How canonically strong are these characters? - Day 13 (Tailtiu, Ninian, Morgan)

Azelle- 7/10. His class, his personal skill, and the fact he has minor Holy Blood makes him canonically powerful.

Chad- 3/10. He's a Thief. Nothing much to it. Lacking a promotion also sorta lessens his combat usefulness.

Frederick- 9/10. I don't think I need to justify such a high score, because he's literally that strong and versatile.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Azelle: 6/10 His biggest selling point is the minor Fala blood. But other than that, he doesn't have many other feats.

Skipping Chad since I never completed FE6.

Frederick 8/10: Both story wise and gameplay. His family has served the royal family of Ylisse for generations, so he must have been prepared to the job. His training breaks down the mages of the army also Vaike of all people. He took a hit from Nowi's dragon breath, and was fine the next day wanting a rematch. Got hit by an arrow badly, only to shrug it off. A true superman.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

20 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

For the record, the weapon meant to beat Nergal wasn't the other Legendary Weapons really, but more just Aureola, which Athos went specifically to stop Nergal with. This works as gameplay-wise, it was the only weapon that deals effective damage against Dark Druids. 

True, but nobody actually expected Nergal to summon the dragons in the end. The other Legendary Weapons were there as insurance basically.

20 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

@Armagon What do you think? Had a friend made this for me the moment I saw your post:

Reveal hidden contents

when-you-find-someone-who-hates-all-elit

Nice

19 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nergal is not above bluffing, yes he takes less damage from that Forblaze attack than he should have, but then he later says this:

Limstella:
“Shall we begin the process right away?”

Nergal:
“No, I lost some quintessence from the injuries I took from Athos. To summon the numbers I need, I must have more essence. One must be fully prepared when dealing with dragons. If they wrested free from my control and killed me, all would be for naught.”

Well, he's obiously not immune to damage. Plus, it actually shows he's being a bit smart here. He wants to make sure his plan works and to do that, he needs to be at full power.

19 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He tries to start a war in Lycia, which turns out to have been unnecessary because all he needed was Elbert's quintessence to open the Dragon's Gate.

And the gate remained open for a few seconds, which only allowed one dragon to come through, which quickly died. Imagine if he had all of Lycia's quintessence. How long would the Gate remain open and how many dragons would come through?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On to today's ratings.

Azelle: Uh, i actually don't remember much about him. He does have minor Holy Blood so he's still stronger than the average person. So maybe 6/10? 

Chad: Contrary to his name, he is not a chad. Being a thief means he's weak as hell but, as Eturian Emperor said, he can contribute in other ways. He's also probably quick on his feet. 3/10.

Frederick: 8/10. People always make a point about how strong Frederick is. He also has incredible observation skills, being able to notice even the smallest pebble on the road. Great fighting skills and great observation skills make a great fighter. Also a horse, giving him more mobility.

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Azelle: 7,5/10

Azelle looks like a sissy. He's got the girly long hairs and a face portrait that let some people mistake him for a shota despite being 18 years old. Azelle doesn't seem to have any noticeable muscle on him and his grand starting strength of zero might be there to suggest that Azelle is a weakling. 

Luckily for Azelle magic depends on someone's mind rather than his body. Despite his appearance and meekness Azelle has several things going for him. He's got holy blood which makes him more powerfull than the average individual and magic is supposed to be more powerful in Jugdral. With these things Azelle will always be able to pull his weight. Another reason that might make Azelle more powerful can be found in the personality of him and his brother. Arvis is likely to have personally taught magic to his little brother and he strikes me as a very strict teacher. Azelle is a good boy who must have taken his studies seriously, Azelle is also terrified of Arvis and especially about letting him down. If Arvis wouldn't accept a mediocre student then Azelle would study his butt off to not let Arvis down. Even if Azelle doesn't have the raw power of Lewyn then Arvis would have personally seen to it that his little brother has plenty of skill. 

Azelle has soft features but artwork of him in his Mage Knight class often show sharper features which suggest that Azelle might have buffed up during his adventures which would eliminate his weak body as a weakness in the later chapters. 

