New seasonal Banner: Land’s Bounty

Poimagic

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Maybe it's just me but an alt is an alt, seasonal or not. There's characters as old as Ike who don't have an alt (because they are not main characters).

Well to me, seasonals are more fun because of the cute/cool costumes. I really want to see Ike in one because he's my favorite. And because of his popularity, it baffles me that he doesn't have one yet.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I want actual armoured units in the game. Not alt armoured units. At this rate we will get armoured Micaiah before Tauroneo.

This! I don't like these "armors" that don't look armored at all.

Give us Tauroneo, Kjelle and the likes of them.

So basically. colourless + red. (I usually try not to ignore greens, but i don't think i want Kagero, i mean. if i free summon her, or in my "oh look pity rate broken take it" is fine. and i'll just continue my chant. New Unit/Good Unit ;) 

I want actual armoured units in the game. Not alt armoured units. At this rate we will get armoured Micaiah before Tauroneo.

I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happens. Micaiah has gotten quite popular lately and some people would surely whale for a Miccy that scores high in arena.

Just now, RexBolt said:

Oh yeah, this. What annoys me the most about these seasonal armors is that they mostly don't even look like armors. They just have the armor label slapped on them because of a few whales or something.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I've not seen much liking for Niles at all, mainly for being a creep. Also, there are still more popular males that could've taken Niles's place, like Ike as you just pointed out.

Understandable, I could see why some folks see Niles as a creep but that is probably one of the reasons why I think a Halloween alt fits him better than other characters. Besides, there is still Christmas and New Years for male characters like Ike to get a seasonal.

2 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Now that we have a flying healer too, I feel like we've got everything in the game. Book 3 got work to do to bring unique to the table.

No, we still need an armored staff now that we got a flying staff unit. Also, we have two blue bows but we still don't have a red bow.

Despite this banner having two units I would like to have (Mia and Myrrh), I am thinking this banner will be skipped by me. I am not a huge fan of armored units, and flying healer is cool but I can live without her (unless we get a Legendary Flying Healer). I will probably get my free summon and any other colorless orb and.. that's all.

So onto my thoughts.

Mia

Flying staffie. Weapon resets the Special cooldown on enemies in the usual splash range, prevents after-combat cooldown reductions from happening, and inflicts -1 cooldown charge rate through their next action. Well, it's about fucking time.

And holy shit is she cute. Huge hats, floppy sleeves, and long hair are the best.

Kagero

Looks pretty. Will pull for a few copies, but will probably wait for her to appear on a Legendary Hero banner to go for more.

Niles

Not much of a fan of Niles other than his voice (in Japanese, of course).

His stat spread looks like he's going to be a fast armor, which is nice, but we already have a fast blue ranged armor. And, in fact, the fastest armor in the game is said fast blue armor.

Myrrh

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. She's adorable.

Uses Def as an additional check to double on player phase, which is nice, considering she has an absurd 45 base Def, assuming the one in the video isn't buffed (50 Def, but 2 points come from her A skill and 3 from her weapon).

Dorcas

Okay. Sure. His Japanese title is カボチャ割りの斧, which is "Pumpkin-splitting Axe". So he's probably still an axe unit.

19 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Also, at least Niles was popular enough to into FE: Warriors which Ike wasn't good enough for.

To be completely fair, Ike wouldn't have a moveset that easily matched any of the other characters in the game. Lyn likely got in for popularity and Celica due to Echoes's recent release, but both of them notably shared their move sets with another character already in the game (Lyn with Navarre and Celica with Marth).

3 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, this. What annoys me the most about these seasonal armors is that they mostly don't even look like armors. They just have the armor label slapped on them because of a few whales or something.

Most of them are outfits that are hard to move around in, which I think is fine.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Kagero?? Literally one of the worst choices they could have made, with Camilla being the only worse option. Whilst people are beckoning for a good Leo, Oboro and so on... Really Fates is so over-exposed at this point that if they missed their opportunity by now, then that's just how it is. I don't mind Niles, but his popularity has clearly diminished compared to the Fates polls that it seems strange to choose him over other popular male characters. 

