Tempest Trials: Familiar Faces!

Vaximillian

OG Dorcas, OG Mia, Haloween Mia and OG Myrrh are making this too easy. 

Myrhh (+ATK/-SPD) can tank everything because she never get's doubled (TT boost, Steady Stance + DEF Tactic = 52 DEF), killing most of the melee units with QR2/Bonfire. Hone Fliers + DEF Tactic from Mia help too. 

Mia (+ATK/-DEF, no SI) is taking care of red TA/Rubys and proc'ing +10 Lunas all the time thanks to Infantry Pulse on Dorcas and Quickened pulse seal. 

Surprisingly Halloween Mia is the weakest of the bunch, even if I gave her Gravity+ her main job is to heal. 

21 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Surprisingly I'm not really liking Dorcas as a bonus unit. Even with the bloated stats he doesn't seem the best fit for this TT, especially with Bold Fighter Henry as the boss. My regular mia (-atk) is doing pretty good, though.

Uh, why? My Dorcas is doing great.

Usually I run him with TA2 because of his +RES/-ATK nature, but with TT boosts I'm running his vanilla set + SWAP and he tanks/kills all blue and green mages + most of the melee units. He got killed by a Sonya once though, but his team-mates cleared the remaining 4 maps regardless. 

13 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am using Mia, Myrrh, Halloween Mia and Legendary Tiki, and this team is working pretty well. I loved Witchy Wand+. It's a really good staff!

A also got a Halloween Myrrh:

Hide contents

screen10.png Isn't my Halloween Myrrh adorable?

Congrats on that Myrrh, I think that costume is good enough. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, finally got started with Myrrh, M!Tiki, A!Tiki and F!Corrin for my first team.

It works really well with bonus hours, but because two of them are 4* units it doesn't seem like they'll be as good afterwards. Thankfully Dorcas has a full team as backup right now.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Uh, why? My Dorcas is doing great.

Usually I run him with TA2 because of his +RES/-ATK nature, but with TT boosts I'm running his vanilla set + SWAP and he tanks/kills all blue and green mages + most of the melee units. He got killed by a Sonya once though, but his team-mates cleared the remaining 4 maps regardless.

Oh my bad, I meant Halloween Dorcas. I was expecting his super stats to just faceroll things but even with my +10 Effie and Armor March supporting him he wasn't doing so hot on auto battle. I guess his default Wary Fighter build without a Brave Weapon is a bit slow at killing before he gets killed himself on auto.

And I'm not gonna lie.. I actually completely forgot regular Dorcas was a bonus unit, oops. I tunnel visioned on using my Mia for some reason and forgot his normal version was a bonus too. I think I'll switch him in right away now that you reminded me, and I bet he'll surely do better Halloween one thanks to that DC and 2 move.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Oh my bad, I meant Halloween Dorcas. I was expecting his super stats to just faceroll things but even with my +10 Effie and Armor March supporting him he wasn't doing so hot on auto battle. I guess his default Wary Fighter build without a Brave Weapon is a bit slow at killing before he gets killed himself on auto.

Ah, ok should have guessed you mean the new guy. I'm not a big fan of Wary Fighter myself. I just got him and will level him up today to see how he is like

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

And I'm not gonna lie.. I actually completely forgot regular Dorcas was a bonus unit, oops. I tunnel visioned on using my Mia for some reason and forgot his normal version was a bonus too. I think I'll switch him in right away now that you reminded me, and I bet he'll surely do better Halloween one thanks to that DC and 2 move.

DC/QR/IP is just much more useful than anything the candy collector has to offer. His art is fantastic though. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Surprisingly Halloween Mia is the weakest of the bunch, even if I gave her Gravity+ her main job is to heal. 

My Halloween Mia buffs OG Myrrh with "Hone Fliers",  OG Myrrh buffs Legendary Tiki with "Hone Dragons" and Legendary Tiki buffs OG Myrrh and herself with "With Everyone!", so OG Myrrh and L' Tiki are always buffed. And Wicked Hand is pretty good, especially against Halloween Henry, because I can nullify Bold Fighter's Special cooldown charge +1 effect. I never was a fan of the Guard Skill, but I am a fan of "inflict Guard status on foes".

