LEFT ALIVE

the hype is real. it's been ages since i've played something as good as Armored Core or Zone of the Enders. hopefully this one will be a good game, considering who worked on this title.

they're also releasing a limited edition with an artbook and an action figure of the in-game mechs, wich is quite nice.

early 2019 is gonna be a good time for gaming, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Looks like we're getting some decent mech games next year.

Daemon X Machina will be another interesting title as well, althou the anime visuals might be a bit too flashy for my tastes.

i've heard that Left Alive could eventually be inspired by Front Mission, but judging from the few clips of gameplay i've seen so far, it looks more like a fusion between Metal Gear and Armored Core, wich is honestly amazing. we'll see how it develops.

47 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

Daemon X Machina will be another interesting title as well, althou the anime visuals might be a bit too flashy for my tastes.

i've heard that Left Alive could eventually be inspired by Front Mission, but judging from the few clips of gameplay i've seen so far, it looks more like a fusion between Metal Gear and Armored Core, wich is honestly amazing. we'll see how it develops.

I'm fine with Daemon X Machina's over the top anime visuals, since it's supposed to be an over the top action game.

Yeah, I've also heard of the Front Mission inspiration. Makes sense, given that it's part of the same universe. Metal Gear probably comes to mind due to Shinkawa's involvement, and that snippit we see in this trailer does look like what was in MGS4, but that mech segment of MGS4 was like, 15 minutes long. Armored Core is also a bit more vertical, but again, this is a few-seconds long preview of actual gameplay.

Anywho, giant fighting robots always make me happy.

Edited by Slumber