With that said, Myrrh and especially Mia save the banner. Mia looks legendary, and it's her Radiant Dawn version to boot. Definitely gunning for her, although won't buy orbs since I've been unhappy with how IS and their treatment of the game.

I'm more excited for armour Fae (preferably not Nowi...) to come in Christmas assuming the dragon armour trainee trend continues. Fae deserves an alt for sure.

So my thoughts on this banner... first off, where did ANY of these units come from? I mean Kagero is a bit of an upset from me, but in retrospect she only had one other alt before now. At least it's not Camilla in yet another secksy outfit on yet another undead dragon, though at least this time it would have been appropriate...

Anyways, the theme of the weapons is nullifying Special Charge, between the normal weapons having uber Guard, and Witchy Wand both inflicting Guard status and flat out resetting enemy Special Charge. That's pretty neat, should make a number of enemies think twice about fielding nothing but units with Special triggers in mind.

Mia REALLY came out of left field, but I'm not opposed to her being the witch this year, since she actually pulls it off really well. Plus she's actually wearing clothes unlike last years witch (who I hold nothing against and love with every fiber of my being). Anyways, her kit is kinda standard for a healer, but since it's on a flying healer that makes for some pretty neat shenanigans, inflicting deadly statuses from almost anywhere on the map. Imagine it, full-damage Firesweep strike, 7 damage to surrounding enemies, and also everyone has their Special Charge reset and can't recharge without special-charge increasing specials. Man, Staff units are both overpowered and fun. Also, the Witchy Wand is gonna be the bane of everyone who uses Aether or Galeforce.

Kagero... oh god, she's gonna have uber-high Attack because she's an Armor, isn't she? Oh well... Even Atk Wave to round out the Wave series of Passives to. I dunno, besides the Bottled Juice, I kinda find her kit underwhelming...? Like, it's just so bland.

Niles... I can't really see him taking off compared to Jakob, and since I'm definitely spending money this month on orbs for these units, the only way I'm getting Niles is on accident. I mean, normal Niles has below 30 Atk, he's probably only gonna barely break 32 as an Armored Colored Bow. I also don't really get giving him Smite to go with Atk/Spd Link, though I think Smite is a funny Assist so it's all cool. Nobody cares about Field Buffs on Armors, yet another unit gets Swift Sparrow, MOVING ON.

Myrrh sure does have a weird skillset for the obvious Premier unit of the banner, but whatever. I'd also have preferred she had the effect of Spirit Breath reversed so it was on Enemy Phase rather than Player Phase, even if it meant she also got Bold Fighter, but whatever again. I'd also have preferred they stop putting Stat+ skills on seasonal units, but WHATEVER. I'd also have liked to not really want her regardless, but hey-yo whatevs.

2 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

It will be interesting to see how they bring beasts in. Will they all be colorless or semi randomly distributed throughout the colors like dragons. 

Maybe they'll sort them by species but who knows

I would like the colors=species thing, but i recognize there's not many beasts in the series, even less popular ones. So colorless fine for me, and looks probable too with bows and daggers becoming dragon-like.

2 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

No, we still need an armored staff now that we got a flying staff unit. Also, we have two blue bows but we still don't have a red bow.

Ok, but think. Who would use an armored healer anyway? There's a reason why we don't have armored dancers.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

To be completely fair, Ike wouldn't have a moveset that easily matched any of the other characters in the game. Lyn likely got in for popularity and Celica due to Echoes's recent release, but both of them notably shared their move sets with another character already in the game (Lyn with Navarre and Celica with Marth).

DLC though. A few of those characters got unique movesets.

20 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I suppose so. Hasn't the women's side always been a bit more competitive than the men's side, though?

Not sure.  It wouldn't surprise me, though.

