New seasonal Banner: Land’s Bounty

Poimagic

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Did they post Dorcas's artwork?  Could I please have a link?

Spoilers because it's datamined info:

Spoiler

Here you go: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9mkkf7/halloween_dorcas_has_been_revealed/.

Pretty disappointed he wasn't on the banner and apparently his stats are pretty good aside from CYL Ephraim and Hector existing: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9mkpni/dorcaspumpkin_smasher_info/.

He's an axe armor with 49 HP, 41 Atk, 25 Spd, 37 Def, and 21 Res with Swap, Sturdy Stance as a 4*, and Wary Fighter 3 as a 5*. Compared to his regular self: +4 HP, +6 Atk, +2 Spd, +2 Def, and -3 Res.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Spoilers because it's datamined info:

Reveal hidden contents

Here you go: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9mkkf7/halloween_dorcas_has_been_revealed/.

Pretty disappointed he wasn't on the banner and apparently his stats are pretty good aside from CYL Ephraim and Hector existing: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9mkpni/dorcaspumpkin_smasher_info/.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

natalie_gets_to_fuck_this_every_day.png

Best art of the lot.  I love it!  Thanks for sharing:)

Just now, EricaofRenais said:

Thanks!

Best art of the lot.  I love it!  Thanks for sharing:)

Np. I love that he’s dressed as a Minotaur. I wasn’t expecting it at all but it’s great. 

3 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

This the best alt they could have given him oh my god.

Also is it true he's a armored?

That’s what I’ve seen. Im not sure how true, but probably tbh. And what I saw stat wise, he seems busted. 49/41/25/37/21

Edited by Tolvir

Stats. Remember to give thanks to the dataminers.

Spoiler

Witch Mia's 36 HP, 30 Atk, 34 Spd, 22 Def, and 28 gives her 150 BST and she has a HP superboon and a Res superbane. Compared to her regular self, -2 HP, -2 Atk, -6 Spd, -6 Def, and +3 Res.

Maid Kagero's 41 HP, 38 Atk, 21 Spd, 32 Def, and 33 Res gives her 165 BST and she has no superboons and a HP superbane. She's basically green dagger Tharja with lower bulk for more attack. Compared to her regular self, +10 HP, +3 Atk, -11 Spd, +10 Def, and +5 Res and compared to her ninjabbit self, +5 HP, +3 Atk, -13 Spd, +14 Def, and +6 Res.

Devil Niles's 37 HP, 34 Atk, 39 Spd, 25 Def, and 29 Res gives him 164 BST and he has a defense and a HP superboons and a Res superbane. Niles has the lowest bulk of all ranged armors and armors in general to ToD! Henry's 36 HP, 26 Def, and 36 Res and Valentine's Lyn's 37 HP, 27 Def, and 34 Res, but the highest speed of all armors at 39 speed which is 3 higher than Valentine's Lyn for ranged armors and 4 higher than poncho Tiki's for armors in general. Compared to his regular self, +0 HP, +9 Atk, +5 Spd, +8 Def, and -5 Res.

Spooky Myrrh's 46 HP, 38 Atk, 23 Spd, 40 Def, and 32 Res gives her 179 BST and she has an attack and speed superboon and a defense superbane. She's pretty much as min-maxed as can be. Compared to her regular self, +4 HP, +5 Atk, -2 Spd, +4 Def, and +1 Res.

Noted before, but minotaur Dorcas's 49 HP, 41 Atk, 25 Spd, 37 Def, and 21 Res gives him 173 BST. He's essentially Hector without Armads, Distant Counter as a default passive, access to boons and banes, and merges beyond +1. Compared to his regular self, +4 HP, +6 Atk, +2 Spd, +2 Def, and -3 Res.

Edited by Kaden

8 minutes ago, Korath88 said:
  Hide contents

And thus we now conclude the TT armor trinity of BK, Eliwood and Dorcas.

Sturdy stance though.

I want more merges for all three of those beautiful men. *cries*

But I'm gonna break tradition and one of my copies of the new manly man armor is going to be fed to Silas for that Sturdy Stance because Silas is best boyfriend of Fates.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

Myrrh's stat spread made me puke in my mouth a little. That's also a 179 total, so legendary Tiki's stat total is still the highest.

Spoiler

But of course gets an Atk superboon to hit 180 anyways

7 minutes ago, Korath88 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

....And I think I'm gonna hurl again.

Also I'm just going to throw an advance warning out there: legendary Tiki is likely to be in the next set of Arena bonus units, when spoopy Myrrh will also be one. We won't have to worry about that this week but it's certainly something to keep in mind.

16 minutes ago, Korath88 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

And then you get her with -Def.

Devil Niles's stats seem difficult to work with to me. He's an armor, so without Armor March, he's going to have a hard time moving around and initiating on the enemy despite being a ranged unit and with his low defenses for an armor, he'd going to have a hard time taking hits unlike the other armors where at least Henry and Lyn have resistance. Granted, he's incredibly fast and has access to Guard Bow to help on enemy phase, but that's only against ranged units. Regardless, he looks like one of the best users of Special Fighter with his speed.

Edited by Kaden

Wow, my stat prediction isn't really that far off. I'll make my review for this banner a bit later.

Curious what Dorcas will offer for me.

Spoiler

Although I have good green armor axe units.