Unfortunately, I have little reason to believe that Azel is that strong in actuality. A thing to understand that Holy Blood in Jugdral only helps slightly in regards to how they are slightly more gifted than others and can grow a bit stronger. However, the Holy Weapon is the source of the true power for the blood. 

Furthermore, even if he's got some gifts, Lex tagged along since Azel is his friend, and Arvis asked Sigurd to keep Azel safe. There isn't too much confidence in Azel being a greatly skilled fighter as a mage that would give him the ability to be a super strong asset. He needs others to still look after him as his peers seem to think. I would honestly give him a 6 at best, cause he doesn't feel too strong. Otherwise, maybe a 5.5.

2 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Frederick- 9/10. I don't think I need to justify such a high score, because he's literally that strong and versatile.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Frederick 9/10: Both story wise and gameplay. His family has served the royal family of Ylisse for generations, so he just have been prepared to the job. His training breaks down the mages of the army also Vaike of all people. He took a hit from Nowi's dragon breath, and was fine the next day wanting a rematch. Got hit by an arrow badly. only to shrug it off. A true superman.

I honestly don't think that Frederick is THAT strong. He's not so strong that his mere presence can turn the tide of battle. He's definitely very strong, and very observant, but not to the same level that he would be labeled a champion.

However, perhaps I'm not giving Frederick enough credit, as Xander did compare Frederick to Garon, but perhaps in regards to their spar. 

I would at best rank Frederick at an 8 at worst. 8.5 at best.

As fit as Frederick is, looking at the ranking a 9 is practically a one man army, and he is not at that level at all.

He is strong though, one of the best in the Ylissian army, but not as strong as Chrom or even Lucina, so I think an 8 would be fair. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I honestly don't think that Frederick is THAT strong. He's not so strong that his mere presence can turn the tide of battle. He's definitely very strong, and very observant, but not to the same level that he would be labeled a champion.

However, perhaps I'm not giving Frederick enough credit, as Xander did compare Frederick to Garon, but perhaps in regards to their spar. 

I would at best rank Frederick at an 8 at worst. 8.5 at best.

I may have overrated him a bit, but in the series there are few that can take on dragons (excluding gameplay) let alone whole armies. 

37 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Furthermore, even if he's got some gifts, Lex tagged along since Azel is his friend, and Arvis asked Sigurd to keep Azel safe. There isn't too much confidence in Azel being a greatly skilled fighter as a mage that would give him the ability to be a super strong asset. He needs others to still look after him as his peers seem to think. I would honestly give him a 6 at best, cause he doesn't feel too strong. Otherwise, maybe a 5.5.

Lex is definitely something of Azelle's big bro but him going to war purely for Azelle's sake strikes me more as a signal about just how close the two are. I view it similarly as I do Hector joining Eliwood. They join their redhead friends not as babbysitters but because being at your friends side when he goes into danger is what best friends do. With Arvis its also the fact that Azelle is the only loved one Arvis has at that point so of course he ask Sigurd to watch over him. But if Arvis didn't have any confidence in Azelle he would have used his dad veto and forcefully taken him back. Arvis doesn't exactly tell Sigurd to keep Azelle's from harm's way either. ''Show him the ropes'' is how Arvis puts it which leaves room for Azelle to contribute and learn from the experience.

As the resident Freddy fangirl here, I have to jump in for him! His strength is one reason I'm so in love with him, so of course I'd say he's very strong!

I agree with those saying 9/10 and for pretty much the same reasons, really. He seems to be able to shrug off hits from powerful dragons like Nowi, and he's comparable to Xander who's said to be a real force. And so on. I'd also say his physical strength might rival RD Ike's, as he has some killer abs and powerful looking legs going on there.

