. She even takes the initiative in the S-Support.
I do not like Niles as a character, but I find his support with Elise good. Not only better than other supports, but good absolutely, without reference to anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really like Robin and Lissa together for story reasons. More specifically, Owain's father support outright conflicts with the idea of the two of them being husband and wife. Considering the events that unfold, and the figured involved.

Chrom and Sumia just feels so forced. So much so, that I just don't know what I.S. was thinking in trying to ship them together without making the pair outright canon. It's like the game's going, "These two are in love. No biggie." All without giving you a legitimate reason to care about why they should be together. And Cynthia's behavior during her paralogue when she's Chrom's daughter DOESN'T HELP with this.

As for those who don't have S Supports.

On 10/11/2018 at 7:15 AM, DragonFlames said:

Hector x Florina (their personalities are just too different and nothing in their original supports suggests any romantic interest)
Boyd x Mist (both of these pairings don't work for physical reasons)

I agree with both of these. With my reasoning for the former being already given early on. On that note, I would like to add Lyn and Rath as well for the same reasons in regards to romance, or the lack thereof. A Tumblr user described it as "feeling more like two people from the same hometown rather than two people in love".

And in regards to Boyd/Mist, I could just swear that I.S. gave it that Matt/Sora treatment. At the very least, there wasn't much to give the impression that Mist and Boyd were in love during PoR. Special interactions, especially in this case, don't always mean "most meaningful".

I don't mind seeing the two together, but if it involves marriage, Eliwood/Lyn due to how it's contradicted by Binding Blade. My other issue with it is that Eliwood has canonical feelings for Ninian. And Lyn is so aware of those feelings, that, during a conversation that she has with Hector (in an opening cutscene in Hector's Story), she basically, in an offhanded manner, expresses that she wants Ninian to end up with Eliwood. So...

I will think of more when I can.

Edited by Just call me AL

2 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

I don't really like Robin and Mist together for story reasons. More specifically, Owain's father support outright conflicts with the idea of the two of them being husband and wife. Considering the events that unfold, and the figured involved.

And Mist???

16 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

And Cynthia's behavior during her paralogue when she's Chrom's daughter DOESN'T HELP with this.

Could you elaborate? Really the only thing I found weird in that instance is that Cynthia so obviously doesn’t recognize her own father though even then there are a couple of reasonable justifications for it.

1.  In universe rutger(I think his name was) probably actually looks at least somewhat like chrom but I guess the art team didn’t want to create an entirely new and unique portrait for just one paralogue.

2. Cynthia was probably relatively young when her father died(seeing how she is the younger sibling and all in this instance) so she likely doesn’t remember his face all too well and considering her ditzy sort of air headed personality it would be reasonable to assume she could be fooled relatively easily.

18 hours ago, Otts486 said:

Could you elaborate? Really the only thing I found weird in that instance is that Cynthia so obviously doesn’t recognize her own father though even then there are a couple of reasonable justifications for it.

1.  In universe rutger(I think his name was) probably actually looks at least somewhat like chrom but I guess the art team didn’t want to create an entirely new and unique portrait for just one paralogue.

2. Cynthia was probably relatively young when her father died(seeing how she is the younger sibling and all in this instance) so she likely doesn’t remember his face all too well and considering her ditzy sort of air headed personality it would be reasonable to assume she could be fooled relatively easily.

There's no justification for her behavior if she should know how Chrom acts via Lucina telling her about how he was in life. Naturally, if a sibling doesn't know about how his or her father was in life, and if his or her mother wasn't around to tell her either, the logical step would be to ask the older sibling about how the father was. (Lucina explicitly states that Chrom taught her swordplay.) Regardless of whether he looked like Chrom or not, the fact that Ruger acted nothing like Chrom should have set off alarm bells in Cynthia's head at the least. The best situation I can compare it to is if Goten ever mistook Turles for Goku. Especially since Goten grew up raised by two people who would know Goku very well.

Ditziness is one thing. But under scenarios where she's Chrom's daughter, the whole situation makes her look like she was dropped on her head as an infant. I honestly find it more excusable if she's not Chrom's daughter, due to her then not having any strong ties to Chrom himself.

22 hours ago, RexBolt said:

With Heroes being a thing you never know if a ship is real or not :D:

But the mention of Owain should tell anyone that I was talking about Awakening, though.

Camilla with Arthur, Jakob and Silas: She spent nearly the entire support talking about how much she loves Corrin so when she finally marries in the S-support they feel like they where her second option. Special mention to how she says to Jakob that she would kill him if it was needed to protect Corrin (I also don't like her support with male-Corrin simply because he never shows any romantic interest in her)

Tharja with Libra: The same as Camilla. She literally says to him that Robin is more important and I just think about how I would react if someone said that in real life during a proposal (good support though, but I really dislike that line).

Tana with Ephraim: It just felt forced to me (same with Innes and Eirika but I don't remember that support to well). 

Finn with Briggid and Tailtiu: Not a support, but still hilarious how they can fall in love within the span of probably a few hours (probably of preview of how quickly people get married and have kids in the later games).  

Edited by LJwalhout

• 2 weeks later...

Azama x Sakura definitely comes to mind because of how the whole "I was in love with you since we first met" from Sakura came out of nowhere despite Azama being an ass to her from the C to A conversations.

Another contender would be Kaden x Peri's S support. The C through A conversations were okay: Peri wants to kill a caterpillar because she hates insects, but Kaden convinces her otherwise by showing her how the caterpillar transforms into a butterfly. We don't see Peri turning all murder frenzy... until the S-Support. She throws a tantrum because Kaden won't reciprocate her feelings, and after Kaden comforts her, she even admits she planned on ripping his heart out if he didn't love her back. You can tell Kaden has got himself trapped in the relationship and is visibly disturbed by her when he says, "Um... yeah..."