New seasonal Banner: Land’s Bounty

Poimagic

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Hide contents

what Dorcas is up to? Knowing him (and from what Niles said), he probably just wants candy for Natalie. D'aww.

That's exactly what he's doing.

Dorcas: Pumpkin Smasher - A mercenary trying to earn money for his ill wife's treatment. He'd like to bring her back some treats. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's exactly what he's doing.

Dorcas: Pumpkin Smasher - A mercenary trying to earn money for his ill wife's treatment. He'd like to bring her back some treats. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.

Huh. Thank you!

Got Mia in just six pulls! She's +Def/-Spd, which is... quite possibly the worst possible nature for her, but I'm not gonna complain. She's a healer anyway, so who cares.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

@Mau, yeah...

Speaking on the TT, anyone think it'll continue on from the Paralogue and explain

Reveal hidden contents

what Dorcas is up to? Knowing him (and from what Niles said), he probably just wants candy for Natalie. D'aww.

My bet is while he's out looking for candy he fell into the Tempest and now we must rescue him from the Castlevania happy vampire's manor.

Well as anyone could have predicted. I see not a red in sight. And when I finally do, my meager pile of orbs earns me a Exalted Chrom instead of a Myrrh. I may have been excited if he was a different bane. I was always curious how a +SPD variant would play. But nah. He is still -SPD just like my last. Only my last has +ATK and this one is +DEF. I guess I have Chill DEF fodder?

I got both my desired units, Myrrh and Mia, in exactly 31 orbs plus the free summon. Lucky me! I didn't check their stats before starting leveling them so i will wait till lv40 to see their natures.

I was thinking of pulling more for merges of Mia but i will wait until the calendary for the month is out.

10 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I got both my desired units, Myrrh and Mia, in exactly 31 orbs plus the free summon. Lucky me! I didn't check their stats before starting leveling them so i will wait till lv40 to see their natures.

I was thinking of pulling more for merges of Mia but i will wait until the calendary for the month is out.

i am always so jealous when people do it in so few orbs. it too me forever to get Myrrh :( 
I'm waiting for the same. i'd like to see what Legendary brings us. but i def. want a Mia. I also can't wait for TT because I have 20K feathers for Dorcas :)

2 hours ago, Usana said:

Well as anyone could have predicted. I see not a red in sight. And when I finally do, my meager pile of orbs earns me a Exalted Chrom instead of a Myrrh. I may have been excited if he was a different bane. I was always curious how a +SPD variant would play. But nah. He is still -SPD just like my last. Only my last has +ATK and this one is +DEF. I guess I have Chill DEF fodder?

Well seeing a bunch of reds doesn't necessarily mean good news, sure it instills one with hope but ultimately can often lead to disappointment.  Ooh 4 reds!  Oh wait, its 4 Raigh.  Ah!!

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Mia's "Wah!!!" is killing me 

Most hilarious battle cry in the game.  The actress should get some kind of award for this alone.  

I'm tempted to pull for Myrrh since I'm in need of red SI fodder and her Armor March would allow me to run an armor team for this TT but after watching someone on Youtube with almost twice my orb count not get a single focus unit only reminds me of the disaster that was pulling for AotB!Hector so I think I'll be passing on this banner. I'll decide after they release the event calendar. 

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

I'm tempted to pull for Myrrh since I'm in need of red SI fodder and her Armor March would allow me to run an armor team for this TT but after watching someone on Youtube with almost twice my orb count not get a single focus unit only reminds me of the disaster that was pulling for AotB!Hector so I think I'll be passing on this banner. I'll decide after they release the event calendar. 

it took me 5.25 % twice to get one 5* unit (Thankfully Myrrh. twice, she broke my rate - and i was kinda happy/mad about it). this was even snipping purely red and colourless  (I got one random 3.00 off focus green unit, so i don't count this) it makes me extremely apprehensive to go for mia now. (even though i'd truly love to have her). I'll have to see like you the event, and what's on legendary. after extremely blowing my FEH budget (by like. a tonne), i have to be very careful as I would really like to try for a Winter Tharja/Winter Lissa/NY!Azura trio
(so i can already forsee the future about how torturous that could be). 

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I got my desired unit though her IVs are somewhat lousy (+Res/-Spd Mia) and it took a little too many orbs for my liking (137 orbs).

Back to saving up.

it seems people are really lucky  - or it's taking for.ev.er.  sorry it took so much from you.

17 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT: I don't know what I inadvertently sacrificed for this, but my second Kagero was [+Atk, -Spd]. Well, holy shit. I think I might need to watch out for what karma has in store for me.

Now I know exactly what I sacrificed.

1Ab5NDB.jpg

And that was after hitting 5.75% on the previous drought before being pity broken by sword Lyn and Shigure.

This 6% was thankfully broken by Mia and Niles.

Edited by Ice Dragon

It took some orbs but I managed to get Myrrh and Waluigi...errr...Mia. 

That Dorcas alt doesn’t really interest me so I’ll feed one to Beruka or Frederick. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

On 10/8/2018 at 9:36 AM, Kaden said:

What happened to Arden, Draug, and Zephiel? They were all free unit at some point. Also, we really, really need more regular sword armors. It's kind of a problem when only two are in the regular summoning pool and three are GHB or TT units.

Draug requires heavy investment (I have DC, Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter fodder, but I don't really care about him. Brom, Meg, Gilliam, Oswin or Gatrie get added to the game and we'll talk about big investments like that.), BK is fine but he's only one armor and Arden... is limited in practice in my experience.

BK is honestly a great armor, but the problem is inheriting skills to him is a no-no because the minute I pull Zelgius, BK is instantly obsolete and all SI on him becomes a waste.