21 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Lex is definitely something of Azelle's big bro but him going to war purely for Azelle's sake strikes me more as a signal about just how close the two are. I view it similarly as I do Hector joining Eliwood. They join their redhead friends not as babbysitters but because being at your friends side when he goes into danger is what best friends do. With Arvis its also the fact that Azelle is the only loved one Arvis has at that point so of course he ask Sigurd to watch over him. But if Arvis didn't have any confidence in Azelle he would have used his dad veto and forcefully taken him back. Arvis doesn't exactly tell Sigurd to keep Azelle's from harm's way either. ''Show him the ropes'' is how Arvis puts it which leaves room for Azelle to contribute and learn from the experience.

Still, I wouldn't exactly this makes him worthy of actually being in the rank of 7. There honestly doesn't show enough indication of enough feats to warrant that he's that strong. Hence why I feel he works as a 6 more. 

52 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I may have overrated him a bit, but in the series there are few that can take on dragons (excluding gameplay) let alone whole armies. 

Eh, not exactly. We have the Archanean league and Marth take on many dragons at once and even stronger ones. So if taking on dragons meant that they are on the 9 scale, that would already put Marth and others on that same scale automatically. 

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Still, I wouldn't exactly this makes him worthy of actually being in the rank of 7. There honestly doesn't show enough indication of enough feats to warrant that he's that strong. Hence why I feel he works as a 6 more. 

Eh, not exactly. We have the Archanean league and Marth take on many dragons at once and even stronger ones. So if taking on dragons meant that they are on the 9 scale, that would already put Marth and others on that same scale automatically. 

I thought that feral dragons were greatly reduced in power compared to ones that still have their sanity?

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

I thought that feral dragons were greatly reduced in power compared to ones that still have their sanity?

They lost their sanity, but Manaketes are generally the ones that are handicapped, whereas Feral Dragons retain all their power. New Mystery adds to this by making the Feral Dragons stronger than Manaketes. 

It's a major reason why Divine Dragons, who by all means are stronger than Earth Dragons, ended up defeating the Earth Dragon at the cost of their lives.

Sure, this could be fun.

Azelle 6.5/10: Not sure about him and I've jumped from a 7 to a 6 back to a 7 so I think I'll give him a 6.5. He's a mage knight with minor holy blood. If you have Holy blood even if it is minor you're considered special, you stand above the 'normal' fighters so anyone who isn't a dancer or Corple is an automatic 6/10 in my book. He gets half a point for growing strong enough (thanks to his holy blood) to use some really strong fire spells but I didn't give him a 7 because his 'character' can't back up his power imo. 

Haven't played Chad's game

Frederick 8/10: Not giving him a 9 because 9 is the kind of ranking I would only give to characters that have the power to fight small armies or beings similar to armies. Frederick is more of an 8/10 kind of guy imo. 8/10 meaning that he's incredibly strong. I even think that in the story of Awakening he's supposed to be one of the top 10 strongest playable characters (not including spotpass characters) and considering how super powerful some Awakening characters are I think that's an impressive feat. 

Azelle: While he does have a good teacher in his elder brother and he does have holy blood, he's still shown to be not quite as adept as several other characters in Genealogy. He could probably hold his own but he's still a little more reliant on Sigurd, Lex, or Arvis to help him out and give him an edge. But, magic is very powerful in Jugdral, so he does get a but of a minor boost in that. He's probably around a 6.5/10.

Chad: He's younger than Roy and really doesn't do anything impressive, other than thieving of course. He's more likely to be left behind at camp for most battles, and in battle he's probably ghosting someone older and better to help him along. He's probably one of the weakest characters in FE6. 3/10

Frederick: While he is strong and in gameplay he might shrug off blows from dragons like Nowi, I really don't think he's that strong as far as story and lore go. He is one of the stronger knights in the kingdom, obviously since he's protecting the highest of the high ranking royals Chrom and Lissa, but I doubt he's as strong as Chrom, or even Lucina. 7.5/10

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Azelle's like a 7. He's one of the weaker Holy Blood units in the story, as he's generally relying on others. But he still had Holy Blood, which even without the weapons, is a pretty big power boost. Azelle would probably be an average Mage without it, but with it he's still a force to be reckoned with... Just not quite as much as most of the others.

