Do you want any character(s) from previous FE games to return on Three Houses?

No. Maybe DLC/Amiibo, but not in the main game. It just wouldn't make any sense.

I would perhaps accept a subtle reference to a character who canonically left their continent at some point; one example being a class whose description goes something along the lines of, "Practitioners of a unique way of the sword once used by a legendary master that visited Fodlan from their own land." But an actual character... no. This is a new continent, with new characters and new gameplay. I'd rather it stay that way. 

…Except maybe Anna, now that I remember her, but no mention of the identical sisters!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anna which it would be a different Anna, the cipher units I wouldn't mind seeing be actual playable units in the main game though that's just me hoping the cipher exclusive units were foreshadowing a game all this time. Otherwise amiibo units and maybe dlc but no more than that. Well one more exception, if the manakete girl we see in the trailer is say a young naga I'll be fine with that. But if it's Tiki unless explained well I won't buy it.

Personally, no. I think Three Houses should be its own thing, so shoehorning characters from past games in there is just asking for trouble. And that, to me, includes Anna. MAYBE she can be the shop manager, but she shouldn't be there as a playable character, mascot or no (though she isn't even the franchise mascot. That's Marth and not even he appears in every game in the series. Case in point: Anna isn't in Smash, Marth is. Pikachu is. Mario is. Link is).
I will admit that this partly stems from the fact that I really, REALLY do not like Anna as she is depicted in Warriors, Fates and Awakening and I fear that the Three Houses Anna will just be those other Annas all over again (since apparently, they're all the same person). The whole "there's five billion of me, huehuehue!" gimmick is kind of getting old at this point, as well.

If the Cipher units from Echoes make a return, I wouldn't mind that, but I think it would be better if they got their own game instead. Same with any of the Heroes originals, which seem to be interesting enough characters to warrant starring in their own mainline game someday.

No, having the Awakening kids in Fates was jarring and convoluted, even if I like them. And Caeldori and co were even worse. It would've been better to have original characters.

In the case of Anna, I would like her back but as others have said I'd rather she be a shopkeeper or some other type of helpful NPC. Ideally without the gold digging/multiple Annas gimmick that's made her more annoying than likeable to me recently. 

27 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

No, having the Awakening kids in Fates was jarring and convoluted, even if I like them. And Caeldori and co were even worse. It would've been better to have original characters.

In the case of Anna, I would like her back but as others have said I'd rather she be a shopkeeper or some other type of helpful NPC. Ideally without the gold digging/multiple Annas gimmick that's made her more annoying than likeable to me recently. 

If they make Convoy units a thing again Anna could be a fun convoy. And it would fit the better aspects of her personality rather than the worse ones that are kinda on your face, with belonging to thief classes and all.

8 hours ago, RexBolt said:

If they make Convoy units a thing again Anna could be a fun convoy. And it would fit the better aspects of her personality rather than the worse ones that are kinda on your face, with belonging to thief classes and all.

Yeah it would be cool and fitting for the character she is, it probably wont happen though since having your MC be the convoy is more convenient. As for the money loving personality yeah her past personality before Awakenings Anna was more cute and likable, but unfortunately to some it seems like they're gonna keep going with how she is now. But then again not many are bothered by it so I guess its appealing. I just hope if married you are more of a priority to her than gold Fates's Anna was a decent start of toning her down a bit. I hope Three Houses keeps it but not be her entire character but just a secondary charm. It would be cool to have a more in depth character of the recruitable Anna than just another "one of many identical sisters".

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

2 hours ago, Hekselka said:

No, we're on a new game system so it's time for a new cast and a new world. 

Oh but I'm fine with Anna since she's more or less a mascot character.

Yeah, Anna I'd agree with; it would be shocking if she wasn't.

I've seen complaints about Anna being in a playable role, but frankly, if IS continues to give us lackluster thieves (Niles and Gaius honestly are both among the worst thieves I've ever seen. Pathetic, both of them are), then I would want her to be playable more...

Yeah, no.  I want mostly original characters.

The only ones I might not object to seeing are Oboro, Lucina (in amiibo), and maybe one other from some other FE (particularly if they're from Jugdral or Archanea, and especially if they're the Whitewings or a member of one of the Noble Houses of Grannvale/a Jugdral royal).  Though they should only be DLC/outside of the main plot, sort of like how in VC4's DLC the Squad 7 characters and Selvaria are clearly not actually part of the game's main story but are playable units regardless.  And this is only due to my personal bias in wanting to see more of these characters.  Also, it'd be nice if this was only done after Three Houses manages to achieve financial success; one of Fates' biggest problems was riding too hard on Awakening's success and basing all their decisions on that game (especially the garbage fanservice decisions like making all the siblings romanceable for the avatar).

