New seasonal Banner: Land’s Bounty

Poimagic

6 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Oswin and Wallace should have some popularity due to their relationship with Hector and Lyn respectively. 

Based off CYL2, they don’t. I don’t remember off-hand where they placed exactly, but I know that neither did particularly well.

Edit: 358th for Oswin, 442nd for Wallace

Edited by Tybrosion

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

To be completely fair, Ike wouldn't have a moveset that easily matched any of the other characters in the game. Lyn likely got in for popularity and Celica due to Echoes's recent release, but both of them notably shared their move sets with another character already in the game (Lyn with Navarre and Celica with Marth).

I'm actually fairly certain I remember reading somewhere Celica was already in the planning stages for Warriors before the devs even knew there was gonna be a Gaiden remake. I can't source this, but it explained why the History Mode map for Gaiden was sprite-based and not based off as it appeared in Echoes.

Lyn... yeah popularity. I'm not sure it's fair to say that their sharing movesets was notable, because only a few movesets were truly unique by the time Awakenings DLC was released, and those that weren't shared with another playable character were used as the basis for the generic enemy captains...

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

DLC though. A few of those characters got unique movesets.

Lyn and Celica weren't DLC characters. Both were "guest" characters in the base game and both had move sets copied from other characters.

And among the DLC characters, the only characters with brand new move sets were Azura and Olivia.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Lyn and Celica weren't DLC characters. Both were "guest" characters in the base game and both had move sets copied from other characters.

And among the DLC characters, the only characters with brand new move sets were Azura and Olivia.

I didn't say they were? I don't see why anything would've stopped them from adding a guest DLC character.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't make a bunny Ike.

Wait what, I'm pretty sure you made a drawing of Ike in a bunny costume. You showed it Ana, I wasn't dreaming.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Linde had a unique moveset to, even though it was still somewhat similar to the standard Mage moveset employed by Robin, Tharja, and the three stooges.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Based off CYL2, they don’t. I don’t remember off-hand where they placed exactly, but I know that neither did particularly well.

They both did better than Siegbert who had the privilege of being put on a banner. Also votes don't represent popularity because a character can be well liked but not liked enough for someone to specifically vote for them. So Lyn and Hector fans might like those two but not to the point they'll waste one of their votes on them when they can instead vote for their favourite instead. 

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Wait what, I'm pretty sure you made a drawing of Ike in a bunny costume. You showed it Ana, I wasn't dreaming.

Nope, I didn't. I did draw an OC male in a bunny suit, though he looks nothing like Ike. Could you be thinking of him?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Nope, I didn't. I did draw an OC male in a bunny suit, though he looks nothing like Ike. Could you be thinking of him?

Oops, right I forgot.

Still it could be a possibility. It happened to Chrom.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

I'm actually fairly certain I remember reading somewhere Celica was already in the planning stages for Warriors before the devs even knew there was gonna be a Gaiden remake. I can't source this, but it explained why the History Mode map for Gaiden was sprite-based and not based off as it appeared in Echoes.

I mean, "existing during the planning stages" means nothing to me as a software developer. Lots of things exist during the planning stages.

I didn't say they were? I don't see why anything would've stopped them from adding a guest DLC character.

Principle. I believe they made it pretty clear by launch that Lyn and Celica were the only guest characters planned for the game and that each DLC pack would focus on only a single game.

Also, if Warriors did well, they can save Ike as marketing material for a second title.

2 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Ok, but think. Who would use an armored healer anyway? There's a reason why we don't have armored dancers.

Yeah, I know it sounds ridiculous but IS has already done questionable decisions with this game before that armored staff wouldn't surprise me. But if I had to guess to make armored staffs work they would be to give them armor march, a ridiculous amount of def/res to offset their otherwise low movement along with either a good bst bin or the colorless version of those A-slot skill that Helbindi and Laegjarn has.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

To be completely fair, Ike wouldn't have a moveset that easily matched any of the other characters in the game. Lyn likely got in for popularity and Celica due to Echoes's recent release, but both of them notably shared their move sets with another character already in the game (Lyn with Navarre and Celica with Marth).