Chad's like a 2. He's a 12 year old Thief. Most enemy mooks are noticeably stronger than he is, and that's really all we have to go on. He's just a Thief, and not suited for combat, with no explicit combat skills.

Frederick's like a 7.5. He's a completely normal guy. He's strong, dedicated and experienced, but that only gets you so far in this franchise when you're just a normal dude in the grand scheme of things. I could be tempted to say 8, but if we're saying full-on doombringers like Julius and Nergal are in the 9s, I'm not tempted to bring Frederick out of the 7s.

Edited by Slumber

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

And the gate remained open for a few seconds, which only allowed one dragon to come through, which quickly died. Imagine if he had all of Lycia's quintessence. How long would the Gate remain open and how many dragons would come through?

That happened because Nils showed up and interrupted the brainwashed Ninian's gate-opening midway into the process. If it wasn't for him, the gate-opening would have been completely finished and it stable.

The minor character brigade got more discussion than I suspected. That's nice. Today's characters are Hardin, Tibarn and Xander. 

Hardin: 8,7/10

The Hardin of today will be the cavalier found in Shadow Dragon. Emperor Hardin is different enough to get his own entry at a later date. There are enough reasons to assume Hardin is very powerful. He's about the only Archean leader who didn't have his country fall to Dohlr. Cornelius, the nameless Archenean king and Miloah all died and had their nations conquered, but Hardin was still alive and fighting when Marth started his journey several years after the fall of Altea and Archenea. This isn't depicted as Aurelius being so special but Hardin himself being such a strong leader. When conversing with Minerva when they briefly team their interactions depicts them as equals which means Hardin should be roughly as strong as her. Hardin himself doesn't seem troubled with the prospect of facing Minerva in battle after seeing her skills. Hardin being able to use silver weapons right off the bat suggests he's a good deal more skilled then most people in the army. 

The biggest compliment to Hardin was that the Archeneans considered him a suitable candidate as emperor. That the only other candidate was Marth further compliments Hardin as he was deemed a suitable replacement for the hero who just won the war. Shadow Dragon's story didn't focus on anyone other than Marth but Hardin's accession probably means he contributed quite a lot during the war of darkness.

But there are also things holding Hardin back. He's not depicted as the strongest fighter on the continent. He's obviously the inferior of Camus and if he's supposed to be the equal of Minerva then Michelis is still above Hardin. And while Hardin kept himself standing during the war he wasn't exactly winning before Marth showed up.

Tibarn: 9,5/10

Tibarn is without a doubt one of the strongest figures on Tellius. Being a Laguz king already means being the strongest of that respective Laguz tribe and the plot makes several comments that suggests Tibarn is stronger than his fellow bird king Neasalla. That Tibarn leads a successful crusade against an empire ten times the size of his own kingdom speaks pretty well of him. Begnion is said to fear the Hawks rather then just shrug them off as a minor annoyance. 

A good indication of Tibarn's power is how he performs against other characters. As said he's already suggested to be stronger than Neasalla but he also faces the Black Knight/Zelgius three times without much trouble. Very strong fighters like Nailah and even Ashnard get very giddy about fighting someone as strong as Tibarn and particularly with Ashnard that's a big compliment. 

What holds Tibarn back from a perfect score is that he's not entirely without peers. He has no problem with fighting the Black Knight but BK also has no problem fighting him. If Tibarn and the Black Knight are equals it would mean Ike surpassed him at the end of RD. Dheginsea is enough to make a goddess nervous so he's stronger too, and its likely Caineghis is stronger than Tibarn as well. Also with a weakness against arrows and wind, as well as a total lack of night vision Tibarn has a bit too many weaknesses. 

Xander: 9,2/10

Xander is easily the strongest royal in Fates. Ryoma might be his counterpart and might kick his ass in gameplay but the plot sees things differently. Xander is treated with a reverence that Ryoma doesn't receive. After defeating Leo the younger prince spells out that Corrin's team can't defeat Xander as they are and at that point Ryoma is already a part of the team. Unlike Ryoma Xander is also undefeated. Ryoma gets defeated in Conquest when he's giving his all to defend his homeland. In Birthright the Xander that loses to Corrin has already lost all motivation to fight and just wants to die. Another notable indication of Xander's power is that he doesn't seem to fear Garon like the other siblings, instead being loyal because he's invested in the idea of Garon as a good daddy. 

