Things you regret doing the most?

Faellin

For me, it was boosting Camus up to 5 stars. My literal next roll after doing so is a 5 star Quan with a +attack -def IV, and he is just an absolute powerhouse because of it. While Camus just feels unable to double most enemies and feels terrible. Only thing good about him so far is the built in distant counter, which is nice in its own regard. But Quan just came out so much better for me.

Makes me regret spending the 20,000 on Camus.

The first and foremost is spending definitely too much money on the very first Hero Fest banner in a desperate bid to get original Hector (which, ironically, I STILL have not gotten, despite getting every single alt of him on their original banner releases). I was able to afford it, yes, but I left with a terrible taste in my mouth that has tempered my caution on spending real money on banners.

Otherwise, probably going "all-in" on certain banners, like a legendary banner a couple months ago, which I did not leave very satisfied. But that is something to expect with a gacha, luck and all that.

Retroactively, sending many units home way back when skill inheritance wasn't a thing yet. So many Hinatas, Selenas, Subakis, and Shannas...

Out of the $100-ish I've spent over the course of the game, about three-quarters of it were spent to get Julia. I can't explain this other than to say I was in a hospital bed recovering from minor surgery and therefore my judgement was somewhat impaired.

I don't regret the act of spending the money itself, but it probably could have been used better. It's about what the game's been worth to me over the past year-and-a-half I reckon, and I'm done with spending on it altogether, so it's not that big a deal.

Plenty of feathers I regret spending but that's trivial once the idea of HM farming came up, so if I had any regrets in that regard, they are no more.

Not being careful enough with turning units into Skill Books. I booked all my extra Fae and Titania cause they were just going to be merge material anyway. Sadly I 1) forgot that my 5* Titania doesn't have her ideal nature, and 2) found out later that a +10 Fae is better off with +Atk, -Spd instead of the +Atk, -Hp on I got. And I booked like 5 extra copies of both, of which one could've had the perfect nature :/ I just knew I was gonna mess up with that feature lol ugh

Not upgrading the Askr trio sooner. With all those quests involving them, I've missed out on a lot of orbs. Luckily, I've recently got Alfonse and Sharena to 5*, so it's just Anna to go.

Using Selena and Beruka as fodder. I could have one of them on +10 already.

Using more than 200 orbs on certain banners. If I would have saved more up I could just go for +10 Deirdre now on this good banner without fearing to not have any orbs left for Rinkah if she appears. At least I am more disciplined with saving orbs now.  

Foddering a Michalis onto my Halloween Nowi for Iote's shield (with her stats, the shield is pretty much pointless), failing to save and just spending a lot of orbs on some banners with no good return, foddering my spare L'Ike onto my Fae for Warding Breath (which has yet to show any worth on her).

Also I regret a lot of my uses of Feathers in early Heroes as well as not initially being interested in the arena at all until I beat all the chapters. So many more 5 star units I could have now. Other than that, maybe promoting Merric. He was useful early Heroes though. Lastly, giving Lon'Qu a brave sword

8 hours ago, Grandosco said:

Retroactively, sending many units home way back when skill inheritance wasn't a thing yet. So many Hinatas, Selenas, Subakis, and Shannas...

This too

Edited by Arcphoenix

While I do not feel regret for spending money, if I knew I would be spending this much money on Heroes, I would have stayed away from this game.

I could have gotten a Switch and a new computer by now if it were not for Heroes.

Not getting all rewards in the first TT though I had zero bonus units and I did not have very many good units at that time.

Sending units home right before combat manuals were announced.

Not doing the early GHB rerun quests since I could have more merges for Michealis.

10 hours ago, Grandosco said:

yup.ah well. 