It certainly won't solve the others' popularity issues by skipping over them in favor of characters that already have seasonals.  A positive feedback loop, in a way.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

image.png.67efb5c1aee9536fa6c2c2d4a0334226.pngSHE IS SO CUTE!

See this is the kind of child character I'm cool with.  Wholesome and cute, nothing perverse about it.  This fits Halloween.  

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Every unit has a new unit type. That's pretty interesting.

Yeah this is a pretty amazing banner.  First flying healer.  First armor dagger of any color.  First blue bow armor and only the second blue bow unit in the game.  First red breath armor.  Not to mention new skills as well.  

The bad news is we got 2 Fates characters again, but at least the 2 non Fates characters are amazing....and personally what I will try to go for.  Halloween Myrrh, finally found the perfect support for Legendary Tiki.  

I also like the guard effect, we need more stuff to combat all the special acceleration power.  One other negative, 1 male to 3 females.  Oh and they had to repeat witch, Mia should have been something else.  

7 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I think the problem there is that most of the armors not in FEH are pretty unpopular (including Tauroneo sadly) and that makes IS apprehensive of adding any of them. So instead, they package more known and popular commodities as armors so they can have shit tons of money the best of both worlds.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

I think the problem there is that most of the armors not in FEH are pretty unpopular (including Tauroneo sadly) and that makes IS apprehensive of adding any of them. So instead, they package more known and popular commodities as armors so they can have shit tons of money the best of both worlds.

But aren't armours whale bait for arena? It shouldn't matter how popular they are or not for whales to whale for them. Oswin and Wallace should have some popularity due to their relationship with Hector and Lyn respectively. 

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

You're correct, but I hate this trend and makes me not want to use armours whatsoever. 

Most of my favourite armours aren't in the game yet and they're definitely not getting broken skills like the Fighter line. It'd look extremely out of place for characters like Valbur, Meg or Brom to be repping high-tier fodder, but I guess that didn't stop Karla.

My priority is Niles>Myrrh>Mia>Kagero.

I honestly would love to just +10 Niles since he is one of my favorite units and I've been waiting for a Halloween alt. I do get paid soon after all. Being in the top 2 most popular non-royals for men and losing out on a Halloween CG in Fates was disappointing, so this makes up for it a bit. (Unless I don't pull him, then rip. >Jk)

As for units who could have been replaced. Just Kagero for me since we already had Spring Kagero. It was the same deal for NY Camilla and Summer Camilla. Like sure for their fans I guess, but I'd prefer them to limit seasonal alts of a single character to one a year. For Hoshido an easy pick would have been Oboro I suppose. Since she had a Halloween CG? Regardless though I won't complain if I pull a Kagero. 

Love the banner really! The seasonals this year have been amazing.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well to me, seasonals are more fun because of the cute/cool costumes. I really want to see Ike in one because he's my favorite. And because of his popularity, it baffles me that he doesn't have one yet.

Ah I see. But look at the bright side: your bunny Ike that you made might become real in a few months (unless he somehow get Christmas alt).

But aren't armours whale bait for arena? It shouldn't matter how popular they are or not for whales to whale for them. Oswin and Wallace should have some popularity due to their relationship with Hector and Lyn respectively. 

Oswin and Wallace would need more than that and by that I mean some very desirable new skills or...another dose of powercreep. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

5 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

See this is the kind of child character I'm cool with.  Wholesome and cute, nothing perverse about it.  This fits Halloween.  

That's right! Halloween Nowi's clothes was super wrong...  i prefer her edited version:

Spoiler

IDw4VUgDWIULmqwTaRHK6Q1y-kErhq-9vlgxS3QW

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Ah I see. But look at the bright side: your bunny Ike that you made might become real in a few months (unless he somehow get Christmas alt).

I didn't make a bunny Ike. I made a Christmas Ike and a Bunny Elincia. But yeah, Christmas Ike could be real and if he resembles my Christmas Ike in anyway, holy crap. lol