In a fight Xander has a legendary weapon that can shoot energy beams so he can attack from a distance, he got a gravity defying horse to give him mobility and being a Fates royal means he can use dragon veins in combat as well. 

Xander needs to be scored higher than a 9 because he's stronger than Ryoma but I'm not entirely convinced of Xander being worthy of a 9,5 or 10 either. There isn't a peer strong enough for Xander to do something truly epic. Fateslandia seems a pretty weak continent due to having pathetic villains. Xander might be strong enough to intimidate Hans and Iago but this means nothing because they are such losers, and with base Garon not being the final boss in either Birthright or Conquest he might not be so strong either. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Hardin 8/10: The dude smacked Macedon around with the Wolfguard, he's gotta be up there in power, and became in the next emperor.

Tibarn: 8/5/10:  Hawk King is no joke, able to take on some of the strongest people on the continent like Zelgius and Ashnard. But is isn't at the top of the food chain, I'm sure that Lehran, Dheginsea are able to beat him.

Xander: 8/3/10: From a weak child to one of the strongest in the Fates world. His strength come from always wanting to improve himself until there is no need. Everyone talking highly of him, with good reason.

Hardin: During Shadow Dragon, Hardin is clearly shown as one of the best fighters in Marth's army. He's shown to be Minerva and Marth's equals, a cut above most of the other characters. He could probably handle Ogma, Navarre, and Jagen without much hassle. 8.5/10

Tibarn: One of the strongest Tellius characters, but not THE strongest. He's about as strong as Zelgius and Ike, but he's probably a bit weaker than Caineghis and Dheginsea. He's probably around an 8.5 or a 9/10.

Xander: Honestly I think Xander would lose in a fight against most other main FE protagonists. Fates does make him out to be really strong within the context of its own continent, but as a whole the cast of Fates seems weaker than a lot of other FE continents. Within Fates, Ryoma is probably his only equal (aside from maybe Laslow judging by their supports?), but outside of Fates, I doubt he'd be equal to someone like Ephraim, Ike, Chrom, Hector, or even Eliwood (as Eliwood is shown to be as good as Hector). I honestly think even Ryoma is a bit better. Xander seems to be maybe a 7.5 or an 8/10.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Xander: 9,2/10

Xander is easily the strongest royal in Fates. Ryoma might be his counterpart and might kick his ass in gameplay but the plot sees things differently. Xander is treated with a reverence that Ryoma doesn't receive. After defeating Leo the younger prince spells out that Corrin's team can't defeat Xander as they are and at that point Ryoma is already a part of the team. Unlike Ryoma Xander is also undefeated. Ryoma gets defeated in Conquest when he's giving his all to defend his homeland. In Birthright the Xander that loses to Corrin has already lost all motivation to fight and just wants to die. Another notable indication of Xander's power is that he doesn't seem to fear Garon like the other siblings, instead being loyal because he's invested in the idea of Garon as a good daddy. 

In a fight Xander has a legendary weapon that can shoot energy beams so he can attack from a distance, he got a gravity defying horse to give him mobility and being a Fates royal means he can use dragon veins in combat as well. 

Xander needs to be scored higher than a 9 because he's stronger than Ryoma but I'm not entirely convinced of Xander being worthy of a 9,5 or 10 either. There isn't a peer strong enough for Xander to do something truly epic. Fateslandia seems a pretty weak continent due to having pathetic villains. Xander might be strong enough to intimidate Hans and Iago but this means nothing because they are such losers, and with base Garon not being the final boss in either Birthright or Conquest he might not be so strong either. 

I have reason to argue against this. In the supports, it was stated that Laslow and Xander faced off when Laslow was chosen to be Xander's retainer, and Laslow was beating him easily, to the point of toying with him. In the Japanese dialogue, it's lightly implied that Laslow threw the match on purpose. If Laslow can best Xander like he does, and Lucina is definitely stronger than him, then Lucina would have to be stronger than Xander. 

