New seasonal Banner: Land’s Bounty

Poimagic

13 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Reinhardt was also very unpopular before he was added yet they still decided to add him. 

"Unpopular" is slightly different from "unheard of".

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Don't forget Xander doing his silly Dance!

It looks like he just got taught how to do bon odori by Ryoma and kind of just sucks a it.

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, if Warriors 2 becomes a thing. If not, I'll forever be sad that they didn't just do a second round of DLC that included him...

I'm personally hoping for a second title, preferably with Elibe and Tellius as the primary additions (maybe with Sigurd as a guest or something). Laguz with transforming awakenings would be awesome.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Ah the Ace Attorney approach, I see what you did there game. 

Wait, I thought this was a common misconception and that it actually is grape juice in Ace Attorney as well? Just remember hearing it when I was into the fandom before Yamazaki came and ruined it.

Anyway, fun banner. It's not really my cup of tea, especially Mia, but it's definitely more mixed and unexpected than I thought it would be. Wonder when the next inevitable Elise and Leo will show up.

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Don't forget Xander doing his silly Dance!

Or Alfonse dressed as a bunny with a... loose carrot because Sharena wanted him to.

OMG yes, that dance is hilarious. XD

Yeah, Alfonse was uncomfortable and his reaction to seeing himself in a bunny costume in that paralogue was funny too. lol

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm personally hoping for a second title, preferably with Elibe and Tellius as the primary additions (maybe with Sigurd as a guest or something). Laguz with transforming awakenings would be awesome.

Yes, that would be amazing!

I need Mia for that dumb attack line. I already like Lani Minella's voice for Mia because she makes her sound like a very energetic dork which is endearing to me, but this is something else. Bonus points for, if I can actually summon her or anyone on this banner, being a flying healer and my first flier with Hone Fliers because Hinoka is a lie myth, New Year's Azura and ToD! Nowi never showed up, and summer Camilla was introduced during my can't summon except for freebie summons self-punishment so it would have taken a miracle for any focus to have appeared.

Also, this is just me, but her Witchy Wand looks like a candy cane to me. Then again, that wouldn't be that out of place nowadays with holiday shopping being shoved up so early.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Wait, I thought this was a common misconception and that it actually is grape juice in Ace Attorney as well? Just remember hearing it when I was into the fandom before Yamazaki came and ruined it.

I think that's what he meant, that's it juice and not alcohol in the original and localized versions of both AA and FEH.

33 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Also why do people hate Kagero?  The Ninja who likes to draw?  So why is she there over Oboro and such?  Well cause of how she looks.  People who haven't played Fates see a 10/10 beauty.  Don't want to be mean but I don't think Oboro's looks are why she is popular, you need to know her personality and who she is to be interested.  

Tits are extremely divisive in this community.

@Xenomata for me the fact that Kagero is more understated is exactly the reason i like her. Characters like Arthur came off so hammy i could never really get into them. I'd take understated bordering on bland over a character so quirky you can't by a person ever behaving like this. (Not saying that's what Arthur is btw)

9 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

@Xenomata for me the fact that Kagero is more understated is exactly the reason i like her. Characters like Arthur came off so hammy i could never really get into them. I'd take understated bordering on bland over a character so quirky you can't by a person ever behaving like this. (Not saying that's what Arthur is btw)

Won't say you're wrong exactly, but I also don't expect much in the way of reality when it comes to games. Heck even the games I don't like because of how gritty and "real" they are I can appreciate how overly-silly the context of everything is in review (Gears of War and CoD came to mind in typing)

Characters like Kagero, however, I do feel are important to have in a cast to keep everyone grounded in some form of reality... but again, you usually don't want to be shown a boring character as part of a special occasion...

Edited by Xenomata

35 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Also why do people hate Kagero?  The Ninja who likes to draw?  So why is she there over Oboro and such?  Well cause of how she looks.  People who haven't played Fates see a 10/10 beauty.  Don't want to be mean but I don't think Oboro's looks are why she is popular, you need to know her personality and who she is to be interested. 

The problem is... this isn't unique to Kagero. There are attractive, "busty" females in almost every Fire Emblem game. You've got Orochi, Vaida, Lucia, Charlotte, Sonya, Mathilda, Sonia and so on...

She really doesn't deserve two alts, let alone in the span of a single year.