I would say Chrom's moveset is the closest to Ike's fighting style (my guess as someone who didn't play the Tellius games) but for the most part I was merely making a harmless jab at Ike fans plus this isn't really the right forum topic to be discussing this.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, but what makes IS think that the players that like armors for scoring wouldn't pull for armors being added to the normal pool as well as seasonals?

My guess is it's about cashflow. Seasonals demand you pull now since they're so limited in timeframe. Also there's the weapon problem. 

Currently swords, lances, and axes all have strong budget and luxury options in the permanent pool: (Draug/Zephiel, Effie/Hector, Sheena/Grima) but these new armor units all have weapon types previously unused so even people already invested in armor teams will be tempted to pull.

It really doesn't help that armors are melee locked outside of Marth's games and Jugdral which have their popular units certainly, but none who are armored

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Principle. I believe they made it pretty clear by launch that Lyn and Celica were the only guest characters planned for the game and that each DLC pack would focus on only a single game.

Also, if Warriors did well, they can save Ike as marketing material for a second title.

Yeah, if Warriors 2 becomes a thing. If not, I'll forever be sad that they didn't just do a second round of DLC that included him...

I think Ike is looked at so seriously that they are hesitant to give him a seasonal alt which is usually a very silly rendition of character.  It might be why we only got Groom marth, I doubt we would ever get bunny man Marth or something.  

Halloween Myrrh is perfect....except that A skill.  They just have to keep distant counter exclusive to Hector I guess.  Speaking of armor dragons.  With Myrrh we will now have red, blue and green armor dragons.  Enough for full coverage.  Perhaps a colorless armor dragon is next.  A blue flying dragon may come soon too.  I think this is the evolution of dragon emblem.  Dragon armor emblem.  Dragon flier emblem.  

Oh yeah it might seem ho hum to many of you, but Mia comes with Hone fliers.  In the regular pool there is only Hinoka, and it is so vital for flier teams.  I hope one day Hone fliers is found on more units, or even Hinoka moves to 3-4 stars.  Makes setting up a flier team so hard.

Also why do people hate Kagero?  The Ninja who likes to draw?  So why is she there over Oboro and such?  Well cause of how she looks.  People who haven't played Fates see a 10/10 beauty.  Don't want to be mean but I don't think Oboro's looks are why she is popular, you need to know her personality and who she is to be interested.  

@Diovani Bressan Totally agree, the editted version is so much better.  I'm glad they didn't go the lolicon route this time and kept things classy.  

Edited by Lewyn

My rapid fire opinions for everyone.

Mia - Must have her! Cute flying healer come home!

Kagero - Looks neat as an armor dagger, second to Mia.

Niles - Whatever. Has cool skills at least.

Myrrh - Precious and likely busted, but I’ll wait for a LH banner.

Going to wait before going all in to summon, but it’s Colorless>Green>>>>>>>>>Red>>>Blue

16 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

They both did better than Siegbert who had the privilege of being put on a banner. Also votes don't represent popularity because a character can be well liked but not liked enough for someone to specifically vote for them. So Lyn and Hector fans might like those two but not to the point they'll waste one of their votes on them when they can instead vote for their favourite instead. 

Yeah, CYL results aren’t an end-all-be-all. In Siegbert’s case, he is directly related to a popular character (his dad) so that’s probably his excuse. Heirs of Fate being a thing might’ve also helped his case.

10 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I think Ike is looked at so seriously that they are hesitant to give him a seasonal alt which is usually a very silly rendition of character.  It might be why we only got Groom marth, I doubt we would ever get bunny man Marth or something.  

That's absurd, if anything else seeing someone as serious as Ike in a silly costume would be charming & more importantly profitable.

