Do you think the castle/academy we've been shown will be the main hub, or one among several others??

Cysx

Let's generate some discussion in here!  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Topic

• Main hub
    • One of several

One of the main parts of the Three Houses trailer was that we'll get to roam freely in a fully-fleshed environment, namely a castle of pretty decent size, with a cathedral, classrooms and quite a few other buildings scattered around. This place shows a level of detail very rarely seen in Fire Emblem games when it comes to environments, and has students and soldiers roaming about, as well as, potentially, members of your army.

The fact that they put so much effort into it begs the question: will it function as a non-customizable mycastle from Fates, or will we leave it behind as we move out in the world? What do you think, and why?

Well, can I just say that when I saw the castle, my jaw dropped? Obviously the graphics aren't as good as say...a triple A game, but damn, to see something like that in FE...it's truly beautiful.

Anyways. I think it'll be one of several hubs. The castle will probably serve as the central hub for say...a long prologue, or at least a decent chunk of the game, then we will get several others as the story progresses. The reason I think this is because at the end of the trailer, Edelgard promises to return, which makes me think that we won't be staying in a school setting for long.

Either way, I can't wait to see what IS is going to do with it.

Definitely main hub with the panning it looks to be in center of the map the perfect hub after every battle the info also implies you go back to it after battles. Makes sense as well since for doing different activities like purchasing weapons, buying accessories, interacting with other characters(confirmed), training(based on the trailer). There could be 3D villages and cities but it won't be just another main hub.

To add: just because a continent could be traversable to other places doesn't break the immersion of just having 1 main base hub since you can revisit areas to do whatever outside the main story in other games. Several home bases would be extremely overkill and unlikely maybe 2 more but a waste if it's copypaste with nothing different also no confirmation yet if it'll be a traversable map. It could exactly be like Fates to select chapters, side stuff, skirmishes,  DLC, w/ the addition of villages and dungeons on the menu stuff I'm keeping in mind.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

Hm... Good question. To be honest, I don't think we know enough about the game for me to be able to make a meaningful guess. For instance, we don't know if there'll be a traversable map in this game or if things will be more fixed like in older FE games. Right now I think probably main hub, but since FE games typically go all over the continent, it might not make sense to have just one main hub. 

I'd take a guess at it being one of several hubs. Pretty much all Fire Emblem stories have the cast traversing across an entire continent, so it'd be pretty strange to return to the same castle after every battle if you're supposedly fighting halfway across the map. I also don't think that they'll pull another My Castle trick, or at least how it works storywise.

With that said, I am curious if the hub will act more as a base of operations as the story progresses. I.E. you debate a strategy in the hub, go forth in the story to attack the enemy, and then return to the castle to restock, train, and prepare for the next level. And as you progress through the story, you'll move to different castles, so that the location of the events makes sense. Who knows? They may even occasionally have the castle attacked, and it may even work like it does in the older X-Com games, where the layout of your base affects the layout of the level.

I believe it'll have the VC effect with its headquarters and that series is more war heavy than FE. So I don't see how in the seven worlds that Three Houses hub can't do the same. So until more info is out I'm sticking with "that's the only main hub" for now.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

3 hours ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

I believe it'll have the VC effect with its headquarters and that series is more war heavy than FE. So I don't see how in the seven worlds that Three Houses hub can't do the same. So until more info is out I'm sticking with "that's the only main hub" for now.

What makes me second guess that we'll be staying there for the entire game is the soldiers that we got to see, whom wear the same armor as those that act as the enemy in a half of the battles we've been shown(you can tell because of the very specific helmets). And looking at the cg, they're affiliated with the church, which makes sense.

There's the possibility that we'll drive them away at some point, but it feels more likely we'll leave quietly, to me anyway.

Edited by Cysx

My hypothesis is that it's a main hub, with more parts of it opening up as the game goes on. We saw a bridge in the trailer, so what if there are smaller bridges in that area leading to other buildings, or flights of stairs that need to be repaired before traversing them, doors that need keys to open, or even slots where plot crucial items need to be put causing the castle to undergo a metamorphosis of sorts, with it looking more regal as a result.

I'm hoping that the high school is only the main hub for the prologue and then we get moved to another castle that will serve as the actual main hub for the rest of the game. It could be that the game starts off during a regular time of peace, and you just got hired to teach these kids at this prestigious school owned by the church. Then the war kicks off and you either volunteer or get conscripted to go fight in the war because the church noticed how good you were as a tactician. If the high school does end up being the main hub my expectations for the game are going to drop. High school settings bring to mind nothing but anime tropes. It doesn't help that Fates itself was filled with them, and putting the majority of the characters in high school (which is what the majority of the army will reasonably be in this setting) will just seem like a continuation of that.

On 10/6/2018 at 4:49 PM, Cysx said:

What makes me second guess that we'll be staying there for the entire game is the soldiers that we got to see, whom wear the same armor as those that act as the enemy in a half of the battles we've been shown(you can tell because of the very specific helmets). And looking at the cg, they're affiliated with the church, which makes sense.

There's the possibility that we'll drive them away at some point, but it feels more likely we'll leave quietly, to me anyway.

Thinking on it I like the idea of a filler starting hub until a certain point in the game to get a proper main hub. I also like DarthR0xas ideas of it opening more as you progress into the story accessing more things and upgrading buildings.

I would like it t be one of several places. My reasoning is as follows:

- You could be able to walk around cities in game that looked that nice

- We can interact with random people

- And I so want to be ambushed by assassins in a city.

Not sure tbh. It could go either way, we will have to wait and see more information on it. At current, it seems to be the main hub, but we also have a very large map and no idea what the story truly is of the game outside of a very small and vague synopsis. This could be our first hub of several, maybe the others being keeps, towns, cities that we visit and or capture, or this is our main hub where everything is at. Who knows.