6 hours ago, Lau said:

Not upgrading the Askr trio sooner. With all those quests involving them, I've missed out on a lot of orbs. Luckily, I've recently got Alfonse and Sharena to 5*, so it's just Anna to go.

yah... I have to work hard on my three. (boo). i always forget i have them. (this also reminds me i should really at least get them to 4 star. maybe give them a fighting chance). 

i think just not knowing how Legendary banner etc. worked so i've missed out on a lot of units. 
going to 0 orbs (where i could have just saved up. but i think this is the lament)
I think theoretically - "paying money." in a gambling game should be one (and i tend to have this feeling when i don't get what i want LOL). but realistically - i have a budget and it makes sense for me - i also like Fire Emblem and I figure this helps more fire emblems. in the future so my bit helps. and I find even though i don't have like. amazingly awesome units as some just time and patience gets me one step further from doing other content in the game. so not so much the regret). 

Not playing the first TTs long enough to get all the Rewards (mainly the heroes). I think it was around Groom Marth I actually realized how much I was missing out on Orb wise and Hero-wise.

And I still only got Groom Marth as a 4 Star, SMH

Like most, I spent too much on some banners. I dropped $90 a few times (2 75 orb packs was my limit) and got completely wrecked anyway. I should have realized sooner that spending rarely seemed to result in any luck, so it was just a waste most of the time. If the results would have been better I wouldn't really mind the money spent.

Other than that, I wasted too many orbs chasing pity rates or trying to get units I didn't really care about just for the sake of getting something. I especially remember wasting 150 orbs on the original Legendary Ike banner for basically no reason. I didn't care much about Sanaki, Siegbert or Ike yet I sniped reds just because I wanted to see if I could get one of the former 2 for the collection. 150 orbs took me up to a 13% rate and went in the toilet for a trash -spd Siegbert. This kind of thing has happened a couple times..

I also sent home quite a few copies of GHB units not long before we got the skill book update. Not that I'd ever probably build them anyway, but I could have kept some Mirror Strike and Legion's Axe fodders for a rainy day if I ever wanted them.

So far there's nothing that I truly regret doing, but I'm not too happy with all the investment I put onto my Sheena RIP M!Grima and Hector just to end up with the arena changes making her almost useless (stupid cheerleader meta). After all I don't like Sheena that much but I wanted to try to be in the high tiers of arena, but now that's just a waste of time. 

Ooof, definitely giving Ephraim's weapon the unique refinement. At the time I made that decision I don't really recall whether Legendary Ephraim was released or if there was any precedent for existing characters to get somebody else's prf as a side grade. In fact how often has that even occurred lately? Anyway I remember how furious I was when it was announced Ephraim would gain access to Flame Siegmund. A cheaper, objectively better weapon that works on either phase with no HP threshold. Plus back then we were getting peanuts compared to today's refining stone/dew income. 

Other than that, I feel pretty silly finally deciding to make merge projects out of GHB/TT copies that were taking a hundred slots in my barracks. A decision I made just a week before Combat Manuals were announced as a feature. 

Edited by Glennstavos

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Ooof, definitely giving Ephraim's weapon the unique refinement. At the time I made that decision I don't really recall whether Legendary Ephraim was released or if there was any precedent for existing characters to get somebody else's prf as a side grade. In fact how often has that even occurred lately? Anyway I remember how furious I was when it was announced Ephraim would gain access to Flame Siegmund. A cheaper, objectively better weapon that works on either phase with no HP threshold. Plus back then we were getting peanuts compared to today's refining stone/dew income.

From both my own experience and what I've read others say, Flame Siegmund isn't as good on infantry Ephraim as his regular refined Seigmund anyway. Without 3 move like Legendary Ephraim he doesn't use it as well and loses his free atk buff on top of it.

Unroll the scroll of my stupid ideas that sounded smart at one point:

• Merging a +Def/-Speed Ephraim into a +Speed/-Defense Ephraim
  • Stacking off a 5 star Camilla to F!Corrin for Darting Blow 3
  • Merging 4 star GHB units
  • Promote a -Speed M!Corrin to 5 star (I still have him)
  • Stacking off a Valentines Lyn to F!Corrin for Attack/Speed Bond 3 (I have her with TA)

I don't consider wasting 20k feathers as too much of a loss considering the speed by which we get these back.

Can't think of anything I regret.

Wouldn't give Camus a hard time considering I still use Xander a whole lot more than some of the sword cavalier powerhouses I got later just because distant counter with quick riposte and a damage soaking skill works so well on EP.

Edited by Vince777