9 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Oh yeah it might seem ho hum to many of you, but Mia comes with Hone fliers.  In the regular pool there is only Hinoka, and it is so vital for flier teams.  I hope one day Hone fliers is found on more units, or even Hinoka moves to 3-4 stars.  Makes setting up a flier team so hard.

Yea, that would be really nice. It's incredibly difficult because of that. I'm still not really sure why she's exclusive to 5* when her Nohrian counterpart isn't.

5 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Also why do people hate Kagero?  The Ninja who likes to draw?  So why is she there over Oboro and such?  Well cause of how she looks.  People who haven't played Fates see a 10/10 beauty.  Don't want to be mean but I don't think Oboro's looks are why she is popular, you need to know her personality and who she is to be interested.  

Because she's a 3DS era character, this her 2nd alt, & because she has big breast.

Somewhere between the 3, I imagine

15 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I know her personality and who she is, and I still don't really like her.

The problem, for me at least, is that she seems to be almost completely consumed by the whole "retainer" business, but it's not funny like it is with Saizo. Her unique style of art comes up occasionally, such as with her supports with Arthur, but they aren't a defining trait like Oboro hating Nohr enough to look like a demon just looking at a Nohrian and having a flair for fashion, or Niles being a sadistic weirdo who sends shiver down everyone's spines because he's in the room. In fact, the only supports she is a part of that are memorable are her ones with Arthur, and only because Arthur is a gem. I legit cannot tell you anything about Kagero, and that's bad because I used to read the Supports of EVERYONE in Awakening and Fates when I was bored. Heck, I can even tell you a few things about Camilla, and she's the other character getting all the alts.

Yeah, it's inevitable that a game is gonna have some odd ducks when it tries to inject personality into a cast of 50+ characters, but maaybe don't decide to flaunt said duck on another stage?

Edited by Xenomata

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

I don't know, I thought Innes was a serious looking dude yet we have him running on a beach and swinging a flag at people.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Halloween Myrrh is perfect....except that A skill.  They just have to keep distant counter exclusive to Hector I guess.  Speaking of armor dragons.  With Myrrh we will now have red, blue and green armor dragons.  Enough for full coverage.  Perhaps a colorless armor dragon is next.  A blue flying dragon may come soon too.  I think this is the evolution of dragon emblem.  Dragon armor emblem.  Dragon flier emblem.  

Cue Legendary Colorless Armored Dragon Corrin coming this November/December to make L!Robin obsolete.

10 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

That's absurd, if anything else seeing someone as serious as Ike in a silly costume would be charming & more importantly profitable.

9 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Yea, that would be really nice. It's incredibly difficult because of that. I'm still not really sure why she's exclusive to 5* when her Nohrian counterpart isn't.

5 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Because she's a 3DS era character, this her 2nd alt, & because she has big breast.

Somewhere between the 3, I imagine

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, CYL results aren’t an end-all-be-all. In Siegbert’s case, he is directly related to a popular character (his dad) so that’s probably his excuse. Heirs of Fate being a thing might’ve also helped his case.

Reinhardt was also very unpopular before he was added yet they still decided to add him. 

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yeah, this too. Ike doesn't seem like the type who'd dress up like that, but he'd be so funny if he did! lol

3 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I don't know, I thought Innes was a serious looking dude yet we have him running on a beach and swinging a flag at people.

And we have the super serious and proper Frederick running around on a beach and showing off his killer abs while throwing seashells too. lol Kagero also strikes me as someone who's serious. And dudes like Xander and Chrom dressed as bunnies? That's definitely silly for them too.

And we have the super serious and proper Frederick running around on a beach and showing off his killer abs while throwing seashells too. lol Kagero also strikes me as someone who's serious. And dudes like Xander and Chrom dressed as bunnies? That's definitely silly for them too.

Don't forget Xander doing his silly Dance!

Or Alfonse dressed as a bunny with a... loose carrot because Sharena wanted him to.