25 minutes ago, Kaden said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Devil Niles's stats seem difficult to work with to me. He's an armor, so without Armor March, he's going to have a hard time moving around and initiating on the enemy despite being a ranged unit and with his low defenses for an armor, he'd going to have a hard time taking hits unlike the other armors where at least Henry and Lyn have resistance. Granted, he's incredibly fast and has access to Guard Bow to help on enemy phase, but that's only against ranged units. Regardless, he looks like one of the best users of Special Fighter with his speed.

nods. looks like the most player phase centric of the armours so far, but utilizing that w/out armour march or the seal boots will be a pain. i mostly run wards on my armour teams so honestly tempted to be boring and give him Firesweep+, throw him onto my tactics team w perma boots seal (provided i pull the sucker). if he never gets hit via Firesweep + team move assists he basically has static 2 move. idk though. he still has some bulk and it seems a shame to waste it. special fighter would definitely be hot.

Edited by wizzard of soz

1 hour ago, Kaden said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think it's intended for an ally to Reposition him, given Atk/Spd Link 3. He'd actually make a really good PP unit, with all those atk/spd buffs. Still, that means 3 free spaces without lava/rivers/mountains/etc. in the way.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

See what others said about the nekomata. I was a little confused at first when I saw her outfit too, despite thinking she made a cute kitty anyway. But after learning what a nekomata is, it does still sorta fit Halloween.

Okay, fair. But now with...

Spoiler

...Dorcas seeming to be dressed like a minotaur, which isn't necessarily Halloween-themed as it is much just mythology-themed...

...Kagero isn't exactly the odd one out anymore. Any costume fits the theme and fits in, looks like. (Besides, I can't exactly see any other excuse to throw in a non-maid character dressed as a maid than Halloween, and Japan loves their maid costumes.)

Edited by NoirCore

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Okay, fair. But now with...

Reveal hidden contents

...Dorcas seeming to be dressed like a minotaur, which isn't necessarily Halloween-themed as it is much just mythology-themed...

...Kagero isn't exactly the odd one out anymore. Any costume fits the theme and fits in, looks like. (Besides, I can't exactly see any other excuse to throw in a non-maid character dressed as a maid than Halloween, and Japan loves their maid costumes.)

Yeah, fair. Though a minotaur can be scary in its own way.

Dorcas... Yeesh, I'm a straight dude, but I totally get any girls getting excited over the dude!  Looks to be a great F2P unit!

Beyond him, the only other thing I'm looking forward to is Mia.  She is a new and currently unique unit combo, she looks to be a potential staple for GHB, and that WAH! is such a delight to listen to!

Not since Bow!noka have I dared to wade into colorless hell, but I'll give it a shot with what few orbs I can muster up.

Ok, here's my banner review. The only new stuff in it that I consider is the mined stats, so if that bothers you, ignore my post.

Mia: Moonlit Witch - I am excited about this character, reason alone is because she's the first flying healer in the game, a niche that sounds so useful, yet we didn't see it implemented. Just like regular Mia she has great speed, yet fragile in defense. Recover+ is a strong healing skill to start with, yet I wouldn't mind experimenting on her how other staffs could be useful, for example Physic+. The weapon is a nice new anti-special staff, which would be lovely if they could cut down the description length by at least 1 line, I can already see how they can do that. Her Resistance is nice, unfortunately a Res- is superboon, which could be crushing for her. But overall she's a very nice unit, and a very exciting one.

Kagero: Beverage Ninja - Well that's not wine, so tell me what kind of juice is in that bottle. Also comes with a new skill Even Atk Wave 3, which completes the palette of Wave skills. She's slower than I expected her to be, but that's my bad, she comes with Bold Fighter. While she is very much player phase armored unit, she's still got a lot of bulk we need to go through, and the mixed defense is not making it easier for us. While I don't like Kagero as a character, I just wonder what kind of fetish dress they give to her in future seasonal banner.

Niles: Forbidden Tease - My god, the offensive threat Niles brings is no joke. He's the fastest armored unit alive, if he stays alive. I feel like that those defense and health would be bad for Niles if he ever get doubled. A Def+ roll would defineately help. But honestly I think he's the bottom of this bunch. Atk/Spd Link 3 is a nice new skill that can be scary, but situational, Smite is even more situational, and I haven't seen Fortify skills in the meta lately.

Myrrh: Spooky Monster - Holding to my word, fear the dragon. Atk and Spd are superboon, while Def is superbane. She doesn't need speed, and you can see that from her skills and her stats. While Def/Res 2 is the final stat modifier A skill missing, it can easily be replaced with Warding Stance, and you have a Myrrh that doesn't go down anytime soon. She has truly boss stats, skills are premium all around (except A slot, but I already told you that), which makes her clearly a winner for this banner. Bonus point for her cute costume too.

Red > Colorless > Green > Blue - I probably uprated Mia for her uniqueness, but even that is not enough to surpass the power Myrrh is offering.

What happened to Dorcas?

Spoiler

Dorcas: Pumpkin Smasher - Ok, Dorcas is good in what he is doing as an axe armored unit, he's got high physical bulk and health. He's going to be useful for newer players, but he's probably get the bench from most of us who already have an armored axe unit. Let's face it, L!Hector and Brave Ephraim are much better choices than him. His skills are not bad, but it's not enough to match the top tier.

I would have pulled for her anyway, but Myrrh's Def and Atk are absolutely disgusting and I love it (obvious Myrrh bias is obvious). I can't wait for tomorrow (so I can get a +Spd/-Def one, knowing my luck...)!

...and yes, her outfit and appearance are an absolute 11/10. She's the cutest thing I've ever seen!!

Spoiler

@silveraura25 I'm glad to have both of them, Ephraim was my free pick. Because Ephraim is open as free, and because legendary banners have better drop rates, there might be more people having them than we think.