And in terms of Anna, if she's gonna be like how she was in Awakening and Fates, I'd rather her be gone.  I hate that vapid, one-note version of her, the only place the money-loving Anna was done right was in Warriors because she actually had personality and some degree of compassion.  Maybe Heroes too, since she's also more than just a money-grubber in that game.  And if it's not too much to ask, please don't relegate her to DLC and have her only retain a single support chain.

Anna is kind of the exception but generally no, I mean amiibo and maybe some sort of outrealm (or whatever it will be called this time) dlc or bonus map is ok but I do not want to see another Inigo, Owain, Severa or even White Wing Sisters/Camus type thing. The only way any past characters should be in the story in my opinion is if this game is a direct sequel or prequel, not by dimension/continent hopping.

On 13-10-2018 at 9:42 PM, Ertrick36 said:

The only ones I might not object to seeing are Oboro

Oboro's popularity and quality of characters would make her one of the more deserving characters but I don't think Oboro would work very well outside of Fateslandia. Oboro's tight bond with team Takumi would make it weird to see her without them and with how devoted she is to Takumi it would probably cause her quite a lot of distress. There aren't any Nohrians outside of Fateslandia either so that part of her personality would disappear as well. It are these two traits that give Oboro her nuance and without them only the gimmicks of the tailoring and angry faces remains. 

No. Just.... no. I don't like the idea of characters from other FE games suddenly and mysteriously showing up in a completely different world and breaking up the immersion. I don't even want Anna to come back; at this point she's getting more than a little stale as a character.

Edited by GamerX51

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oboro's popularity and quality of characters would make her one of the more deserving characters but I don't think Oboro would work very well outside of Fateslandia. Oboro's tight bond with team Takumi would make it weird to see her without them and with how devoted she is to Takumi it would probably cause her quite a lot of distress. There aren't any Nohrians outside of Fateslandia either so that part of her personality would disappear as well. It are these two traits that give Oboro her nuance and without them only the gimmicks of the tailoring and angry faces remains. 

She has three interactions with characters outside of her own world in Warriors that are interesting.  The one she has with the Warriors Anna is one of my favorites, and she never even mentions Takumi or Nohr; it's just a conversation between two businesswomen about a craft/hobby.

I think they could make it work.  One can always make a character work in a different world if they're creative enough; as sappy as it is to say, nothing is impossible with a little imagination.  They managed to turn Inigo and Selena into better characters, even (regardless of how their involvement may have affected the story).  What I like about Oboro is she isn't just a racist or just a girl who likes Takumi/is part of a team, she has proper nuance; she is a tailor, a merchant, a caregiver, a soldier, consultant, etc.  And in fact I think it'd be interesting on its own to see her handle the absence of Takumi and Hinata and being in a world she is unfamiliar with.  She has versatility as a character.

The main thing that holds this back is I severely doubt she'd go to a different world of her own free will, and I don't think the writers could come up with a reason for her entering another world without it be stupidly contrived (like she walks in a door and suddenly is in another world, or some other nonsensical crap that'd force her there).  Or it'd have to be akin to the einherjar summons, and at that point she'd lose her individuality and personality.

But again, what Three Houses needs to do, above all else, is stand on its own two feet.  So even as much as I like her, I don't want IS dragging her into the base game like they did with the Awakening characters.

DLC would work best to handle it imo, since in the past its been quite controversial. But including them as DLC will bypass that issue imo, since they are largely nonproblematic and have no effect on the story in that way.

But I would love it myself. I had fun with it in Fates, it was fun in Echoes, I have always enjoyed returning characters in that way. Cipher characters coming back would be great too, I found them really fun in Echoes and think they deserve a bit more of the spotlight outside of Cipher.

I think outside of that, they could do a number of things. They could take popular non lords and use them for DLC, based on stuff like CYL. Or they could take characters who "traveled to far away lands" or whatever in their ending, like Kliff for example.

Anna is a given- she's the mascot, so she should be represented in some way. She doesn't need to be playable, just present. However, if she is playable, it would be cool to see what class they've picked for her this time.

I'm also up for the Cipher characters to be DLC.

And that's it really. The only repeats I won't be as annoyed with are a different Awakening trio. Fates set it up as all of the kids were swept up and taken to another dimension so they can exist without causing a paradox or something in their world. I could see them adding Noire, Gerome, and Nah as the next trio.

In the main game, no, they really should just go with an original cast instead of dumping in characters that probably don't even exist within the same universe and trying to explain it.

The biggest exceptions would be Anna (although I'd prefer if she wasn't playable) since she appears in nearly ever game, and of course Amiibo units since they'd be more of a bonus for having the amiibo and are non-canon to the game's story.  If they have to bring back characters from other games, I feel that DLC or side content (that has nothing to do with the main story) would be the best way to handle that, such as the Cipher character in Echoes.