Tempest Trials: Familiar Faces!

Vaximillian

HVMnWA4.png

A new Tempest Trials event has just begun, running along with this year’s Halloweed banner, to last from the 14th till the 24th of October, subtitled Familiar Faces!
Farfetched Heroes Mia and Dorcas sway candy- and mischief-hungry Myrrh and Niles to prank their way through the tempest for reasons.

A first alt for Dorcas, DorcasPumpkin Smasher (what pumpkin?) is our major reward this time, obtainable at 1,000 and 15,000 points.

Final map, with Halloween Henry as the boss, brings us back to Ylisstol where we’ve had our merry not-Christmas:
yk1puwrwv2r11.png

Bonus units are, as follows:
Screenshot_20181014-141856.jpg
Original versions of Mia, Myrrh, and Dorcas are featured on the summoning focus banner accompanying the event.

Major rewards for this episode include:
For 1,000 points: 4★ Dorcas: Pumpkin Smasher;
For 6,000 points: Spd/Def 1 seal;
For 10,000 points: Darting Stance 1 seal;
For 12,500 points: an earth blessing;
For 15,000 points: 5★ Dorcas: Pumpkin Smasher;
For 20,000 points: Brazen Atk/Res 1 seal.

Show off your Dorcases and smashed pumpkins, folks!

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

We've had pretty boring seals lately, barring maybe Drive Speed. Hoping we can get another Smoke or Tactics seal at least. No Seal please. 

Watch as they create the ultimate meme

Seal Seal Seal

If you fight against unit with effect that reduces stats, nulify it

Now the 2 years wait until it evolves into Dewgong Dewgong Dewgong

20 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Now the 2 years wait until it evolves into Dewgong Dewgong Dewgong

Oh how I wish that gives out Divine Dew

@Vaximillian We have Guard weapons this time...so hopefully Guard seal?

Or will that compete too much for the need to pull the seasonals for their weapon effects :|

Not sure who the other bonus units are, but maybe they'll do something like the normal versions of the seasonal units again. So maybe Mia, Kagero and Myrrh? (Or Dorcas if they want 5 star units only to entice people for the TT banner). Niles was just in a VG banner so they might skip him.

The event seems to start later than last months TTs, where we had the corresponding new heroes banner on 7th, the TT banner on 8th and the event on 11th. 

59 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

A first alt for Dorcas, subtitled Pumpkin Smasher (what pumpkin?) is confirmed to be our major reward this time.

Looks like he is an axe unit again: 

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dorcas

Okay. Sure. His Japanese title is カボチャ割りの斧, which is "Pumpkin-splitting Axe". So he's probably still an axe unit.

9 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

What happened to Dorcas? He joined the Smashing Pumpkins.

Hopefully he's mounted in some fashion, though I'm doubtful.

If I have to guess, he's a poisonous zombie.

Since she was kind of the "premier" unit last Halloween, I'm guessing Witchy Nowi is gonna be on the bonus roster as well.

The other two? Henry and Jakob I'd wanna guess, since that'd convince people to try and pull for them?

52 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

If I have to guess, he's a poisonous zombie.

Breath weapon user with Poison strike from eating toxic food.

I could also see either a mummy Dorcas or an Frankenstein Dorcas as an alternative.

@Xenomata Hmm, Henry and Jakob makes sense actually since 3 out of the 4 new units are armoured, and hey Henry has Armour March.

It's almost like the Christmas TT with lots of armours then.

Edited by mcsilas

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

No, no, no, clearly they made Dorcas the Headless Horseman with a pumpkin mask or something. Should be interesting to see.

I only accept one Headless Horseman, and he comes from Jugdral.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Leave them to rot on the bench.

I don't know how appealing that'll be considering there's pumpkins involved with this one. Shame he'd never get the chance to be a weresheep with strike skills.

Of the other three bonus units, I'm going to guess Catkura's the odd cat out.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Leave them to rot on the bench.

Since this LB!Dorcas is obtained from Tempest Trials, do you still consider him a seasonal unit? While he shares the same theme with other Halloween units, he is no different from other Tempest Trials unit who are free and available in limited quantities, which is the opposite of Specials Heroes, who are not free and can be obtained in an unlimited amount (assuming the player has a big wallet).

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Since this LB!Dorcas is obtained from Tempest Trials, do you still consider him a seasonal unit?

Yes. The theme is what matters, not the way the unit is obtained. Corrin and Marth are in the same spot.

I don´t think that the old units will be bonus. Leaving at least one of them out will make people who only have it complain (which in this case would be fair). Having the 8 being last year and this year banner would be even worse (no free bonus unit). I'm guessing that the other 3 will be the askr trio.

As for the seals, I think that having a guard seal is counter producent for this banner. I think the premium seal this time will be either Drive Res or Atk Tactics. The normal one could be Threaten Res (if Drive Res is not included) or Cancel Affinity f.e. The budget one I'd bet for something such as the new Def/Res+

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

A first alt for Dorcas, subtitled Pumpkin Smasher (what pumpkin?) is confirmed to be our major reward this time.

Get ready for Pumpkin Squasher+

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

What happened to Dorcas? He joined the Smashing Pumpkins.

Despite all his rage, he's still just a rat in a cage in need of cash for his wife.

I can't wait for what the Seal rewards would be myself.

Edited by Karimlan

47 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yes. The theme is what matters, not the way the unit is obtained. Corrin and Marth are in the same spot.

So, would you be okay if Intelligent Systems introduce new normal units in Special Heroes Foci while alts in costumes are featured in New Heroes Foci?