Do you want any character(s) from previous FE games to return on Three Houses?

Disclaimer: I haven't read a lot of information about the game yet.

If yes then which ones?

Since Inigo (Laslow) and Owain (Odin) returned on Fates, it would be great to see Ophelia and Soleil on Three Houses to continue the Awakening legacy. 

-Their identities would probably remain the same and not be changed like their parents did. 

-Severa (Selena) would probably be mentioned by one of them in a support conversation. Selena would probably be their mentor from another land (Nohr) or something like that.

-Their role would probably be as ambassadors from Nohr. I don't have much knowledge of political history so I don't know if the embassy thing would work for the kingdoms. 

-Their age would be between 21-29. 

-Their base classes would probably be the same as in Fates. Also, their unique skill as well. 

-They will probably have their 2nd Gen characters if the game decides to have the children based on most female units rather than most male units. That is, if they decide to have children units returns.

-Soleil could have S-Support with some of the female characters including Ophelia and the female MU.

This is just how I imagine Ophelia and Soleil's return. 

Edit: I change my mind. I guess it would be better for the game to have more original characters rather than returning or reincarnations of previous characters. Because I did like the Awakening 2nd gen trio to be part of Nohr but I didn't like the Hoshidan reincarnations of previous characters (Asugi, Rhajat, & Caeldori). 

However, as many users have pointed out on this thread, it would be great to see the Cipher units returns and perhaps have an option to have an S-Support with them.

Also, you cannot have an FE game without Anna. She could either return as a playable character along with her shopkeeper sisters or she could be some sort of stat booster. Heck, it would be nice if she sold some skills as well. 

In short, do you want any characters from previous FE games (any games of the FE series, even before Awakening and Fates) to return on Three Houses?

Edited by Smog
I change my mind after reading the replies. My original thought would still be visible though.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think any of the characters should come back in the main story. 

It might be fun to see Marth or Ike show up as bosses for post game levels which are meant to be hard.

But other than that I don't see myself enjoying a character coming back.

I want the Cipher Units back, and I want the other three to come in with them. Also Anna, we must have more Anna. Other than that, I'm not sure what I think of the idea, it'll probably depend on how it would be implemented.

I'd like to see Anna as the item manager in the castle/main hub. Some of the best lords (Marth, Ike, Hector, Alm, Roy, ect.) as post-game bosses who you get as units once you beat them (and then a new game + mode where you can use them, or maybe just a link cable arena like in the old GBA games, or really just any multiplayer content) Some homages to units, not direct copies or the same unit, hopefully subtle.

While it was nice to see how Inigo/Laslow, Owain/Odin, and Severa/Selena matured between Awakening and Fates, I'd rather not have any characters return. Only exceptions include Anna, Jake, and the Cipher characters (if they show up again), because they're known for showing up in multiple universes.

Outside non canon Amiibos and reoccurring Anna none at all. I want the game to stand on its own feet and not rely on outsiders of a previous entry especially if they serve no purpose(ala Fates). DLC bosses of lords I could accept kinda like Awakenings challenge maps.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna, and Anna. Did I mention I wanted Anna in Three Houses?

To echo what everyone else said, we really don't need characters from other games that aren't established to be universe hoppers (Cipher characters) or a multi-universal constant (Anna).

Edited by IfIHadToPickADude

Not unless it makes sense and it isn't just shoehorning in characters where they don't belong like with the Awakening trio in Fates. They could've easily been original characters.

I totally forgot about the cipher characters since they never stick out I never cared that much for them except Shade and Emma. Maybe if that concept returns unless it was a one time promo thing.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

I'd kinda like the idea of the amiibo units to be implemented as they were in Fates BUT, being given full access to story-related content, supports and such. Literally everything that they couldn't do as well as what they could. They're already established characters so writing conversations between each other and the new characters would be easy enough.

For a way to include them fairly without breaking the game, they should give each amiibo unit a set chapter that scanning them can recruit them after. I.E Scan Ike before Chapter 16 and he'll show up with an occasional weapon, item or bit of cash to help you but scan him AFTER chapter 16 to be able to do a special quest to recruit him. As a bonus, because people didn't like lacking access to them, they could also have their join maps included as a Season Pass Bonus or a unique map set that could be used to expand on amiibo character features.

I think that each amiibo character could give a nice selection of unique weapons and items only obtainable through scanning the amiibo (or the amiibo-based DLC if that's done) Sorta like their replica weapons in Fates but also weapons like the Regal Sword for Ike or perhaps Durandal from Roy. Maybe I'm overthinking these ideas on it but I'd like variety in my reasons for having purchased these amiibo, y'know? (And I still think it's Bull that Female Robin doesn't have an amiibo yet.)

I would rather have them focus on new characters than old one. I would be fine to see old characters returning but only if its done the way the Whitewings appeared in Gaiden instead of the poorly explained dimension hopping of Fates. 

I think the return of Soleil would be a very big mistake. Soleil is far too controversial for multiple appearances and she's so tied to the excessive fanservice approach Fates went with that I don't think she would work in a game that would dial the fanservice down. Ophelia is more conventionally popular for some reason but personally I hate the brat and neither she nor Soleil are really fitted to be an ambassador. 