Also, in regards to the "Xander beat Corrin in Birthright, but Corrin beat Ryoma in Conquest", I have arguments towards that. 

I could post my threads, but I'll give a rundown.

For the most part, Xander was the one that TAUGHT Corrin how to fight throughout Corrin's entire life. Xander would automatically have an advantage because he knows Corrin's fighting style inside and out. Once you know how your enemy fights, you have ways to counter them. Second of all, in Conquest, Corrin was fully resolved to fight his siblings for the sake of the higher goal, that was to seat Garon on the Hoshidan throne. But Birthright Corrin was NOT prepared to fight Corrin, and Corrin had doubts against the prospect of fighting Xander. Once you hold doubts, you already lost. Ike says that much to Sothe even:

Sothe: Commander, we can’t retreat. We have to keep fighting, even if I have to fight you…

Ike: Sothe, you’ve already lost this fight.

Sothe: What do you mean by that?

Ike: You don’t think you can win against me, so you won’t. Going into battle with that kind of doubt, you’ll lose for sure. Just think of me as an enemy soldier to be cut down.

Once Corrin saw Xander kill Elise and despite Elise's plea, Corrin threw away all doubts and really fought Xander. Xander did want to die, but even so, the point is that Corrin was already going to lose the moment that he had doubts about winning. 

Furthermore, Ryoma only lost to Corrin because he was no longer in the right state of mind. What made Ryoma so strong is because he was the calm, collected type. But when he fought Corrin in Conquest, he was filled with rage and hatred. Ryoma went against the normal way he fought his battles. He would still be strong as a fighter, as the gameplay shows, but his inability to focus rationally any longer made him a much weaker opponent that Corrin could handle, especially since Corrin was unwilling to abandon the mission.

The biggest compliment to Hardin was that the Archeneans considered him a suitable candidate as emperor. That the only other candidate was Marth further compliments Hardin as he was deemed a suitable replacement for the hero who just won the war. Shadow Dragon's story didn't focus on anyone other than Marth but Hardin's accession probably means he contributed quite a lot during the war of darkness.

Actually, it's more to do with how Hardin and Marth were the ONLY bachelors available. They are the only ones that are royalty and not yet married. 

14 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I have reason to argue against this. In the supports, it was stated that Laslow and Xander faced off when Laslow was chosen to be Xander's retainer, and Laslow was beating him easily, to the point of toying with him. In the Japanese dialogue, it's lightly implied that Laslow threw the match on purpose. If Laslow can best Xander like he does, and Lucina is definitely stronger than him, then Lucina would have to be stronger than Xander. 

That's a common reading but I don't agree to it. Laslow is definitely one of the stronger Nohrians due to having saved the world already but I don't think he's stronger then Xander. I always felt more that the support was saying that Xander knew Laslow was hiding his power but not to the extend of being able to beat Xander. The overly stuffy Xander would find an opponent not bringing their A game to be ''toying'' with him.

16 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, it's more to do with how Hardin and Marth were the ONLY bachelors available. They are the only ones that are royalty and not yet married.

That's not entirely true. George for example is also a batchelor and from one of Archenea's most prominent families. Being royalty probably wasn't strictly required for Nyna's hand and with Marth's kingdom being pretty tiny George's domain might very well be larger. 

32 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That's a common reading but I don't agree to it. Laslow is definitely one of the stronger Nohrians due to having saved the world already but I don't think he's stronger then Xander. I always felt more that the support was saying that Xander knew Laslow was hiding his power but not to the extend of being able to beat Xander. The overly stuffy Xander would find an opponent not bringing their A game to be ''toying'' with him.

It isn't a matter that you agree with it, it's a matter where Xander was saying that Laslow was downright playing with him. Even says that Xander might have lost.

Xander: And they were only further surprised when my father appointed you as my retainer. But while my father chose you, I felt I had to test you myself. Do you recall our duel? Once we began, I found myself taken aback by your strength. Your technique was flawless. At one point, I knew you were merely playing with me. Though I eventually gained the upper hand, I truly feared I might lose the match.