Huh, interesting choice of characters. I definitely didn't expect Mia. I don't think I'll spend a ton of orbs here, but I might throw a couple to try and get Mia or Myrrh. Dorcas is already a reward so the best character will already grace my barracks lol.

28 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Now that I have fully digested Mia's Waluigi impersonation this banner, can someone explain what Yu-Gi-Oh description they've given Mia's Staff?

You know how Staves are all like "if they punch you in the face with waluigi voice they debuff you at the end of combat?"

After combat, if unit attacked, resets Special cooldown of target and foes within 2 spaces of target, and inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 per attack during combat.

Effect 1: After your masculinity is deprived, they reset your Special CD to what it was

E.g. Mia mutilates Zephiel's Eckesachs once who have Aether

Aether 5 CD - Attacked Aether 4 CD

End of Battle

Debuff activation phase -> Zephiel and unit around Zephiel in 2 panel got their special CD re-set so 4 Aether went back to 5

inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 per attack during combat.

Effect 2: Just like how Trilema give you TA3, this give your opponent Guard effect when the affected unit is in combat

(Neutralizes Special cooldown count reductions after combat, but skills that Accelerate and Slow Special are still effective.)

Anyway lets do this one by one

but skills that Accelerate and Slow Special are still effective.

This shit is here as a way to say "Special's base CD are not neccesarily their CD in combat, because Lighting Breath and Slayer effect modifies them" Read this less as an effect and more as a clause saying "no, killer and LB modified the CD by themselves, so the reset is based on the Special CD with killer/LB applied"

Neutralizes Special cooldown count reductions after combat

This is written the way it does as a sort of furture proofing. Currently the only SCDR after combat.... is Special Spiral who only activates if it is activated

This staff is build under the assumption that Dazzle is applied on the staff(which is obvious), but people doesn't neccesarily would always have Dazzle in it. The ONLY WAY this could be relevant now is if you dont have Dazzle, you attack someone with Special Spiral, the Special is activated, and then this very effect is activated so Special Spiral is not activated

Otoh lets say in the future they create Special Spiral that always activates after combat regardless? This will cancel that

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

9 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Now that I have fully digested Mia's Waluigi impersonation this banner, can someone explain what Yu-Gi-Oh description they've given Mia's Staff?

If she hits someone, the following stuff happens:

• Their Special is reset after that fight (ie: if the enemy had Bonfire ready, with a normal weapon, it'd be set back to 3). The same reset effect applies to all enemies within 2 spaces
  • The target and enemies within 2 spaces are also hit with a unique "Guard" effect, as if everyone who they fight has Guard active against them.
  • The Guard effect from the staff doesn't stack with Guard or Special Fighter
  • Seems like certain abilities (like Special Spiral) can work around the Special Reset effect, assuming their conditions are met. Can't verify that yet though.
  • Certain abilities (like Steady Breath, Vengeful Fighter) can somewhat work around the Guard effect, they'd work just like they do when Guard is active: the user gets -1 to cooldown per hit instead of the usual -2 per hit

Overall it's pretty great, it's definitely up there with Candlelight in terms of usefulness

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Won't say you're wrong exactly, but I also don't expect much in the way of reality when it comes to games. Heck even the games I don't like because of how gritty and "real" they are I can appreciate how overly-silly the context of everything is in review.

Characters like Kagero, however, I do feel are important to have in a cast to keep everyone grounded in some form of reality... but again, you usually don't want to be shown a boring character as part of a special occasion...

Part of it is just expectations. Most People tend to see the series through the lens of their first or favourite game and on both counts for me that's PoR, which is comparatively light on comedy and restrained with its character designs. Alot of the silliness of the 3ds games was kindof offputting for me (though certainly not all of it, i dug Azama and Orochi amoung other things).

That being said, part of the beauty of the series is that FE reinvents itself every 2-3 games so while alot about the 3ds titles didn't work for me, it did for other people and the series will always move on to some new fascination. I'm sure some will lament certain aspects of the 3ds titles being left behind or heavily modified in Three Houses but it's also exciting to know no matter where the series is, it won't stay there forever 

20 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Unheard of is even worse because there's no chance at recognition. 

Not necessarily, i wouldn't pull for Soleil because i have heard of her and actively dispise her. Some rando from fe5 I've never heard of i might get a chance if their design is nice or they fill a role i need

Edited by colossus86

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

You know how Staves are all like "if they punch you in the face with waluigi voice they debuff you at the end of combat?"