OG Mia is there to help against green units, especially Halloween Henry. I have QR to my L' Tiki, and she also has Wary Fighter so she cannot be doubled and she can double the enemy easily thanks to her 35 Spd + 6 from Hone Dragons. Myrrh cannot double, but Heavy Blade Seal is helping her to trigger her special faster.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Congrats on that Myrrh, I think that costume is good enough. 

To be fair, that's my Myrrh I got from her Original Banner, but she looks cute with the bat ears anyway.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

My Halloween Mia buffs OG Myrrh with "Hone Fliers",  OG Myrrh buffs Legendary Tiki with "Hone Dragons" and Legendary Tiki buffs OG Myrrh and herself with "With Everyone!", so OG Myrrh and L' Tiki are always buffed. And Wicked Hand is pretty good, especially against Halloween Henry, because I can nullify Bold Fighter's Special cooldown charge +1 effect. I never was a fan of the Guard Skill, but I am a fan of "inflict Guard status on foes".

She is cool and the buffs are nice, but Henry is no big deal because of OG Mia on team #1 (or SS!Tiki on my Dragon Tempest team (or Zeglius on my Armor Tempest team)). 

Lunatic PvE content doesn't have threats which would make me want Guard (or "Guard on foes"). At the same time I don't need Gravity, because TT scoring want's me to kills stuff fast (which is done by the other 3 units). 

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

To be fair, that's my Myrrh I got from her Original Banner, but she looks cute with the bat ears anyway.

With that cuteness-level she qualifies as Halloween treats herself. 

9 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Oh my bad, I meant Halloween Dorcas.

I went and tried him a little with some fellow armors (L!Tiki & Zeglius) and healing Mia.

He is still just a slow armor, but does a pretty decent job. With Wary fighter he can tank almost every unit at least once and has got a good chance for a kill on PP with his high ATK. Switched to QR2 and Bonfire for more melee kills and it works well. With Tikis buff and Ward armor from Zeglius he takes no damage from physical units (for example Eirika), and procs a fat Bonfire when getting doubled. 

He is also good in tanking units that rely on their special because of in-build Guard. 

Reached 10,000. I couldn't start yesterday because of having been busy and on the road much of the day. Could've played in the car, I guess, but...yeah. I'll do more TT later on.

Trying out a bulkier team with Canas, LB!Dorcas, Ephraim, and Ethlyn. Usually I like one fast unit but I ran out of(more like I don't have enough) fast red mages so I'm relying on Canas. He's not the fastest one around but he lives hits from ToD!Henry so that's good enough in my books.

Just got the Brazen Atk/Res seal (finally I'm getting stuff to make my Sonya powerful!). Mia/Mia/Dorcas/Lute is a pretty solid team, although Lute tends to die quite early on auto battle. 

Dorcas is a lot of fun after giving him Aether and Steady Breath, which I don't regret because he has the best possible nature (+Atk -Spd), I have like another 4 spare B!Ikes and watching him destroy everything on his own is awesome. The Mias do ok but they need expensive fodder to shine and they're not that high on the priority list. 

@Alexmender Wow, nice Dorcas and great fodder you've got stacked.

I think it's a good decision to give the only DC-Axe some expensive fodder. My Dorcas is -ATK with his vanilla set and he is still doing more than fine.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Could've played in the car, I guess, but..

Playing while traveling is the main advantage Heroes got over other FE games in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Playing while traveling is the main advantage Heroes got over other FE games in my opinion. 

Yeah, if I could hear it well. Sometimes it's kind of loud when you're on the highway.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, if I could hear it well. Sometimes it's kind of loud when you're on the highway.

I'm not a big fan of headphones myself, but I'd bring them on a long travel by car (as long as I'm not the driver of course). 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm not a big fan of headphones myself, but I'd bring them on a long travel by car (as long as I'm not the driver of course). 

You can't attach headphones to a phone. Not mine anyway. Doesn't have a jack for it.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You can't attach headphones to a phone. Not mine anyway. Doesn't have a jack for it.

Depending on the phone you have, there might be an adapter for it and it may have come with your phone (my Moto Z2 only has a USB C port, but it came with an adapter for the standard headphone jack). If there isn't, I'd assume most phones these days support Bluetooth.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Depending on the phone you have, there might be an adapter for it and it may have come with your phone (my Moto Z2 only has a USB C port, but it came with an adapter for the standard headphone jack). If there isn't, I'd assume most phones these days support Bluetooth.

I see. Yeah, my phone does support Bluetooth.