Anna only. Maybe Jake. I see no reason to bog the game down with returning characters. Though I will make exception for less-known characters who had left their own land at the end of their game.... just on the off hope we can get a better final ending to Abel's life. Ike on the other hand would be an outright hijack, even if his story feels incomplete.

Like others have said: the only character I'd like to see return in the main game is Anna (I don't really care what they do with DLC and postgame shenanigans). I like FE games to be their own thing, with their own story and their own characters, unless they're directly related to each other (prequels, sequels etc.).
I don't mind returning characters, but I'm not a fan of the dimension hopping things they pulled off in Fates.

2 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

Though I will make exception for less-known characters who had left their own land at the end of their game.... 

Funnily enough, when I first read this before reading that you mentioned Abel, I thought you were talking about Deen.
On that note, I'm still waiting for Deen to return in a future FE game. I just don't think the developers will do it, because doing so would tie that game to the same setting as Archanea and Valentia (unless they make Deen a dimension hopper too, which would be dumb).

I'll go with the crowd and say Anna as well, as she's been present in every single game in the series except two. With that said, I'd like them to mess around with the "money-hungry businessperson" quirk they gave her in the recent games. They can still have multiple Anna's, and they can still all be traders, but add some subtle and distinct differences between them. For instance, the Anna that runs the secret shop is more interested in rewarding observant and clever passerby's that actually making a profit, but still has the equipment she sells be expensive because she has bills to pay and food to buy. Another Anna sets up shop in the middle of a mountain range, and when asked, she says that it's to be "the oasis in the desert" for people that decide to travel this way, such as yourself. It's also because she has a love of rock climbing, and what better way to practice than be on an actual mountain? Another Anna is located quite literally in an oasis in a desert, because she took the advice of her sister. Another Anna is a trader between out-realms, and lampshades the whole thing (and maybe even with a Planescape: Torment reference). One is on a houseboat as a reference to Beetle from the Legend of Zelda. Another is a normal trader by day, but hints that they're this worlds version of bat(wo)man at night. Another Anna is a mild-mannered but wacky inventor, and sells lethal joke weapons, etcetera etcetera.

While I don't what them to overplay the joke, I do want them to have fun with it.

As for other characters, I'm find with Cipher characters appearing as DLC, but that's really it. I hope that the setting of Three Houses is largely it's own world, and I think it would appear forced and uninspired if they had a character from another game appear there.

With that said, I don't mind if there are a few "for fun" cameos here and there, such as having a few characters hidden in the cutscene artwork in a "Wheres Waldo" fashion, or if some background NPC's bear a stinking resemblance to characters from other games. Again, I don't want them to go overboard, but it would still be cool to see IS attempt this.

No!  I want all new characters with no old ones and no "clones" (such as Rhajat).  Every FE has it's own Anna so I always consider them their own person, but yeah Anna would be the only character I would be OK with.  DLC return characters would be fine because I don't have to buy it, but keep reruns and clones out of the main game unless it is a prequel/sequel to another FE.

I'd much rather have no old characters returning. The Awakening trio already felt like pandering and the bad explanation we got for them only served to make them incompetent. If it isn't in the same world, then they should keep old characters very very far away from the new game.

I'd be ok with some non canon downloadable units or spotpass characters, but they should have no presence in the main game.

Edited by Sasori

im not a fan of the idea at all, although i would love to see anna show up with her cannon hubby jake in tow because i feel those too are strangely adorable but thats more a long standing tradition more then anything.

if i was forced into a corner and made to chose though, i would say either some genealogy/judgral cameos (since it and three houses seem to share at least some similarities) or some arcahnea cameos because i like the archanea crew personally.

the idea of amibo/cameo post game bosses though sounds like a great idea.

Nah, I'd rather it be new characters only, with maybe one surprise thrown in. Even in the case of Anna, I think the novelty of having her playable has worn thin by now.

As far as npcs go though, especially miscellaneous ones, I'm pretty much fine with anything as long as it doesn't get ridiculous. Nods are more than welcome(if anything I feel the series could use more of those), but yeah, beyond that, eh.

Can't say I'd welcome the Cipher characters either honestly, sorry everyone.

Only if they are from another continent in the same Era (Very unlikely). That would be more interesting for World building. But not through some fancy traveling between worlds and time.
It just needs to be consistent and well written.  

One idea of my side would be Est and Abel, they could pick any character which has something written like they disappeared (Not that certain trio though). Just that they traveled to another continent. I think there are more characters who would fit well. 

Another approach could be Young Athos and Nergal, as they traveled the world together (Correct me if that is out of question, I don't have the whole story in picture now). But you get at what direction this could go. 

They also could do the way they did with Tiki, Dragons have a longer lifespan so it would still be consistent if one appears as an older version 1000 years later. 

Edited by Stroud

to be honest, considering the amount of linked characters in Awakening/Fates, i would rather not see the same people all over again. better to keep things new and fresh once in a while.

althou i wouldn't mind if there was some extra character unlockable via Amiibo, or at least some other feature connected to those.