After combat, if unit attacked, resets Special cooldown of target and foes within 2 spaces of target, and inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 per attack during combat.

Effect 1: After your masculinity is deprived, they reset your Special CD to what it was

E.g. Mia mutilates Zephiel's Eckesachs once who have Aether

Aether 5 CD - Attacked Aether 4 CD

End of Battle

Debuff activation phase -> Zephiel and unit around Zephiel in 2 panel got their special CD re-set so 4 Aether went back to 5

inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 per attack during combat.

Effect 2: Just like how Trilema give you TA3, this give your opponent Guard effect when the affected unit is in combat

(Neutralizes Special cooldown count reductions after combat, but skills that Accelerate and Slow Special are still effective.)

Anyway lets do this one by one

but skills that Accelerate and Slow Special are still effective.

This shit is here as a way to say "Special's base CD are not neccesarily their CD in combat, because Lighting Breath and Slayer effect modifies them" Read this less as an effect and more as a clause saying "no, killer and LB modified the CD by themselves, so the reset is based on the Special CD with killer/LB applied"

This is written the way it does as a sort of furture proofing. Currently the only SCDR after combat.... is Special Spiral who only activates if it is activated

This staff is build under the assumption that Dazzle is applied on the staff(which is obvious), but people doesn't neccesarily would always have Dazzle in it. The ONLY WAY this could be relevant now is if you dont have Dazzle, you attack someone with Special Spiral, the Special is activated, and then this very effect is activated so Special Spiral is not activated

Otoh lets say in the future they create Special Spiral that always activates after combat regardless? This will cancel that

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

If she hits someone, the following stuff happens:

• Their Special is reset after that fight (ie: if the enemy had Bonfire ready, with a normal weapon, it'd be set back to 3). The same reset effect applies to all enemies within 2 spaces
  • The target and enemies within 2 spaces are also hit with a unique "Guard" effect, as if everyone who they fight has Guard active against them.
  • The Guard effect from the staff doesn't stack with Guard or Special Fighter
  • Seems like certain abilities (like Special Spiral) can work around the Special Reset effect, assuming their conditions are met. Can't verify that yet though.
  • Certain abilities (like Steady Breath, Vengeful Fighter) can somewhat work around the Guard effect, they'd work just like they do when Guard is active: the user gets -1 to cooldown per hit instead of the usual -2 per hit

Overall it's pretty great, it's definitely up there with Candlelight in terms of usefulness

Nice and completely OP, especially if it can get Refined with Wrazzle Dazzle. 

Bat ears!

Probably mentioned already, but bat ears! Maybe I should give them to Gerome so he can finally be a true Batman or Myrrh because I don't think I'd be able to summon her Halloween version.

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

Nice and completely OP, especially if it can get Refined with Wrazzle Dazzle. 

It can be inherited/refined, yeah. It's definitely a great weapon, but I don't know if I'd call it anymore OP than some of the other staves, which have similar ways of screwing over the enemy. You still need a fair degree of dominance over the battlefield to make them into instant win weapons.

Hmmm well I am somewhat pleased and somehwat miffed, also completely in adoration of the incredibly cute Myrrh.

Overall, I am glad that this doesn't feature another iteration of a Nohrian royal. Niles is a rare Nohrian that I like, and he hasn't gotten representation before, so I am completely fine with his alt.

And well, the banner actually does feature equal Fates representation. Except they are using Kagero again.. Okay.. Not my first pick from the roster, even disregarding that she already got an alt in Spring. I guess Hinoka isn't fanservicey enough? Is Kagero the Hoshidan Camilla to them? Eh, all I can do is guess. I don't dislike Kagerou, but they really should have picked Oboro, Orochi or even Hinoka again instead.

I am indifferent to Mia. Except that I was selfishly hoping Sakura would be the first flying staff healer. I guess they can still do that at some point. Oh well..

Myrrh however is utterly adorable. What's with the devs throwing out all these cute dragon girls? They just know I have to pull for them. Out of the four, she is the only one I want to pull for. ...After I hopefully get Sakunyan from the Halloween 2017 rerun.

33 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Dark Mystletainn.

But yes, IS has historically been very good about future proofing.

38 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Holy Vestments, Sacred Cowl, Aegis, and Ice Mirror can still activate and trigger Special Spiral, even with Dazzling Staff, so this effect is actually relevant (well, other than the fact that almost no one uses Special Spiral with one of those skills).