Things you regret doing the most?

Faellin

I've learned not to have any regrets, even if many of the decisions I make are questionable, such as promoting Abel specifically because he looked good in the Restoration Helm EX, or promoting Laslow because I had Selena and Odin at 5* and I wanted to complete the trio, or even spending on this game... just at all.

What I DO regret, however, is a more general decision: Collect every single unit and have them reach 5* Lv 40, merges optional. This means that if a unit exists, no matter how much I like or hate them, I have to have them regardless. I have, of course, made exceptions (didn't even try to summon from the Hoshidan Festival banner for instance), but for the most part, if I summon, I summon hoping to see a unit I haven't yet. This also means that because I'm aiming for every unit, I can't just promote any old unit and make them stronger, because the feathers have to go towards the unit it makes the most sense to promote at the time (for instance, Lon'qu is currently looking to be the next promote just because he's getting a shiny new toy soon).

...as you can imagine, this has led to many moments where I SHOULD be excited for a unit appearing, but I'm just not.

I haven't done this yet but I'm reeaalllyyy tempted to fodder off the Legendary Hector I just pulled by chance on the Legendary Banner to give (hopefully, if I can get her) Hallololi Myrrh Distant Counter.

And if I do, I know I'm going to end up regretting because he's the only Hector I own and he's too crazy good to just waste like that even if I haven't even grinded him up yet.

Someone plz stop me

• 2 weeks later...

I once foddered a Michalis onto Halloween Nowi for Iote's shield. To be fair, she was my first ranged flier. I have no excuse for her stat spread not complementing it at all.

I also once killed a spare L'Ike to give my Fae Warding Breath. I regretted this for SOOOO long as she'd prefer fury in most cases. I didn't expect it'd be key to clearing Abyssal Ursula though, haha. Still. Definitely one of my most regretted cases.

Today I had to use two Saiases to give my Michaiah Speed Ploy 3, because I somehow managed to only chose only speed ploy 1 from the first Saias....

I have also wasted a LOT of orbs over my play history and definitely haven't always been wise with my orbs.

I never did arena until I cleared all the story maps available at launch. Soooo many more feathers I could have obtained and used at this point.

The first unit I ever 5-star promoted was Merric.... Yeah. He's useless nowadays

Edited by Arcphoenix

Nothing really. I just sacrificed my most expensive project for the DC I gave to him without hesitation.

That’s my last copy of LA!Eliwood gone and the Grima I sacrificed to him wasted and I didn’t even feel anything. 

Halloween Myrrh needed that skill more

Edited by Korath88

I kinda regret picking Brave Hector in the CYL banner. I accidentally clicked the 'choose your free unit banner' while I was trying to summon on the CYL banner so I just went for Hector then. Now I wish I'd chosen Veronica instead, mostly cause she's used on pretty much every F2P guide now making it impossible for me to do those and therefore sometimes missing out on the orbs from difficult maps :( While B!Hector isn't as much use to me as I'd hoped him to be.

6 minutes ago, Mau said:

@daisy jane Save them for when we can finally trade so you can give them to me and my Jaffar merging project :P

You can have my Brave Hector

LOL deal!

the bright side (I am determined to find one). is that they are both plus atk. so i could really merge him and try to make him useful.
I'm just mad at him because he's not Mia (or Veronica, Elise, or Maribelle or WOF!Hinoka). i wouldn't even had been mad if it was 1. but it was the 5.25 pity break. :(

Back when I first started I trained up a 4* Xander and merged him into another 4* Xander so he could learned the skills and then get more SP by leaving up from the start. I think I did something similar with one of my Clarisse copies as well.

Sacrificed my only Sigurd for Close Defense on Lene. I was convinced it was necessary to complete my Abyssal run of the Tiki LHB. Not only did it turn out to be unnecessary, but when I looked into my barracks afterwards, I noticed that I still had a Joshua left. That was a bad feeling... 

My worst mistake was not realizing how merges worked for the longest time. My Felicia could be plus 10 right now, but instead she is plus 3. Actually, merges make up for most of my mistakes, as I pretty much just merged anyone and everyone.

My worst mistake was not realizing how merges worked for the longest time. My Felicia could be plus 10 right now, but instead she is plus 3. Actually, merges make up for most of my mistakes, as I pretty much just merged anyone and everyone.

Ah yeah this too, I used to merge every double unit I got at the start. So many skills I could've had if I hadn't done this. And for the longest time didn't look at IVs either, so when I decided to train up an Effie I saw her 4* was +2 and the main one didn't have good IVs. Maybe the other two did :(

@Mau@DarthR0xas Yeah this got me too. I merged my 2 B!Ike's I had back when he came out, not even thinking about how valuable breath fodder would be until after. I also merged my Joshuas and later realized that he had both Close Defense AND Windsweep two skills I wanted to play with. Oh and I merged Ursula at 4star for some god awful reason that I can't remember.

21 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Same actually, I also used to just merge my duplicates right away and just pick any skill to fill empty slots, all things that came back to bite me when I started playing more seriously and  more in general as well as when I begun to try to build better units. It honestly just took me a while to start playing seriously.

Edited by nirvanafan