Tempest Trials: Familiar Faces!

Vaximillian

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not terribly impressed with the seals once again. At least they’re... unique? But it’s frustrating how we’re kinda given the worst of their kinds in terms of Stances and Brazens. It’s sad that the one I’m most looking forward to is +Def/Spd. How about rounding out the remaining tactics? I never got a Legault, so Attack Tactics would be nice. Or the remaining smokes? Maybe some of the waves? I dunno. This was another letdown for me.

As for the bonus units, I’ll throw in Dorcas since Mia and Myrrh are already maxed out. Flora and Ophelia can fill out the remaining colors. If I manage to get Halloween Mia, she’ll be the fourth.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

Darn. I need to save my orbs, but if they rerun last year's banner... I'm reminded of how much I wanted to pull Vamp Henry. And didn't. Still don't have him, so... I dunno. I need my F!Grima, though, and I like a lot of the new units, too. Agh, choices...

Edit: The good news is that I have regular Myrrh. The bad news is that her team isn't ready yet and she's not on the team I usually use for these things anyway. At least it would've been mostly complete if I'd pulled F!Grima… x_x

Edited by Mercakete

This'll be a chore. No bonus unit for me until the new Dorcas comes. And even then I didn't want him to be a armor unit because it'll be difficult for him to be moved around in TT

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

Them not using regular Niles or Kagero, right? Yeah, them leaving those two out specifically is pretty good. Yup.

You get 1-2 seasonals every time, and the only 4 new character banner of the year, and you still complain that you aren't being given enough? Yup.

That Dorcas looks pretty sweet. In all senses of the word.

12 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

You get 1-2 seasonals every time, and the only 4 new character banner of the year, and you still complain that you aren't being given enough? Yup.

What? I love how you always rebut arguments that were never stated.

He was complaining that among the bases for the current seasonals, only the 3–4★s were omitted as bonus for the tempest while the 5★s are all here. Geez, how hard can it be to actually read?

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What? I love how you always rebut arguments that were never stated.

He was complaining that among the bases for the current seasonals, only the 3–4★s were omitted as bonus for the tempest while the 5★s are all here. Geez, how hard can it be to actually read?

Show me where he stated that was the argument, or you're doing just as much assuming.

Bolded; who gives a shit? There's a free unit for the 40% bonus, and the scoring is lenient enough that you hit 50k without using a bonus unit or a stamina potion. If he's complaining about that, then I apologize; he isn't entitled, he's a fucking moron.

Edited by Baldrick

Goddammit IS, stop it with the banners that force me to pull on them. Another OG Myyrh banner so quickly after the last one and after you stole all my orbs for stupid Bunny Sharena/noHector? Also, I'll probably end up with another Dorcas....

Just let me save up orbs for once, grumblegrumble....

As for the TT itself: Seals are OK (triple Brazen Alfonse, maybe) - nothing I really want; Bonus is taken care of; Henry is kinda annoying, but manageable; Yeah, nothing too special about it - same old, same old.

Wow, seals looks good. It seems that Hone Atk will have to wait for the second upgrade. I think I’ll upgrade first Darting Stance and then Brazen Atk/Res. Although is a Brazen skill, I think is the one I would use less in my units, so there’s no hurry

Edited by Javi Blizz

Brazen seems pretty nice. Darting stance is a good seal to have on unit who has DC in their A slot or for a dragon that's trying to be fast with lightning breath

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Show me where he stated that was the argument, or you're doing just as much assuming.

No, he really was that obvious. What else could "not using regular Niles or Kagero" be referring to?

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Bolded; who gives a shit? There's a free unit for the 40% bonus, and the scoring is lenient enough that you hit 50k without using a bonus unit or a stamina potion. If he's complaining about that, then I apologize; he isn't entitled, he's a fucking moron.

Because there is only one easily obtainable unit out of the eight bonus units. This is unaccommodating for free players, who are forced to use Halloween Dorcas or hope for a lucky pull from a banner.

Furthermore, the scoring isn't lenient enough that newer players who don't have well-developed barracks will have an easy time getting high on the rewards list without a bonus unit.

Finally, Dorcas is an armored unit, which are notoriously hard to use without a team composition designed for them.

Get off of your high horse and see things from other people's perspective.

So Dorcas becomes my man of the hour, being the only one of the units I have, unless I manage to pull Devil Niles quickly from the Halloween banner.

Shame, I was looking forward to using my normal Niles a bit more. He's fun to use in TT.

Three seals with A-Slot skills? That's surprising, I'll upgrade SPD/DEF and Brazen ATK/RES. 

Dorcas looks great! ... ouch, why is he armored? *narf*

No bonus unit from the 4* pool? There are still plenty who never have been bonus in TTs, that's sad. 

Oh! I didn't notice all seals are A-Slot skills... neat!

Darting Stance(*) is the least useful for me. I really enjoy dual stats seals, and Brazen Atk/Res will be the first to be upgraded... Why there are people saying that Brazen Atk/Res is the worst Brazen we could have as a seal? I prefer it than Brazen Spd/Res (which doesn't exist as a A-slot skill yet)...

Edit: I wrote darting blow instead of dartirng stance.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

We’re getting Darting Stance, not Blow.

Oh yes. I wrote the wrong name. I was thinking about the stance skill, but I wrote the blow skill. But to be fair, Darting Blow would be more useful for me than Darting Stance.

Gosh i'm so tempted to use Sturdy Stance for Silas...but it would be a waste of that sweet Guard Axe, I feel I have to give it to an axe unit.

Hmm good thing I still kept my -Atk Dorcas, I can use him for my second account. No bonus unit for my main though until Dorcas.

Never thought I'd see Brazen Sacred Seals. Lon'qu will have fun with that just in time for his refine.

Excited for Darting Stance and Brazen Atk/Res. Idk who is gonna get one, but someone on my main army will. Probably B!Ike for Brazen Atk/Res since he has DC and middling Resistance. 

Otherwise, I could put DS on Silas who already has Sturdy and Fierce Stance, so then he’d have 3 stances. But his speed is so low it would really only help a little in keeping him from getting doubled on rare occasion, so might not be worth it. Hmm.

Since I got OG Mia (whom I've never used so far), OG Myrrh and OG Dorcas, a good team is possible for me. Too many green options though. 

Final team would be OG Mia, FF!Dorcas, FF!Mia (hopefully) and a blue ranged unit (Shigure, Lucina, Odin).