Laslow went through far worse than whatever Xander went through, has far more experience fighting against opponents. At best, Laslow is equal to Xander as a fighter. And we can easily say that Lucina is way stronger than Laslow. So if Lucina trumps Laslow, who is able to fight on par or even be able to best Xander, then Lucina is already better than Xander.

Hence why I rank Xander at an 8-8.5.

38 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That's not entirely true. George for example is also a batchelor and from one of Archenea's most prominent families. Being royalty probably wasn't strictly required for Nyna's hand and with Marth's kingdom being pretty tiny George's domain might very well be larger. 

It's possible, though at the same time, since nations have been torn apart, it would be a smarter political move to have a marriage between leaders of two nations, as a way of strengthening relations. Though no doubt Marth was a bigger choice since he was basically made into a legend as the Hero-King. 

28 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It isn't a matter that you agree with it, it's a matter where Xander was saying that Laslow was downright playing with him. Even says that Xander might have lost.

Yes and the disagreement is with how much that statement means. Xander saying Laslow was playing with him doesn't need to mean Laslow is stronger then him especially if their respective portrayals do not suggest such an outcome at all. 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Yes and the disagreement is with how much that statement means. Xander saying Laslow was playing with him doesn't need to mean Laslow is stronger then him especially if their respective portrayals do not suggest such an outcome at all. 

Not really. Cause based on Inigo's level up quotes, he is perfectly able to be stronger, he just refuses to do it because being bulky is tacky. Laslow is a much more skilled fighter, and the only reason gameplay wouldn't suggest it is due to how the royal units are supposed to be the special units. Not to mention it would cause an imbalance to the other retainers if that were the case.

Hardin: Uh, he's pretty strong. Wait, which Hardin are we talking? Are we talking Shadow Dragon Hardin or Mystery Hardin? If it's the latter, then he's basically unkillable out of sheer fact that he has the Darkstone so no one's touching him without the Lightstone (what was it actually called again)? So FE1/11 Hardin is a 8/10 while FE3/12 Hardin is a 10/10 because he literally can't be killed without something special.

Tibarn: When i get to Tellius, i'll anwser.

Xander: He's very strong. Got a horse, great swordsmen skills, a legendary weapon that shoots dark laser beams. And we can't forget Dragon Vein. The game never actually touches on whether the Dragon Vein spots are just a gameplay mechanic or if the DV carriers really are limited in where and how they can use it. I like to assume it's a gameplay mechanic so there's nothing stopping Xander from saying fuck you and causing acid rain to rain on the enemy or causing the ground to split because DV. He's not a God though and has been bested by Laslow, which suggests those with higher experience (Lalsow went through literal hell) so 9/10.

9 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

its likely Caineghis is stronger than Tibarn as well

The roars of Caineghis are why the BK gave up his hunt for the Medallion the night he murdered Greil. At the very least, it means Cain should be able to severely injure the BK, which would suggest a minimum of roughly equal strength. You don't retreat from a foe when you've a serious mission, unless they have the potential to cripple your future fighting abilities.

and with Marth's kingdom being pretty tiny

Although in fairness, the kingdoms of Archanea look fairly small by later FE standards. Maybe it is just due to how zoomed out the map is compared to Tellius and Jugdral, but they don't seem very large, and are certainly smaller than Elibe countries.

To use this map, the Holy Kingdom of Archanea is what, the two peninsulas up to that little river and the one island? It is big by Archanean standards, no other country is that large there. Yet, perhaps, not very big by the standards of other games, maybe average size. Grust looks terribly small for the greatest military power per capita on the continent.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Lightstone (what was it actually called again)?

In Shadow Dragon, it is called the Lightsphere, alongside the Geosphere and Starsphere. Presumably the other two would be the Lifesphere and either Dark or Shadow-sphere, had NM come aboard.

In Awakening, they are called the Gemstones, and go by the new names of Gules, Vert, Azure, Argent, and Sable.