16 hours ago, daisy jane said:

it took me 5.25 % twice to get one 5* unit (Thankfully Myrrh. twice, she broke my rate - and i was kinda happy/mad about it). this was even snipping purely red and colourless  (I got one random 3.00 off focus green unit, so i don't count this) it makes me extremely apprehensive to go for mia now. (even though i'd truly love to have her). I'll have to see like you the event, and what's on legendary. after extremely blowing my FEH budget (by like. a tonne), i have to be very careful as I would really like to try for a Winter Tharja/Winter Lissa/NY!Azura trio
(so i can already forsee the future about how torturous that could be). 

Welp, pulled on the LB banner and got 3 off focus reds. I'm stopping there. I did get a decent number of 5 stars on the Swift Sparrow banner so I can't complain too much. I was able to pull Silvia and Silas from this banner so I've pulled all of the 4* star units in the summoning pool, for now.

Edited by tobuShogi

35 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Welp, pulled on the LB banner and got 3 off focus reds. I'm stopping there. I did get a decent number of 5 stars on the Swift Sparrow banner so I can't complain too much. I was able to pull Silvia and Silas from this banner so I got all of the 4* star units in the summoning pool, for now.

I got Silvia too! (two of them). i like her, shes spiffy. 
Yah. i mean... the game giveth, and the game taketh (my money away). ;) 
the PA banner i got all 4 + 1 extra inigo and several other 5 stars. 
Legendary i got pretty decent pulls
so...  guess this is the lull. 

in getting extra orbs, i actually managed to bank a fair amount away. so this now gives me a nice solid base so i hopefully never get to zero again. (I don't mind saving up, but as there is a lot of orbs i have to give up because i'm not strong enough/don't have the units/seals, etc) - i really don't want to start back again at square zero. that's no fun. 

I figure I have my +1 Myrrh and go home. hopefully Mia is on a legendary. 

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Draug requires heavy investment (I have DC, Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter fodder, but I don't really care about him. Brom, Meg, Gilliam, Oswin or Gatrie get added to the game and we'll talk about big investments like that.), BK is fine but he's only one armor and Arden... is limited in practice in my experience.

BK is honestly a great armor, but the problem is inheriting skills to him is a no-no because the minute I pull Zelgius, BK is instantly obsolete and all SI on him becomes a waste.

Draug I will give you, but for regular stuff like armored quests and PvE, Arden's fine. My point was that you should have other red armors for regular PvE. For PvP, as I said, it's a problem when there's only two regularly summonable sword armors and three GHB/TT ones. We don't even have a seasonal sword armor, but we do have several seasonal red, melee or ranged, armors. At this point, and as much as people would hate it, a Risen Chrom alt who is a sword armor for another Fallen Heroes banner would work and even a red armor Zelgius with I don't know, a Heavy Blade version of Wing Sword. I don't expect them to actually introduce Fado, Meg, or whoever primarily or is shown in official art usually using swords and is an armor anytime soon. We don't even have Hannibal or Xavier as regular bow armors and they would probably sell like hotcakes. Makes sense when they can destroy people's wallets with limited, seasonal armors and units in general.

As for inheriting things onto the Black Knight, you could just give the usual Swap and Ward Armors to the Black Knight for regular stuff. That's not really heavy investment with how common those skills are. Going beyond that, however, is up to you. I also gave him Pivot, Vantage, and Hone and Fortify Armor because of space reasons prior to combat manuals being a thing and because only sword armors are the free ones, so other than Draug who is a heavy investment, it's not a waste for me.

2 hours ago, Garlyle said:

This is what's wrong with this game. In a nutshell.

What you don't get to see is the session where I got 2 copies of Mia. And the back-to-back sessions where I got 2 copies of Myrrh.

So gathered orbs from unclaimed sources(such Tiki and Mar-Mar skill study), got up to 14. First session no red orbs. Got a 3 star healer who wasn't much. Next session had two reds and one was Myrrh! She is +HP/-RES which isn't ideal, but also not horrible(not -DEF). Not sure what I really wanted, but a RES or DEF boon would have been nice partnered with either SPD or HP bane. Still, quite usable.

I. . . am debating if I should pull for more of her. I would love to have her as a staple, but . . . I already had 1 pity breaker on this banner and 2 5*'s this fast is really good, so maybe I should just cut while I am ahead.

51 minutes ago, Usana said:

So gathered orbs from unclaimed sources(such Tiki and Mar-Mar skill study), got up to 14. First session no red orbs. Got a 3 star healer who wasn't much. Next session had two reds and one was Myrrh! She is +HP/-RES which isn't ideal, but also not horrible(not -DEF). Not sure what I really wanted, but a RES or DEF boon would have been nice partnered with either SPD or HP bane. Still, quite usable.

I. . . am debating if I should pull for more of her. I would love to have her as a staple, but . . . I already had 1 pity breaker on this banner and 2 5*'s this fast is really good, so maybe I should just cut while I am ahead.

I say cut and run. I've never had good luck hunting for a better nature on any unit within one banner. Usually, I never see them again, but on the rare occasions I do (looking at you Sigurd), they have a worse nature, especially if their nature was decent or slightly above neutral rather than terrible (Sigurd).

Finally, I can partecipate in this topic. Hello everyone. I pulled a Myrrh fairly easily, with about 50 orbs. She is -HP/+Def which is okay, I guess. She will be a great addiction to my Armor Team. But now I'm uncertain of what to do with the rest of my orbs. I don't really care much for merges or SI, but I know I'm missing a ranged armor for my team.

I have Zelgius, L!Hector, M!Grima and now H!Myrrh who can counter at distance, but no one that can attack from a distance. Should I try for Niles? Or am I better off trying fro Henry and Jakob when they come back?

Edited by GrandeRampel